Forums Horror Collectibles
Biggest Let Down??

So I know when we all hear of a new horror movie that is coming out we get real excited and hope it's going to be great... well what 1 Horror movie were you soo excited for and then it ended up being the biggest piece of shit out there??

KimmyBlanks Thursday 2/26/2009 at 03:28 AM | 37660
For me, I was really excited for The Strangers to come out... it looked like it had all the elements it needed to be a great horror film...then I go to watch it...god what a waste of time and such a disappointment

KimmyBlanks Thursday 2/26/2009 at 03:29 AM | 37661
Audition was really disappointing!
Michael Aspinwall Thursday 2/26/2009 at 04:01 PM | 37748
For me it had to be, The Hills Have Eyes 2.

I mean to be honest, I knew it wasn't going to live up to Alexander's remake.

Which I really enjoyed.

But I was hoping for something halfway decent.

But what I got instead was something half ass.

So disappointing.

Sad really as I believe this could have been turned into a successful franchise.
Insomniac Thursday 2/26/2009 at 06:23 PM | 37767
for me it wasn't a movie in theaters...it was a movie i bought at a rental store called zombie nation. Based on the coverart and summary on the back, etc I expected something at least good. I impulse buy when it comes to horror movies so duds are expected once in a while but this wasn't so much a dud as a bad joke. the coverart on the box was a complete misrepresentation of what the zombies actually looked like in the movie and the storyline wasn't even enough to save it. horrible horrible horrible....the zombies looked like fuckin racoons....big black circles around there eyes thats it :(
kweandee Thursday 2/26/2009 at 07:45 PM | 37771
Serpent and the Rainbow

kaizu Friday 2/27/2009 at 12:45 PM | 37887
any horror movie that gets remade is a disappointment
Johnny Bisco Friday 2/27/2009 at 10:37 PM | 37936
KAIZU.....I kinda agree with you BUT the head bad guy rocks and you gotta love the "I want to hear you screeeeaaaammm" part!!

3 for me:

THE STRANGERS........total crap.....you could navigate the Starship Enterprise through the plot concept holes in that one!!!!

2 girls in their late teens and a starved emo guy with a gimp and severe asthma is NOT my idea of scary. the media bombarded everyone into expecting the HALLOWEEN of our era! eeeyyyeahh.....ok

H8.......I LOVE (just like everyone on Earth) H!...after that comes 2;4;5;6 and 3.

I had seen H4 and on in the movies and while I thought H20 sucked pretty much I was still happy when I heard Mike was coming back for and 8th installment.......enter Busta Rhymes and and even more MTV feeling. UGH. I deplore this piece of crap.

CEMETARY MAN (Dellamorte Dellamore).....ok ok I know there are a LOT of shit dissapointments out there but Ive tried to pick the ones that for me I was really looking forward to. I know this film has cult status and the concept is cool BUT it just fell flat for me. Michele Soavi has an amazing resume and I LOVE...LOOOOVE "STAGEFRIGHT"......so between anticipating Soavi's first film nce "THE CHURCH" I believe and all the accolades that were bestowed upon it I was expecting a KILLER flick. I walked away liking it when I should have loved it.
ny ghoul Friday 2/27/2009 at 11:31 PM | 37939
For me it had to be, The Hills Have Eyes 2.

I mean to be honest, I knew it wasn't going to live up to Alexander's remake.

Which I really enjoyed.

But I was hoping for something halfway decent.

But what I got instead was something half ass.

So disappointing.

Sad really as I believe this could have been turned into a successful franchise. I totally have to agree with this... I thought this movie was absolutely TERRIBLE and it just dragged on and on and on.

Good pick
KimmyBlanks Saturday 2/28/2009 at 04:36 AM | 37958
KAIZU.....I kinda agree with you BUT the head bad guy rocks and you gotta love the "I want to hear you screeeeaaaammm" part!!THE STRANGERS........total crap.....you could navigate the Starship Enterprise through the plot concept holes in that one!!!!

2 girls in their late teens and a starved emo guy with a gimp and severe asthma is NOT my idea of scary. the media bombarded everyone into expecting the HALLOWEEN of our era! eeeyyyeahh.....ok I couldn't have said this better myself or agree with you more!! This movie had soo much hype and was said to be the next best thing in Horror... um no... not even close! Totally agree with you on this choice!

KimmyBlanks Saturday 2/28/2009 at 04:38 AM | 37959
I would say Feast 3! Soooo bad!
Klempo Saturday 2/28/2009 at 11:35 AM | 37978
Halloween 2007 8-)
DrenTheLiar Saturday 2/28/2009 at 03:07 PM | 37997
KAIZU.....I kinda agree with you BUT the head bad guy rocks and you gotta love the "I want to hear you screeeeaaaammm" part!!

Those things are the only scenes I remember

Also I knew Jason X was gonna be bad and after watching it on video it was badder than I thought
kaizu Saturday 2/28/2009 at 04:37 PM | 38003

Those things are the only scenes I remember

Also I knew Jason X was gonna be bad and after watching it on video it was badder than I thought

I absolutely LOATHE Jason X.

I honestly thought this was terrible!
KimmyBlanks Wednesday 3/04/2009 at 03:58 AM | 38496
Yea Jason X really blows....I have it, if it wasn't part of the series I'd step on it that's how bad I think it sucked. ...however I actually liked the Serpent and the Rainbow...lol

kweandee Thursday 3/05/2009 at 12:41 AM | 38598
Yea Jason X really blows....I have it, if it wasn't part of the series I'd step on it that's how bad I think it sucked. ...however I actually liked the Serpent and the Rainbow...lol

The problem with SATR is that when it was shown in Japan it was titled Zombie LegendFrom the title we all expected some kind of epic or some cheesy zombie flick...well surprise surprise
kaizu Thursday 3/05/2009 at 04:28 AM | 38635
Friday The 13th......... What the hell happend to the ki ki ki ma ma ma anyway??? I heard it once at the end of the movie and I believe that was it............ What the hell happend to the ripping violins??? The Muc was completely new skool...

I didn't know Jason held P.O.A's either...

That movie Blows....

--Ryan
Harry Warden Monday 3/16/2009 at 04:40 PM | 39895
For me, I was really excited for The Strangers to come out... it looked like it had all the elements it needed to be a great horror film...then I go to watch it...god what a waste of time and such a disappointmentI second that. I understand now why the trailer didnt give anything away, because there wasnt anything to give away. There wasnt even any good dialogue going on. Which usually wouldnt bother me, as long as there was actually something happening. It would seem that the writer and the producer had some kind of disagreement resulting in the writer quitting, at which point the producer decides "screw him/her well make it anyway."
Mr. Tomato Tuesday 3/31/2009 at 02:52 AM | 41365
I'd have to say seed of chucky. I liked it but for the wrong reasons. As a comedy I thought it was great, but as a horror movie, it was terrible. I expected a halfway decent movie after I saw Bride of chucky. Bride was one of the best out of the franchise, but seed has to be the worst.
krueger4653 Tuesday 3/31/2009 at 02:05 PM | 41400
no movies suck its just the director especially michael bay he did great with tsm and transformers but when its jason he almost killed it literally
JASONVOORHEES001 Wednesday 4/22/2009 at 11:50 PM | 43653
no movies suck its just the director especially michael bay he did great with tsm and transformers but when its jason he almost killed it literally

Michael didn't direct the Friday remake....
DrenTheLiar Wednesday 4/22/2009 at 11:58 PM | 43654