Forums Horror Movie Talk
New Facebook Horror Movie?

Dimenon Films is developing an untitled thriller based on an original idea from actress Sara Rue (“Less Than Perfect”) and producing partner Robert Green (“Spaced”). Rue and Green will produce and T.S. Faull (“Butterfly: A Grimm Love Story”) will write the script.

The announcement was made today by Bob Weinstein, co-chairman of The Weinstein Company (TWC).While the specifics of the storyline are being kept under close wraps, the story is a high school thriller in the vein of Ten Little Indians that involves a teen social networking te.

“Online social networking is a widespread phenomenon that interests me greatly,” said Weinstein.

“Combining it with a suspense thriller is a new and fresh way to explore this new trend.”

“Sara and I are elated to be launching our new company with this project,”’ said Green. “We are even more thrilled to be working with a company that understands the teen horror/thriller genre better than any other. Their pason and track record made getting into buness with them a no brainer.”

"Social networking is alluring but one always takes a risk when engaging on these tes," said Faull. "Online identities can be deceptive and the script will center on a social networking tuation with truly dangerous consequences. I look forward to working with Dimenon and the producers on bringing this story and its teen characters to life on the big screen."
DaShape Wednesday 2/25/2009 at 05:16 AM | 37476
oh my god this already sounds awful, they should go ahead and sponsor Strangeland 2 instead and leave shit like that in the capable hands of Dee Snider. Captain Howdy was the original after all.
ironblade87 Saturday 12/26/2009 at 01:08 PM | 59554
oh my god this already sounds awful, they should go ahead and sponsor Strangeland 2 instead and leave shit like that in the capable hands of Dee Snider. Captain Howdy was the original after all.

I like this guy, he knows his shit!

Snider rocked Strangeland - but I can just see it now, "The Facebook Killer,"

"I would have already stabbed this arrow through your seat, but I'm too busy typing this stupid message."
Bridge Friday 1/01/2010 at 06:12 AM | 59769