Forums Horror Movie Talk
Friday the 13th Sequel release date already

Well this isn't a surprise but that fact that they are already writing the screenplay is what's shocking . . ..

The official release date thus far is August 13th, 2010. So what's this we hear about some rumblings concerning FRIDAY THE 13TH PART 2 script already being written? Platinum Dunes aren't ones to dabble in future projects while they're concentrating on another. However, The Hollywood Reporter's Risky Buness Blog tes some reliable sources saying that Damian Shannon and Mark Swift are already being asked to pen the script for FRIDAY THE 13TH PART 2. The duo of Shannon and Swift are of course the guys that penned both FREDDY VS JASON and the new FRIDAY THE 13TH movie.

Word seems to be out on what we can expect with this sequel too: 'the new “Friday” is expected to be not a sequel so much as a follow-up, those familiar with the project say. Jason Voorhees will be the villain, of course, but the new picture is expected to use elements of the original franchise more as a jumping-off point than as a template.' The blog also mentions how Platinum Dunes aren't keen on the franchise's entries after PART 4. And apparently chances are director Marcus Nispel won't be returning to helm the sequel. No suprirse there seeing how he wasn't the first choice for FRIDAY THE 13TH anyway.

Well, I'm game for another . . . I enjoyed the remake (was it a perfect film? NO, but I love the Friday the 13th franchise and I'll take a sequel or remake at this point).
DaShape Friday 2/27/2009 at 10:09 PM | 37932
Well this isn't a surprise but that fact that they are already writing the screenplay is what's shocking . . ..

The official release date thus far is August 13th, 2010. So what's this we hear about some rumblings concerning FRIDAY THE 13TH PART 2 script already being written? Platinum Dunes aren't ones to dabble in future projects while they're concentrating on another. However, The Hollywood Reporter's Risky Buness Blog tes some reliable sources saying that Damian Shannon and Mark Swift are already being asked to pen the script for FRIDAY THE 13TH PART 2. The duo of Shannon and Swift are of course the guys that penned both FREDDY VS JASON and the new FRIDAY THE 13TH movie.

Word seems to be out on what we can expect with this sequel too: 'the new “Friday” is expected to be not a sequel so much as a follow-up, those familiar with the project say. Jason Voorhees will be the villain, of course, but the new picture is expected to use elements of the original franchise more as a jumping-off point than as a template.' The blog also mentions how Platinum Dunes aren't keen on the franchise's entries after PART 4. And apparently chances are director Marcus Nispel won't be returning to helm the sequel. No suprirse there seeing how he wasn't the first choice for FRIDAY THE 13TH anyway.

Well, I'm game for another . . . I enjoyed the remake (was it a perfect film? NO, but I love the Friday the 13th franchise and I'll take a sequel or remake at this point).

thanks for the news update bro! Im with you man...I enjoyed the remake...I felt 13 all over again. It wasn't perfect as you said but it had all the things a F13 flick should have. I cant wait for the next one!
ny ghoul Friday 2/27/2009 at 11:34 PM | 37940
friday the 13th part 2: jason guards a cocaine factory
Johnny Bisco Saturday 2/28/2009 at 12:41 PM | 37986
I'd really like to see a sequel.
Michael Aspinwall Saturday 2/28/2009 at 05:38 PM | 38013
I loved the new one.

I gave it a solid 8/10.

There were some things I would have changed or like to have seen.

But overall It was a great installment in the franchise.

I'm looking forward to the sequel.
Insomniac Sunday 3/01/2009 at 02:53 PM | 38094