Forums Horror Movie Talk
À l'intérieur aka Inside, and High Tension

I don't feel that these two films deserved a thread of their own, but I wanted to see what you guys thought.

I must say that the french put out two pretty solid gore flicks.

Some SPOILERS!

Inde is about a pregnant woman about to birth her child. The movie starts off with a couple driving, and then BAM! Car accident. Nothing comes about it at all, except that we learn the husband died, and she lived. It was obviously a foreshadowing of events to come. Duh. The movie picks up with her meeting her doctor and scheduling an appointment the next morning to hopefully get the kid out. She stays in her house all by herself, and all of a sudden, late at night, a stranger comes to the door asking to come in and use the phone (if i'm not mistaken). She shoes the stranger away, and then she comes back to her back door and hits the glass door putting a nice dent in it. Police are called, they find nothing, and the intruder somehow gets in.

Then, the rest of the movie is about the prego woman's fight to stay alive from the woman that obviously wants to kill her and the baby. A few people get hacked and it's the ultimate gore fest. The movie is thrilling as well, and has a solid ending that explains the very beginning.High Tenon is a disturbing movie about 2 girls that go to their parents house in the middle of nowhere. The movie starts off with a bang after about 20 minutes with a decapitation, and an interesting scene in which the killer takes a decapitated head and masterbates. Pretty ck. Regardless, this is another gorefest that has the slasher mentality with the main killer being ck, in more than one way (mentally and phycally).

These were two very solid movies that all slasher/horror lovers need to see, IMO. Obviously there are subtitles, but we're not watching these movies for the dialogue, so it really doesn't matter.

What are your guys' thoughts?
KeeterZ Friday 2/13/2009 at 08:01 PM | 35659
cant say ive ever seen them are they available on dvd?
Johnny Bisco Friday 2/13/2009 at 08:03 PM | 35660
cant say ive ever seen them are they available on dvd?

Yes r, I just went to Blockbuster and rented them.

Inde came out in 2008. High Tenon was '05 if I remember correctly.

I definitely recommend them if you love the gore.
KeeterZ Friday 2/13/2009 at 08:21 PM | 35664
Two of the best horrors of the past 10 years....ealy. France has got a KILLER horror scene going. If you want to get "High Tenon" go on fleebay and get the French veron....uncut with subs. CK movie. The US veron is dubbed which blows and has about 11 seconds of gore trimmed away. INDE is also ck ck ck! total atmosphere and EXCELLENT f/x. The directors were the tandem that were going to do H2.
ny ghoul Friday 2/13/2009 at 10:30 PM | 35711
Two of the best horrors of the past 10 years....ealy. France has got a KILLER horror scene going. If you want to get "High Tenon" go on fleebay and get the French veron....uncut with subs. CK movie. The US veron is dubbed which blows and has about 11 seconds of gore trimmed away. INDE is also ck ck ck! total atmosphere and EXCELLENT f/x. The directors were the tandem that were going to do H2.

Interesting stuff. I agree about how great the fx were. I never knew the french were putting out movies like this, and I hope they keep it up. These are movies that I can actually watch and enjoy, instead of being forced to watch movies like One Missed Call and Pulse, lol.
KeeterZ Friday 2/13/2009 at 10:32 PM | 35712
Some other cool French films that you need to check out are: SHAITAN; FRONTIERS; IRREVERBLE; and the uber twisted CALVERE (french/belgian) They are miles ahead of American mainstream horror. Germany and Japan also put out some good stuff but they are more of an acquired taste kinda thing. German and Japanese flicks are very depraved lol.
ny ghoul Friday 2/13/2009 at 10:52 PM | 35715
Some other cool French films that you need to check out are: SHAITAN; FRONTIERS; IRREVERBLE; and the uber twisted CALVERE (french/belgian) They are miles ahead of American mainstream horror. Germany and Japan also put out some good stuff but they are more of an acquired taste kinda thing. German and Japanese flicks are very depraved lol.

After watching Audition, I decided I should probably not watch anymore Japanese flicks.

That movie made me fall asleep until the last 25 minutes or so.

They go from just having a conversation, to cutting some guys legs off and having him drink his own vomit.

I may give them another chance though.
KeeterZ Friday 2/13/2009 at 10:59 PM | 35718
you want to watch a depraved japanese flick check out crazy lips

i wont give the plot away but man there is some twisted shit going on in that movies..............
Johnny Bisco Friday 2/13/2009 at 11:17 PM | 35726
I enjoyed High Tenon.

It had an original story, which makes anything special these days.

Also, who could forget that throat slash scene, definitely one of the most memorable and graphic I've seen in a mainstream movie (I saw the French veron).
gummi Friday 2/13/2009 at 11:51 PM | 35737
INDE, FRONTIERS, and THEM. 3 of the most disturbing movies I've seen i a very long time. Be sure to check out the next French nasty MARTYERS.
SithLord Saturday 2/14/2009 at 01:05 AM | 35751
I'm a HUGE fan of "High Tenon" (if you've not seen this movie, I'm pretty sure it's still on the free spot via fearnet).

It's a must with subtitles, don't use the english dubbing . .. it takes away from the movie.
DaShape Saturday 2/14/2009 at 02:04 AM | 35755
Home invaons always get me and the one in HAUTE TENON was flat out ck. I think the one thing that scares me most is a doorbell ringing at like real late when your asleep. The sound shatters the lence and it can't mean something good. When you see the truck driving up to the house and the doorbell rings.....when it was done i shut all my windows and double checked the doors!
ny ghoul Saturday 2/14/2009 at 03:58 AM | 35791
Yeah, both movies are just flat out creepy.

Good horror movies are ones that you can put yourself in and realize that you'd be scared shitless.

You can't put yourself in Freddy, Jason, or Michael Myers because they just aren't real, and it's not realistic.

But it's very realistic in this day and age that some stranger comes to your door late at night and starts to creep around your place.

SPOILER!

The part on Inde that freaked me out the most was when the killer was standing outde the glass window and you could barely see her when the main character was turned the oppote way.

Then, the guy in High Tenon just walks in and shoves a guy's head through some bars on the stairs and takes his head off with a desk or something.

They are just great, original horror movies, and you can't get that often, anymore.
KeeterZ Saturday 2/14/2009 at 04:47 AM | 35802
Both are GREAAAT movies! Totally love French films; they're so twisted and gory!

Both have their moments, but man...Inde is probably my favourite. Sooooooo many good moments in that movie!
lollirot Saturday 2/14/2009 at 05:49 AM | 35808
Yeah....its such a bleak and bereft film....and is it me or are the kills so realistic.
ny ghoul Saturday 2/14/2009 at 05:29 PM | 35872
HT is pretty dope but the ending is a complete fucking cop out

i did not like inde it was ok but I really dont care for the movies that try and be hardcore and edy for the sake of being hardcore and edgy
DWN Productions Saturday 2/14/2009 at 07:08 PM | 35888
yeah man i agree in a way about HT's ending...i woulda prefered the old guy as the killer. As for INDE.....I didnt think there was much gore fore gore's sake. the only quip i had was that the older bitch had like super powers lol.
ny ghoul Sunday 2/15/2009 at 04:58 AM | 35939
^ There can never be such a thing as too much gore. And, I agree with the older woman having super powers...that and the cop guy...he...idk, why he got up.
lollirot Sunday 2/15/2009 at 06:00 PM | 35968
Never seen Inde.

But High Tenon was great. Unlike some, i enjoyed the twist ending.
Bones Friday 2/27/2009 at 11:40 AM | 37881
Never seen Inde.

But High Tenon was great. Unlike some, i enjoyed the twist ending.

I also enjoyed it, but I think they could've done it a better way, because when you look at it, it's nearly imposble to tell that the blonde chick was the murderer. It was like they had the guy killer, and then just switched to the blonde and was like "Bam, there's your twist!". Lol.

Go see Inde. Rent it from Netflix or Blockbuster. Fantastic film.
KeeterZ Tuesday 3/03/2009 at 06:30 PM | 38372