Forums Horror Movie Talk
PLANET TERROR

The first of the two GrindHouse films.Booman had never seen this so we picked it up the other night and I still really liked this film.

Could Rose McGowan posbly be any hotter than she is in this flick? (even with one leg?).

Not that I would EVER do this but you can see why the films director Robert Rodriguez would leave his wife and kids for this little Cherry Darling.

First off, talk about an all star cast . . . I'm not going to even waste time listing them.

Probably my favorite thing about PLANET TERROR is the old skool grainy film quality they added to the picture.

It actually adds so much more to the movie than you'd think.

Pretty much and government deal gone bad releases toxic chemicals into the air that transforms any human it comes into contact with into a flesh craving, deformed zombie.

There are a few survivors (who are immune to the virus or chemicals - whatever) who band together and try to get out of town and in turn discover the origins of this deadly outbreak.

This film is sooooo far fetched and that's what makes it sooooooo good.

How does Cherry shoot her leg cannon without pulling the trigger?

Who cares!!!!

How did Rob get Bruce Willis to be in this movie?

Who Cares!!!!!!!Planet Terror is a super fun movie and if you like horror that's a bit campy than you'll really be down with this grindhouse fashion film.

DaShape Saturday 2/14/2009 at 03:02 AM | 35776
Planet terror runs shit Death Proof not so much.
DWN Productions Saturday 2/14/2009 at 03:11 AM | 35778
I actually liked Death Proof more than Planet Terror. Don't get me wrong, Planet Terror a great ride, but I really dug just about everything Death Proof had to offer. Both are awesome flicks.
Myers31TKD Saturday 2/14/2009 at 03:42 AM | 35784
Planet Terror is bad ass.....as mentioned already the cast was amazing! incredible! the dialogue was funny and witty (as opposed to Death Proof where it seemed contrived and forced ade from Stunt man Mike) The gore was on full force and the color/film treatment was excellent...lots of reds and greens and with the grainy look it was total early 80's. Loved it!
ny ghoul Saturday 2/14/2009 at 04:01 AM | 35793
when i saw this in the theatre i liked planter terror better than death proof

but after i got the extended dvds i found myself liking death proof better

still a fun movie for sure and wow it WASNT A REMAKE DO YOU HEAR THAT HOLLYWOOD???????
Johnny Bisco Saturday 2/14/2009 at 04:11 PM | 35861
Whoo Hoo!! Evan knows I'm a die hard fan of Grindhouse!! Rose Mcgowan at her finest

6set DVD

kaizu Saturday 2/14/2009 at 05:52 PM | 35878
are there any fantastic extas on there?

Like FX shit from PT or anything?

If I still had my Grindhouse banner hannging in the shop I woulda took a pic of me in front of it with on of my cko masks photoshopped infront of it
DWN Productions Saturday 2/14/2009 at 06:37 PM | 35881

If I still had my Grindhouse banner hannging in the shop I woulda took a pic of me in front of it with on of my cko masks photoshopped infront of it The 2 discs on the left and right are the extended verons that are sold seperately in the states.They do include awesome making scenes, if you haven't seen them.

The 2 in the middle...One is the 3 hour Grindhouse double feature with all the fake trailers. The 2nd disc is more behind the scenes,extended interviews, interviews with the directors of the fake trailers,Highlights from comicon,,,etc It's in region2

*Edit*

BTW the apect ratio of the ngle extended release and the Grindhouse veron is different. If I remember correctly,Grindhouse is in cinescope
kaizu Saturday 2/14/2009 at 06:48 PM | 35883

If I still had my Grindhouse banner hannging in the shop I woulda took a pic of me in front of it with on of my cko masks photoshopped infront of it The 2 discs on the left and right are the extended verons that are sold seperately in the states.They do include awesome making scenes, if you haven't seen them.

The 2 in the middle...One is the 3 hour Grindhouse cut with all the fake trailers. The 2nd disc is more behind the scenes,extended interviews, interviews with the directors of the fake trailers,Highlights from comicon,,,etc It's in region2

how come movies made in america dont get the cool releases like on overseas? ive been bitching forever that the true grindhouse never came out with all the fake trailers bunch of BS
Johnny Bisco Saturday 2/14/2009 at 06:55 PM | 35884

The 2 in the middle...One is the 3 hour Grindhouse cut with all the fake trailers. The 2nd disc is more behind the scenes,extended interviews, interviews with the directors of the fake trailers,Highlights from comicon,,,etc It's in region2

how come movies made in america dont get the cool releases like on overseas? ive been bitching forever that the true grindhouse never came out with all the fake trailers bunch of BS DVDs are to pricey in Japan

You guys get to choose from rated to unrated to extended to directors cut while most releases down here are just a ngle veron of the film

And also Grindhouse and KillBill were both a huge hit in Japan. At least you guys get all the cool Anchor Bay stuff
kaizu Saturday 2/14/2009 at 07:05 PM | 35886
so if i have the planet terror 3 disc tin am I good or should I hunt down a torrent or bootleg from this set?

and on that not I think I'm most pissed about the phantasm sphere collection we got hosed out of
DWN Productions Saturday 2/14/2009 at 07:06 PM | 35887
so if i have the planet terror 3 disc tin am I good or should I hunt down a torrent or bootleg from this set?

and on that not I think I'm most pissed about the phantasm sphere collection we got hosed out of 3 disc tin or double disc extended is good enough I believe

Unless you want more Rose McGowan and a different veron of the film the 6 disc is the best.
kaizu Saturday 2/14/2009 at 07:12 PM | 35889
I'm not a big Rose fan not saying I suck dick I'm just not down with the ass chin.Thanks for the info
DWN Productions Saturday 2/14/2009 at 07:16 PM | 35891
Yeah the Phantasm sphere set is ck......I think theres so many killer releases in Europe and Aa (the grindhouse set; the Last House on the LEft brit edition) that its a good idea to pick up a PAL player. Theres a cheapo DVD player at Target that plays PAL dvds..its like under $40. Or you can still watch them on your computer. You can find a lot of the PAL flicks on ebay and get them for the same price as American releases.
ny ghoul Sunday 2/15/2009 at 02:50 AM | 35928
Yeah the Phantasm sphere set is ck......I think theres so many killer releases in Europe and Aa (the grindhouse set; the Last House on the LEft brit edition) that its a good idea to pick up a PAL player. Theres a cheapo DVD player at Target that plays PAL dvds..its like under $40. Or you can still watch them on your computer. You can find a lot of the PAL flicks on ebay and get them for the same price as American releases. Exactly! I got my region free player ; can also take PAL, for only 50 bucks

I use it almost everyday and its my 3rd year with no problems!

PAL is more expenve than Japanese releases so getting them secondhand or from the bay is the way to go
kaizu Sunday 2/15/2009 at 07:21 AM | 35953
i wased that keen on Death Proof i wanted to see planet terror it looks like a good film
jad Sunday 2/15/2009 at 10:50 AM | 35958
I'm not a big Rose fan not saying I suck dick I'm just not down with the ass chin.Thanks for the info

LMFAO! Tom you kill me! You at the very least are always brutally honest! By the way I love Planet Terror, great film!!!!!!!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 2/17/2009 at 01:43 AM | 36159
I like both...though I liked planet terror more.

kweandee Tuesday 2/17/2009 at 10:38 PM | 36310

I have that poster of Planet Terror. Also a Deathproof one. I have to say I liked Planet Terror more out of the two. Although when Kurt flies over the one girls car in Deathproof ripping their heads off, I have to say that was pretty sweet.
Malina Sunday 2/22/2009 at 01:55 AM | 36942

I have that poster of Planet Terror. Also a Deathproof one. I have to say I liked Planet Terror more out of the two. Although when Kurt flies over the one girls car in Deathproof ripping their heads off, I have to say that was pretty sweet. Love that poster

I have the standard one with just Cherry facing forward
kaizu Tuesday 2/24/2009 at 03:16 PM | 37339
I loved Planet Terror. Much better than Death Proof imo.
Bones Friday 2/27/2009 at 10:55 AM | 37876

lulz

I too, am not a fan of the ass chin...But with rose, Id make an exception.....
Bones Friday 2/27/2009 at 11:01 AM | 37877
http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/29/l_5ef0d3649b8aa68e099ae8c067df7d32.
Bones Friday 2/27/2009 at 11:04 AM | 37878
http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/1/l_0ebf2662b14d742e4f6db415bc5f0930.
Bones Friday 2/27/2009 at 11:05 AM | 37879