Forums Off Topic
i need advice!!!!!!!!!!!!

i dont know what to do

my hours at work got cut to 32 hours a week and im so broke i cant aford to pay attention

its not looking good for my shop and it looks like we may go under but who knows

i have been there for 15 years and have never seen it this bad before and i have never been afraid for my livelyhood before................

my mother sent me some info about a job opening at her shop in south carolina (they have had 29 applicants and none of them were qualified it seems) and it looks like i have the experience they want and may even pay for my relocation and i would have a free place to stay for a while...........

the big thing for me is if i apply for this and get it and i move there it will devestate my son big time.............

what do i do????????????

do i hang at my shop in the shitty michigan economy and hope for the best or do i start my life over in a new state away from my son???????????

im so confused....................
Johnny Bisco Tuesday 2/03/2009 at 02:20 AM | 34148
thats a hard one bro.if your son could go with you. go if not can he come down after youve moved and settle in.if this is a better job and more money look at it as for your son.but in the end its your choice.
condemned1 Tuesday 2/03/2009 at 02:30 AM | 34151
wow John, that's really hard bro.

If it weren't for your son I'd say get as far away from Michigan as posble (I commute to northern Indiana and their economy is crap too, unemployment there is 15.5% and climbing).I wish It was just an easy decion but it hardly ever is I guess.

Kids need their parents, now more than ever and If I had a son and don't know if I could move that far away either.Hang in there man, just wish this wasn't a double edged sword for you.
DaShape Tuesday 2/03/2009 at 03:11 AM | 34157
I've gotta agree with Joel here.

If it wasn't for your son, I'd say take the new job and move.

With your son's well being involved, I'd say stick around and see what happens.

Another thing to think about, if your shop's future is looking as bleak as you think, how will it impact your son if you end up with no employment?Times are rough right now, my company laid off three more customer service reps Thursday and four more warehouse employees today.

I'm just happy I have a job to go to.

You've got a tough decion ahead of ya.

I don't envy you one bit.
Snoballz Tuesday 2/03/2009 at 04:08 AM | 34162
tough one bro....Ive got two boys and wouldn't wanna be away from them BUT with the economy the way it is...its hard to pass up a sure thing. If you can bring your boy with you...do it!
ny ghoul Tuesday 2/03/2009 at 05:32 AM | 34167
Man Bisco that's tough. The importance of a steady income is so great right now that I think pasng up that opportunity would be a big risk if your shop is really that bad off. Will the job opening close if you don't act soon? If not, I say wait a bit longer and see if things get any worse before taking such a huge step. Of course I don't know the all the details here, but I'm sure you'll make the right decion for you and your boy.
Myers31TKD Tuesday 2/03/2009 at 08:25 AM | 34175
tough one bro....Ive got two boys and wouldn't wanna be away from them BUT with the economy the way it is...its hard to pass up a sure thing. If you can bring your boy with you...do it It can be a really hard decion....Before I came back to Japan our familiy moved all over the US. I've lived in Seattle /Washington,Baton Rouge /Louiana,Lexington/ Kentucky,Davis/California,Chicago/Ill.,South Carolina,DC,,,just a few.. I think staying with family is the best thing. Have a talk with your son it's the best thing. If you guys do tend to move your son will learn to understand,I did. Moving sucks but your son will grow up strong from this experience. Sorry to sound like Yoda...
kaizu Tuesday 2/03/2009 at 08:35 AM | 34176
Man, I'm sorry that this shit is happening to ya again. We all are having troubles with that cris around the world, and many things are going wrong nce this shit starts. I think your son will always wish your well and happiness. You must be good to give your son the best you could, right? You must put all these things in balance and look to the future: yours and your son future. What's the best for him? You all fucked up now but better on near future or bad now and later? Thought we know the answer... Think ahead, man, and if you can't take a good life where you are, send all of this to hell and get what's best for you, even if this means a time far from your son... I'll be praying for ya, bro, and I know things gonna be ok!

Luckmann
LÜCKMANN Tuesday 2/03/2009 at 12:00 PM | 34187
I can only speak from my own experience from childhood. My dad was military and moved a lot and there were years we didn't get to see each other. I was a little resentful when I was younger, but now I realize he was doing what was right for me. The man may not have been there as much as he liked to, but he did what a lot of dad's can't or don't do - he made sure that my mother had the financial help she needed to raise me.

Your son may be devastated at first, but I think over all your financial security is most beneficial to him. Not just for financial reasons, but because children feed off their parents. And if you are stressed and anxious, he could pick up on that. And with technology as it is today, you can still be there for him even if it's not in person. Sure, it's not ideal, but it's posble.

I hate that all these crappy things keep happening to you! I wish you the best of luck for you and your son!
St. Pete Slasher Tuesday 2/03/2009 at 05:32 PM | 34228
I agree with Nici...hun sometimes relocation is necessary. If it is that bad out there in Michigan then it doesn't sound like you have much of an option. You have to do what's going to make things better in the long run for both you and him.
kweandee Tuesday 2/03/2009 at 09:11 PM | 34240
thanks for the advice i love all you guys!
Johnny Bisco Tuesday 2/03/2009 at 10:12 PM | 34255
Do you really love me, Taft???
LÜCKMANN Wednesday 2/04/2009 at 05:54 PM | 34457
Do you really love me, Taft???

LMAO....
kweandee Wednesday 2/04/2009 at 07:58 PM | 34463
you aint right man..............
Johnny Bisco Thursday 2/05/2009 at 01:29 AM | 34507
Bisco, você quebrou meu coração...

LÜCKMANN Thursday 2/05/2009 at 03:39 PM | 34569
LOL you guys are too funny :)
kweandee Thursday 2/05/2009 at 07:29 PM | 34586
Is just because I'm a Bisco fan, really. I'm thinking in make a fan club for him. Don't you see the MM.net, totally dedicated to Myers? So, I'll creat JB.net, and we'll get some photos and videos when he was a drunken kid and son on...

Will be great!

LÜCKMANN Friday 2/06/2009 at 09:21 AM | 34694
and id probably be the only vitor to the te
Johnny Bisco Friday 2/06/2009 at 12:32 PM | 34704
No way man...I wanna be a mod there!!
lblambert Friday 2/06/2009 at 11:37 PM | 34756
and id probably be the only vitor to the te

Jerk!

LÜCKMANN Wednesday 2/11/2009 at 07:18 PM | 35394