Forums Horror Collectibles
The NEW FREDDY KRUEGER?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!??!!?!??!!?

I got this info from the movieblog:

Right on the heels of announcing that Samuel Bayer would direct the Nightmare on Elm Street remake, we get a hint at who could posbly fill the dreamwalking shoes of Freddy Krueger. Unconfirmed rumours seem to point to Jackie Earl Haley.

Latino Review says:Michael Bay’s Platinum Dunes and New Line have already hired a director for the reboot of “Nightmare on Elm Street,” bringing on Samuel Bayer to direct the reimagining of the Wes Craven clasc.You know who Platinum Dunes is looking at for the role of Freddy Krueger?According to my guys… JACKIE EARLE HALEY None other than Rorschach himself

Just to note, Jackie Earle Haley is the actor who plays Rorschach in the upcoming EPIC "Watchmen" movie.

Rorschach is the fan favorite of the film (a psychopathic super hero) . . . .however I'm still saying they had better reinvent Freddy completely or else it just won't work.

Robert Englund's face IS Freddy Krueger and to try and have another actor imitate that just wouldn't work (me thinks).
DaShape Wednesday 2/18/2009 at 05:09 AM | 36369
hey a little nose extenon and I think that guy has the face to pull it off....
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 2/18/2009 at 05:17 AM | 36373
. . . .however I'm still saying they had better reinvent Freddy completely or else it just won't work.

Robert Englund's face IS Freddy Krueger and to try and have another actor imitate that just wouldn't work (me thinks).

I'm with you 100% on this one.

As much as I hate CGI in movies when it could have been done with live actors and a great FX studio, I'm really looking forward to seeing what they do with the dream sequences.

There's some twisted stuff posble now that could never have been done with traditional fake blood and props.
Snoballz Wednesday 2/18/2009 at 05:31 AM | 36377
. . . .however I'm still saying they had better reinvent Freddy completely or else it just won't work.

I'm with you 100% on this one.

As much as I hate CGI in movies when it could have been done with live actors and a great FX studio, I'm really looking forward to seeing what they do with the dream sequences.

There's some twisted stuff posble now that could never have been done with traditional fake blood and props.

Pretty much take the dream sequences from "THE CELL".

The Story wasn't that great but the CGI dream visuals were TOP NOTCH!!!
DaShape Wednesday 2/18/2009 at 06:38 AM | 36384
How many of you here have seen or remember the original Bad News Bears with Walter Matthau?? Anyway, this guy who plays in Watchman and now is reported to play Freddy, played the part of "Kelly" in the BNB's. He was the older one who road the mortorcycle, and was kind of the outder.
SithLord Wednesday 2/18/2009 at 07:58 AM | 36391
I think he can pull it off.....put it this way....I can think of a lot worse choices hollywood could have gone with.
ny ghoul Wednesday 2/18/2009 at 08:13 AM | 36392
Why they just don't stop crack our fav movie? And now they're going to destroy an icon from serial killers giving him another face, and who knows what else? I don't care if they make a Jason taller or fat, 'cos he wear a mask, so fuck! doesn't matter... But I'm sure ANOES remake it's a bad deal...
LÜCKMANN Wednesday 2/18/2009 at 07:06 PM | 36448
He is a great choice... Much much better than Billy Bob was.

Though I will miss Robert, I know he really doesn't have much left in him for future films.

DarkArtist81 Saturday 2/21/2009 at 05:02 AM | 36867
this movie is going to suck more c#$k than paris hilton in a home movie
Johnny Bisco Saturday 2/21/2009 at 12:04 PM | 36887
This guy has some

big shoes to fill in. I can say I wish this guy well playing Freddy, my heart is with Robert who played the serial killer so long. Maybe

if the fans are lucky,

Robert can do a cameo in the movie.

jasonchick Sunday 2/22/2009 at 02:04 AM | 36947
This guy is old, if they're going to cast an old guy as Freddy why not cast Robert Englund?

krueger4653 Sunday 2/22/2009 at 05:41 PM | 37012
^^^good point! I mean i dont mind the new guy but does anyone know why Robert isn't coming back? was it $$$? Im at a loss about that.
ny ghoul Sunday 2/22/2009 at 06:29 PM | 37014
This guy is old, if they're going to cast an old guy as Freddy why not cast Robert Englund?^^^good point! I mean i dont mind the new guy but does anyone know why Robert isn't coming back? was it $$$? Im at a loss about that.

I would assume it's because they want it to be something totally new. I mean you wouldn't remake a movie ung the same cast. It's tue that Robert Englund IS Freddy Krueger... but I'd say they're trying to reinvent the character with the remake. If you've got to remake it... then you have to truely remake it. We all want Robert because we've always seen him as Freddy and find it hard to picture anyone else playing that character... but they would never use him even if they could (and I'm sure they could...).
Myers31TKD Sunday 2/22/2009 at 10:30 PM | 37041
Great not many great horror movies left to butcher into a soulless money machines.Maybe one day when the lemmings stop giving them an audience,or they just run out of movies to remake,They'll make some new original horror.
Remakes are Garbage Tuesday 2/24/2009 at 01:24 AM | 37279
I'm still holding out for Star Wars and Battle Beyond the Stars remakes
Sourfacedbastard Tuesday 2/24/2009 at 02:50 PM | 37336
Looks good
TekNik Thursday 2/26/2009 at 08:29 PM | 37776
Hopefully, Hollywood wont butcher another clasc.

But, they prolly will.
Bones Friday 2/27/2009 at 10:13 AM | 37866
This guy is old, if they're going to cast an old guy as Freddy why not cast Robert Englund?^^^good point! I mean i dont mind the new guy but does anyone know why Robert isn't coming back? was it $$$? Im at a loss about that.

I would assume it's because they want it to be something totally new. I mean you wouldn't remake a movie ung the same cast. It's tue that Robert Englund IS Freddy Krueger... but I'd say they're trying to reinvent the character with the remake. If you've got to remake it... then you have to truely remake it. We all want Robert because we've always seen him as Freddy and find it hard to picture anyone else playing that character... but they would never use him even if they could (and I'm sure they could...).

You could be right. Althought I don't think that to do a remake it's needed new cast. You think F13th remake should be worst if Hodder was in it? I don't think so. Englund won't be on this, it's fact. I'm not happy at all knowing the eternal Freddy is out of a sequel only beacuse they want a new Freddy style. Englund was ALWAYS Freddy, differente then Jason. Why not recast him? I don't want believe that, in the end, is all about money... I thought Englund himself is not wanting to do part of it, at least I hope so...

LÜCKMANN Friday 2/27/2009 at 02:26 PM | 37895