Forums Horror Collectibles
I just saw an advanced screening of the new Friday the 13th!

No spoilers!!!!! I was gonna send this to Aint it Cool first, but this te is way better and has REAL F13 fans on it!!!!!! I just got home from a screening of F13 here in Kansas City. This is one bad ass movie! I'm not good at reviews so I will leave it at this. There are 6 deaths before the title of the movie is shown. The sleeping bag death is awesome! Jason is awesome in this. The movie takes place, in 1980, current day, and 6 weeks later. the movie starts off just like part two (the first 5 or so minutes), then jumps into a hybrid of part 3 and 4 with a modern and very believable feel. There is a lot of laughs in the movie and the victims are all likable enough. I love the F13 franchise, I mean LOVE it (except part 9 which sucks balls) and this ealy ranks as one of the best. Anyway, I will try to write up a more detailed review if I get the time tomorrow but it's gonna be tough. Go see this movie!!!!!!

P.S. - The only two problems I had with it are that you don't get a good look at Jason's face and the beginning where Jason sees his mom killed........why wouldn't he just let her know he was alive to avoid all of this mess =)
MoJoe Tuesday 2/10/2009 at 05:15 AM | 35162
No spoilers!!!!! I was gonna send this to Aint it Cool first, but this te is way better and has REAL F13 fans on it!!!!!! I just got home from a screening of F13 here in Kansas City. This is one bad ass movie! I'm not good at reviews so I will leave it at this. There are 6 deaths before the title of the movie is shown. The sleeping bag death is awesome! Jason is awesome in this. The movie takes place, in 1980, current day, and 6 weeks later. the movie starts off just like part two (the first 5 or so minutes), then jumps into a hybrid of part 3 and 4 with a modern and very believable feel. There is a lot of laughs in the movie and the victims are all likable enough. I love the F13 franchise, I mean LOVE it (except part 9 which sucks balls) and this ealy ranks as one of the best. Anyway, I will try to write up a more detailed review if I get the time tomorrow but it's gonna be tough. Go see this movie!!!!!!

P.S. - The only two problems I had with it are that you don't get a good look at Jason's face and the beginning where Jason sees his mom killed........why wouldn't he just let her know he was alive to avoid all of this mess =)

Man, I've been trying to track down an advancing screening in our area the past week but no dice so far . . .heard a rumor I might get to see it tomorrow night (Tues) but looks like I'm going to have to hold out until a Midnight Thursday night showing with Booman.

Thanks for the review and posting it up here first!!!!!

I'm super pumped to see this flick!!!!!!

DaShape Tuesday 2/10/2009 at 06:18 AM | 35164
shit this is going to kick ass! thanks for posting this up it makes me even more stoked to go see it. jason is the man!

pamelavoorheesRIP Tuesday 2/10/2009 at 06:23 AM | 35167
I'm writing a more detailed review now but its tough cause I can't remember a lot of the names. I will defiatly post more thoughts on Tuesday at the very least.
MoJoe Tuesday 2/10/2009 at 06:27 AM | 35168
I'm writing a more detailed review now but its tough cause I can't remember a lot of the names. I will defiatly post more thoughts on Tuesday at the very least.

right on! i'll be checking back then.

pamelavoorheesRIP Tuesday 2/10/2009 at 06:30 AM | 35169

Oh and give us ALL the spoilers you can!!! (I have to ruin every movie I see

)
DaShape Tuesday 2/10/2009 at 06:33 AM | 35170
I'm attending the press screening of this on Wednesday and will have a review up at
href="http://www.popculturebeast.com">www.popculturebeast.com on friday.

I'm extremely excited to see it and hope it's as good as this guy says it is.
Garon Tuesday 2/10/2009 at 07:22 AM | 35174
I'm ready to see this thing already! I think I'm just happy that Jason is returning to the big screen and this time he wont be going to Manhattan, space, hell, etc.

Jason's back at Camp Crystal Lake baby!!!
Myers31TKD Tuesday 2/10/2009 at 07:53 AM | 35176
nice, and i thought i was the first one going to see it mad early, i'm going tonight myself to check it out with a friend (tues 2/10) and help out a web te called, horrormerch.com, im on their street team and i'm helping them pass out flyers for their web te, and doing so, all i need is a picture of me pasng out the flyers, a copy of my ticket stub and i can get any street FREE from their web te, so i'm pumped.

i'll hope to leave some shit about the movie tonight!

dxh8r4life Tuesday 2/10/2009 at 10:04 AM | 35181
You can bet your balls on it, bro. We are def the great fans of F13th movies. And wolud like to thank for the post. Makes me want more and more go to theaters!
LÜCKMANN Tuesday 2/10/2009 at 12:06 PM | 35188
Badass! I can't tell you how pumped I am for this movie, to finally go and see a Friday movie ON Friday the 13th.... Jason is human again....no gimmick like telekines, Manhattan, space, Hell, etc..... Jason RUNS!... AND a badass like Derek Mears portraying him!!

It's great to hear that it doesn't disappoint, that takes a load off of my mind.

I just want to see another great Friday movie, now if only the next three days could just hurry their asses up... I will be just fine.

DarkArtist81 Tuesday 2/10/2009 at 01:26 PM | 35200
Some more thoughts:

1) I'm a Kane Hodder loyalist. With that said, Derek Mears IMO plays the best Jason ever! I've been trying to think of a way to describe him and the best I can come up with is to say he is a lot like LeatherFace from the TCM remake in that he is very fast and strong (not in a punch your head off way). He's also agile and cunning. Lots of running, some climbing and jumping. Maybe a better fit is WWE wrestler the Undertaker, when the Undertakers wrestles at a quicker pace, or even a Brock Lesnar but not as bulky.

2) They do a great job at explaining how Jason is able to get from one place to another in a realatively quick fashion. Spoiler........................Jason lives in a series of old mine shafts that live under Crystal Lake. You see one seen where one of the charactes trips over a line in the woods that rings a bell in Jason's layer ala "See No Evil".

The Kills: (Spoilers)

One machete swung over head through the forehead. One screw driver through the throat One slit neck one arrow through the back of the head while dude is driving a boat one machete plunged through the top of a chicks head while shes hiding under a dock one ax throw at a running victim two times a machete goes through victims chests Impaled on the back of a tow truck And jason also puts a gril in a sleeping bad and hangs her over a camp fire while still in the bag.

I'm misng a few do to a bad memory =/

More spoilers:

The movie starts off just like part 2. A girl counselor is running with machete in hand from Mrs Vorhees. They struggle a bit and off with the head. The girl walks off crying and we go back to the head and body to see a young boy Jason pick up a locket and the machete. Jump to present day.

The bac plot is Clay is trying to find his ster who is killed in the opening of the movie. TO make a long story short, she's not dead, but rather being held captive by Jason because she looks like Pamela Vorhees.

The very brief and image distorted looks of Jasons face you get give you an OK at best idea of what he looks like sans the mask. Kinda of a jip, but oh well.

Lots of tits! Lots of sex! Lots of drugs! The boat scene is great as it features a "Stupendous" (you'll get this after you see the movie) topless girl wake boarding.

Usually its the girls that have the best screams in horror films and while they have their share in this, the best comes from Trent, the douchey frat boy, and it is VERY funny. The comic relief in this movie are really funny especially the black and Aan stoner buddies.Lots of OOOO's and Ahhhh's from the crowd when Jason get's his hockey mask. (speaking of which, I'd kill for a replica but nce I got laid off 5 months ago and cant find work it unfortunately aint happening which just adds to the depreson of being unemployed)

A funny scene with a pot dealing redneck talking to a mannequin about how "she" took his virginity and how he's gonna "Hit it hard" tonight! He dies pretty quickly after saying this so no mannequin love.

There will be a squeal!!!!!!!!!

As I said, it is a great movie. It does have it's moments where you say to yourself "Whatever" but it's a F13 film so you have to take those. They do however do a great job of keeping them to a minimum. This is now in the top 3 of the franchise. Maybe even tied for 1st with part 3.

If you all have any questions, post them and I will answer them. For those getting a replica mask, I'm very jealous. Please post pics when you get them as I'd at the very least like to make them my screen saver. Hopefully I will get back to work and be able to get one before they sell out =/

THIS MOVIE IS

MoJoe Tuesday 2/10/2009 at 01:31 PM | 35202
wow, loved the review, yea, like you said, there are alot of wtf moments in friday the 13th history, but as long as this movie is nothing like freddy vs jason, it should be great

i know what you mean about being unemployed.. im on month 3 now.. it sucks bad, but i should be getting my tax return in a couple weeks, i scrounged up the last of my money and got his name was jason, so i got the movie ticket..thankfully lol

good luck to you on finding a job!

I can't wait to see it, ive been counting the days down for the last 3 months on my calender, i haven't been this excited for anything nce halo 2 and 3 came out lol
Capnvlad Tuesday 2/10/2009 at 02:13 PM | 35208
Oh man, thanks so much for a detailed Review!!!

I don't think I've anticipated a Horror movie like this in a long time.

Very excited!!!!!! oh a de note, I hope both you guys find work.

I really feel for you.

Predent Obama actual came to the town I work in Yesterday (Elkhart, IN).

In Elkhart there is 15.5% unemployment right now (double the national average). . . I go there once a month and the atmosphere there is VERY different than where I live.

There are so many people without work it's kind of scary.

I'm pretty secure in my job (very lucky) but I'm seeing first hand some of the worst in the U.S. and I don't know what's going to happen this year . . . I'll keep you guys in my thoughts and cross my fingers you can find income.
DaShape Tuesday 2/10/2009 at 04:15 PM | 35215
so they are taking it the "he did not drown route he just lived in the woods"?

If so I'm dissapointed
DWN Productions Tuesday 2/10/2009 at 06:13 PM | 35223
Fenner restrain me bro! I am grinning from ear to ear and I am ready to see this thing already! Thanks for posting your review with us! Excited doesn't describe how I feel about this movie. It's CRYSTAL FRIGGIN LAKE BABY!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 2/10/2009 at 06:26 PM | 35224
Hi I'm new and can see I will make so many cool friends on here already...the new film looks so freakin intense and great...I was hoping to see it on the 13th but looks like on the 22nd now

but either way I'd still be able to see the clasc hockey mask killer Jason himself swing that machete once again
lukeslashernut Tuesday 2/10/2009 at 06:43 PM | 35229
Wow I think you just about covered everything....lol

This review just made me so much more excited to see it...I love spoilers. It doesn't ruin it at all for me actually the oppote...it makes me wanna see it more. I am very much looking forward to seeing the chick being toasted in her sleeping bag...although i don't know if it will compare with the beating the chick in the sleeping bag against a tree moment from the old ones...lol
kweandee Tuesday 2/10/2009 at 07:27 PM | 35253
Couldn't be more ck of these stupid remakes.Like we haven't seen enough of Jason in the last 20 years. I guess some people would be happy seeing a guy in a hockey mask butchering people led into a room one by one for 2 hours as long is it had lots of blood and gore.
Ghoulunatic Tuesday 2/10/2009 at 08:21 PM | 35257
Couldn't be more ck of these stupid remakes.Like we haven't seen enough of Jason in the last 20 years. I guess some people would be happy seeing a guy in a hockey mask butchering people led into a room one by one for 2 hours as long is it had lots of blood and gore. thank for editing your post that last line you had in it was a little out of line there is no room for name calling on this board

while i agree with you that im ck of every movie being remade reimagined or regurgitated, if you want to debate with others please do so in a respectful manner and try not to piss on others parades
Johnny Bisco Tuesday 2/10/2009 at 08:50 PM | 35267
and try not to piss on others parades

Yeah, Like mine!!!!!!!!!!
DaShape Tuesday 2/10/2009 at 08:56 PM | 35268

Yeah, Like mine!!!!!!!!!!darn it where the Pee emoticon when i need it???????
Johnny Bisco Tuesday 2/10/2009 at 09:03 PM | 35270

http://bestsmileys.com/peeing/1.

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 2/10/2009 at 10:24 PM | 35277
ha! you guys are funny as hell. can friday get here already damn!

pamelavoorheesRIP Tuesday 2/10/2009 at 10:32 PM | 35278

http://bestsmileys.com/peeing/1.

LOL...that's too funny

kweandee Tuesday 2/10/2009 at 10:52 PM | 35285
Later dude! The Funny thing is that if you want this to be a remake or retelling than it is, and it's an AWESOME one. However it can also be seen as another sequel and still be a really awesome one.
MoJoe Wednesday 2/11/2009 at 12:09 AM | 35296
yeah man we appreciate different opinions but not when you go about it the way you did. Obviously this forum is different then those you're used too and we're proud of that.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 2/11/2009 at 12:26 AM | 35303
yeah man we appreciate different opinions but not when you go about it the way you did. Obviously this forum is different then those you're used too and we're proud of that.

Who are you talking to Booman?

DaShape Wednesday 2/11/2009 at 12:27 AM | 35304

Who are you talking to Booman?

damnit you guys, always deleting posts! What are you guys trying to do around here, have an actual fun board? It'll never work!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 2/11/2009 at 12:31 AM | 35305
fun whats that?

Johnny Bisco Wednesday 2/11/2009 at 01:20 AM | 35321
Ahhhhhhh, the ban..
SithLord Wednesday 2/11/2009 at 02:20 AM | 35331
Ahhhhhhh, the ban..

LMAO!!! I was soooooo gonna do that earlier but I didn't!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 2/11/2009 at 02:56 AM | 35334
so000o0o00o i just got back from my special screening of the new friday the 13th... and i will have to say i wasn't dissapointed or heavely surprised... i would give it a 7 out of 10... there was just something that seemed it was misng, and i just can't figure it out.. the first few kills in the beginning before the "friday the 13th" title scrolled on where just aww droppingi do have some favorite kills out of the movies, and they all weren't from the machette, but actually an axe, which was surpring to me. i had a good time all in all, and i hope you guys will too.

;)
dxh8r4life Wednesday 2/11/2009 at 03:00 AM | 35335
so000o0o00o i just got back from my special screening of the new friday the 13th... and i will have to say i wasn't dissapointed or heavely surprised... i would give it a 7 out of 10... there was just something that seemed it was misng, and i just can't figure it out.. the first few kills in the beginning before the "friday the 13th" title scrolled on where just aww droppingi do have some favorite kills out of the movies, and they all weren't from the machette, but actually an axe, which was surpring to me. i had a good time all in all, and i hope you guys will too.

I want to go to one of these special screenings! Glad you liked it man! Sounds like it is going to be a fun flick to watch. Thanks for the review bro!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 2/11/2009 at 03:05 AM | 35336
I can't believe I still have to wait 3 more days to see this....
DarkArtist81 Wednesday 2/11/2009 at 04:55 AM | 35342
I'm going again on Friday. I got a free ticket with the HNWJ DVD. So twice I will see it for free!!!!
MoJoe Wednesday 2/11/2009 at 06:26 PM | 35389
great posts guys, even more excited now then i was. horror bid has become the place for jason all the sudden.

customcritters Wednesday 2/11/2009 at 06:30 PM | 35392
just wait till rob zombies h2 comes out in august this will be a myers te all over again........................
Johnny Bisco Wednesday 2/11/2009 at 08:52 PM | 35405
tomorrow folks! Fenner and I will be basking in F-13 glory at midnight! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 2/11/2009 at 09:50 PM | 35410
just to give some of you a heads up. You may want to contact your movie theater about the passes in the HNWJ dvds. None of my theaters will accept any kind of passes, coupons, etc... during opening weekend.

My pass therefore is null and void.

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Wednesday 2/11/2009 at 10:31 PM | 35415
just to give some of you a heads up. You may want to contact your movie theater about the passes in the HNWJ dvds. None of my theaters will accept any kind of passes, coupons, etc... during opening weekend.

My pass therefore is null and void.

take care, Tommy

So Tom where you going to see it early or did you find out prior that these would not work? I don't have one just wondering if you saw the flick yet and your thoughts....

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 2/11/2009 at 11:29 PM | 35424
nope...i have no pull or hookups to see the film early. That, coupled with the fact that I live in Alabama, so that means there are no special sneak screenings to speak of. I just remembered way back when i went to see JGTH on opening night i tried to use a pass and they wouldnt accept it, so i called around to ask.

They all told me no....

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Wednesday 2/11/2009 at 11:59 PM | 35430
Another disgraceful remake to toss onto the evergrowing pile.No original ideas left huh?
Remakes are Garbage Thursday 2/12/2009 at 05:34 AM | 35460
I agree in the fact, that it seems with all the remakes, that there aren't any original ideas left, and that's sad. However, I'd rather watch a remake then the god awful PG-13, CGI, horror movies, any day of the week.
SithLord Thursday 2/12/2009 at 05:47 AM | 35461
Remakes are fine if:

a) You can improve apon the original. b) It's not already a uber good film.

And again, this isn't really a remake. Go see it and then give your thoughts.
MoJoe Thursday 2/12/2009 at 06:12 AM | 35463
I agree in the fact, that it seems with all the remakes, that there aren't any original ideas left, and that's sad. However, I'd rather watch a remake then the god awful PG-13, CGI, horror movies, any day of the week.

(cough) exactly! (cough)

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 2/12/2009 at 07:35 AM | 35468
There ARE original ideas left, but studios would rather invest in something that is guranteed to make them money than

take a chance on something original.
Myers31TKD Thursday 2/12/2009 at 09:50 AM | 35471
Remakes are fine if:

And again, this isn't really a remake. Go see it and then give your thoughts. jasons mom check sackhead jason check jason finds hockey mask check rehash of fridays 1-4 check

sounds like a remake to me......................
Johnny Bisco Thursday 2/12/2009 at 08:33 PM | 35503
Remakes are fine if:

And again, this isn't really a remake. Go see it and then give your thoughts. jasons mom check sackhead jason check jason finds hockey mask check rehash of fridays 1-4 check

sounds like a remake to me......................

take remake out of it, what if it is the most entertaining movie of all time! Do you still hate remakes if you like it??

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 2/12/2009 at 08:49 PM | 35504
Scarface was a remake, does that means it sucks? By your logic I could say the following:

Big fish? check Big fish kills? check big fish hunted by a crazed captain? check

Jaws = remake of Moby Dick

Wolf bites man? Check Man turns to wolf on full moon? Check Werewolf kills? Check Werewolf killed? Check

An American Werewolf in London = remake of Universal's Wolfman.

I can go on and on. Seriously, go see the movie then post thoughts.
MoJoe Thursday 2/12/2009 at 10:23 PM | 35512

greatest thread debate ever-check

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 2/12/2009 at 10:27 PM | 35513
:lol:

greatest thread debate ever-check

I really really <3 this forum!!!!!
MoJoe Thursday 2/12/2009 at 10:37 PM | 35515
I saw the midnight showing and LOVED IT!!!!

Much more of a tribute to parts 1-4 than I thought it would be!

Great stuff and I'm so happy they didn't ruin anything . . . . a great way to reboot the franchise!

Now, this doesn't go without saying I have some critiques because hardly any movie is perfect so I'll talk about them below . . .MAJOR SPOILERS BEYOND!!!!

I don't suggest you read this until you see the film.

So kicking right off, I dug the credits . . . Pam chang down the last counselor and getting wacked (I'm pretty sure that was in black and white).

Nice nod to the original and I'm glad they didn't leave it out.

So lets talk about the things I liked first.

Everytime something happened I'd think wow, that's milar to part 3, ohhh that happened in part 4.

Honestly . . . the bag head, grabbing someone through a glass window, finding the shrine of Jason's mom's head, and even Jason confung someone with his mother and she uses that to her advantage towards the end . . . .Part 2, CHECK!

Dawning the Hock and film Climax in an old barn . . .gotta be Part 3.

Chick falling from roof onto car . ..

Part 4.

They even had a Sleeping bag kill which is becoming trademarked with Friday the 13th films it seems.

I also like the tunnels under the Camp that Jason used to get around . . .made more sense to me and gave an excuse to how he got around.

All 13 kills were excellent and my favorite death might have been Willa Ford's.

Story, I liked how there was more to this story than a typical Friday the 13th also.

Normally the old school ones would just mply be a bunch of kids out at the lake with no back story at all.

Plus, you don't feel like you are waiting an hour for the killings to take place . . .this Jason wastes little time.

This film also had a much more sense of realism.

First off Jason seemed so much more scary (to me) because he was this crazy woods man who killed people who got on his truf (pretty much to ensure he wasn't found out so he could be left alone).

I loved that he used more sophisticated weapons . . .. bow and arrow, he's obviously learned that being at an abandoned camp and he would need to hunt.

The Bear trap was also a very nice touch.

Also, when people where out alone (for various reasons) . . .. they actually had legit reasons for it and not just walking around by themselves because.

Nothing too unbelievable happened and that was the best part . . . real is more scary (in my opinion).

Derek Mears, breaths new life into the voorhees character!!!!

DISLIKES

If you've been on this board long enough you how I feel about movie sound tracks.

They act as a character in the movie as far as I'm concerned.

Audiences make real emotional connections based off muc.

They didn't use the Clasc CHHHHH KAAAAA hardly at all and I was disappointed by that . ..

I mean this is a Friday movie so that should go hand in hand no question.

However, they did use it a couple times and that was their saving grace so I can live with it but if they hadn't used it I would be writing something a lot more negative I think.

Another thing that isn't bad but just suspends belief to me . .. . when Jason chases the two out of the house they make a run for it and go "Back to the camp ground"????

Why on earth would you do that?

I assume because they have no where else to go but come on.

However, this being a Friday film It gets dismissed but the movie had so much realism going for it and I wish they would have found a better way to get them back there . . that's all.

Last thing . .. . and it's about the ending.

I LOVED how they had the blings dump the body off the peer and you see Jason, the necklace and the hock float to the bottom . . .. however, when Jason busts up through the deck to grab the babe . . .he's wearing the hockey mask again.

Ok, we just saw it nk . . .we actually see it tting in the bottom of the lake sticking out of the ground.

Does Jason want it so bad that he swam to the bottom to get it before surfacing?

Plus, this scene is reminiscent of the end of Part one . ..

Jason shouldn't have had the mask on.

We never get a good look at him in the movie (and I'm fine with that) but it's like if there was going to be a time when you'd show his face this would have been the PERFECT time.

It would have gone right along with the original ending and even part two when you finally get the money shot of that mug.

Hopefully in the director's cut there is a different ending where you see his face.

Again, nothing I can't live with but I think it would have been a nice finishing touch.CONCLUON

Man, I really enjoyed this movie! It wasn't perfect but it was exactly what I was expecting.I give it a big KNIVES UP
DaShape Friday 2/13/2009 at 06:56 AM | 35546
I am off to bed right now, I will have my review up later today!

Happy Friday the 13th everyone!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 2/13/2009 at 07:02 AM | 35547
Just came from the 12:00 am show.. it was good.... I think Mears did a good job...

love the ladies though hehehe

Eyes Friday 2/13/2009 at 07:13 AM | 35548
I'm going to go watch it again tomorrow... As of now I'd give it a C+, which breakes my heart because I so wanted to love this movie (it wouldnt have taken much!!). Say it ain't so and let me have a better experiance after a good nights sleep...
CartyParty Friday 2/13/2009 at 07:22 AM | 35550
It's by the producers of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake.Why would i spend money seeing anything they were involved with after that p.o.s? Especially another remake.These movies are being made from a monetary angle and not for the sake a making a good movie.Remakes are like Leftovers.No matter how you doctor it up it will never bee as good as it originally was.
Remakes are Garbage Friday 2/13/2009 at 08:11 AM | 35552
Couldn't be more ck of these stupid remakes.Like we haven't seen enough of Jason in the last 20 years. I guess some people would be happy seeing a guy in a hockey mask butchering people led into a room one by one for 2 hours as long is it had lots of blood and gore.I agree 100%
Remakes are Garbage Friday 2/13/2009 at 08:22 AM | 35553
Scarface was a remake, does that means it sucks? By your logic I could say the following:

Big fish? check Big fish kills? check big fish hunted by a crazed captain? check

Jaws = remake of Moby Dick

Wolf bites man? Check Man turns to wolf on full moon? Check Werewolf kills? Check Werewolf killed? Check

An American Werewolf in London = remake of Universal's Wolfman.

I can go on and on. Seriously, go see the movie then post thoughts.

i never said all remakes suck

you said that this isnt a remake and i called you out on the fact that it is

scarface was a remake? well no kidding but it was GOOD and not done to cash in on a name or money making franchisesee the thing is an actual GOOD remake only comes along id say once maybe twice every 10 to 15 years

john caprenters the thing was a remake that was VERY VERY good and wasnt done to cash in like all these others that come out every other week it seems

these hollywood buffoons with no original ideas do this because they know horror fans are so desparate to see a horror movie in the theatre they churn these out because there is VERY low risk to do so and are pretty much guaranteed profit, dont tell me the last 2 michael bay remakes were done out of his love for horror they were done out of his love for money
Johnny Bisco Friday 2/13/2009 at 08:48 AM | 35558
Holy fuck what a boring dissapointing piece of shit

it felt like they were making fun or doing a parody of a friday the 13th movie with watered down kills.

and jason keping the bitch locked up? Get the fuck outta here.

HUGE DISSAPOINTMENT
DWN Productions Friday 2/13/2009 at 01:18 PM | 35574
wow... it looks like there is a lot of debate on whether this film was totally awesome or royally sucked.

Thanks soo much everyone who gave their reviews thus far.

I am going tonight @ 8:00 to see it... hopefully I will like it as much as some of you and hopefully I won't hate it as much as some of you.

*keeping my fingers crossed*
KimmyBlanks Friday 2/13/2009 at 03:57 PM | 35606
Furthermore I'd just like to ask how these fruits are going to "remake" "rehash" reimagine" "reboot" "refuckulate" thismovie w/o Ralph?

I waiting the whole time and nothing.And then finaly when something happens I do like that was a staple for me (jason being hung) the dont even wack him in the melon with a axe machete or even rob zombies big ol rubber dick.

Ever nce I got home last night I've been in a foul mood about this shit

I think I'm going to go see my old buddy Tommy A on the big screen again before its out of theaters.
DWN Productions Friday 2/13/2009 at 05:27 PM | 35618
I'll probably be seeing it again just because with any movie like this I normally have to rewatch it . . . sometimes I'll like a movie less and sometimes I'll like it more after a second viewing.

Still, overall I had a great time and it was a fun flick . . I wish others could have enjoyed it as much as me but oh well, I'm sure if this does good at the box office we'll be seeing sequel as well.
DaShape Friday 2/13/2009 at 05:54 PM | 35622
man you couldnt belive how bad I wanted to like this movie.

I said NOTHING about my opnions all I really ever said was "I'm going to wait till I see it and then I'll tell you".I had my doubts but nothing major and nce I like the chainsaw remake i thought i was in the clear.

Its kind of like when you were a kid and had hampsters. And the hampsters had babies and you were so excited about these baby hampsters, and then you wake up in the morning to find out the mom ate all the babies.

But you know what maybe its not a bad thing maybe it makes me love for the others ones that much stronger.
DWN Productions Friday 2/13/2009 at 06:08 PM | 35626
I'm definitely looking forward to this movie. I'm not expecting it to be an Oscar worthy movie, hell, no horror movie is. But I have an appreciation for Slasher flicks and gorefests.

I already know that I won't be disappointed, unless it turns out to be the 2nd coming of Jason X, which then I would probably never watch another Friday the 13th movie again.

However, I'm a HUGE Friday the 13th fan, and I believe I'm going to enjoy this movie.
KeeterZ Friday 2/13/2009 at 06:11 PM | 35627
Its kind of like when you were a kid and had hampsters. And the hampsters had babies and you were so excited about these baby hampsters, and then you wake up in the morning to find out the mom ate all the babies.
DaShape Friday 2/13/2009 at 06:11 PM | 35628
As a fan of the series I tried to go into this film with an open mind and I've heard a million times before (concerning horror remakes) that if you don't and you go in expecting the original, you most likely won't like the film (because you already have a set list of standards). my problem with this is that if you have to already hold the film to certain standards, and its held in such high regards... why touch it other than to make a quick billion dollars off of a namesake?As I sat in the theatre (and waited for nearly an hour due to projection problems at a DPL screening) I noticed that most of the audience was between the ages of nineteen and twenty-one, mostly college students already drunk and already pisng themselves senseless. There was a handful of geeks and forty somethings that looked like they were waiting for someone to shit all over their childhood, but I tried to stay potive (even though me and Thom were the only two dressed for success in our movie replica masks).The film started fast and viscous, somewhat unrelenting and with more one liners and comedic pauses than necessary, but so far I thought that it was off to a decent start (the cast resembled more of a frat party... which seemed to be fitting as the plot loosely revolves around a group of young adults trying to find a pot field). I did like the sarcastic nerdy star wars t-shirt clad GPS navigated geek that was leading the group through uncharted wilderness, but I still thought something was misng.

As it turns out, months later, another group of teens are going to a friends father's summer cabin at the lake, and they run into a young man named Clay who's looking for his misng ster. More limbs and one liners start to fly, and I'm wondering why all horror films feel the need to be more satirical than necessary? It seems like they have to keep the crappy "stoner" one liners flying to keep the tweeners in the audience's attention before beer pong rounds and sloppy hand jobs.

I don't want to ruin too much of the film or put if off as a let down... but I felt like it was. I went into this film not expecting much and came out somewhat bitter. The ending seemed rushed and very expected (I called the end fifteen minutes into the film) and everything seemed so "already done", somewhat bland, and too predictable. It seems as if they looked at the plot for every other crappy horror plot from the past ten years or so and kind of threw it in there.

Also after showing a scene, I hated how the characters had to t around and talk about it explaining it to the audience like we are all brain dead.

I think the acting on the Jason's part was great, I just think that this is a series that they had no reason to remake other than profit.I think if this wasn't a Friday the 13th film, I would have liked the movie, but seeing as how they were treading in territory that wasn't needed, I would say that this was as horrible as the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake, I think it had the same vibe almost (I can see how as it was from the same director). To me, the last fifteen-twenty minutes killed the movie for me and I think it lost all momentum. Also, I think only one of the trailers was for a horror film... seems like the marketing was for the younger audiences as well.

Overall, I know everyone will check it out, I just hope that more people go away with a better feeling from the outcome than I did.

It did contain tons of gore, nudity, drugs... everything you expect... but thats probably the problem, it seems like I went in expecting NOTHING and walking away with everything I've seen before. What I'll truly be looking forward to is the director's cut DVD when it comes out to see if there are any "alternate" endings or extended scenes. Most likely during production they probably cut the fuck out of it. We'll see I guess.

check out our other reviews @ myspace.com/putridreviews
CLAYTRON2020 Friday 2/13/2009 at 06:25 PM | 35633

I said NOTHING about my opnions all I really ever said was "I'm going to wait till I see it and then I'll tell you".I had my doubts but nothing major and nce I like the chainsaw remake i thought i was in the clear.

But you know what maybe its not a bad thing maybe it makes me love for the others ones that much stronger. I wanted to like this movie also. So much that I'm going to drop another $20 and take my wife to watch it tonight. I hope something changes for me when I watch it again. Really what I like about these movies are the iconic horror characters that I grew up with. But I just felt this movie had no back story what so ever and didnt pay justice to the first 3 movies! Jason's mom was only in it for a few minutes, no Jason when he was a kid, the camera was almost blair witch style shakey, that old dark contrast filter they used during the whole movie was anoying. I could go on and on.

On the plus de I did love how Jason was bad ass. Fast, smart, brutal and realistic for the most part. The acting was pretty good. It had some funny parts. Most of the deaths were good.

I'm not one to complain ever but this move really didnt do it for me.
CartyParty Friday 2/13/2009 at 06:42 PM | 35637

But you know what maybe its not a bad thing maybe it makes me love for the others ones that much stronger. I wanted to like this movie also. So much that I'm going to drop another $20 and take my wife to watch it tonight. I hope something changes for me when I watch it again. Really what I like about these movies are the iconic horror characters that I grew up with. But I just felt this movie had no back story what so ever and didnt pay justice to the first 3 movies! Jason's mom was only in it for a few minutes, no Jason when he was a kid, the camera was almost blair witch style shakey, that old dark contrast filter they used during the whole movie was anoying. I could go on and on.

On the plus de I did love how Jason was bad ass. Fast, smart, brutal and realistic for the most part. The acting was pretty good. It had some funny parts. Most of the deaths were good.

I'm not one to complain ever but this move really didnt do it for me.

Bacally what I'm gathering from those who didn't like it, is the fact that it didn't really compare to the original. Mostly because it's more of a re-creation, rather than a remake, IMO.

I'm sure I'll be disappointed with the movie as a whole, and the fact that it probably doesn't tie into the entire Jason series as it should, but I know I'm going to enjoy it for the fact that Jason is back, and he's not in space. He's in Crystal Lake, terrorizing stupid, drunk, naked teenagers, and slashing the shit out of them.
KeeterZ Friday 2/13/2009 at 06:52 PM | 35647
Bacally what I'm gathering from those who didn't like it, is the fact that it didn't really compare to the original. Mostly because it's more of a re-creation, rather than a remake, IMO

re-envioning re-creation re-hash re-imagining re-gurgitation call it what you want it all means REMAKE
Johnny Bisco Friday 2/13/2009 at 07:19 PM | 35652
Hey all you Jason fans out there!

I think

your gonna like this one. I just saw a screening at midnight last night. The theater was packed!! I have been a fan of Friday the 13th nce I was little, so I was kinda skeptical about this one. The previews looked

like it was gonna be good but you know how previews go. Well I'm here to say that this was by far the best remake!Jason was bad ass in this one!

I was very impressed.

Let's

face it, some of the other f13's ( like jason x or jason goes to hell)

were kinda lame.

But this Friday I highly recommend!!!

Of course nothing will ever replace the originals tho.Some of the killings in this was really awesome like the girl in the sleeping bag. SWEET! And the guy on the boat, that was a good shot! GO JASON!The only negative thing I have to say would be that they didn't show Jason unmasked much.

A few times but quick. We will have to have some pause action when the dvd comes out to get a better look.

So, with that said everyone GO SEE IT!! You won't be sorry.

Dawn_Voorhees Friday 2/13/2009 at 08:05 PM | 35661
i totally love the movie. i thought the pacing was great, the look and feel of the movie was just on. personally i loved it but hey i love jason.

pamelavoorheesRIP Friday 2/13/2009 at 09:47 PM | 35687
i totally love the movie. i thought the pacing was great, the look and feel of the movie was just on. personally i loved it but hey i love jason. I love Jason as well, so I'm pretty sure I'm going to love it.
KeeterZ Friday 2/13/2009 at 10:07 PM | 35696
My review is up at popculturebeast.com.

Bottom line is this:

The movie is garbage.

Pure and mple.

there is no tenon.

It isn't scary.

The script is quite posbly one of the worst horror scripts in years.

The acting is horrible.

The kills are mediocre.Derek Mears was great as Jason but that's about the only good thing I can say.

The dialogue was so bad.

"Take that mother fucker" should never be written on paper let alone committed to film.

I'm sure a lot of you will be excited by the amount of breasts in the film.

There's plenty.

I, however, want a bit more from my horror films, I don't care if its a Jason movie or not.

The movie was billed as a "Reimagining".

It wasn't.

It was just a lousy attempt to capitilize on a famous franchise.

There was nothing reimagined about it.

It was lazy.

There is absolutely nothing of substance here.

No plot, not even an attempt at one.

It's insulting.That said, I'm sure plenty of people will love it because it has tits and blood and that saddens me.
Garon Friday 2/13/2009 at 10:28 PM | 35708
My review is up at popculturebeast.com.

Bottom line is this:

The movie is garbage.

Pure and mple.

there is no tenon.

It isn't scary.

The script is quite posbly one of the worst horror scripts in years.

The acting is horrible.

The kills are mediocre.Derek Mears was great as Jason but that's about the only good thing I can say.

The dialogue was so bad.

"Take that mother fucker" should never be written on paper let alone committed to film.

I'm sure a lot of you will be excited by the amount of breasts in the film.

There's plenty.

I, however, want a bit more from my horror films, I don't care if its a Jason movie or not.

The movie was billed as a "Reimagining".

It wasn't.

It was just a lousy attempt to capitilize on a famous franchise.

There was nothing reimagined about it.

It was lazy.

There is absolutely nothing of substance here.

No plot, not even an attempt at one.

It's insulting.That said, I'm sure plenty of people will love it because it has tits and blood and that saddens me.

yep i love me some jason movies but i hate remakes and i hate michael bay
Johnny Bisco Friday 2/13/2009 at 11:19 PM | 35728
That said, I'm sure plenty of people will love it because it has tits and blood and that saddens me.

I really like this movie but not for those reasons

DaShape Saturday 2/14/2009 at 12:12 AM | 35743
SPOILERS seems like this movie has been a hit or miss with alot of people, i personally enjoyed the hell out of the film, I love the new take on jason, i loved the traps, Jason has a temper.. we see it in this movie, he shows frustration, anger, and his weak de (his mother)

The movie didn't keep me at the edge of my seat, but to the general public, they will be scared shitless, my girlfriend was freaking out and she is used to me dresng up all the time in my outfit, it made me jump a good handful of times

the kills were very awesome, my favorite one was the one where she hid under the dock, too fucking awesome, i love the clunk noise when he goes to pull his machete out, it had a good amount of comic relief aswell, and i was laughing my ass off at some points

i don't think you should say this movie is garbage, it had some great elements in it, including that Derek Mears is my favorite jason now, he did a great job. Plus i would wait to see the unrated DVD.. they cut alot of stuff out of the theatrical verson. I plan on going to see it again this week, i loved it

i give it a 10 out of 10
Capnvlad Saturday 2/14/2009 at 12:38 AM | 35746
*No spoilers...

We just got back from seeing Friday the 13th and I REALLY REALLY like it!! I was pleasantly surprised at how good the movie was.

I thought it was intense, the killings weren't over the top gory but enough to make an impact, the killings were creative and disturbing, there was definitely character development to where you gave a crap about certain characters and hated certain characters where you didn't give a shit if they died or not and the whole pace of the movie was just awesome.

Jason was totally bad ass and Derek Mears did an amazing job playing him.

I really really enjoyed this movie and am sooo happy that finally something good came out at the movie theaters!

I give it a 9 out of 10
KimmyBlanks Saturday 2/14/2009 at 02:53 AM | 35772
Just got back and I really liked the movie. Titties

Can't say I didn't like anything about it really. For a newer horror movie I thought they are off to a great start. Now go see this fucking movie
quietonthesetstudios Saturday 2/14/2009 at 03:16 AM | 35779
I have to say that I liked this new Friday, and Derek Mears was a very good Jason, posbly second best to Kane Hodder. However it was not one of the best Fridays, it had some good parts, but there was a little too much humor for me. It was good but it also could have been a lot better.
krueger4653 Saturday 2/14/2009 at 03:32 AM | 35780
saw the movie ended up seeing it in theater 13

also got a hocky mask i ordered today

as far as the movie goes i was expecting it to be a little more styleized

it seemed a little lazy and fast at points in the movie also felt too much like the texas chainsaw remake but it was decent derek mears does play a really good jason though

didnt really like the actors in it some of the kills were good and mears was good
danzig666 Saturday 2/14/2009 at 03:47 AM | 35786
saw the movie ended up seeing it in theater 13

also got a hocky mask i ordered today

as far as the movie goes i was expecting it to be a little more styleized

it seemed a little lazy and fast at points in the movie also felt too much like the texas chainsaw remake but it was decent derek mears does play a really good jason though

didnt really like the actors in it some of the kills were good and mears was good

also the whole underground mine tunnel deal

was too much like texas chainsaw massacre two
danzig666 Saturday 2/14/2009 at 03:48 AM | 35787
I really enjoyed the movie.

It was certainly not as good as previous ones .. particularly parts 6 & 7 .. but I digress.

Still, for this generation of film making & this generation of what people expect in a horror movies, I think it delivered.

The kills weren't extreme or even what you'd expect from Jason but I guess that was the intent .. to reinvent Jason.

They certainly did that.

I look forward to more!
attitudeinc Saturday 2/14/2009 at 04:11 AM | 35798
Alright. So I just got back.

SOME SPOILERS!

Let me start off by saying that the overall movie, was shit. Horrible acting, girls that are supposed to be 17-18 with fake tits, and a cocky prick who overacts his role.

Regardless, I still loved it.

Mears does a FANTASTIC job of playing Jason. The movie starts off right away and grabs your attention showing his mom's death. Not too bad. Then, you get 20 some odd years later to some kids that are looking for weed and want to fuck non-stop.

The entire movie was pretty funny overall. However, prior to the part where they give you the movie title, all you could get from it was that Jason wasn't pissed about his mom's death, or about his drowning years ago.... But he was more pissed that these kids were getting all up in his weed.

Teen 1 finds the weed: "I love you, you, and you... and even you" Turns around, you caption Jason as saying "Back up off my weed bitch", then kills him.Anyways, you get to the title screen and then you finally meet the "main" cast. You've got the cocky guy with a ton of money, driving an Escalade, and copping an attitude for no reason with the guy trying to find his misng ster.

His g/f is all nice and sweet, and he's an asshole. They would never be together.

Moving onwards. You've got he hilarious black guy mixed with the aan kid who's also hilarious, throughout the entire movie.

Then, you've got the slut who'll fuck anything, and then the couple who are rebels and want to escape everybody to go out on the lake and water ski topless. Who doesn't want to do that?

That scene was fantastic though, because anybody who plays Call of Duty immediately thought "Head Shot!". Jason has fantastic aim. I'm glad that he put the archery part of he camp to some use in his free time.

That's all I'll say and I'll leave the rest of the movie to you guys.

Some things I didn't care for were:

The tunnels- Too TCM esque. Apparently Jason built it by hand or something. I have no idea. He tipped a bus over himself and created a sweet tunnel system.

Holding the girl hostage- WTF for? Apparently he saw her as his mom. But Jason never lets anybody go. If he's got you, you're dead, unless you're the main character and can get the shit beat out of you and still get up perfectly fine with very few scratches.

The cocky guy- The kid that played him way overacted the part and was beyond annoying.

Very little gore. There wasn't much blood. I was disappointed. The point of slasher flicks is gore. Boo.

Some things I liked were:

The fact that Jason was running.

The fact that he jumped around the house on top of it. Including jumping down onto the police officer. He didn't always teleport like he usually does.

Some of the deaths were creative. The bow and arrow, the sleeping bag over the fire, and the bear trap.

Overall, I loved the movie for the mple fact that it was Jason.

But I don't expect this movie to get good ratings because the acting is terrible, and the plot sucks.
KeeterZ Saturday 2/14/2009 at 05:01 AM | 35805
I saw this movie as another Friday movie and let me say that I reallyyy enjoyed it!!!SPOILERS!!Am I the only one who liked the tunnels? While being TCM-esque, it made sense for Jason to have tunnels to use to get around places. It makes sense, he's a wild-like man who's been in Camp Crystal Lake for most of his life....hence his excellent hunting and trap skills.

idk, i liked it.

not as gory as i expected it to be, but still pretty good.
lollirot Saturday 2/14/2009 at 06:05 AM | 35815
I saw this tonight at 7:30, and I really loved it.

I mean, it's a Friday film... not high art.

So I wasn't expecting something as great as the original Halloween or the Exorcist... I knew what I was in for.

As a Friday film, it was the best nce part 4 to me.

Jason was brutal and had a pretty smart system in place to keep people out of his domain.

The traps, the tunnels... I loved that. In the older movies, Jason just chased you down or walked slowly and somehow ended up in front of you instead of behind you.

In this movie it was more plauble that he could move swiftly and sneak up on his victims.I did think it was pretty hilarious when the kid died finding the weed, I turned to my Wife and said..."That's what they get for trying to steal Jason's bud."And later when the redneck guy got killed, he took the weed... and died for it.. which I thought was pretty damn funny. It was an odd coincidence, but added to the enjoyment for me..

The teens were much more interesting characters than most of the older films ever had, except for Part I, II and IV... It felt more like these exceptions, in that you actually thought some of these people were pretty entertaining or cool and didn't want them to die.

Some you did, but that's usually the way it works..

I just like that there were actual characters again, instead of cardboard cutouts.

And Derek Mears... Man o man.. did he ever KILL as Jason.

He really owned the role, he brought intenty and psychology to a character that some would have just copied older actors and stuntmen and been done with it.

The scene that really sold it for me was when he kills the slutty chick, that zoom in on his eye with that crazed look... BADASS. All in all, I was very pleased with the film... The crowd I saw it with seemed to love it as well.

I am already excited to see it again with my free ticket next week and I am very interested to see if they continue the series and give Derek another chance to thrill me.

DarkArtist81 Saturday 2/14/2009 at 06:35 AM | 35822
I did like the tunnel system.

They mentioned the cave earlier in the film when they were looking for Jason's weed.

It makes it plauble that he can be all over the woods.

no one has a problem with, "Take that Mother Fucker?"

Or, "Say hi to mother!

In HELL!"?

Worst. dialogue. ever.

Also, no one had a problem with him killing locals even when the locals seemed to know about him?

(at least one of them did anyway).

anyway, im off to watch The Midnight Meat Train now...
Garon Saturday 2/14/2009 at 06:40 AM | 35824
I did like the tunnel system.

They mentioned the cave earlier in the film when they were looking for Jason's weed.

It makes it plauble that he can be all over the woods.

no one has a problem with, "Take that Mother Fucker?"

Or, "Say hi to mother!

In HELL!"?

Worst. dialogue. ever.

Also, no one had a problem with him killing locals even when the locals seemed to know about him?

(at least one of them did anyway).

anyway, im off to watch The Midnight Meat Train now...

Well, the first line didn't seem that bad... seeing as though it seemed natural.

A person would say something like that, it's not so inconceivable.

The second line was a bit cheesy and over the top, but nothing near as bad as "Welcome to my world, Bitch!" as spoken by Monica Keegan in FVJ... that was by far the worst line I have seen in a Jason film.

And as for the killing of locals, I think that the few locals that believe in him... well they know to stay away and out of his area.

Those who venture in are SOL.

That is what the crazy old lady was talking about when she said that people go misng there all the time, I didn't assume that she meant only outders... but rather ANYBODY stupid enough to go venturing into what used to be Camp Crystal Lake or the surrounding area.
DarkArtist81 Saturday 2/14/2009 at 06:57 AM | 35829
sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo let me get this straight Jason grows weed? WTF????

the more i hear about this the lamer it sounds...................
Johnny Bisco Saturday 2/14/2009 at 11:05 AM | 35852
sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo let me get this straight Jason grows weed? WTF????

the more i hear about this the lamer it sounds...................

No he doesn't grow weed... obviously someone planted the weed there, not Jason.
DarkArtist81 Saturday 2/14/2009 at 03:36 PM | 35857
hey it had to be asked because if people are going there to get the weed they get killed so who the hell planted it without getting killed? had to be jason and with bay movies you never know.........
Johnny Bisco Saturday 2/14/2009 at 04:07 PM | 35860
f'ing one liners.....can't stand that shit. You never saw them in films like MANIAC or LHOTL
ny ghoul Saturday 2/14/2009 at 05:34 PM | 35873
f'ing one liners.....can't stand that shit. You never saw them in films like MANIAC or LHOTL amen to that brother

there is a difference between humor and comedy i dont want comedy in my horror movies i do however like horror in my comedies like shawn of the dead
Johnny Bisco Saturday 2/14/2009 at 05:44 PM | 35874
great review i liked the new chainsaws though

so that right there should prove im not bashing the movie for no reason the frist chainsaw (og) is just to boring for me and find myslf falling asleep each time i watch it) part 2 is where its at
DWN Productions Saturday 2/14/2009 at 05:49 PM | 35876
Jason was kinda like saint pete guarding the gate aka weed field
DWN Productions Saturday 2/14/2009 at 05:51 PM | 35877
alright finally had the time to get a review up....

First off I went into this film having read none of the reviews or spoilers, I wanted to see it with a fresh set of eyes and I did. I am of course a huge Friday the 13th fan having latched onto the series at a young age. Jason intrigued me and is part of the reason I really got into horror so of course I wanted this film to be great.

MAJOR SPOILERS BELOW:

The Good-I thought the opening sequence was fantastic. It was very fast paced. I liked the cheesy one liners and of course we had teens/young adults wanting to find drugs and have sex, that is the crux of any great F-13 movie. I loved all the opening kills, I thought the sleeping bag kill and bear trap were especially cool. We got to know the opening group just enough to care when they got slaughterted. I thought it worked well and when the opening screen popped up after the dust settled and the title came up FRIDAY THE 13TH the theater erupted with clapping and cheers.

Now enter a whole new group of teens/young adults. I thought the pacing slowed here a bit but it had too. We needed to hear back story and we went through it all. From Pamela Voorhees confronting the last counselor and then getting her head chopped off to the shrine scene in Jason's old house I thought they did all that very well. I enjoyed the arrow to the head on the boat and the death scene under the dock at the waters edge. The ending I thought went well however I wish a few things could have been changed and I will go into that into the further below.

Did it feel like a Friday the 13th movie? Yes I think it did. It went through films 1-4 and I thought it told the story well. Was I entertained yes, I felt I at least got my $10 worth.

The Bad-Man I wish I could have gotten my hands on the script. I felt like with a few changes this could have been the end all be all of remakes. It wasn't perfect by a long shot and here is why I feel that way. First off they needed to include Jason's sound effect a TON more in the film. I wanted to her (chu chu chu ka ka ka) at every bend and twist in the film. It is iconic as Myers HalloweeN theme and really is an errie sound that could have set the tone for some less than exciting chase and kill scenes.

The death scenes, well Jason sure kicked a lot of ass but I thought they were to quick and not gory enough. Did they compare to the original films sure they did but this is a remake, I have seen the movie SAW for the last x years, I wanted gore, gore and more gore. My Bloody Valentine gave it to me why couldn't F-13 follow suit? All that I can live with but the jack ass douche bag guy that they built up to be so hated I wanted to see him die a slow death. I wanted him to take a few swings at Jason and I wanted Jason to maybe rip and arm off and beat him with it. I don't know, it's not perfect but hey it's damn better than a freaking quick ass stake through the heart and a drive off. And where the hell did the old man in the tow truck go with that body on the back? The ending. I thought they needed to keep with the clasc machete to Jason's head. I thought the stab through the chest pretty much sealed the deal that Jason is undead or can't be killed. I mean it didn't even slow him down. Is he a zombie? I don't know but he sure as hell doesn't feel much pain. Then you chuck him in Crystal Lake which was a great way to end it. We all knew he was going to jump back up in the end but come on, he took the time to fish the hockey mask out of the water and put it back on? Why not coming diving out of the lake without the hock ala parts 1 and 2? I didn't like that and damnit it would have been so cool if they just made that small change.

Concluon-Was it the greatest film of all time? Of course not. But in

the end I was entertained. I thought Derek Mears did a FANTASTIC job as Jason. Jason had a very cool look and everything felt a whole lot more based in reality. Remakes are made partly to get a whole new generation into a franchise and I think this will do it. Things could have been a lot worse but I think the respected the franchise enough and in the end again I was entertained and isn't that what it's all about? It's a slasher movie through and through and it was a nostalgia rush. Go see it, it will get your horror blood pumping one way or another.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 2/14/2009 at 09:00 PM | 35899
SO can we at least all agree the Derek was a fricking PIMP as Jason?
MoJoe Saturday 2/14/2009 at 10:48 PM | 35905
SO can we at least all agree the Derek was a fricking PIMP as Jason?

I say yes without a doubt!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 2/14/2009 at 10:53 PM | 35906
Ditto!

Derek KILLED as Jason, he really nailed the part.

He is definitely my new favorite Jason of all time.

The bit when the main duo was hiding and the slutty chick kill sealed the deal for me, Derek really won me over with his performance.

It was truly epic.
DarkArtist81 Saturday 2/14/2009 at 11:54 PM | 35909
Yep, I'm pretty sure rather if you hated this movie or loved it . . . it seems no body is questioning that Mears ROCKED as Jason.

By far my favorite Jason and I hope he returns if they do a sequel!!!

DaShape Sunday 2/15/2009 at 12:49 AM | 35915
DEREK MEARS KILLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
ny ghoul Sunday 2/15/2009 at 04:11 AM | 35936
Good review. Bacally sums up my attitude toward this one (although I too liked the TCM remake). Derek Mears blew me away with his portrayal of a much smarter, faster Jason Voorhees. Jason was by far the best (if not only good part) of this movie. I totally agree that the one-liners and nonesense dialogue was too much to handle at times, and I found myself wanting to scream out "Get on with the killing already!!". The two best characters were Wade (the geek) and Chewie (the Aan). I felt that they were pushing the fact that the black guy was black... condering that his first few lines were in the area of "It's because I'm black huh...". Come on... get over it Hollywood! Your black characters don't always have to say that... we know they're black... we can see them. Also... the redneck hillbilly guy in the movie really lays it on super thick with his I'm-gonna-go-fuck-a-pig attitude. Although humorous... it came off as being forced. There really wasn't anything we've never seen before when it comes to the deaths in this movie. They were cool, but nothing really new (one strangely milar to a death from "lent Night Deadly Night". The ending was pretty weak in my opinion. It would have been much better.

After all of that... this movie still escaped with a potive review from me. It passed the one big, mple question. Was I entertained? Yes... I was. It was fun and I can't wait to buy the DVD. Jason's back and I'm happy about that more than anything.
Myers31TKD Sunday 2/15/2009 at 05:59 AM | 35946
Good review. Bacally sums up my attitude toward this one (although I too liked the TCM remake). Derek Mears blew me away with his portrayal of a much smarter, faster Jason Voorhees. Jason was by far the best (if not only good part) of this movie. I totally agree that the one-liners and nonesense dialogue was too much to handle at times, and I found myself wanting to scream out "Get on with the killing already!!". The two best characters were Wade (the geek) and Chewie (the Aan). I felt that they were pushing the fact that the black guy was black... condering that his first few lines were in the area of "It's because I'm black huh...". Come on... get over it Hollywood! Your black characters don't always have to say that... we know they're black... we can see them. Also... the redneck hillbilly guy in the movie really lays it on super thick with his I'm-gonna-go-fuck-a-pig attitude. Although humorous... it came off as being forced. There really wasn't anything we've never seen before when it comes to the deaths in this movie. They were cool, but nothing really new (one strangely milar to a death from "lent Night Deadly Night". The ending was pretty weak in my opinion. It would have been much better.

After all of that... this movie still escaped with a potive review from me. It passed the one big, mple question. Was I entertained? Yes... I was. It was fun and I can't wait to buy the DVD. Jason's back and I'm happy about that more than anything.

very well said P!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 2/15/2009 at 08:15 AM | 35955
id have to say that chicks tits were stupendous!!!!

Swimming~In~Blood Sunday 2/15/2009 at 09:37 PM | 35978
id have to say that chicks tits were stupendous!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! AGREED!!!!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 2/15/2009 at 09:40 PM | 35979
SO can we at least all agree the Derek was a fricking PIMP as Jason? Absolutely!

He kicked some major ass as Jason!!
KimmyBlanks Monday 2/16/2009 at 01:38 AM | 35996
I haven't seen this movie yet, I have to say Derek has some big shoes to fill from the past Jasons.
jasonchick Monday 2/16/2009 at 03:50 AM | 36024
I haven't seen this movie yet, I have to say Derek has some big shoes to fill from the past Jasons.

Dude, he OVERFILLED those shoes... if that figurative pair of shoes were real, Derek's toes would have been tearing through the front.

He really carried the film, his performance made the movie a million times better.

He brought a bit of sympathy to the character, but also a sense of cunning and raw intenty that has never been achieved by any other actor to play him.

Brooker had the presence, White had the speed, Hodder had the breathing and head movements down... but NONE have ever done it all.

Derek did it all, he really blew me away.

He is by far my favorite Jason yet, and I hope he does even more films than Kane did... he really deserves it.
DarkArtist81 Monday 2/16/2009 at 06:17 AM | 36045
I just saw the movie yesterday, and I haven't read through this entire thread, so I'm sure most of this will be repetitive. I thought the movie was relatively enjoyable up until the very end. As far as slasher flicks go it was pretty well done. The acting was decent, the movie kept a nice pace, and Derek Mears made a formidable Jason. However, I am torn on the kill scenes. On one hand, I like the fact that Jason is bacally like the director said he would be, a hunter, and that he uses pretty straight forward methods to dispatch his victims; the barbecue scene was the one exception. On the other hand, I think this took away from the anticipation of seeing the next kill. Let's face it, one of the great things about seeing a Friday the 13th movie is the creativity involved in the kill scenes, and this one just didn't have that. If there was one part of the movie that I absolutely hated it would be the ending. I thought how they attempted to kill Jason was alright, definitely the most original "almost" kill scene of the movie, but who in the hell thought up the idea of having them dump his body in the lake? For the life of me, I can't figure out what their motivation would have been for that brilliant move. Seriously, that scene just dumbfounds me and it really put a damper on the whole experience to have the movie end on such a low note. I know they were trying for that big "shocking" moment at the end, but they definitely could have thought of a better way to go about it. Maybe the next installment will reveal that the final scene at the lake was just a dream sequence, but who knows.

All in all, despite it's flaws it's definitely worth a watch for any fan of the franchise. Just try to pretend that the final minute never happened.
gummi Monday 2/16/2009 at 11:56 AM | 36055

very well said P

Nice concluon, dude. I feel the same about the "consciencious" producers from Hollywood. You said everything...
LÜCKMANN Monday 2/16/2009 at 12:49 PM | 36061
Okay, Im a clasc fan- grew up on the original. Before the title Friday the 13th came on the screen, it was Bad Ass!!! ,, Mrs.Vorhess SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn I could had found a better actress. She was horrible! Some of the acting was bad. BUt in all true, It was a good movie. For any Friday the 13th fans- You should see it!!
darius26 Tuesday 2/17/2009 at 10:06 PM | 36296
I don't think people watch Friday the 13th films for the acting.
Sourfacedbastard Tuesday 2/17/2009 at 11:00 PM | 36314
I hated this movie.

It felt like TCM remake part 3
Bones Friday 2/27/2009 at 04:27 PM | 37911