Ok this may be a stupid question but I am not too familiar w/ Bust's and just wanted to know if anyone knows where I can find a really nice Michael Myers Bust?

Also, about how much to Bust's usually run?? Thanks to anyone that can help

KimmyBlanks Saturday 2/28/2009 at 04:12 AM | 37951
As far as licensed busts go, I don't think there are any.

Neca made a small bust that ran for like $40.

But it was more of a mini statue than a full scale bust.

I don't know if anyone has independently made a Myers bust.

But I'm sure you can find someone to commison one for you.

As far as price that would depend on them.

Typically a licensed bust goes for a couple to a few hundred bucks.

Hope that helps.
Insomniac Saturday 2/28/2009 at 04:24 AM | 37955
As far as licensed busts go, I don't think there are any.

Neca made a small bust that ran for like $40.

But it was more of a mini statue than a full scale bust.

I don't know if anyone has independently made a Myers bust.

But I'm sure you can find someone to commison one for you.

As far as price that would depend on them.

Typically a licensed bust goes for a couple to a few hundred bucks.

Hope that helps.

Awesome... thanks for all the info you have given me so far... it's definitely a start!

Now my next question is, where do i go to even find a person to see if they can make one for me?? hahaha.

I obviously don't have the money for one right now but thought I would definitely start looking into this so I know what I have to do and how much I will need to save.
KimmyBlanks Saturday 2/28/2009 at 04:26 AM | 37956
Howard S Studios made a Myers bust.

I've seen another Howard S veron floating around, so they're out there.

But, they're not cheap.

Paying someone to paint it ain't cheap either.

I love ren busts for most characters, but Myers *is* a latex mask.

For less $$$ than a ren bust, you could buy a latex mask, a pair of thrift shop coveralls (you only need the collar), and the mannequin bust to display it on.

The accuracy of the mask is only limited by your budget.
Snoballz Saturday 2/28/2009 at 04:55 AM | 37961
Matt Mayhem has started making the actual bust, so alls you would have to do is put your WHITE mask on it.
SithLord Saturday 2/28/2009 at 07:12 AM | 37966
Like Snoballz said you can just make your own bust. And it will be more cheaper. The only thing that you need, for example is:

a mannequein bust:

href="http://cgi.ebay.com/Mannequin-Head-Wig-Hat-Jewelry-Display-Fleshtone-EraF_W0QQitemZ320260963450QQihZ011QQcategoryZ10797QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkdZp1713.m153.l1262">http://cgi.ebay.com/Mannequin-Head-Wig- ... m153.l1262

coverall (lifezedegns):

href="http://cgi.ebay.com/MICHAEL-MYERS-HALLOWEEN-COVERALLS-H1-H2-COSTUME_W0QQitemZ140298036609QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item140298036609&_trkd=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50">http://cgi.ebay.com/MICHAEL-MYERS-HALLO ... 1|294%3A50

and Michael Myers mask.

Klempo Saturday 2/28/2009 at 11:21 AM | 37976
As the other guys said, I would go with a mask, mannequin and coveralls.

It will look far better than a ren bust and will also look pretty authentic.

You can even get the eyes to use behind the mask to complete the look.

DarkArtist81 Saturday 2/28/2009 at 12:03 PM | 37982
You could save yourself some money on the coveralls and go with a work shirt instead.

I used one of these $15 Dickies shirts from Walmart:

gummi Saturday 2/28/2009 at 11:29 PM | 38027
if someone is willing to supply this young lady a mannequin head or display form,

i will donate a myers mask....

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Saturday 2/28/2009 at 11:36 PM | 38030
Wow I can't thank you all enough for all your help.

Having gone from not knowing a thing about Bust's I now know a ton!! I really really appreciate it!

The only problem I have now is knowing how do to what you guys are saying hahaha... I have never made anything like this before... I think if I were to attempt it, it would be quite the embarrassment! lol.

Maybe when I have the money saved up, one of you fine people could make it for me and I could pay you lol.

Again thank you all soo much for your help! It really helps and you gave me lots of ideas!You are all the coolest! hahaha

KimmyBlanks Monday 3/02/2009 at 04:35 AM | 38172
Hey Kimmy, I don't think you'd have any problem putting it all together.

Really, the only part that takes some time is cutting the bottom out of the mannequin.

At first I tried to fold the shirt under the mannequin without cutting the bottom, but I wasn't able to get an entirely clean look that way.

In the end, I cut out the majority of the bottom, leaving only a half inch lip around the edge.

That way I was able to eliminate any gnificant bunching of the shirt and get the bust to t flat after I had stuffed the excess material inde.

Here's a picture of the bottom to show you what I mean:

I stuffed some plastic bags up inde after I was done to keep everything firmly in place.

After that, all you have to do is throw a mask on it and you're done.
gummi Monday 3/02/2009 at 07:08 AM | 38178
Hey Kimmy, you got me some nice ideas. I really have never thought about to make a bust by myself, but I think it could work! Let's see what happens...
LÜCKMANN Monday 3/02/2009 at 10:46 AM | 38181
Hey Kimmy, I don't think you'd have any problem putting it all together.

Really, the only part that takes some time is cutting the bottom out of the mannequin.

At first I tried to fold the shirt under the mannequin without cutting the bottom, but I wasn't able to get an entirely clean look that way.

In the end, I cut out the majority of the bottom, leaving only a half inch lip around the edge.

That way I was able to eliminate any gnificant bunching of the shirt and get the bust to t flat after I had stuffed the excess material inde.

Here's a picture of the bottom to show you what I mean:

I stuffed some plastic bags up inde after I was done to keep everything firmly in place.

After that, all you have to do is throw a mask on it and you're done.

Thanks soo much for the awesome pointers!! Maybe over the summer when I have some extra time I just might try this.

I really appreciate all your help!

Thanks!

KimmyBlanks Wednesday 3/04/2009 at 04:15 AM | 38501
Hey Kimmy, you got me some nice ideas. I really have never thought about to make a bust by myself, but I think it could work! Let's see what happens... Awesome! Let me know how it turns out and make sure you take some pictures so I can see!

;)
KimmyBlanks Wednesday 3/04/2009 at 04:16 AM | 38502
You could save yourself some money on the coveralls and go with a work shirt instead.

I used one of these $15 Dickies shirts from Walmart:

and one with out the base

Matthew Mayhem Wednesday 3/04/2009 at 05:43 PM | 38554
Matthew... Those are freakin awesome! I sooo wish I was talented enough to do that.

Maybe when I have the money I will be sending you a message to make me one and I will pay you for it ;)
KimmyBlanks Thursday 3/05/2009 at 02:56 AM | 38624
Matthew... Those are freakin awesome! I sooo wish I was talented enough to do that.

Maybe when I have the money I will be sending you a message to make me one and I will pay you for it

No Worries Kimmy. Would be glad to do it for you. Just say when.

Matthew
Matthew Mayhem Friday 3/06/2009 at 12:12 AM | 38721
Here you can see my and Boomans (with the darker shirt) bust...
Klempo Friday 3/06/2009 at 12:28 AM | 38726
And BooMans bust....
Klempo Friday 3/06/2009 at 12:36 AM | 38728
Those are SUM ck Ass Busts!!! I personally am VERY fond of the First one... I like the Very Last one alot too!!! Nice set up DUDES!!! --Ryan
Harry Warden Friday 3/06/2009 at 12:49 AM | 38732
Hey Kimmy!

What you need is a good Styrofoam Bust... Like this one

These can be had for 15.99 from a Company called Fright Catalog. I get one from these guys every HalloweeN... They've got some Serious Kool Shit!!!
href="http://www.frightcatalog.com/Halloween-Masks/Large-Styrofoam--Mask-and-Wig-Stand-1312001/">http://www.frightcatalog.com/Halloween- ... d-1312001/

All you really need is a mask and Shirt... Tommy has offered to Donate a FREE mask if someone could get here a bust an shirt...

Thats a STEEL.

Tell you what I will do to help you out a little, get the styofoam bust, ship it to me... I'll take care of putting the material on it... I have a Navy Blue Dickies work shirt around here someware thats not working so I'll use that, cut it and fasten it nicely on that stand for FREE if you want!

Nail Tommy's offer for the free mask... Get the Styrofoam Bust that is Linked above and send it to me... I'll take care of the rest! So for $15.99, You can't beat that Offer!!!

--Ryan
Harry Warden Friday 3/06/2009 at 01:00 AM | 38733
I will also paint the neck and face on that bust, Flesh Color so it doesn't look corney... I'll even put a new white t-shirt on it under the dickies shirt... If you want it to look a little dirty just let me know... Conder this a Free Job! You can tell me how you want it and I'll do what I can!

I need the practice anyway and I am Damn certain I can have it looking Sharp! --Ryan
Harry Warden Friday 3/06/2009 at 01:10 AM | 38735

Maybe when I have the money I will be sending you a message to make me one and I will pay you for it

No Worries Kimmy. Would be glad to do it for you. Just say when.

Matthew You are most awesome! Thank you!!! Don't be surprised if I contact you in months to come to do this ;)
KimmyBlanks Friday 3/06/2009 at 03:38 AM | 38755
Klempo... Those are amazing Busts too!!! Damn... you all are soo talented... it puts me to shame! hahaha

KimmyBlanks Friday 3/06/2009 at 03:39 AM | 38756
I will also paint the neck and face on that bust, Flesh Color so it doesn't look corney... I'll even put a new white t-shirt on it under the dickies shirt... If you want it to look a little dirty just let me know... Conder this a Free Job! You can tell me how you want it and I'll do what I can!

I need the practice anyway and I am Damn certain I can have it looking Sharp! --Ryan You would seriously do this all for me ?! I am honestly speechless! Noone has ever done something this nice for me!! Wow... I honestly don't know what to say.

If you honestly wouldn't mind doing that for me, I would be forever grateful.I actually have a Myers Mask, and then I would just have to purchase the bust and then I could ship those both to you.

Is there anything else that you would need me to buy?? I will have to wait a couple weeks to buy the Bust off of Frightcatalog cause I don't have the $ just yet to get one.

But if you seriously are willing do to this for me I would just be forever grateful to you!! If you can PM me and just let me know what I need to do ok??

Wow... I can't thank you enough.

KimmyBlanks Friday 3/06/2009 at 03:45 AM | 38757
It's not a problem Kimmy...

Thats the trouble... Not enough nice people out there willing to lend a hand... Thats why I "LOVE" Horrorbid! --Ryan
Harry Warden Friday 3/06/2009 at 05:04 AM | 38760
It's not a problem Kimmy...

Thats the trouble... Not enough nice people out there willing to lend a hand... Thats why I "LOVE" Horrorbid! --Ryan I just replied to your PM you sent me Ryan... I cannot thank you enough! You are soo friggin awesome I can't even explain it!! Thanks sooo much for all your help!!

Horrorbid is one hell of a family and I am soo happy to be a part of it!
KimmyBlanks Monday 3/09/2009 at 02:44 AM | 39082