Forums Horror Collectibles
Remake Jason Custom Figure!!

I just did this tonight... the head isn't finished.. just slapped a quick paint job on him.

Once I make the mold tomorrow I will hair up the head a bit too.

But he's pretty much done.

I made him a sack head mask and a Hock.

Everything with this guy is custom, I had to make almost everything.He will be in my store within the next day as well.

Hope you guys enjoy it!

DarkArtist81 Monday 2/09/2009 at 05:38 AM | 35019
cue the new oh shit graphic!

ted bastard! That is just plain CK! Damnit man, I am just speechless here!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 2/09/2009 at 05:40 AM | 35020
Thank YOU for helping to light that fire under me on this one.

I was planning on it, but once you told me about the celebration here for the new movie... I knew it was time to get this bad boy done.

In the end, a LOT of time was spent to try and get it as close as I could.

The jacket took a long time, as did the head.

I'm not the best sculptor, but I think I got the right neck and head shape at least.

Now I just need to make the mold so I can put some hair on him and he is DONE.

DarkArtist81 Monday 2/09/2009 at 05:44 AM | 35021
Thank YOU for helping to light that fire under me on this one.

I was planning on it, but once you told me about the celebration here for the new movie... I knew it was time to get this bad boy done.

In the end, a LOT of time was spent to try and get it as close as I could.

The jacket took a long time, as did the head.

I'm not the best sculptor, but I think I got the right neck and head shape at least.

Now I just need to make the mold so I can put some hair on him and he is DONE.

I knew you would nail it but man!!!! I am stunned every time I see one of your figures Josh but maybe more so on this than any of the others. mply because everything is so custom. You even gave us our first glimpse of what J's face might look like! Just great work man!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 2/09/2009 at 05:46 AM | 35022
Thanks a lot bro...

The head was a challenge.

I saw a pic of the unmasked Mezco Jason figure and it looked pretty close to what I did.

Just a bit more toothy.

I went for a mix between part 3 and 4 for the head, and gave him that mega neck that I saw in the trailers.

I can't wait to add the hair again... I had it on there earlier but realized it had to come off for me to make the mold.

And the neck broke as well when I put it on the body, so I had to glue that on... Had me scared there for a minute.

But I will make the mold tomorrow, and will give you guys some better shots of the head and full figure.

The head came out nice, I can't wait to show that off properly.More shots soon!
DarkArtist81 Monday 2/09/2009 at 05:52 AM | 35023

WOW, This looks Great!!!!!!

There's something about custom work that factory stuff just can't touch.

DaShape Monday 2/09/2009 at 06:03 AM | 35025
Thanks a lot bro...

The head was a challenge.

I saw a pic of the unmasked Mezco Jason figure and it looked pretty close to what I did.

Just a bit more toothy.

I went for a mix between part 3 and 4 for the head, and gave him that mega neck that I saw in the trailers.

I can't wait to add the hair again... I had it on there earlier but realized it had to come off for me to make the mold.

And the neck broke as well when I put it on the body, so I had to glue that on... Had me scared there for a minute.

But I will make the mold tomorrow, and will give you guys some better shots of the head and full figure.

The head came out nice, I can't wait to show that off properly.More shots soon!

wow, I didn't even realize Mezco had an unmasked! Every detail is there man, just great work!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 2/09/2009 at 06:07 AM | 35026
Thanks guys!

I looked again at the Mezco and he had a milky white eye for his deformed de... so I will update that when I take the better shots.

Should be pretty cool...

DarkArtist81 Monday 2/09/2009 at 06:13 AM | 35027
Thanks guys!

I looked again at the Mezco and he had a milky white eye for his deformed de... so I will update that when I take the better shots.

Should be pretty cool...yeah now I did notice that on the figure, not a hard fix there, thats for sure!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 2/09/2009 at 06:31 AM | 35028
Excellent! This is just one kick ass figure. Like the details you put in this figure!

Klempo Monday 2/09/2009 at 10:28 AM | 35045
holy shit!

pamelavoorheesRIP Tuesday 2/10/2009 at 06:19 AM | 35165
WTF!Josh, everytime you post a new figure, my mouth go to the floor. You did a f'ing great job on it, till now. I'm sure when it was finished will be your masterpiece!

Santa, next x-mas I want a F13th custom figure from DarkArtist. Amem
LÜCKMANN Tuesday 2/10/2009 at 11:29 AM | 35186
I still can't get over this, looks amazing!!!!!!!

I want want dang it!!!!
DaShape Tuesday 2/10/2009 at 07:15 PM | 35251
It is a badass figure, I'm really happy to finally have it on the shelf!

And it will be added to my store in mere moments.

I took my Jason outde for some atmospheric shots today, hope you guys like it!Here are the first 8...

DarkArtist81 Tuesday 2/10/2009 at 07:50 PM | 35254
Second 8...

DarkArtist81 Tuesday 2/10/2009 at 07:52 PM | 35255
Boy, and if I didn't want this enough already LOL, these pics are crazy awesome!!!!

DaShape Tuesday 2/10/2009 at 08:00 PM | 35256
Thanks man... Jason belongs in the woods.. I had to do it.

And I just added him to my store.. http://www.horrorbid.com/auction_details.php?auction_id=111021
DarkArtist81 Tuesday 2/10/2009 at 08:36 PM | 35261
Tonight while working on headpaints I tried my hand at tweaking my Remake Jason mask with weathering powders, and thought I would show you guys that..as well as the face under the mask...

And the jackets I will make for future figures will be more accurate as well, now that I have seen the movie and know the pattern somewhat.

DarkArtist81 Tuesday 2/24/2009 at 03:06 AM | 37302
Yeah that figure is the shit man! You would swear it was lifezed looking at those new outde shots you posted.

Must be nice being able to take some outde shots!!! Nothing but snow in good ol' Michigan....
CartyParty Tuesday 2/24/2009 at 03:14 AM | 37304
Thanks man!

I still need to put the snaps on the bottom to make it a bit better of a mask.

I so wish the shape was closer to the film, but I'm really happy with it otherwise.

And taking shots outde was great, I live in the middle of nowhere... so there are lots of places to use as great backdrops.

I can't wait to get my Jason costume together to take some wicked shots out here..

DarkArtist81 Tuesday 2/24/2009 at 04:38 AM | 37309
Oh shit is right! That's just crazy!
DrenTheLiar Tuesday 2/24/2009 at 11:05 AM | 37322
That figure is just AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!
Michael Aspinwall Tuesday 2/24/2009 at 04:27 PM | 37356
Thanks guys!

I also just sent pics to Derek Mears, I hope he responds... would be cool to hear his thoughts on the figure.

And it would make my MONTH.

DarkArtist81 Tuesday 2/24/2009 at 04:51 PM | 37364
Just noticed this thread...AWESOME WORK

kaizu Tuesday 2/24/2009 at 05:09 PM | 37365
These are awesome!

I showed the pics to my friend and he thought it was a costume

chubacabra Tuesday 2/24/2009 at 11:28 PM | 37416
These are awesome!

I showed the pics to my friend and he thought it was a costumeRight on!

A couple of those pics could pass for screenshots.

Another great fig from DarkArtist!
Snoballz Tuesday 2/24/2009 at 11:48 PM | 37419
Thanks a lot guys!

I got an email from Derek, so approval from Jason himself.. really awesome of him to do that.

DarkArtist81 Wednesday 2/25/2009 at 05:44 AM | 37478
Thanks a lot guys!

I got an email from Derek, so approval from Jason himself.. really awesome of him to do that.

I don't see why you wouldnt get Dereks approval.

That figure just reeks of awesomeness!

It's like you kidnapped Derek Mears and and shrunk him with voodo black magic.

Keep up the excellent work!
Insomniac Wednesday 2/25/2009 at 01:38 PM | 37538