Forums Horror Collectibles
Barker gives his blessing for Hellraiser Remake

Mr. Barker praised Pascal Laugier's take on the upcoming french horror film, "Martyrs" which will be shown for Free at this upcoming HorrorHound Weekend convention in March (in Indianapolis).

Laugier is suppose to be taking over the new "Hellraiser" remake and this is what Barker had to say about it:

"I fuckin' love Martyrs," he enthuses. "I'm glutton for intenty, extreme stuff. Martyrs is certainly extreme, it's a movie that has courage and commitment.

is someone who really, really cares about horror movies. I'm supposed to be seeing a treatment soon. I'm not certain but I believe he is going to back to the first movie but not with an obsessed loyalty. He's taking the first movie as a launching board, a rock model, but there are things you can obviously do now both visually and sexually. It was always a sexual movie. The censors

told me I had to cut a scene because it has spanking in it. You're telling me I can have the skinning, but I cant have the spanking? It's a different time, so I'm excited."

Barker also commented on that supposed "new" look of Pin head that we posted up a couple weeks ago. (See pic below)

"The whole point about Pinhead is that he is geometrically severe. Very measured and the energy of the character comes out of the fact that you have surgical precion which is part of a much larger, sadistic, maybe masochistic, degn. By turning the bloodless cuts or scarifications into bloody, irregular gashes removes the point of what made the character interesting in the first place."

DaShape Wednesday 2/18/2009 at 04:56 PM | 36431
All I have to say isOH NO
LÜCKMANN Wednesday 2/18/2009 at 07:01 PM | 36447