Forums Horror Collectibles
Paul Laugier's MARTYRS

Just sat in a private screening of pascal Laugier's MARTYRS..... I dont know if its something in the water but FRANCE has been dishing out the BEST horror films Ive seen through the past few years.

This was a French production that was filmed in Montreal. One word: AMAZING. The room was so lent as we watched this and when it ended we all exhaled. This film is a visceral journey like none other Ive seen.

The brutality; thrills; twists and turns all culminate into one of the most amazing and original endings in horror film history.

The acting is stellar; the story is truly amazing! I dont want to spoil anything but I will say that it starts off as a home invaon revenge murder scene and from there it spirals downwards and deways and all kinds of weird and shocking. There wasn't too much gore; some of the make up f/x could have been better but thank the maker there was no CG crap. LOTS of torture. GET THE DVD WHEN ITS RELEASED!!!!!!! btw...Laugier is at the helm of the HELLRAISER remake!

SPOILER.... I wont give away too much but I will say that the ending deals with a subject matter that is very important to the Christian church and it's something that if you went to parochial school you had to learn and study. I thought it was VERY interesting and BRILLIANT.
ny ghoul Sunday 3/08/2009 at 08:13 PM | 39026
April 28, it hits BD. I've been waiting for this movie for the last year.
SithLord Monday 3/09/2009 at 12:08 AM | 39048
Oh man...its well worth the wait. I have no idea what cut I saw but i assume all the horror was in it. I can see them doing an edited veron and a directors veron because it is the Weinstein company.
ny ghoul Monday 3/09/2009 at 01:12 AM | 39064
im going to watch this sometime this week
DWN Productions Thursday 3/19/2009 at 04:36 AM | 40112
i really did not dig it but my gripe is the same as the others who did not like it first half was insane but the last half was like a car running out of gaskinda spoiler but not really

the makee-up when shes in the tank at the end the first time you gwt a glimpse of it is awesomeend spoiler kinda
its a well made movie im just not into the whole torture edgy this thats going on lately
DWN Productions Saturday 5/09/2009 at 10:15 PM | 45449