Forums Off Topic
if you smoke be prepared to be butt raped by obama april 1st

this isnt an april fools joke either.......................................

Roll Your Own tobacco sales have had a slow but steady increase over the last decade as cigarette taxes at the Federal, State & Local levels have increased dramatically. The 111th Congress however wants to curtail that trend by increang the Excise Taxes on all tobacco products to fund not only a renewal, but an Expanon of the 11 year old SCHIP program. Under HR.2, passed by the Congress and gned by Predent Obama, the FET on Roll Your Own tobacco WILL increase from $1.0696 per pound to $24.78 per pound, a whopping 2,159% Increase!

Cigarette taxes will also see an increase from $0.39 to $1.01 per pack, an increase of 158%. Cigars, pipe tobacco and smokeless tobacco products are also set to increase 158%. We strongly feel that in this time of economic turmoil, Congress should have scaled back their expanon plans to maintain the current SCHIP program at the current tobacco tax rates. Increang an already highly regresve tax on a low income minority by nearly 2,200% is not only outrageous, but strikes me as a criminal act so let me get this straight obama and the democrats who supposedly are for the "working man" and "low income" people are going to take an already high regresve tax and make it higher, what a bunch of bullshit

and please if you are an anti smoker i dont want to see any responses like "well you should quit anyway" and crap like that its my choice to smoke if i want to, there aremanythings other people do that i dont like but dont raise a stink about so keep it to yourself

thanks congress if it wasnt before it is now officially cheaper to buy illegal pot and smoke that instead
Johnny Bisco Sunday 2/22/2009 at 06:56 PM | 37020
Figures like it wasn't expenve enough as is....fuckin $8 a pack here over in some stores. and for the record everyone who smokes should stop smoking cigarettes and smoke pot instead...lol

kweandee Sunday 2/22/2009 at 09:40 PM | 37039
Not surpring. There is a new tobacco tax every 6 months.

Snoballz Sunday 2/22/2009 at 09:46 PM | 37040
Cancer sticks'll kill ya 8-)
DrenTheLiar Monday 2/23/2009 at 12:17 AM | 37070
From what Ive gathered though the money raised from cig taxes is going to save a lot of cuts that were going to be made on education and health care. If thats the case its the right thing to do. Theres probably other venues and areas that could also be taxed but I think the decion is two fold: A) it saves cuts in other more importan areas B) lets face it theres a huge movement to stop people from smoking
ny ghoul Monday 2/23/2009 at 01:14 PM | 37125
ok you want to raise the tax fine but over 2000% on some items?

when people quit and they arent getting money what else will they jack up? who will be picked on next? probably a 4 dollar per big mack tax or some shit

we no longer live in a free country..............
Johnny Bisco Monday 2/23/2009 at 08:35 PM | 37151
who will be picked on next? probably a 4 dollar per big mack tax or some shit

we no longer live in a free country..............

LOL...who knows....
kweandee Monday 2/23/2009 at 09:23 PM | 37169
They know they can tax cigarettes however they like and people will pay it.

Why else would they still be legal when they kill more people a year than all illegal drugs combined?

If I was a smoker I'm sure I would be nging a different tune, but as a kid who had to grow up inhaling my parents' disgusting cigarette smoke, I agree with ny ghoul in that if it saves cuts in areas like education and health care then more power to them.
gummi Monday 2/23/2009 at 10:18 PM | 37191
Well I guess Im just going to have to stock pile as many cigars as I can right now.

krueger4653 Monday 2/23/2009 at 10:26 PM | 37193

Why else would they still be legal when they kill more people a year than all illegal drugs combined?

If I was a smoker I'm sure I would be nging a different tune, but as a kid who had to grow up inhaling my parents' disgusting cigarette smoke, I agree with ny ghoul in that if it saves cuts in areas like education and health care then more power to them. i see where you are coming from but......................................

it is not the governments job to dictate or influence what i want to do thats perfectly legal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they do all this crap in the guise of "saftey" or "health" but they are controlling you and making you pay for it to boot

as ronald reagan once said government is not the solution it is the problem
Johnny Bisco Tuesday 2/24/2009 at 02:27 AM | 37291

If I was a smoker I'm sure I would be nging a different tune, but as a kid who had to grow up inhaling my parents' disgusting cigarette smoke, I agree with ny ghoul in that if it saves cuts in areas like education and health care then more power to them. i see where you are coming from but......................................

it is not the governments job to dictate or influence what i want to do thats perfectly legal

they do all this crap in the guise of "saftey" or "health" but they are controlling you and making you pay for it to boot

as ronald reagan once said government is not the solution it is the problem

Luckily everyone has the right to decide for themselves if they want to continue to purchase cigarettes at the outrageous prices.

The smokers of the world could unite as one and bring big tobacco to their knees.

Will anyone be willing to do this . . . no, of course not.

Most people are not interested in changing their ways and the government knows this.

People will piss and moan all the way to the store to get their fix, so nothing is ever going to change.
gummi Tuesday 2/24/2009 at 03:55 AM | 37307
Luckily everyone has the right to decide for themselves if they want to continue to purchase cigarettes at the outrageous prices.

The smokers of the world could unite as one and bring big tobacco to their knees.

Will anyone be willing to do this . . . no, of course not.

Most people are not interested in changing their ways and the government knows this.

People will piss and moan all the way to the store to get their fix, so nothing is ever going to change.

It is not big tobacco it is big gubbment!

For what it is worth I am not a smoker. I am however a big fan of small government.
Zombie Manor Sunday 3/08/2009 at 09:28 PM | 39029
Cigarette taxes will also see an increase of 158%. Cigars, pipe tobacco and smokeless tobacco products are also set to increase 158%.

I'm with da man! I'd rather more taxes on tobacco then food...Or we will eat cigar on the breakfast? and please if you are an anti smoker i dont want to see any responses like "well you should quit anyway" and crap like that its my choice to smoke if i want to, there aremanythings other people do that i dont like but dont raise a stink about so keep it to yourself

Oh, c'mon my brother..... but

Well, you should quit anyway...

LÜCKMANN Tuesday 3/10/2009 at 10:45 AM | 39209
Last week cigs went up $0.50 a pack.

Now they're going up another $1.01

I've had enough.

I got my prescription for Chantix yesterday.

Screw big government and their taxes, I'm giving my money to the pharmaceutical companies instead.

Snoballz Tuesday 3/10/2009 at 11:41 AM | 39213
im quitting at the end of the month

obama aint getting anymore of my money than necessary
Johnny Bisco Tuesday 3/10/2009 at 07:29 PM | 39245
Harry Warden Wednesday 3/11/2009 at 04:53 AM | 39299
LOL that was a good one Ryan.. Seriously though they're like $8.60 a pack here now. well for newports the brand i smoke. i'm working on quitting too. this shits way too expenve...i'll have to just stick with the pot then...lol

kweandee Wednesday 3/11/2009 at 12:14 PM | 39321
Seriously though they're like $8.60 a pack here now.

$8.60?

That's insane!

Here I am bitching about them being $4 a pack. I went to get my prescription for Chantix filled.

$130 for the first month, $150 each month after that.It's a 3-4 month program.

My cigs don't cost that much.
Snoballz Wednesday 3/11/2009 at 01:16 PM | 39329
God I wish they were $4 a pack here....lol but I guess everything is way overpriced in NY :)

damn though that's alot of money for that pill...i have the same thing, thank god for medicaid though cause I couldn't afford that shit.

on a de note....I don't think cigarettes would cost as much as they do here if this fuckin state wasn't famous for stores getting caught selling to minors...
kweandee Wednesday 3/11/2009 at 06:49 PM | 39348
Smoking is a nasty Habit, i myself smoke,But.....................Keep going up on taxes,people are gonna quit and then were are the gonna get that extra revnue they get from smokers? Big Brother is just milking a cash cow is all,but people will wisen up and quit,i am in the process right now(had to quit drinking first before i quit smoking)looking forward to see whats taxed next,maybe E-mail,gonna be something we use everyday

take care

guys and u who smoke try and quit

mike
bramabull71 Monday 3/23/2009 at 12:27 PM | 40689
I made a bunch of these awhile ago to post around the city, feel free to print them out and post them, I think people should be able to smoke wherever they want whenever they want, especially when it's taxed that high. The very tax on them cigarettes paid for everything so why not be able to smoke?

Cock Diesel Monday 3/23/2009 at 02:46 PM | 40705
I feel a bit bad for smokers because it is their right to smoke but look at it this way....my mom and my uncle smoke. If Im around them for 10 mins I have to dump everything I was wearing into the wash. unfortunately its a habit/practise that really infringes negatively on those around one who smokes: you're breathing in second hand smoke; you're start to stink like an ash tray.

Its bad for your health and it also affects health insurance and hospital costs. Better cigarettes are taxed then schools and child care. Also we all hate taxes and what not but just for one second think about all the cost that goes into the maintenance of our trains; highways; bridges; sewer systems; electric etc etc etc. We dont pay taxes we dont get to live in the society we do.
ny ghoul Monday 3/23/2009 at 06:02 PM | 40713
After over 20 years of smoking, I'm now on day 2 with no cigarettes.

I haven't killed anyone... yet.

It finally happened, the US Government has taxed something into non-existence (at least for me).
Snoballz Monday 3/23/2009 at 07:03 PM | 40714
Seriously though they're like $8.60 a pack here now.

$8.60?

That's insane!

Here I am bitching about them being $4 a pack. I went to get my prescription for Chantix filled.

$130 for the first month, $150 each month after that.It's a 3-4 month program.

My cigs don't cost that much. they just went up to 7 bucks a pack here and will be higher on april 1st

and much like chris after 20 years of smoking the government is finally going to get its wish im going to quit april first

and after i quit watch what you say on these boards because ill be in a foul mood with my hand on the ban button lol
Johnny Bisco Monday 3/23/2009 at 07:44 PM | 40721