Forums Off Topic
Indiana Jones and the Holy Grail

Alright something is bugging me and I want answers damnit! We all know in the Last Crusade Sean Conner's character Henry Jones Sr. takes a few swigs from the Holy Grail. The Grail is supposed to provide ever lasting life to whoever drinks from it and takes life from those who drink from the wrong cup.

Fast forward to Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, now ole Hank Jones is dead as a door nail? I don't get it?

R.I.P HANK JONES SR.

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 2/16/2009 at 10:04 PM | 36110
you remain immortal as long as you do not cross the seal on the floor of the chamber....Henry crossed it...therefore he is no longer immortal....

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Monday 2/16/2009 at 11:42 PM | 36130
you remain immortal as long as you do not cross the seal on the floor of the chamber....Henry crossed it...therefore he is no longer immortal....

take care, Tommy

yeah that is what Fenner just told me. The way I understood that was you couldn't take the grail with you but you still lived eternal. I mean if you have to keep drinking from it how do you know how much to drink? And can you pop open a diet coke and drink that from it. I am of course joking around but the "lore" doesn't hold up as well to me this way. I always thought once you took a p of the cup of Christ you lived on forever. I didn't picture you pping holy water from a big gulp.

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 2/16/2009 at 11:55 PM | 36131
Thanks Justin!

You just gave me another reason to never watch this movie!

gummi Tuesday 2/17/2009 at 12:08 AM | 36136
Thanks Justin!

You just gave me another reason to never watch this movie!now wait just a minute. Your kidding right G-man? You've see the last crusade?
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 2/17/2009 at 12:36 AM | 36140
Thanks Justin!

You just gave me another reason to never watch this movie!now wait just a minute. Your kidding right G-man? You've see the last crusade?

Oh God no!

I was talking about The Crystal Skull.

I love The Last Crusade, it's my favorite of the franchise, slightly edging out the original.
gummi Tuesday 2/17/2009 at 01:09 AM | 36151
Thanks Justin!

Oh God no!

I was talking about The Crystal Skull.

I love The Last Crusade, it's my favorite of the franchise, slightly edging out the original.

LMAO!!!! DUDE I WAS GOING TO FLY TO YOUR HOUSE WITH THE DVD IN TOW IF YOU HADN'T SEE IT! It's one of my all time favorite movies. Now your not misng much with the Crystal Skull. Joel and I have talked lengths about that movie and we both agree there was WAY too much CGI.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 2/17/2009 at 01:39 AM | 36157
i enjoyed the crystal skull. Was it far fetched...yep...was there way too much CGI...yep...but did i enjoy myself....yep.

Seriously, Just seeing Indy and Marion was enough for me to t through the film.....

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Tuesday 2/17/2009 at 03:01 AM | 36172
Im a huge grail fanatic...I read any and all books on the topic. Love it. So naturally the LAST CRUSADE is one of my FAVS!!!!! And I love Indie. My least favourite was the 2nd. I wasn't blown away by the Crystal Skull but it definately had some KILLER scenes!
ny ghoul Tuesday 2/17/2009 at 04:27 AM | 36180
I agree with Tommy, I always interpreted as you can't cross the seal . . .that was the boundary of the grail and the price of immortality.

Pretty much being stuck in that cave forever.

If you crossed the seal, cave collapses, you die, not immortal . . . . don't cross seal, cave doesn't collapse, live forever, super bored.

de note, I really enjoyed the Crystal Skull . . . probably more than most people but the thing the hurt it (in my eyes) was all the CGI . . . just didn't fit in with the others.

I wouldn't have minded it here and there but they used too much me thinks.
DaShape Tuesday 2/17/2009 at 06:19 AM | 36190
If you crossed the seal, cave collapses, you die, not immortal . . . . don't cross seal, cave doesn't collapse, live forever, super bored.

HAHAHAHAHAAH! I guess you would be pretty darn board stuck there. But hey the Knight could be super fun to mess with. Do some office style pranks on him, etc.

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 2/17/2009 at 06:42 AM | 36194
my question is . . . . did he have to use water in the grail or could he use some good old Pabst Blue Ribbon
DaShape Tuesday 2/17/2009 at 06:52 AM | 36200