Forums Horror Movie Talk
Scream 4, 5, 6?

This courtesy of Cinemablend....

Is Williamson Back For Three More Screams?

"There’s been rumors about another Scream movie for a couple of months now - not that anyone is asking the fans if they really want a return of Ghostface. If some interesting “evidence” is to be believed, we’re not only getting one Scream, but a whole new trilogy of movies.

Rope of licon brings the new information to light in the form of an alleged screen capture from the William Morris Intranet. The capture has the message, “We’re excited to announce that we’ve closed a deal for KEVIN WILLIAMSON with The Weinstein Company to recreate the SCREAM franchise as a new trilogy in SCREAM 4, 5 and 6.” Sounds kind of strange - is this a recreation of the original trilogy or a new trilogy?

Honestly, I wouldn’t believe a random screen capture, especially nce the provider is an unknown, but the fellows over at RoS have a pretty good track record when it comes to stuff like this, so we’ll take it with a grain of salt, but it’s posble there could be three more horror movies on the way. Condering the original movies were as much about critiquing the slasher genre as recreating it, I have to wonder if there’s really enough about the genre to comment on for three more films, or if the franchise is about to move into mindless sequel mode like those that came before it."

?v=0
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 2/27/2009 at 06:15 AM | 37856
"There’s been rumors about another Scream movie for a couple of months now - not that anyone is asking the fans if they really want a return of Ghostface."

Bullshit! They never ask what we want, why they should do it now?

Rope of licon brings the new information to light in the form of an alleged screen capture from the William Morris Intranet. The capture has the message, “We’re excited to announce that we’ve closed a deal for KEVIN WILLIAMSON with The Weinstein Company to recreate the SCREAM franchise as a new trilogy in SCREAM 4, 5 and 6.” Sounds kind of strange - is this a recreation of the original trilogy or a new trilogy?

Maybe both. We heard a lot of rumors about movies remakes or sequels that really are fake. I don't think they'll make a recreation from the original, or even a new trilogy. Everybody knows in both cases people tend to compare with the originals. If this will really happen, probably they'll mix it, I mean, make sequels linking the old stories to the news, but not ONLY focused on dney character.

Damn! We must be glad it's not a rumor about a remake from Scream!

LÜCKMANN Friday 2/27/2009 at 02:36 PM | 37896
I wish they would just leave the series alone, but I'd like it a little better if they have a new cast and new characters.
Michael Aspinwall Monday 3/02/2009 at 04:34 PM | 38200
I'll probably be lynched for saying this but it's not like that's ever stopped me.

As much as I enjoyed the first one when it came out I really wish they had stopped right there. Unfortunately as long as there's a buck to be made there will be sequels which is why we got the next two installments which I personally thought were crap.

Back in 1996 when the first one came out I thought the slasher subgenre was in critical condition (if not dead outright). Frankly I thought it had run its course and would have been quite happy to see horror move onto something completely different. Instead we got Scream which, while offering a refreshing and different take on slasher films that was quite enjoyable at the time, ultimately set horror back by not only flogging this dead horse of a subgenre but also spawning a new sub-subgenre that we're still trying to get out of...the Pg-13 Teen Slasher-lite. Honestly, is there anyone over that age of 12 that finds anything remotely scary about these carbon copy poorly-written-and-even-more-poorly-acted crapfests (which I think includes Scream 2&3)?

Please please PLEASE give us something different already!!!
lblambert Monday 3/02/2009 at 08:04 PM | 38218
Unfortunately its always going to comedown to projected box office draws and gender/age demographics. The companies want to release "horror's" that will give them the most bang for their buck. The TRUE horror fan makes up a very small percentile of theatre goers. The Weinsteins and all the other corporate hoods want a movie thats going to draw teens; 20's and 30's; male and female. SAW did this and thats why we'll keep seeing them year after year. The same will go for SCREAM or any other new films coming out. The 70's and 80's were very different. Can you imagine DEMONS or HOUSE ON SORORITY ROW coming out nowadays? lol If they did they be glossed over by MTV and feature the latest WB starlet. I guess we have to be thankful when they occaonal straggler comes along. Every now and then I get surprised. WRONG TURN was one example.
ny ghoul Monday 3/02/2009 at 09:10 PM | 38227

As much as I enjoyed the first one when it came out I really wish they had stopped right there. That's how my brother feels.
Michael Aspinwall Tuesday 3/03/2009 at 03:36 PM | 38339