Forums Horror Collectibles
OK FELLA'S... I Need to Know WHO all would be interested...

IF THESE CUTS WERE MADE AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE ON HERE... WHO WOULD BE INTERESTED??? VOTE YAY OR NAY...

Thanks Much!!! --Ryan

Thanks Again! --Ryan

Harry Warden Saturday 2/21/2009 at 04:26 AM | 36855
Friday the 13's & Waxwork, Ryan. For me, that is.
SithLord Saturday 2/21/2009 at 07:39 AM | 36879
F13th's and Tales from the Crypt here, Ryan.

I'd like to have them all, but this two are quite good.
LÜCKMANN Saturday 2/21/2009 at 10:38 AM | 36883
What is the TV cut of New Blood like?
Michael Aspinwall Saturday 2/21/2009 at 05:41 PM | 36905

Nothing big about the TNN verons. I just recorded those a while back when they were doing a Marathon on tv. I thought it would make for a nice edition for people who like the little snips inbetween the commercials that says "This halloween, Take it from Jason, Where a flame retarded costume, Don't run with Sharp objects and where a mask that fits your face!!! The Friday The 13th Marathon Continues here, Only on the New TNN"

lol... and they show clips from the movies while they say that.

Remember there is no commercials. Just the movie and those 10 second snips in between...

--Ryan

Harry Warden Saturday 2/21/2009 at 07:28 PM | 36908
i am interested in several of them depending upon the price Ryan.

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Saturday 2/21/2009 at 09:58 PM | 36916
i am interested in several of them depending upon the price Ryan.

take care, Tommy Well I am glad so far everyone has been interested. I can't say to much on these right now for the moment, but I will say that, if everything goes right, these will be available in there clearest smoothest and cleanest form and at very reasonable prices! This Poll has a purpose and so far the results are looking pretty good, but still to early to tell! I apreciate everyones vote regaurdless if your vote is a yes OR a no! It's important to have everyone's imput! Thanks Again Guys! --Ryan

Harry Warden Saturday 2/21/2009 at 11:31 PM | 36925
Definately yes...I already see a few I'd be interested in

;)
kweandee Sunday 2/22/2009 at 12:09 AM | 36935
im interested in a few but i have a vested interest

Johnny Bisco Sunday 2/22/2009 at 02:00 AM | 36945
im interested in a few but i have a vested interestI am glad you are also interested! Did you put your vote in r?--Ryan

Harry Warden Sunday 2/22/2009 at 03:57 AM | 36967
I am interested myself with Waxwork and the Friday the 13th. I never heard of the other movies.
jasonchick Sunday 2/22/2009 at 05:17 PM | 37005
Is Waxwork in English or German with English subtitles?

To be honest, a few of these don't make much sense to offer. The Tales From the Darkde discs you're suggesting are all episodes from Season 1. Why would someone buy these bootleg transfers (a total of 18 episodes) when they can ealy buy the complete first season as a 3 disc set with all 23 episodes for under $25?

Same goes for Tales From the Crypt. Why would someone buy the bootleg transfer when they can get a higher quality veron in a double feature disc with Vault of Horror for under $9?
lblambert Sunday 2/22/2009 at 06:53 PM | 37019

To be honest, a few of these don't make much sense to offer. The Tales From the Darkde discs you're suggesting are all episodes from Season 1. Why would someone buy these bootleg transfers (a total of 18 episodes) when they can ealy buy the complete first season as a 3 disc set with all 23 episodes for under $25?

Same goes for Tales From the Crypt. Why would someone buy the bootleg transfer when they can get a higher quality veron in a double feature disc with Vault of Horror for under $9?

I know they just started the seasons for Tales From The Darkde, but I made these transfers of the Original Tapes that they did in the 80's. "Thriller Video". They are Extreamly Hard to find and I have all but 1 volume and that is 5. Anyway, I thought people would enjoy a set of them on dvd with the original cover arts. Call me weird, but I apreciate a set of movies that would be hard as hell for me to find on my own...

Moreless

for Collecting reasons...

As for the Tales From The Crypt... I have never seen the Original on dvd before... Didn't even know about "The Vault Of Horror"... lol...I just knew it was from 1972 and it was what started the Series and I couldn't find it on dvd so I made a copy and figured others would apreciate it too...

--Ryan

Harry Warden Sunday 2/22/2009 at 07:11 PM | 37022

Waxwork... I hadn't found a us cover. only overseas... I can ealy make a us cover for it so its not a big deal... It's just the regular veron of the movie...
Harry Warden Sunday 2/22/2009 at 07:16 PM | 37023
Friday the 13th for sure
timbs2007 Sunday 2/22/2009 at 10:47 PM | 37044

Waxwork... I hadn't found a us cover. only overseas... I can ealy make a us cover for it so its not a big deal... It's just the regular veron of the movie...

Waxwork is released on dvd by the way. I just checked into that one here a few minutes ago. Anyway, Lets just say that if these were to be for sale, I wouldn't be the one to buy them from...

Also, not all of these would be for sale anyway. It would be deded on what stays and what goes. That is the purpose of this thread. I just made everyone a list of movies that I transfered for myself, that looked to be either Very Hard to locate, or Very Rare... I was just curious who all would be interested. I sopose I should have made that more clear in the very beginning, but musta had a brain fart...--Ryan

Harry Warden Monday 2/23/2009 at 05:00 AM | 37107

Nothing big about the TNN verons. I just recorded those a while back when they were doing a Marathon on tv. I thought it would make for a nice edition for people who like the little snips inbetween the commercials that says "This halloween, Take it from Jason, Where a flame retarded costume, Don't run with Sharp objects and where a mask that fits your face!!! The Friday The 13th Marathon Continues here, Only on the New TNN"

lol... and they show clips from the movies while they say that.

Remember there is no commercials. Just the movie and those 10 second snips in between...

--Ryan

That's cute!
Michael Aspinwall Monday 2/23/2009 at 09:12 PM | 37164
I manly just do the Marathons and TV snips for my personal collection, because I know one day the Marathons and Halloween shows are not going to be around like they used to be. Look at the way it is today. Everything is slowly beginning to fade out... Even Trick or Treating is a crime anymore... I swear I think people are just trying to wipe horror off the face of the earth, but it will always exist because of people like us and tes like "Horrorbid". I just want to know that even though they may get rid of the TV Marathons and what not around HalloweeN, I can still watch Marathons without them! lol... Thats my whole purpose of saving and hanging on tight to all that tv mumbo jumbo! You could call me a pack rat with anything Horror related...

I know I can't be the only one out there who likes to save things as mple as a marathon run, so I figured I'd toss them in the list of dvds to post on here for shits and giggles...

--Ryan

Harry Warden Monday 2/23/2009 at 10:13 PM | 37190
I grew up watching Up All Night. I'd love to have the Up All Night transfers, but only if they were remotely even watchable.

Rhonda Shear deserves better.

Nothing against collectors or people who enjoy these editions, but I guess you could call me a quality snob.

I've bought a few rare horror DVDs only to be disappointed with the video and sound quality.

I've never finished watching one yet. I don't see how VHS recordings of broadcast TV from the 80's would be anything I could watch for longer than a few minutes.

Ryan, it's great you archived all this material and want to share it with the rest of the world, but unless you find a way to boost the resolution and clean up the picture, it's not something I'd be interested in. Just my .02¢.

I still wish ya all the best with this endeavor.
Snoballz Monday 2/23/2009 at 11:00 PM | 37212
I grew up watching Up All Night. I'd love to have the Up All Night transfers, but only if they were remotely even watchable.

Rhonda Shear deserves better.

Nothing against collectors or people who enjoy these editions, but I guess you could call me a quality snob.

I've bought a few rare horror DVDs only to be disappointed with the video and sound quality.

I've never finished watching one yet. I don't see how VHS recordings of broadcast TV from the 80's would be anything I could watch for longer than a few minutes.

Ryan, it's great you archived all this material and want to share it with the rest of the world, but unless you find a way to boost the resolution and clean up the picture, it's not something I'd be interested in. Just my .02¢.

I still wish ya all the best with this endeavor.

I think you would be amazed of the quality of these for being the 80's... Rhonda's cut is pretty decent. I mean, If you're used to the qualities of Blue-Ray and HD-TV, then you wont like these... However if you can watch regular VHS tapes that arnt too old than you could expect the same quality out of these and bedes... If everything goes right... In the end, the quality will be a little bit better then it already is now...

I apreciate the honesty Ballz!

--Ryan

Harry Warden Tuesday 2/24/2009 at 12:13 AM | 37260
Hey Ryan. If you did these over on MM.N, you get banned. LOL.
SithLord Tuesday 2/24/2009 at 12:37 AM | 37266
Why would they ban you for this??? You would think they would be happy about it? lol... --Ryan

Harry Warden Tuesday 2/24/2009 at 01:09 AM | 37276
Why would they ban you for this??? You would think they would be happy about it? lol... --RyanThey've got a no bootleg DVD policy.

Personally, I don't think TV recordings would constitute the bootleg label, but if the issue was pressed, they could be seen that way.

Being that it's mm.net we're talking about here, I'm pretty sure they're mainly referring to the many Halloween screeners, rare cuts, and direct DVD copies (yes I've seen 'em offered) that pop up for sale.
Snoballz Tuesday 2/24/2009 at 02:23 AM | 37290