Forums Horror Movie Talk
Ghosts Of Mars

I just saw this last night (and not even all the way through) and I already hate it. This is the first John Carpenter movie I do not like. It's just......horrid.

Ice Cube??? Really??? Why?
DrenTheLiar Tuesday 2/03/2009 at 10:11 PM | 34253
I just saw this last night (and not even all the way through) and I already hate it. This is the first John Carpenter movie I do not like. It's just......horrid.

Ice Cube??? Really??? Why?

I was a fan of this movie when I was like 10. I just thought the ghost/demon/whatever the hell they are things were pretty cool.

After rewatching this about 6 months ago, it really made me wonder how the hell I ever enjoyed it. It was beyond dumb. I'd almost rather watch the remake to Psycho. Ok, a bit of an exaggeration there.But the acting was beyond stupid, Ice Cube was a horrible fit for the movie and it was just overall disappointing, especially coming from JC.
KeeterZ Friday 2/13/2009 at 06:49 PM | 35643
was there a study done that proved that Ice Cube sells movie tickets????? if not then why in god's holy name does this hack get ANY roles?!?!?!?!?! He's got ONE expreson...the scowl. thats it. No acting chops. He's horrific. Keep rappers out of movies...please!
ny ghoul Saturday 2/14/2009 at 04:07 AM | 35797
rather fun watching Jason Statham get his ass handed to him though, I thought it was pretty fun for a horrible scifi picture quality flick. Even John knows that he produces some clunkers sometimes, just watch his interviews for Halloween Two. tting there going on about tting in a chair with a case of beer going how the hell do I continue this shit, bigger body count thats how. Now how do I stretch it to feature length. He has his hits and misses, this definitely being the latter.

Still fucking funny watching "Marilyn Manson" rampage around mars with a cool machete though.
ironblade87 Saturday 12/26/2009 at 12:14 PM | 59535