Forums Horror Collectibles
The Official Friday the 13th (2009) discussion thread!

I'm really excited for all of you to get caught up and see this movie so we can talk about it!

UPDATE: I moved this thread into the Horror and Film discuson area in hopes it gets more viewers (plus this film already has a review thread in the Movie review section) Dashape
MoJoe Wednesday 2/11/2009 at 01:33 AM | 35325
Hell yeah dude! Thought all of us want to watch this shit!!!!

We have already a thread for it! Check it out. Lots of pics and info!

viewtopic.php?f=131&t=834

Cheers!
LÜCKMANN Wednesday 2/11/2009 at 04:03 PM | 35370
i hopeing to see it tomorrow
jad Thursday 2/12/2009 at 07:24 PM | 35499
yawn..............Waiting for something original.
Remakes are Garbage Friday 2/13/2009 at 08:28 AM | 35554
DWN Productions Friday 2/13/2009 at 01:41 PM | 35580
I'll post information tomorrow about it, probably. I'm going to see it tonight.
KeeterZ Friday 2/13/2009 at 06:23 PM | 35632
I'm seeing it on the 15th

lukeslashernut Friday 2/13/2009 at 06:47 PM | 35641
I'm seeing it on the 15th But that's not the 13th! nner!
KeeterZ Friday 2/13/2009 at 08:23 PM | 35665
well Ain't u smart.....sorry lol not but the 13th being today I can't get to see it till sunday
lukeslashernut Friday 2/13/2009 at 08:28 PM | 35667
well Ain't u smart.....sorry lol not but the 13th being today I can't get to see it till sunday

I'm definitely looking forward to it tonight. I've got my tickets, taking the woman and a few friends (1 who has a ck Jason tat on his leg), going to buy a few beers and enjoy.

I'll post my opinions on it probably Saturday.
KeeterZ Friday 2/13/2009 at 08:36 PM | 35672

You'll be waiting for awhile. There are no more ideas out there. The movies that are trying to be original are ones that end up like One Missed Call, and Pulse, and shit like that. It's absurd some of the "original" movies they are making now.

It's either remake it, or make it about an exorcism, and even those are just ok.
KeeterZ Friday 2/13/2009 at 08:38 PM | 35674

You'll be waiting for awhile. There are no more ideas out there. The movies that are trying to be original are ones that end up like One Missed Call, and Pulse, and shit like that. It's absurd some of the "original" movies they are making now.

It's either remake it, or make it about an exorcism, and even those are just ok. those movies you just mentioned ARE remakes thats why they SUCK!
Johnny Bisco Friday 2/13/2009 at 11:11 PM | 35721
I'm really having a hard time with this one. I liked it very much, it just seems like I'm trying to find something wrong with it. I'm going to see it a few more times then I'm sure I'll be alright with it. The only dissapointment I had, really, was that they didn't use the gnature ch ch ch ah ah ah sound hardly at all. But the score was pretty good.
DrenTheLiar Saturday 2/14/2009 at 02:07 AM | 35756
I really loved it!
Michael Aspinwall Saturday 2/14/2009 at 02:35 AM | 35762
I really liked the new Friday

. . . but Bisco has good points.

All the remakes are just Hollywood stealing old school ideas trying to make a buck . . . yes, I'm having a good time reviting old ideas but I never forget the sole reason why they are making remakes -to make money!

Much of the "art" is lost in the remakes.

Now, can I enjoy some of these remakes? . . .sure I can.

I see many of them as nice tributes plus I'm not married to the originals and the originals will always be there for me to watch in case a remake sucks bad.However, the only way to enjoy a remake is to have an open mind when going in (this doesn't by any means guarantees you will like every ngle remake you see) and it gives you more hope of not feeling like you wasted your money.

I try to go in as unbiased as posble and make my decion based on a couple things . . . .

-did it keep me entertained?

-Is it good when not compared to the original? -did it pay it's respects to the original?

Now, if I walked into remake as a sole, biased fan boy of an original because I just love it so much (which I admit I have a few movies out there that I would get furious over a remake) then yeah . .. . there's a 50 - 80% chance you are NOT going to like it.

Is it wrong to go into a remake biased?

Absolutely not!

Us fans take ownership of films we grew up with and to see something that we relate with our past tampered with can be VERY upsetting.

Plus, we the TRUE fans (not the general audience) aren't nearly as stupid as hollywood thinks we are . . . .and I honestly am still undecided if Hollywood is targeting fans or the general audience when it comes to these remakes.

We all know they only make remakes because they are so cheap to make (most of them in the past decade at least) and they can churn a profit.

From an executive's decion remakes make PERFECT sense.Now I think Bisco is DEAD ON, if everybody would stop seeing remakes they would fade away . . . this is true.

However, I believe that many people in the general audience hardly know when a movie is a remake.

I can't tell you how many conversations I've had with people who don't know "Last House on the Left" is a remake.

I'm sure these remakes will fade over time, just like all other film fads . . . but the fan boy de of me wants them to end however the buness/collector de of me wants it to continue for a while longer.
DaShape Saturday 2/14/2009 at 02:43 AM | 35768
Well said man.

I totally agree.

I both hate and love remakes.

Some are good and some aren't.

I just don't let it bother me anymore.Like tonight, when I saw the new movie...

As we were leaving, some kids were walking in front of me and one girl turned to a boy and asked if he had ever seen any of the older Fridays.

He said, "No... I saw bits of one of them though.."

I felt old...

BUT, I was reminded why remakes can sometimes be good.

That kid may end up being a huge horror fan and going on to watch the original films... and so on..

Remakes, if done halfway respectively, can actually bring in fans that otherwise wouldn't have wasted their time on the older film mply because it's old.

This remake really felt like a good one, and it's great to see more kids scared of Jason again...

And at least it spreads the legend to a new generation.

DarkArtist81 Saturday 2/14/2009 at 06:45 AM | 35826
Well said man.

I totally agree.

I both hate and love remakes.

Some are good and some aren't.

I just don't let it bother me anymore.Like tonight, when I saw the new movie...

As we were leaving, some kids were walking in front of me and one girl turned to a boy and asked if he had ever seen any of the older Fridays.

He said, "No... I saw bits of one of them though.."

I felt old...

BUT, I was reminded why remakes can sometimes be good.

That kid may end up being a huge horror fan and going on to watch the original films... and so on..

Remakes, if done halfway respectively, can actually bring in fans that otherwise wouldn't have wasted their time on the older film mply because it's old.

This remake really felt like a good one, and it's great to see more kids scared of Jason again...

And at least it spreads the legend to a new generation.

very well said Josh!!!!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 2/14/2009 at 06:52 AM | 35827
Good points guys.....Im going to talk about this and refer to TRUE new horror fans....not bobby and sue who go see anything that comes out on their weekend date. I think most of us here who have kids or will have kids one day will agree that our offspring will most likely follow in our foot steps right? I have an 8 and 9 year old and the LOVE "Monster Squad"; "Critters"; "Creepshow".......Im getting them in slowly-nothing crazy yet. Now ive noticed that as much as they love some of the clascs that I grew up on the boys are very keen on the difference of movie technology and while they loved some of the said films they do make comments about it looking "fake" or "funny".....plus the muc; the clothes; the hair styles and even the way of talking is antiquated to them. I guarantee you kids would think the original HILLS HAVE EYES was corny or not scary but they'd love the remake. Could be a society thing. What Im getting at is that for the new young horror fans that might have dismissed or overlooked some of the old gems I think that a remake can spark an interest in finding out about the original. Films like FRIDAY or HALLOWEEN are iconic but sadly there will come a day when less iconic films become ghosts. Remakes might spark an interest in resurecting these old gems. For me I hate seeing the films I love be raped such as the case in LHOTL. There are exceptions like TCM though....and FRIDAY looks proming as well.

Lets also face it....remakes wouldn't be made unless the owners of these films who are usually the creators didnt sell the rights.

I think also lets face it......you make a movie about a guy with a mask stalking and killing "you're ripping off Myers or Jason"....you make a cannibal film..oh shit you bit off Deodato! etc etc. Theres that whole attitude as well. I realise Im ranting...... ......I guess remake or not....GIVE US GOOD FILMS!!!
ny ghoul Saturday 2/14/2009 at 07:10 AM | 35834
I not long watched it today and really enjoyed it

lukeslashernut Sunday 2/15/2009 at 04:26 PM | 35963
The only reason that studios like Fox, Columbia, Universal and so on are making remakes is because they know that they will get money. And if you got a good management, commercials, toys it is 100% that they will get profit. We all know that Halloween, Friday the 13th and other movies have a lot of fans around the world. This are the clascs!!!!! The studios and other corporations also know that, and they are going to use that. And I am sure that if remakes are going to make profit they will still shooting remakes. That is how you make profit! We got so many books and comics. They could ealy do a new movie based on a book or a comic. But why use the books and comics if the remakes are making money?! The studios are not asking themselfs "what would be a great movie" but they are asking themselfs "what would bring money". That is economy!
Klempo Sunday 2/15/2009 at 08:15 PM | 35973
The only reason that studios like Fox, Columbia, Universal and so on are making remakes is because they know that they will get money. And if you got a good management, commercials, toys it is 100% that they will get profit. We all know that Halloween, Friday the 13th and other movies have a lot of fans around the world. This are the clascs!!!!! The studios and other corporations also know that, and they are going to use that. And I am sure that if remakes are going to make profit they will still shooting remakes. That is how you make profit! We got so many books and comics. They could ealy do a new movie based on a book or a comic. But why use the books and comics if the remakes are making money?! The studios are not asking themselfs "what would be a great movie" but they are asking themselfs "what would bring money". That is economy

you are 100% right Klempo!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 2/15/2009 at 08:23 PM | 35976
So at the end you have a choice! Or you are gonna see the remake or you are going to boycott the remake and force the studios and other corporations to do new movies with new stories. Cause in the end people will choose. We can choose!

Cause if we are going to choose to see the remakes they will still shoot the remakes. This is a very easy way to earn money. People already know about this movie, they do not need to buy rights to this movie cause they already got them. They have everything what they need for success. Short - to make the profit.

And like I said we are the one who will have to choose if they will still make the remakes in the future. If we will choose to see the movie I can ealy tell you... Friday the 13th, Psycho, Ring, Wolfman, Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Hellraiser, Omen, Dracula, Frankenstein and many others will not be the last one. Studios don't give a f... about you, people, fans they are just there for the money. Nothing else.
Klempo Sunday 2/15/2009 at 11:03 PM | 35984
Hell K. I need agree with ya, but F13th remake couldn't only pass by.

We could stop see RZ sequels for Halloween? Or a remake for ANOES? Think about it...
LÜCKMANN Monday 2/16/2009 at 12:36 PM | 36058
I just spoke with Derek Mears, getting him the winners name and address from our F-13 Countdown contest. The guy is just a great guy. He said he was blown away at the opening numbers Friday the 13th did and he hoped he did the Jason role justice. Just wanted to pass that on to you guys....

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 2/17/2009 at 12:49 AM | 36145
I just spoke with Derek Mears, getting him the winners name and address from our F-13 Countdown contest. The guy is just a great guy. He said he was blown away at the opening numbers Friday the 13th did and he hoped he did the Jason role justice. Just wanted to pass that on to you guys....

That's good to hear.

While the film did have some parts I didn't care for, Derek Mears performance was definitely not one of them.

He made a great, impong, intelligent Jason.

Hopefully they'll bring him back for the future installments.
gummi Tuesday 2/17/2009 at 01:05 AM | 36150

That's good to hear.

While the film did have some parts I didn't care for, Derek Mears performance was definitely not one of them.

He made a great, impong, intelligent Jason.

Hopefully they'll bring him back for the future installments.

without a doubt I would assume he will be back. Especially condering the numbers this film put up in it's first weekend. Regardless of what you think about the film and all us fan boys will delve into everything we didn't like I think we all can agree Derek did a fantastic job. It really isn't an easy role to pull off and I thought his performance was maybe the best I have seen, sorry Kane Hodder.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 2/17/2009 at 01:53 AM | 36161
I watched it for the first time last night and I have to say I really enjoyed it. I'll even go as far as saying that I like it more than any of the others. I think Derek Mears did a fantastic job of playing Jason and I like how they've changed Jason from a lumbering killer too a fast moving, devious and intelligent killer. My favourite scene out of the whole film was the shower scene. There is one part of that scene in particular that I liked. The camera cuts to Jason's face as he's about to kill that girl. I loved how he just glared at the camera. However, no matter how fast and intelligent he is now, he's still no match for Michael Myers.
Sourfacedbastard Tuesday 2/17/2009 at 05:06 PM | 36253
I watched it for the first time last night and I have to say I really enjoyed it. I'll even go as far as saying that I like it more than any of the others. I think Derek Mears did a fantastic job of playing Jason and I like how they've changed Jason from a lumbering killer too a fast moving, devious and intelligent killer. My favourite scene out of the whole film was the shower scene. There is one part of that scene in particular that I liked. The camera cuts to Jason's face as he's about to kill that girl. I loved how he just glared at the camera. However, no matter how fast and intelligent he is now, he's still no match for Michael Myers. I loved that scene too

The new Jason is definetly a winner in my book
kaizu Tuesday 2/17/2009 at 08:55 PM | 36273
They're definitely going in the right direction with this veron of Jason.
Sourfacedbastard Tuesday 2/17/2009 at 10:06 PM | 36295
There was so much wrong with this movie. the gore was kept to a minimum, i dont know if it was because it got cut. it felt more like a texas chainsaw movie more than a Friday movie. the first half before the title was really good but after that it went down hill. Derek did an amazing job as Jason imo. The score was awful, but all in all i was just happy to see Jason back on the big screen plus it wasnt as bad as some of the sequels.
timbs2007 Wednesday 2/18/2009 at 06:07 PM | 36436

That's awesome...

He really did nail the part, definitely my favorite Jason of all time.
DarkArtist81 Thursday 2/19/2009 at 08:32 PM | 36627
Same here, Josh.

It's by far better than CJ Graham. Not better than Hodder, sure....
LÜCKMANN Friday 2/20/2009 at 01:36 PM | 36701
Mears really did do a great job. Overall the film waspretty good too. I'd give it a 7/10.
Bloodwave DVD Friday 2/20/2009 at 06:10 PM | 36723
Mears really did do a great job. Overall the film waspretty good too. I'd give it a 7/10.

7? Are you sure about it? Poor Mears...
LÜCKMANN Friday 2/20/2009 at 09:17 PM | 36732