Forums Horror Collectibles
HSS H4 SCULPT COMPLETE FIRST PIC (2-7-09)

At Booman's request...

Rumors have been floating around now for months about HSS doing an H4 Myers.

Well that is finally about to happen. I'm flying out to LA on Feb 4 to make the end all be all H4 Myers. I can't say much more except I'll have access to Crofader's screen used H4 mask.

HorrorSanctum Wednesday 1/28/2009 at 04:22 AM | 33477
GREAT NEWS!!! Brownie points go to the first person who can guess how excited I am...

Myers31TKD Wednesday 1/28/2009 at 04:30 AM | 33478
Brownie points go to the first person who can guess how excited I am...

A picture is worth a thousand words...

lblambert Wednesday 1/28/2009 at 04:55 AM | 33479
great news sam, feb 4 is actually my birthday does this mean i get a free copy? cant wait to see itseth
halloween killer Wednesday 1/28/2009 at 05:09 AM | 33480
Well its official folks! Sam is gonna have just shy of a week to t and stare at the Halloween 4 screen used mask as reference to make the most accurate H4 mask replica. I have been wanting to add an H4 mask to my collection for a very long time but could never do it nce I always felt no one could capture the look after seeing and holding pauls H4 on so many occaons. The H4 mask is family and HSS is family so its only right that Sam nails this one for the collectors. Its a great mask to see in person and will be an awesome project to see start to finish.

quietonthesetstudios Wednesday 1/28/2009 at 05:23 AM | 33481
This is awesome news! Ive been holding off as well in getting a H4 because theres been nothing out there that floored me or made think "thats the one!". Sam is uber-talented and I can't wait to see the results!
ny ghoul Wednesday 1/28/2009 at 05:57 AM | 33482
At Booman's request...

Rumors have been floating around now for months about HSS doing an H4 Myers.

Well that is finally about to happen. I'm flying out to LA on Feb 4 to make the end all be all H4 Myers. I can't say much more except I'll have access to Crofader's screen used H4 mask.

Awwwwwww shiiiiiitt!
DrenTheLiar Wednesday 1/28/2009 at 11:06 AM | 33488
Awesome...can't wait to see it

kweandee Wednesday 1/28/2009 at 11:37 AM | 33490
GODDDDDAMMMNN IT!!!!

WHOO HOOO. . .

ill be ordering 2 FOR SURE!!!
DEUSEXMACHINA222 Wednesday 1/28/2009 at 10:46 PM | 33541
gn me up for one if it is dead on accurate. whill you be ung different hair this time sam?

pamelavoorheesRIP Wednesday 1/28/2009 at 11:12 PM | 33546
Wow!

Now I can finally talk about it!

It's going to be the best, Period!

Sam WILL dominate the Myers world soon enough!

-Big D

DEVIOUS Wednesday 1/28/2009 at 11:34 PM | 33548
gn me up for one if it is dead on accurate. whill you be ung different hair this time sam?I'm going to try and match the hair that's on the screen used..
HorrorSanctum Wednesday 1/28/2009 at 11:35 PM | 33550
gn me up for one if it is dead on accurate. whill you be ung different hair this time sam?I'm going to try and match the hair that's on the screen used..

to quote both a genius and a madman. .

"PURE MURDER!!!"
DEUSEXMACHINA222 Thursday 1/29/2009 at 12:43 AM | 33555
This time next week will be the start of something great
quietonthesetstudios Thursday 1/29/2009 at 12:43 AM | 33556

Yes it will Scott Barker! Make sure to read Sam bed time stories before he goes to sleep! He's almost 50! Go easy on the drinking with him..................... Go to Trader Joe's and buy your Fat Tire beer!

-Big D
DEVIOUS Thursday 1/29/2009 at 02:54 AM | 33575

Yes it will Scott Barker! Make sure to read Sam bed time stories before he goes to sleep! He's almost 50! Go easy on the drinking with him..................... Go to Trader Joe's and buy your Fat Tire beer!

-Big D Right on man. We got a bev mo in our area and also a traders down the road too. We might be drinking from growlers from my favorite breweries in the area. I usually pick up a few gallons after dinner and a few pitchers when we head over to them and they have excellent beer for sure.
quietonthesetstudios Thursday 1/29/2009 at 03:07 AM | 33576
I work for Trader Joe's now for 15 years! Yes I am a manager............ I wish I could be there with you guys cause I could get us a discount on ALL our beer & food!

-Big D
DEVIOUS Thursday 1/29/2009 at 03:23 AM | 33577
I so want in on this project. Sam does your best friend in the entire world get a free mask?

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 1/29/2009 at 05:53 AM | 33592
I so want in on this project. Sam does your best friend in the entire world get a free mask?HAHAHHAHHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHA
HorrorSanctum Thursday 1/29/2009 at 07:02 AM | 33593
I so want in on this project. Sam does your best friend in the entire world get a free mask?HAHAHHAHHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHA

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 1/29/2009 at 07:42 AM | 33595

BWAAAA HAHAHHAHAHAAAHAHHAHAHHAHA sniff...

HAHAHHAHAHHAHHA

HAAAA sorry....I can't stop....HAHAHHAHAHAA
HorrorSanctum Thursday 1/29/2009 at 04:35 PM | 33634
OOOOHHHHH please Sam make one big enough to fit my Easter Island head!!!

deathrisingup Thursday 1/29/2009 at 04:59 PM | 33641

Death. . i assure you. . Sam knows how to take care of ALL of his customers. .

Big heads especially. .
DEUSEXMACHINA222 Thursday 1/29/2009 at 06:29 PM | 33650
Great Idea
Matthew Mayhem Thursday 1/29/2009 at 08:04 PM | 33657
Awesome news! I can't wait to see the finished project!
strangerathome Thursday 1/29/2009 at 08:16 PM | 33661
Go kill Sam!

zephro Thursday 1/29/2009 at 09:33 PM | 33669

It'll fit an Easter Island Moai but it might be a tight squeeze on Justin

lblambert Friday 1/30/2009 at 12:39 AM | 33692
i knew about this months ago! i can break the lence woo hoo!

cant wait to see how this turns out, too bad my broke ass wont be able to buy one, mt hours at work just got slashed and ill barely be able to make ends meet as is
Johnny Bisco Friday 1/30/2009 at 10:21 AM | 33754
Maybe there will be a raffle for one of these. Doubt it though, nce this will be a major release.
SithLord Saturday 1/31/2009 at 03:20 AM | 33837
After today, 5 more days to go, before this will all start to come together. We need a HSS countdown clock.

SithLord Saturday 1/31/2009 at 03:25 AM | 33840
Maybe there will be a raffle for one of these. Doubt it though, nce this will be a major release.

With it being a Major mask that everyone wants, that would mean more Ticket Selling. With a mask that bad ass, Sam could make 2 or 3 times what the actual sale cost would be with all of us getting tickets...

--Ryan

Harry Warden Saturday 1/31/2009 at 06:19 PM | 33890
Almost here everyone. Two days till the sculpt begins.
quietonthesetstudios Tuesday 2/03/2009 at 12:20 AM | 34136
Cannot wait Scott!! Remember the private message you sent me about this project correct?

-Big D
DEVIOUS Tuesday 2/03/2009 at 12:28 AM | 34138
Any pics of Sam sculpting? That would be awesome...You dont have to show us the all of the sculpt maybe something in soft focus...hehe
Matthew Mayhem Tuesday 2/03/2009 at 12:44 AM | 34139
I want to take a shit ton of pics of the sculpt in the process. I will let Sam have the final word on what gets shown and so forth on the project. I also want to set up a tri pod and film the project from start to finish. This project is gonna be sweet for sure.
quietonthesetstudios Tuesday 2/03/2009 at 12:58 AM | 34140
I want to take a shit ton of pics of the sculpt in the process. I will let Sam have the final word on what gets shown and so forth on the project. I also want to set up a tri pod and film the project from start to finish. This project is gonna be sweet for sure.

I do tend to sculpt in the nude....
HorrorSanctum Tuesday 2/03/2009 at 03:44 AM | 34160

So let me get this streight... You play with slipery wet clay with tools in your hands while you are in the nude While Scott films you... AND yet I am a nut for having had Casey's Keychains hanging off my tits... I think Scott is getting Desperate... Must not be any new "Young" skin...--Ryan

Harry Warden Tuesday 2/03/2009 at 04:13 AM | 34163

kaizu Tuesday 2/03/2009 at 09:38 AM | 34181
Ryan there's no shortage of new flesh in these parts
quietonthesetstudios Tuesday 2/03/2009 at 01:13 PM | 34198

So let me get this streight... You play with slipery wet clay with tools in your hands while you are in the nude While Scott films you... AND yet I am a nut for having had Casey's Keychains hanging off my tits... I think Scott is getting Desperate... Must not be any new "Young" skin...--Ryan Correct Ryan....you are a nut...for being a guy with tits...
HorrorSanctum Tuesday 2/03/2009 at 02:52 PM | 34203
ehhh, tits, nipples, boobs, pecks, jugs, tittys, boobies, breasts, bust, melons, hooters, bouncers, barrals... Pretty much the same thing on a dude as a woman, but a dude's arn't round and they don't stick out... tits or pecks... either way, the same differance... All honesty Sam, I really can't wait to see this H4!!! I've been wondering for a LONG time if there was ever going to be one that actually had the right look. In the movie, when Michael has Brady by the neck and Brady spits blood on his coveralls, there's just something about that mask that makes him look so fearless and so powerful... Almost as if he could pick up a house and think nothing of it... It's a very intimidating Myers mask, IMO...

I've noticed that there isn't one out there that has the proper gap between the nose and the mouth... I've seen few copies that actually come a little close to the screen, but WHAT IS IT WITH THE H4 THAT MAKES IT SO HARD TO DO???

Thats really the only Myers mask out there that has yet to be rendered acurately...

hmmm... Don't get me wrong, because there are some pretty decent ones and there's some that does look good, but I am speaking on the lines of be worthy of "Screen Used" look...

--Ryan

Harry Warden Tuesday 2/03/2009 at 04:32 PM | 34214
ehhh, tits, nipples, boobs, pecks, jugs, tittys, boobies, breasts, bust, melons, hooters, bouncers, barrals... Pretty much the same thing on a dude as a woman, but a dude's arn't round and they don't stick out... tits or pecks... either way, the same differance... All honesty Sam, I really can't wait to see this H4!!! I've been wondering for a LONG time if there was ever going to be one that actually had the right look. In the movie, when Michael has Brady by the neck and Brady spits blood on his coveralls, there's just something about that mask that makes him look so fearless and so powerful... Almost as if he could pick up a house and think nothing of it... It's a very intimidating Myers mask, IMO...

I've noticed that there isn't one out there that has the proper gap between the nose and the mouth... I've seen few copies that actually come a little close to the screen, but WHAT IS IT WITH THE H4 THAT MAKES IT SO HARD TO DO???

Thats really the only Myers mask out there that has yet to be rendered acurately...

hmmm... Don't get me wrong, because there are some pretty decent ones and there's some that does look good, but I am speaking on the lines of be worthy of "Screen Used" look...

--RyanUmmm...look up tits on the net....and see how many guys pics come up....get out more Ryan,
HorrorSanctum Tuesday 2/03/2009 at 05:46 PM | 34231
hmmm... Well lets just sopose I used the term "Pecks" in the very beginning. How does doing so with the keychains make me more a nut than you if you are sculpting with wet clay in the nude while Scott films you??? --Ryan

Harry Warden Tuesday 2/03/2009 at 08:49 PM | 34236
hmmm... Well lets just sopose I used the term "Pecks" in the very beginning. How does doing so with the keychains make me more a nut than you if you are sculpting with wet clay in the nude while Scott films you??? --RyanUHHH the big difference is I was kidding....
HorrorSanctum Tuesday 2/03/2009 at 09:39 PM | 34244
Ole' Sammy Boy is going to be flying like a Bird!!!

SithLord Tuesday 2/03/2009 at 11:57 PM | 34296
OHH BOY!

DEUSEXMACHINA222 Wednesday 2/04/2009 at 12:39 AM | 34306
I really hate airlines....airports....uhg
HorrorSanctum Wednesday 2/04/2009 at 01:43 AM | 34340

Sam,

I heard that people have to get naked now while at the Airport! So, you sculpt naked, fly naked..............

Have fun!

-Big D
DEVIOUS Wednesday 2/04/2009 at 03:17 AM | 34381
Sam in the nude?

Wet clay?

GROSS!

-Big D

DEVIOUS Wednesday 2/04/2009 at 03:24 AM | 34383
hmmm... Well lets just sopose I used the term "Pecks" in the very beginning. How does doing so with the keychains make me more a nut than you if you are sculpting with wet clay in the nude while Scott films you??? --RyanUHHH the big difference is I was kidding....

You don't actually think I hung the keychains from nipples because I liked the idea do you???When it comes down to winning a prize, I am all in for the fun regaurdless how bad it makes me look... LOL... I can see now you'll never let me live that one down! You definatly got me worked up over this H4! I can't tell you how much I would love to beat Lee to it and get the #1 copy. lol... It's all good... I just hope they arnt a Limited Run... Also, should you dede to raffle one off... I am In on it!!! Can't wait to see the turn out bro! --Ryan

Harry Warden Wednesday 2/04/2009 at 03:50 AM | 34385

Sam,

I heard that people have to get naked now while at the Airport! So, you sculpt naked, fly naked..............

Have fun!

-Big D
misfit Wednesday 2/04/2009 at 10:27 AM | 34414
Good luck, Sam! Enjoy the travel! And bring us some great pics!
LÜCKMANN Wednesday 2/04/2009 at 10:32 AM | 34415
-----------------------------------UPDATE------------------------------

Yesterday Mike, Paul and myself picked up Sam from the airport and headed over to Paul's place so Sam could finally meet the h4 mask and relax for the night. We got wasted and went to El Torito for dinner where margaritas and tequila shots were abundant then we headed back to Paul's and sat down to watch some H4 and a terrible (z) movie called Las Vegas blood bath before I finally got too drunk and started to slur my speech and talk about some crazy shit .

The sculpt has begun and Sam started packing clay onto the armature and has been roughing in the overall shape of the mask today in between runs to pick up some needed tools to sculpt with. Details of the H4 mask have been taking shape on the sculpt and things are starting to come together. We will continue to update everyone as the project takes shape.
quietonthesetstudios Thursday 2/05/2009 at 09:52 PM | 34610
-----------------------------------UPDATE------------------------------

Yesterday Mike, Paul and myself picked up Sam from the airport and headed over to Paul's place so Sam could finally meet the h4 mask and relax for the night. We got wasted and went to El Torito for dinner where margaritas and tequila shots were abundant then we headed back to Paul's and sat down to watch some H4 and a terrible (z) movie called Las Vegas blood bath before I finally got too drunk and started to slur my speech and talk about some crazy shit .

The sculpt has begun and Sam started packing clay onto the armature and has been roughing in the overall shape of the mask today in between runs to pick up some needed tools to sculpt with. Details of the H4 mask have been taking shape on the sculpt and things are starting to come together. We will continue to update everyone as the project takes shape.

Sounds great guys! You all were

last night, thats for sure! HAHAHAHAHAH!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 2/05/2009 at 09:54 PM | 34611
We had some great discusons last night.

Very very good night for brainstorming!

Paul, Sam and Myself discussed the H4 mask and life...

While Scott kept bringing up SheMales....

This mask is going to be the mask to buy for an H4.
Evildsm Thursday 2/05/2009 at 11:18 PM | 34617

LOL! Sounds like a good time you guys. Just be careful around all those latex fumes!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 2/05/2009 at 11:20 PM | 34618

LOL! Sounds like a good time you guys. Just be careful around all those latex fumes!You guys must be having a blast...you know you guys are sleeping and drinking with greatness...lol
Matthew Mayhem Friday 2/06/2009 at 12:37 AM | 34636
Last night before Sam finished for the day the sculpt has taken on a really great likeness and the likeness should keep on getting better and he is hoping that by the end of today he will have it almost nailed 100% if everything goes really well that is. We have a ton of rain and its pretty cold but the beer should keep itself cool just being in the garage.
quietonthesetstudios Friday 2/06/2009 at 03:36 PM | 34717
ill take the cold you have over the cold i have here anyday of the weekhave a few brews for me guys!

Johnny Bisco Friday 2/06/2009 at 05:24 PM | 34721
ill take the cold you have over the cold i have here anyday of the week

I'd trade with either of you

lblambert Friday 2/06/2009 at 07:52 PM | 34732
This sculpt is turning out great guys! Everything is coming together now. Sculpt should be done by Sunday night and molding should happen after that.
quietonthesetstudios Friday 2/06/2009 at 09:38 PM | 34741
This is awesome! Can't wait to see pictures!
strangerathome Friday 2/06/2009 at 11:07 PM | 34752
The END ALL H4 is coming.....................

-Big D
DEVIOUS Saturday 2/07/2009 at 05:18 AM | 34791
The H4 sculpt is finished at just under 14 hours. Every detail of the screen used H4 has been reproduced. A big thanks goes to Crofader for allowing me to have the H4 mask in person for the past 4 days. Crofader has never been happy with any H4 attempt up to this point and we are all blown away at how the sculpt came out. No pics of the sculpt will be posted at this point. I may have Justin Photoshop it to make it white and put hair on it and then I may post it. IF not...everyone will have to wait until the proto is finished.

and now...SCOTT IS GETTING ME DRUNK AGAIN!!!
HorrorSanctum Sunday 2/08/2009 at 01:16 AM | 34866
LOL. WOOOOO HOOOOOO. let's all get drunk.
SithLord Sunday 2/08/2009 at 01:25 AM | 34867
In all honesty when Paul and I decided we wanted to have an H4 mask done we called around to see how many of our friends would like an H4 mask and when we got a good response a call went in to McCain and he was interested in the project. From that point on we couldn't wait to get him out to California to sculpt the H4 replica mask next to the real deal so we bought a plane ticket to make it all a reality. tting here with Sam just staring at the finished mask is really a cool feeling. I feel like a little kid on Christmas waiting to see one all painted up and in a case. This is the best replica H4 mask hands down and everyone who has seen it has been blown away.
quietonthesetstudios Sunday 2/08/2009 at 02:00 AM | 34868
I've seen pics of the finished sculpt and it is truly amazing...you guys are going to be blown away once Sam decides to post it.
lblambert Sunday 2/08/2009 at 02:52 AM | 34876
Booman and have seen it . . .OH YES THIS WILL BE HUGE (that's what she said

)
DaShape Sunday 2/08/2009 at 03:25 AM | 34880
photoshopping as we speak This will be the H4 mask, no doubt about it!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 2/08/2009 at 03:26 AM | 34881
to hell with the mask what kind of beer are you drinking?
Johnny Bisco Sunday 2/08/2009 at 03:32 AM | 34882
Rumor has it that there will be a speacial "Scott" veron of the mask.

Its said to be very very SHEMALE.

LOL
Evildsm Sunday 2/08/2009 at 03:40 AM | 34883
Rumor has it that there will be a speacial "Scott" veron of the mask.

Its said to be very very SHEMALE.

LOL

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 2/08/2009 at 03:43 AM | 34884
Hey do you guys know if Sam plans on this being offered as a limited run or will it be available pretty much to whoever orders one. thanks!-and I cant wait to see the results!!!!
ny ghoul Sunday 2/08/2009 at 03:58 AM | 34885
Hey do you guys know if Sam plans on this being offered as a limited run or will it be available pretty much to whoever orders one. thanks!-and I cant wait to see the results!!!!

thats a great question Ghoul, I think these will be available much like the Devious but I could be wrong....
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 2/08/2009 at 04:12 AM | 34889
UPDATE FROM CALIFORNIA!

Sam has scrapped the mold.

He didn't like how it turned out.

So, we are back to square one.... Sorry guys.
Evildsm Sunday 2/08/2009 at 04:23 AM | 34892
I'm looking forward to this one.

I've been looking for an accurate H4 for a while.
Snoballz Sunday 2/08/2009 at 04:48 AM | 34894
OK guys this mask will not be limited. There will be two verons. One with the neck extenon and one without. We have toyed with the idea about doing two different types of hair as well but the thing is one style is 3 times more involved and will be a more expenve option.
quietonthesetstudios Sunday 2/08/2009 at 05:08 AM | 34895
looking forward to this, cant wait to see picsseth
halloween killer Sunday 2/08/2009 at 05:22 AM | 34897
We decided to give everyone a sneak peak at the completed sculpt 14 hours in. We will mold this in the morning. The neck extenon will be made available as a separate piece or you can order it on the mask. Sam is kicking around the idea of making a special edition HSS H4 to look like Paul's screen used mask and will be worn and rotted in appearance.

quietonthesetstudios Sunday 2/08/2009 at 05:28 AM | 34898

looks awesome, great job samseth
halloween killer Sunday 2/08/2009 at 05:30 AM | 34899
Man that is spot on...it looks absolutely perfect!! Great job!!
lblambert Sunday 2/08/2009 at 05:32 AM | 34900
One thing we wanted to point out is we couldn't match the angle of the two masks because Paul's mask is tting looking up slightly and the sculpt is on an armature on top of a rotating sculpting tool so we could get them to both look (UP) in the photo.
quietonthesetstudios Sunday 2/08/2009 at 05:34 AM | 34901
OMG
kaizu Sunday 2/08/2009 at 05:44 AM | 34902
Glad you guys posted some pics, it really shows the sculpt off well tting so close the the screen used. Bisco just put a ton of shots from the movie up in the screen cap section of the te. It's HalloweeN 4 fever!!!!

viewtopic.php?f=133&t=3761
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 2/08/2009 at 05:54 AM | 34903
sausagecake Sunday 2/08/2009 at 06:02 AM | 34905
WAHOOOOoooooOOOOOooooooOOOOooo!
ny ghoul Sunday 2/08/2009 at 06:26 AM | 34907
Thanks for the info and updates guys.....this is awesome!

ny ghoul Sunday 2/08/2009 at 06:28 AM | 34908
DAMN!!!!!!!!!! SOMEBODY PHOTOSHOP THIS SUCKER!!!!!!!!!! NICE JOB SAM LOOKS FANTASTIC!!! --Ryan

Harry Warden Sunday 2/08/2009 at 06:42 AM | 34909
That's it, and it's not to KIRKY, either. By that I mean, all the other H4's out there have that Kirk feeling to it. Not suppose to. Even though, the mask in H4 was most likely a recasted Kirk, it still didn't have that look, as in H1 or H2. It had it's own unique look, and this is it.

Congrats to Sam QOTS, and all others that made this project posble.

SithLord Sunday 2/08/2009 at 08:20 AM | 34910
This looks quite amazing guy's very well done job here up til now

I can visualize how this is going to look when it has hair and everything else is finished. Again fantastic work everyone and i'm so looking forward to seeing one finished

Darren.
ToNy MoRaN FaN Sunday 2/08/2009 at 09:13 AM | 34914
i think the proverbial nail has been hit on the head

Johnny Bisco Sunday 2/08/2009 at 11:48 AM | 34918
Wow looks great...can't wait to see it finished

kweandee Sunday 2/08/2009 at 01:07 PM | 34919
Poo I thought I was done buying H4's...Damn you Sam!
DrenTheLiar Sunday 2/08/2009 at 01:40 PM | 34922
That's it, and it's not to KIRKY, either. By that I mean, all the other H4's out there have that Kirk feeling to it. Not suppose to. Even though, the mask in H4 was most likely a recasted Kirk, it still didn't have that look, as in H1 or H2. It had it's own unique look, and this is it.

Congrats to Sam QOTS, and all others that made this project posble.

Actually bro, it wasnt until a few months ago when I learned that the actual mask that was used in HalloweeN 4, was in fact the Very first run on Don Post "The Mask"... That mask was retooled 3 times nce it was released. The very first sculpt that Don Post released, was the same one they used in H4... I have a copy of the second sculpt they did and now what we have today is the 3rd sculpt... To be more specific on the mask that was used -- "1985 Don Post "The Mask"...

This information is compliments of Sam McCain...

--Ryan

Harry Warden Sunday 2/08/2009 at 07:27 PM | 34949
Here is a good de by de picture courtesy of Crofader.

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 2/08/2009 at 07:30 PM | 34951
Yeah, and it's also known that THE MASK was made from a lifecast of DP Jr. himself.
SithLord Sunday 2/08/2009 at 08:27 PM | 34954
its got the look. any idea one when the finished piece will be done?

pamelavoorheesRIP Sunday 2/08/2009 at 08:45 PM | 34956
Yeah, and it's also known that THE MASK was made from a lifecast of DP Jr. himself. What's the secret behind the Kirk mask or Kirkish mask that appears in the school scene??
kaizu Sunday 2/08/2009 at 08:51 PM | 34957
looks good but the screencaps dont have the droopy mouth? is that because the original is in such bad shape or what?
customcritters Sunday 2/08/2009 at 08:56 PM | 34958
looks good but the screencaps dont have the droopy mouth? is that because the original is in such bad shape or what?

I am assuming the droopy mouth was always there however when George Wilbur put the mask on it corrected that. The mask is so small and tight that really Wilbur's face distorted it more than even the original H1 mask. We did a Behind the Mask interview with George and I remember him saying how much he HATED wearing the H4 mask because it was so skin tight. Not sure if that explains your question or not but that is what I am assuming....
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 2/08/2009 at 09:13 PM | 34960

I am assuming the droopy mouth was always there however when George Wilbur put the mask on it corrected that. The mask is so small and tight that really Wilbur's face distorted it more than even the original H1 mask. We did a Behind the Mask interview with George and I remember him saying how much he HATED wearing the H4 mask because it was so skin tight. Not sure if that explains your question or not but that is what I am assuming....

I think you're right on there J.

When I talked to Sam last night he mentioned that Paul's screen-used mask is paper thin. George isn't a small man by any means so his head definitely would have distorted the small, thin mask and changed the look quite a bit.

Sam's intention was to do this H4 replica as a replica of the unworn mask, not how it looked on George...much the same as his Shape 08 was intended to be a replica of the H1 unworn instead of how it looked on Castle.
lblambert Sunday 2/08/2009 at 09:22 PM | 34961

When I talked to Sam last night he mentioned that Paul's screen-used mask is paper thin. George isn't a small man by any means so his head definitely would have distorted the small, thin mask and changed the look quite a bit.

Sam's intention was to do this H4 replica as a replica of the unworn mask, not how it looked on George...much the same as his Shape 08 was intended to be a replica of the H1 unworn instead of how it looked on Castle.

Right on Lee, it would be really tough to do the exact look of the mask like it is when Wilbur is wearing it much the same as it is when Nick Castle is wearing it. It may look good on a mask stand but once you put the thing on it distorts it to the persons face. That explains the H4 neck extenon as well because the mask was so thin and so tight that Wilbur could barley keep his chin in the right place thus the neck kept creeping up on him.

It's a very tough mask to capture because of all these reasons and I have to say much like Sam's Shape '08 he nailed the look he was going for. There will always be "what if" people but if you want a dead on accurate veron of the H4 mask this is going to be it. If Paul (Crofader) the owner of the actual H4 masks says its dead on, there is no argument left in my book....
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 2/08/2009 at 09:50 PM | 34964

When I talked to Sam last night he mentioned that Paul's screen-used mask is paper thin. George isn't a small man by any means so his head definitely would have distorted the small, thin mask and changed the look quite a bit.Sam's intention was to do this H4 replica as a replica of the unworn mask, not how it looked on George...much the same as his Shape 08 was intended to be a replica of the H1 unworn instead of how it looked on Castle.

Right on Lee, it would be really tough to do the exact look of the mask like it is when Wilbur is wearing it much the same as it is when Nick Castle is wearing it. It may look good on a mask stand but once you put the thing on it distorts it to the persons face. That explains the H4 neck extenon as well because the mask was so thin and so tight that Wilbur could barley keep his chin in the right place thus the neck kept creeping up on him.

It's a very tough mask to capture because of all these reasons and I have to say much like Sam's Shape '08 he nailed the look he was going for. There will always be "what if" people but if you want a dead on accurate veron of the H4 mask this is going to be it. If Paul (Crofader) the owner of the actual H4 masks says its dead on, there is no argument left in my book....

Justin and I talked about this last night, seems Sam is going for the "unworn" look.

There is a pic out there of Wilbur holding the original H4 next to his head and you can see how the mask couldn't posbly fit him without being stretched long ways.

When worn, the mouth seemed to straighten out and the forehead and chin look really tight and stretched . . anybody got that pic laying around???
DaShape Sunday 2/08/2009 at 09:54 PM | 34966
Yeah, and it's also known that THE MASK was made from a lifecast of DP Jr. himself. What's the secret behind the Kirk mask or Kirkish mask that appears in the school scene??

That scene was shot before any other scenes of him in the movie, and at that point, the makers didn't know the mask was suppose to be white, if you can believe that. That's also why, in the scene where he grabs the mask in the drug store, you'll notice that the eyes weren't cut out yet, either.So it went from, not knowing the mask was suppose to be white to, not cutting the eyes out like they should have, and the deburns weren't removed, either. With all that said, H4 is my 2nd favorite in the series. IMO, it had more of a HalloweeN feeling to it, then even the original.
SithLord Sunday 2/08/2009 at 09:58 PM | 34967
Joel not exactly sure what pic your talking about but this one below I think shows off how distorted the mask truly is. You can see how the mask has this almost "V" like stretch when Wilbur has it on....

the mask is extremely tight from top to bottom but the des are a bit roomy, which means when Wilbur put the mask on his chin was way below where the actual chin on the mask was. So the whole mask gets distorted. The eyes look bigger, the forehead looks longer, the whole mask looks stretched....
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 2/08/2009 at 10:01 PM | 34969
Joel not exactly sure what pic your talking about but this one below I think shows off how distorted the mask truly is. You can see how the mask has this almost "V" like stretch when Wilbur has it on....

the mask is extremely tight from top to bottom but the des are a bit roomy, which means when Wilbur put the mask on his chin was way below where the actual chin on the mask was. So the whole mask gets distorted. The eyes look bigger, the forehead looks longer, the whole mask looks stretched....

The pic where Wilbur is holding the mask next to his head (not a film shot, a behind the scenes pic)
DaShape Sunday 2/08/2009 at 10:04 PM | 34970

The pic where Wilbur is holding the mask next to his head (not a film shot, a behind the scenes pic)

ahhhh, this would be the one!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 2/08/2009 at 10:05 PM | 34971
That also maybe a photo of the mask, before the eyes were cut out.
SithLord Sunday 2/08/2009 at 10:08 PM | 34972
here are a couple putting Crofader's original weathering on Sam's sculpt in photoshop....

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 2/08/2009 at 10:23 PM | 34973
OH BOY!!!!
SithLord Sunday 2/08/2009 at 10:29 PM | 34975
OH BOY!!!!

here's an even better look at just how close it is....

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 2/08/2009 at 10:31 PM | 34976
That last photoshop pic looks cool. The mask has been stretched to all hell during the filming. Nothing was missed on the sculpt and holding the screen used one next to the sculpt for days on end you can rest assured that when the mask is molded and the ze is perfect if you put your head into the mask it will also stretch it to all hell and the right look will be achieved.

Another thing in the pics we posted is the screen used mask is on a head that is too short to support the mask and has caused the neck to bend upwards in the front and the des under the ears have caved in while in this potion for so many years after filming.

There are a ton of rumors of who made the H4 mask and if it was a kirk or don post mask. Its safe to say it isn't a don post mask and isnt a kirk as well. Nothing matches up. We have a life cast of kirk here and its light years off in comparison.
quietonthesetstudios Sunday 2/08/2009 at 10:43 PM | 34978
I think it has to be one or the other. Unless there was some1 on board who sculpted the mask, and hasn't been discovered by anyone else, in the last 20 years. Maybe it was a defect mask.
SithLord Sunday 2/08/2009 at 10:51 PM | 34979
We also forgot to mention that the sculpture is 3-4 times bigger than the hero so Sam can offer it in more then ze tiny. We also think the reason that the masks left de of the mask turns up in the pshop pic is because of the different angle of the two masks and the way we were forced to take the picture while working.
quietonthesetstudios Sunday 2/08/2009 at 10:54 PM | 34980
Scott, do you think that you'll have anymore pics tonight?
SithLord Sunday 2/08/2009 at 10:56 PM | 34981
PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the other H4 masks suck in my opinion!!

And, they fit a 150lb little boy!

Sam - You rule!!

-Big D
DEVIOUS Sunday 2/08/2009 at 11:14 PM | 34983
here are a couple putting Crofader's original weathering on Sam's sculpt in photoshop....

HOLY TESTICAL TUESDAY

Never in all my life have I seen something so fucking accurate... That is Scary... --Ryan

Harry Warden Sunday 2/08/2009 at 11:57 PM | 34987
Best H4 ever...This would bhe even cooler with a stamped g of wilbur or a COA
Matthew Mayhem Monday 2/09/2009 at 12:15 AM | 34991
Great job guys, can't wait to get mine.

Chris
zephro Monday 2/09/2009 at 05:33 AM | 35018
Great job on this Sam! Can't wait to see the finished mask!
CartyParty Monday 2/09/2009 at 07:11 AM | 35030
Hey guys. We molded the mask today and it turned out perfect.

-The veron of the mask without the neck extenon will be $250 plus actual shipping and shipping will be roughly 12.00 dollars inde the US.

-Once back at home Sam will sculpt the neck extenon and will get a price together for the veron 2 for everyone so hang tight in the meantime.

-The veron three will be limited and the price will be announced next week after the prototypes of the three verons are finished.

To order contact Sam at horrorsanctum.com

We would like to thank everyone for the kinds words about the project and stay tuned for the first peek at the finished masks next week.
quietonthesetstudios Monday 2/09/2009 at 08:53 AM | 35035
well spank my ass and call me charley. . Sam is going to break me. .
DEUSEXMACHINA222 Monday 2/09/2009 at 02:29 PM | 35049
This is just the tip of the iceberg guys. Sam has some things coming down the pipes that I just can't believe
quietonthesetstudios Monday 2/09/2009 at 04:05 PM | 35060
Just a whole lot of awesome!

Im gonna stop by before Sam leaves and see this beast again.
Evildsm Monday 2/09/2009 at 08:20 PM | 35078
This is just the tip of the iceberg guys. Sam has some things coming down the pipes that I just can't believe

Isn't that the truth!!
lblambert Monday 2/09/2009 at 08:25 PM | 35079
This is such a cool project and I'm super impressed with how it has turned out. Good job to all involved!
TxSteveTodd Monday 2/09/2009 at 09:32 PM | 35093
This one is for Scott, Sam and the Crowfader

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkflBNkDHOE

Evildsm Tuesday 2/10/2009 at 12:02 AM | 35104
This one too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5aOLG4TKaA

Evildsm Tuesday 2/10/2009 at 12:07 AM | 35105
so whats up ? when should a proto be revealed?
DEUSEXMACHINA222 Friday 2/13/2009 at 03:21 AM | 35540
Soon
HorrorSanctum Friday 2/13/2009 at 03:50 AM | 35543
excellent.
quietonthesetstudios Friday 2/13/2009 at 03:52 AM | 35544
Sam-

What hair color, type will be on the 250.00 veron?

-Big D

DEVIOUS Sunday 2/15/2009 at 04:02 AM | 35931
Sam-

What hair color, type will be on the 250.00 veron?

-Big D

Brown camel...to match what you see on the screen
HorrorSanctum Sunday 2/15/2009 at 04:13 PM | 35961
I wanted to thank everyone for their interest in this project. To those of you who pre-ordered you won't be sorry. I just pulled the first copy out of the master mold. Came out perfectly. A proto will happen this week, I may or may not have the neck extenon ready by then. Either way a pic of it will be posted.
HorrorSanctum Sunday 2/15/2009 at 04:24 PM | 35962
DEUSEXMACHINA222 Sunday 2/15/2009 at 08:04 PM | 35972
sounds great Sam we are all waiting for this thing with bated breath!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 2/15/2009 at 08:17 PM | 35975
I stole your gnature Sam. .

this project is awesome!
DEUSEXMACHINA222 Sunday 2/15/2009 at 09:51 PM | 35980
Thank you!

-Big D
DEVIOUS Sunday 2/15/2009 at 10:20 PM | 35981
-D
DEVIOUS Monday 2/16/2009 at 04:16 AM | 35982
looks great Sam, I see your working on my copy first!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 2/16/2009 at 04:47 AM | 36033
looks great Sam, I see your working on my copy first!Yes.... That's the BIG GIANT HEAD edition
HorrorSanctum Monday 2/16/2009 at 05:00 AM | 36034
I really want to see that sucker painted up!! Even the blank looks great though!
CartyParty Monday 2/16/2009 at 05:40 AM | 36037
Looks great, can't wait to see it finished.
gummi Monday 2/16/2009 at 05:46 AM | 36038

paint is coming soon....right now it's so big Justin could wear it no problem... I'm molding it down tomorrow...then THAT copy may be painted....stand by...

I tend to do this....................... a lot don't I........................
HorrorSanctum Monday 2/16/2009 at 06:04 AM | 36042
Shes a beaut! Nice and crisp pull Sam. I can't wait for my tiny thin pull with the neck extenon. I have an idea what Sam is gonna paint this like and as always he will destroy those vions of mine with something better...lol. You should get to work on the neck extenon because as soon as the painted proto is up your gonna get swamped with orders man. I have been awaiting a worth while H4 mask for years and now it is finally here and I got to see it come to life before my very eyes. Oh by the way I told oggis that that pizza we had sucks and to give me two free pitchers....
quietonthesetstudios Monday 2/16/2009 at 01:49 PM | 36065
Shes a beaut! Nice and crisp pull Sam. I can't wait for my tiny thin pull with the neck extenon. I have an idea what Sam is gonna paint this like and as always he will destroy those vions of mine with something better...lol. You should get to work on the neck extenon because as soon as the painted proto is up your gonna get swamped with orders man. I have been awaiting a worth while H4 mask for years and now it is finally here and I got to see it come to life before my very eyes. Oh by the way I told oggis that that pizza we had sucks and to give me two free pitchers....

DAMMIT MAN!!! That pizza was the shit....well the first time it was...and YOU get the free beer....send me a pizza man!!
HorrorSanctum Monday 2/16/2009 at 01:58 PM | 36067

paint is coming soon....right now it's so big Justin could wear it no problem... I'm molding it down tomorrow...then THAT copy may be painted....stand by...

I tend to do this....................... a lot don't I........................

Ellipseseseses. . . . . ROCK!!WOW!

i am impressed with how this is turning out. . . Justin needs to add a "THE H4" emoticon when the proto is finished!!!
DEUSEXMACHINA222 Monday 2/16/2009 at 08:14 PM | 36096
Sweet. Very nice looking.
Matthew Mayhem Monday 2/16/2009 at 09:30 PM | 36102
Looking great sam!

I cannot wait to get my copy.

This mask will destroy families and wildlife.

You guys went to Oggis? Damn!

I missed out.

I had them once before but it was a gut bomb. LOL

B.J's has my heart though. LOL
Evildsm Monday 2/16/2009 at 10:05 PM | 36111
looks the shit. now paint that thing up.
pamelavoorheesRIP Monday 2/16/2009 at 10:52 PM | 36120
kaizu Monday 2/16/2009 at 10:55 PM | 36121
Sam, are you mply going to just call this mask the "THE h4" ?

DEUSEXMACHINA222 Monday 2/16/2009 at 11:24 PM | 36129
Oh I don't know........I was thinking the Screen Used Hero HSSKHDWHAGAEIOU H4 but that may be taken. I may just call it the Kirk nce some people can't accept that it isn't a kirk...
HorrorSanctum Tuesday 2/17/2009 at 12:02 AM | 36132
Oh I don't know........I was thinking the Screen Used Hero HSSKHDWHAGAEIOU H4 but that may be taken. I may just call it the Kirk nce some people can't accept that it isn't a kirk...

Man there are so many slams in there it isn't even funny! Personally I think H4 sums it up!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 2/17/2009 at 12:03 AM | 36134
Ok now that I got that off of my chest.....

The standard veron will be the HSS ULTIMATEONLYACCURATE H4.

The H4 Crofader Edition.....will be called the H4 Crofader Edition.... I think that covers it.
HorrorSanctum Tuesday 2/17/2009 at 12:06 AM | 36135
I think you should mply call it the family destroyer. After all Michael does have something against his family that drives him to destroy them all.
quietonthesetstudios Tuesday 2/17/2009 at 12:36 AM | 36141
Or mply, "The Return" veron. V.4
SithLord Tuesday 2/17/2009 at 12:45 AM | 36143

Man there are so many slams in there it isn't even funny! Personally I think H4 sums it up! i just got done looking at that thread and had a good laugh at all the "experts" there
Johnny Bisco Tuesday 2/17/2009 at 12:46 AM | 36144
haven't read it...don't care
HorrorSanctum Tuesday 2/17/2009 at 12:56 AM | 36147
SAM! I GOT THE NAME FOR YOU!

THE HSS - HOLY SHAT LETS us all chill, t back and enjoy the enigma. . i rather love the whole mystery thing. .
DEUSEXMACHINA222 Tuesday 2/17/2009 at 01:21 AM | 36154
SAM! I GOT THE NAME FOR YOU!

THE HSS - HOLY SHAT LETS us all chill, t back and enjoy the enigma. . i rather love the whole mystery thing. .

Hey Alex. Some dude is laughing at us over on that other board, because we don't think the mask is a Kirk.

You and I are stupid peeps.

SithLord Tuesday 2/17/2009 at 01:32 AM | 36156
H4 IS perfect!!!!!

Kids I tell you know it all.............

-Big D
DEVIOUS Tuesday 2/17/2009 at 03:28 AM | 36176
how about "The HORNEY KEN"

DEUSEXMACHINA222 Tuesday 2/17/2009 at 03:42 AM | 36177
McCain H4! Sam McCain Rare!....←well it's not rare yet,kinda sounded cool
kaizu Tuesday 2/17/2009 at 04:17 AM | 36178
McCain H4! Sam McCain Rare!....←well it's not rare yet,kinda sounded cool But obviously this is Sam's 4th Shape so Mcain H4 sounds cool enough
kaizu Tuesday 2/17/2009 at 04:20 AM | 36179
PROTO, PROTO, PROTOYPE please.................................

-Big D

DEVIOUS Wednesday 2/18/2009 at 02:36 AM | 36348
any idea when the proto pics will be up sam?
oldskool Wednesday 2/18/2009 at 07:49 AM | 36388