Forums Horror Collectibles
PsychopatH2 - Fangoria, DreadCentral, Horrorblips....

Funny how things can blow up on the net! I honestly wasnt trying to trick anyone with my description on this mask.

But hey, I guess its an honor to have my work mistaken for somthing like this!

http://www.fangoria.com/home/news/68-rabid-rumors/1661-rabid-rumor-debunked-michael-myers-h2-mask.html

http://dreadcentral.com/news/30755/is-this-new-michael-myers-mask

http://horrorblips.dailyradar.com/story/rabid_rumor_debunked_michael_myers_h2_mask

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/15546

PS - Be on the lookout for my next project - 1/1 Replica corpse of Sasquatch frozen in a freezer!

CartyParty Tuesday 3/10/2009 at 11:01 PM | 39264
casey be expecting some cease and dest orders from rob zombie soon

all these guys are doing is pointing out that your stuff is "unauthorized" so be prepared just in case................
Johnny Bisco Tuesday 3/10/2009 at 11:05 PM | 39265
casey be expecting some cease and dest orders from rob zombie soon

With all due respect John there are two problems I see with that:

1. As far as I know, RZ doesn't own any of the copyrights to the Myers likeness

2. How can Casey be in breach of any copyright to the H2 Myers mask when the movie has not been released nor have ANY pics (beyond a pic of Toth's sculpt) of the movie mask been released. This is nothing more than Casey's own sculpt which may be a guess at what the H2 might posbly look like.
lblambert Tuesday 3/10/2009 at 11:22 PM | 39267
that doesnt mean they (being RZ, Malek Akkad and or Dimenon) wont try to scare him with some C&D orders via email which arent legal by any means but they may well try to scare him thats all im saying......................
Johnny Bisco Tuesday 3/10/2009 at 11:27 PM | 39268
perfect example being my friend at creepy pewter who was makin myers belt buckles and they got to him the same way and he quit making them
Johnny Bisco Tuesday 3/10/2009 at 11:29 PM | 39269
that doesnt mean they (being RZ, Malek Akkad and or Dimenon) wont try to scare him with some C&D orders via email which arent legal by any means but they may well try to scare him thats all im saying......................

Oh I could ealy see Trancas doing that...as you mention with the buckles, they have before.

My advice to Casey would be to tell them where to go and what to do when they got there.PS - Casey you now owe me $250 for the consult
lblambert Tuesday 3/10/2009 at 11:34 PM | 39271
So Casey... How much has the traffic on your te risen?

Any new orders?
Snoballz Tuesday 3/10/2009 at 11:53 PM | 39272
I hat to say this, but these kinds of reports are only going to give someone like that peckerhead over at a certain webte, I don't want to mention, more ammunition to cause trouble for people.

Screw all these pricks. Independent Artists, ROCK ON!!!!
SithLord Wednesday 3/11/2009 at 12:04 AM | 39273
That is hilarious...

Well, at least it's free adverting.

Hopefully nothing legal comes your way man.

I am surprised I haven't gotten any emails yet from New Line or Anchor Bay about my figures.

DarkArtist81 Wednesday 3/11/2009 at 02:35 AM | 39289
I agree with Lee and that's pretty much what Casey and I were talking about earlier on the phone.

They've not released any pics yet so they can't do anything but make empty threats.

But Bisco is right, this could bring a little spot light where it's not wanted and they could try and scare Casey a bit.

But you can be assured that Zombie has seen the PsychopatH2 now. UPDATE:

So I've been thinking about this more and reading all those "other" te's blogs and news threads.

Seems like good old Bloody made the initial report and THEY mislead readers that this was the official look of the new H2 mask . .. then when they were called out they threw Casey under the bus and accused him of misleading readers with the "based" wording.

I think (my opinion) that Bloody was just trying to stir up news and it got a little out of control and they needed a scape goat.

If you recall a few days ago bloody-disgusting was claiming they had the new look of the H2 mask found on Zombie's Myspace page.

The image they referred to has been on that page for the past year and it's of the mask used in Zombie's H9.

You can tell they are chomp'n at the bit to break this story and this is the second time they've screw up. Then you've got Fango pretty much saying the same thing . . . "the naughty Prop Shop was misleading everybody".

They all got themselves worked up then when it wasn't the payoff they wanted they had to get mad at somebody.

Geez these guys love drama

DaShape Wednesday 3/11/2009 at 03:29 AM | 39292
I agree with Lee and that's pretty much what Casey and I were talking about earlier on the phone.

They've not released any pics yet so they can't do anything but make empty threats.

But Bisco is right, this could bring a little spot light where it's not wanted and they could try and scare Casey a bit.

But you can be assured that Zombie has seen the PsychopatH2 now.

Now if he uses a very milar mask in his H2 after Casey's marketed the PsychopatH2 it might be fun to send RZ & Trancas a C&D

;)
lblambert Wednesday 3/11/2009 at 03:34 AM | 39293

But you can be assured that Zombie has seen the PsychopatH2 now.

Now if he uses a very milar mask in his H2 after Casey's marketed the PsychopatH2 it might be fun to send RZ & Trancas a C&D

That would be Epic and talked about for ages . . . . "Remember when the Prop Shop ordered a C&D to Zombie?"

DaShape Wednesday 3/11/2009 at 03:40 AM | 39294
Ya know... It's sad really... I understand the whole purpose of copyrighted work, but you would think with the millons they've already made from it, they would care less what people make. If anything you would think they would say things like, "Damn, that dude did a killer job at recreating my sculpt!".

I just don't get it... People like to make it hard for others who are just having a good time and trying to make a living while doing it...

There's very few people out there who like to see someone get ahead in life... And I know what everyone is going to say to this... "It's all about the $$$$$$$$$$" If those people can make a few bucks selling there work to a company like Neca, they will do it to make there clothes more fancy...--Ryan
Harry Warden Wednesday 3/11/2009 at 04:14 AM | 39297
HOLY CRAP! I JUST SAW CASEY ON THE TONIGHT SHOW! Damn brother you work fast! I hate that you were misquoted man! But at the end of the day any exposure is good exposure!!!!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 3/11/2009 at 05:22 AM | 39300
Hmmmm interesting!

Klempo Wednesday 3/11/2009 at 01:03 PM | 39327
HOLY CRAP! I JUST SAW CASEY ON THE TONIGHT SHOW! Damn brother you work fast! I hate that you were misquoted man! But at the end of the day any exposure is good exposure!!!!

whoa, seriously?!?
DEUSEXMACHINA222 Thursday 3/12/2009 at 09:17 PM | 39470
Ya know... It's sad really... I understand the whole purpose of copyrighted work, but you would think with the millons they've already made from it, they would care less what people make. If anything you would think they would say things like, "Damn, that dude did a killer job at recreating my sculpt!".

I just don't get it... People like to make it hard for others who are just having a good time and trying to make a living while doing it...

There's very few people out there who like to see someone get ahead in life... And I know what everyone is going to say to this... "It's all about the $$$$$$$$$$" If those people can make a few bucks selling there work to a company like Neca, they will do it to make there clothes more fancy...--Ryan

As a collector of masks i obviously dont have a problem with recreations and such but by the same token I can completely understand any artist being pissed off when others are making money off THEIR creation. I don't think its not wanting people to get ahead in life per say....its just a matter of principal in a way. In any event it seems that for the most part when it comes to the Myers masks most people on both des are cool.

In the case of the Psychopath H2 (I love it) it may be a little touchy because the movie hasn't even come out yet. BUT Bloody really dropped the ball and acted like a bunch of f's .....just own up to your own misleading reporting!
ny ghoul Friday 3/13/2009 at 07:55 PM | 39594