Forums Horror Collectibles
My first foray into making a Jason Voorhees

Been lurking and reading on this forum for a few months now and LOVE the stuff you guys do here. Recently I decided to try my hand at putting together a Jason Voorhees for myself. I started with a facecast of myself and sculpted my own hockey mask and used photo reference from the amazing folks at Fiberglassmasks.com to decide on the paint and look that I liked best... below are images of the initial clay sculpt...

A quick and cheap latex mold...

Pics of the finished Hockey mask cast in Eurethane Ren...

I used plastalina clay and sculpted my first full over the head mask of my favorite veron of Jason from Pt7. I used Justin Mabruys sculpt of this as a reference becaue I personaly feel his is the coolest rednering of this incarnation, so I want to credit him for inspiring me on mine...

Two part Ultracal mold...

painted latex casting...

nce I knew going in that I would be combining elements from several of my favorite incarnations of Jason I went with the fabric parts based on Freddy vs Jason. My friend Brian Buckley has been making vs jackets for a while now so I got one from him and weathered it myself. I found that I had to seal the torn parts with latex to help keep them rom fraying too much. I also used latex to get a charred and burned look for the blue undershirt as I wanted this to look fire damaged. So here are some pics taken of the finished costume...
drgnfyre Tuesday 2/10/2009 at 03:00 AM | 35127
Been lurking and reading on this forum for a few months now and LOVE the stuff you guys do here. Recently I decided to try my hand at putting together a Jason Voorhees for myself. I started with a facecast of myself and sculpted my own hockey mask and used photo reference from the amazing folks at Fiberglassmasks.com to decide on the paint and look that I liked best...

UHHHHH WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm really glad you posted this up.

Looks like you've had quit the mask making experience!

We need more people like you to post up their projects on here, it's a real inspiration especially when your work turns out freak'n Fantastic . . .your pics say it all.

Do you have any sculpting experience prior to this or was this your first virgin crack at it?

Either way you've done an amazing job and thanks for recording your process and sharing it with us!
DaShape Tuesday 2/10/2009 at 03:46 AM | 35141
That's an amazing sculpt!

Great costume.

What a way to make an entrance to a forum!
Snoballz Tuesday 2/10/2009 at 03:50 AM | 35145

Great work man. Thanks a lot for sharing.
Myers31TKD Tuesday 2/10/2009 at 03:53 AM | 35147

Bro welcome to the forum first and foremost! What an honor it is to have you aboard and you have already walked in and wow all of us. I can't believe this is you starting out, everything looks so profesonal. Great work man and I am excited to see more of your work in the future!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 2/10/2009 at 03:58 AM | 35148
Thank you for the very kind words. I hope to participate more here as time goes by. This is a fantastic place!
drgnfyre Tuesday 2/10/2009 at 05:04 AM | 35160
Bravo to your work there. Wow! Totally rocks.

All the Jasons would be proud. yes this board rocks.
jasonchick Monday 2/16/2009 at 03:46 AM | 36020
wow man thats impresve!!!!! kudos to your skills bro! cheers!

-Evan
ny ghoul Monday 2/16/2009 at 04:22 AM | 36031
Wow! That's some great work! Very impresve stuff!
H30 Thursday 2/19/2009 at 08:06 PM | 36623
Holy crap on a stick! I just stumbled on this thread, and those two items are FREAKIN' AMAZING!!!!!

Thanks for posting these beasts, they are great!
strangerathome Sunday 2/22/2009 at 03:10 AM | 36965
Im loving the fact that nce I have the mold I can cast more. I did another one and cut the face out so I could have a much more comfortable "hood". I will take some pics this week and show the different paint and the hair I did on the second one.
drgnfyre Monday 2/23/2009 at 10:23 AM | 37120
That looks fantastic!!!
Michael Aspinwall Friday 2/27/2009 at 03:25 PM | 37903
o snap thats fuckin badass man. do you plan on selling these?
timbs2007 Saturday 4/11/2009 at 10:31 AM | 42360
wow you did an amazing job
scaryzack Tuesday 5/12/2009 at 12:09 PM | 45579