Forums Horror Collectibles
QUESTION FOR SCULPTERS.....HELP?!?!

hey guys

I'd like to venture into sculpting and would like to start with a head bust. What medium would you recommend for a new jack? WED clay? pastalina clay? Ideally I'd like to be able to make a mask from it. I see so many different options Im kind of confused as to which path to take. I'd prefer the eaest! thanks in advance! Evan
ny ghoul Monday 2/23/2009 at 01:51 PM | 37130
I use medium WED clay and I love the clay but the only problem is medium is pretty hard stuff and nce I live in a constantly air conditioned house it makes it even harder. If you are just starting out I would suggest soft WED so that you can spend your time sculpting and not heating it up. It also depends on what you are planning on sculpting though. If you would like to do a robotic head or iron man then you might be better off with medium but soft is eaer if you don't want to spend money on heating and stuff.
weaponx Sunday 8/02/2009 at 11:16 PM | 51448
hey guys

I'd like to venture into sculpting and would like to start with a head bust. What medium would you recommend for a new jack? WED clay? pastalina clay? Ideally I'd like to be able to make a mask from it. I see so many different options Im kind of confused as to which path to take. I'd prefer the eaest! thanks in advance! Evan

It really depends on what type of constency you want your clay to have.Water based clay when kept moist stays very soft and flexible,oil based clays are harder a room temp but hold detail much much better,just push your fingertips in it to see what I mean,I have used both and now prefer oil based clays,but my advise to you is buy a LITTLE of both and see which feels best to you.Hope this helps and Good Luck!
Take care,Heck
psychosocial91 Thursday 8/06/2009 at 06:00 PM | 51677