Forums Off Topic
A Match Made In Halo: Meet on Halo and now are married!?!?!?

I read about Derai Labrada and John Henry, the couple that met playing Halo and planned on getting married this month in a Halo-themed wedding at Otronicon. Well they did it people, the couple is how happily married.The ceremony started just after 1 p.m. in the Science Center's theater. Onstage, a screenshot from Ivory Tower, one of the wedding couple's favorite "Halo" levels, was projected, and a string quartet played songs from the game's soundtrack. Atop an incline of stadium seating, Master Chief began his walk down to the stage followed by John and his groomsmen, their ties marked with the winged-sword emblem of John's "Halo" character. Bridesmaids -- including a matron of honor who just months before had confessed that she didn't know who Master Chief was -- proceeded to their potions. And then, instead of "Here Comes the Bride," Derai entered to the dramatic score of the "Halo" menu muc.

Awesome. Congratulations Derai and John, HorrorBid.com wishes you the best and many stickys and kills to come

DaShape Tuesday 2/03/2009 at 04:36 PM | 34216
lol...that funny
Z willlllllllly Tuesday 2/03/2009 at 10:38 PM | 34270
That's incredibly geeky, but cool at the same time.

Seeing as how they met playing Halo, it was a fitting ceremony.

I am not a fan of the traditional wedding ceremony, it should be fun.

I mean, hell, you only get two or three of them, might as well have fun!
Snoballz Tuesday 2/03/2009 at 10:51 PM | 34276
100000000000000000 dollars says their kid ends up being a bigger dork than they are
Johnny Bisco Friday 2/13/2009 at 07:59 PM | 35658
wow, lol. that is pretty awesome. At least they didn't do an ingame wedding.

I saw an elite marry a spartan in halo 2 on headlong lol
Capnvlad Sunday 3/08/2009 at 05:34 PM | 39019
Thats cool but a whole lot of GHEY at the same time.

These people are probably trekkis too.

LOL
Evildsm Friday 3/20/2009 at 05:20 PM | 40281
Lmao. Sounds like the world is getting stupid by every minute, lol. I had to admit it---it's very original and awesome idea. What would be happen to their family life with children in near future? Lol.
Gary Suyoru Tuesday 4/07/2009 at 09:46 PM | 42035