Forums Horror Collectibles
Hugo - Man of a Thousand Faces

Is there anyone else out there that remembers this toy?

I had one of these in the mid '70s when I was a kid and absolutely loved it. It was the closest a budding horror fiend like little Yukon could get to creating his own horror make-up. The bag contains all the prosthetics and various hair pieces, eyeglasses, etc that would be glued on with a glue-stick. They could be pulled off again but the downde was that Hugo got gunky and grungy pretty damn quick.

I recently learned that Hugo was created by Alan Ormsby the year after he wrote, directed, and split make-up effects work with Tom Savini (his first film work) on Deranged.

I found this one on feebay in brand-new condition and just had to snag it! Along with this mint Hugo, the guy threw in a used Hugo with the parts in a ziplock bag and a spare used Hugo head.

lblambert Friday 2/06/2009 at 08:31 PM | 34736
I actually had one of those, and still had it in the attic of my mom's house untill she moved and we trashed a bunch of my childhood treasures several years ago.
TxSteveTodd Saturday 2/07/2009 at 03:05 PM | 34811
sounds like when my mom went through and gave away all my star wars toys from the 70s to charity grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Johnny Bisco Saturday 2/07/2009 at 03:07 PM | 34812
I remember that

Looks like it's in great condition!

sounds like when my mom went through and gave away all my star wars toys from the 70s to charity grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I still have my Kenner Slave1 and the DeathStar set somewhere and the rare starwars survival kit

kaizu Saturday 2/07/2009 at 05:44 PM | 34833
I remember that

Looks like it's in great condition!

sounds like when my mom went through and gave away all my star wars toys from the 70s to charity grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I still have my Kenner Slave1 and the DeathStar set somewhere and the rare starwars survival kit

well rub it in why dont you!!!!!!!!!!

Johnny Bisco Saturday 2/07/2009 at 05:57 PM | 34837