Forums Horror Collectibles
THE GREAT HALLOWEEN 4 "1985 THE MASK RECAST" DEBATE. .

I dont know exactually how much of a debate can be had but a post on mm.net (in which Sam McCain graciously replied with his expertise)

I agree that i think that it is Crafaders mask that is used through out the film. .

I am by means not an expert but i anxiously await the theories of the vets that frequent this board.

Cheers,

Alexander
DEUSEXMACHINA222 Wednesday 2/11/2009 at 12:07 AM | 35295
Hey Alex, the origins of the mask are so buried I am not sure we will ever know exactly for sure. I always heard rumors that the mask was a recasted Kirk mask (a bad shape Kirk to start with). But nce Sam has been working on replicating the mask that Crofader has he says it is definitely not a Kirk, but rather someones casted face. I am sure this debate will never go away until we hear from someone that worked in the FX department on the H4 set. So for now I have to go with its someones face casted in an attempt to get it close to a Kirk look....

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 2/11/2009 at 12:20 AM | 35299
I personally believe that the so called kirk mask is one of the same masks only not painted white. I talked too Wilbur and Harris at the 30 yrs con and they both said they filmed a bunch of stuff and had to go back and re film and paint that exact mask and the stand by masks white and color the hair. I don't see how people cant see the exact profile of that mask and Paul's. For all we know its Paul's only not painted and the eyes haven't been cut yet.

When you have the mask in hand you would realize that there is no debate in whether or not the h4 mask is a kirk mask. It is mply a life cast to be done up like a kirk mask and they even screwed up the deburns and if you really look at the school "Kirk" the hair line is exactly the same as Paul's. I had to get that hairline and I will tell you its the same guys. I don't know what else to really say about this.
quietonthesetstudios Wednesday 2/11/2009 at 12:26 AM | 35301
It's always been thought that the mask was made from a DP Jr. lifecast. In fact, Sam and I thought months ago that, that's what it was. Now whether or not, Sam still feels that way, only he can answer. It was never a KIRK though. A somewhat modified "THE MASK" has to also be included, as it has alot of the same featuers to it.

We can all guess now as to what the mask really is, but come march at the convention, then we'll all know what it is for sure. Ken Horne, the FX guy that made the mask, will let everyone know what it is.

Until then, we can all have fun debating it's true origins.
SithLord Wednesday 2/11/2009 at 12:26 AM | 35302
If i was smart enough, i would crop an image showing the screen cap of the "blonde scene" but enhance the DE BURN . ..

didnt it look a little loose?!? like it wasnt glued on properly?
DEUSEXMACHINA222 Wednesday 2/11/2009 at 01:00 AM | 35316
If i was smart enough, i would crop an image showing the screen cap of the "blonde scene" but enhance the DE BURN . ..

if anyone has that scene I would be happy to enhance it for ya. I always wondered why the added the de burns to the mask in the first place....
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 2/11/2009 at 01:04 AM | 35317
well, i honestly think they thought it would be a BAD ASS mask (and i agree) for myers to use an unconverted kirk. . forwhatever reason (maybe the negatives didnt look good whatever) they deded to convert it back to a myers. .

maybe after pisng Don Post off, that they figured that the likeness to the kirk (which post owns) was too great so they had to convert it. . .

::shrug::
DEUSEXMACHINA222 Wednesday 2/11/2009 at 01:16 AM | 35319

if anyone has that scene I would be happy to enhance it for ya. I always wondered why the added the de burns to the mask in the first place.... ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm go to the screencaps section you know darn well i got that thing loaded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny Bisco Wednesday 2/11/2009 at 01:23 AM | 35322
Regardless of whatever the mask ends up being, it's going to be grand. The movie itself was great, I thought. My second favorite in the series, in fact. Tell me that the opening title sequence, wasn't what HalloweeN should be?? That SCREAMED HalloweeN to me.
SithLord Wednesday 2/11/2009 at 01:25 AM | 35324