Forums Horror Collectibles
What do you guys think of stylized products?

Like those cartoony mezco dolls and stuff like that

I have been debating doing a few stylized modern horror masks but I'd like to see what people think first

any feedback or any questions you may have post em here

the more we disscuss the more we find out

DWN Productions Tuesday 2/24/2009 at 04:07 PM | 37350
i posted in the wrong fourm if someone could move this that would be fantastic
DWN Productions Tuesday 2/24/2009 at 04:14 PM | 37354
I don't mind that kind of stuff.
Michael Aspinwall Tuesday 2/24/2009 at 04:16 PM | 37355
Me and my buddy Brian were talking about just this topic last night. I don't like them and he pretty much agreed. i'd rather see artists' different takes on a character kept in a serious and nister manner. Maybe a variation coming from a particular scene; or a bloody veron. The cartoon stuff is just not my cup of blood.
ny ghoul Tuesday 2/24/2009 at 04:30 PM | 37357
I tend to like stylized caricatures as long as the artist doesn't get too carried away.

I've seen some stylized masks that looked great, but I've seen even more that didn't turn out so great. Hell, my favorite Freddy mask is a caricature.

I guess it all boils down to the look of the finished piece.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that.
Snoballz Tuesday 2/24/2009 at 07:44 PM | 37386
Well, if it will have the characteristics of the original so there's no problem. The figures from Cinema of Fear are great and a nice piece to collect. I thought a stylized mask could be great, DWN, if you keep the something from the original.
LÜCKMANN Wednesday 2/25/2009 at 10:31 AM | 37516
Good to hear imput

I just really dont like doing reproductions all the time I really try not to do a whole hell of alot I like to take the bac concept of the piece and do it my.

I just see alot of reproductions and not too too many ogs... but thats probably for a reason.

For my new one right now I'm trying to dos oemthing like jason fom 4 had sex with jason from 6 if that makes any sense at all
DWN Productions Thursday 2/26/2009 at 02:01 AM | 37638
Sorry to drag up this old thread, but I wanted to see if you have ever condered doing a part 1 Jason.

I think your interpretation of that could kick ass

chubacabra Tuesday 7/14/2009 at 08:24 PM | 50215
when i was in school i tried but i was ung roma and got pissed off quick.. no one ever said hey you can use wed clay for big things

i might do a part 1 but im not really wanting to do another jason thing right now
DWN Productions Wednesday 7/15/2009 at 03:28 AM | 50243
That's understandable.

I really like the non-replica work your doing (like the werewolf.)

I'm definitely gonna bbe picking up some piece in a few weeks
chubacabra Wednesday 7/15/2009 at 03:18 PM | 50265
Thanks man I like em too and they are more fun to make

I'm thinking my next one might be a replica just because i want to knock it out before the new series starts
DWN Productions Thursday 7/16/2009 at 03:39 PM | 50305