Forums Horror Collectibles
JGTH Life-sized Costume

Well I got this about 95% finished and as usual I love it! I still need to do some more weathering and blending but not too much. As usual, it was made to fit me not my mannequin, so the shirt is a little tight and the cuts are slightly off from my mannequin being 6'5", and adding some extra bulk as well raises the cuts out of place. I made an undershirt as usual and I love how it turned out. I tried the method of latexing parts right into the outer shirt but I think it doesn't look realistic as having the parts stick out in actual holes as they would in reality.

In the movie the JGTH clothes look blueish but I found they are actually grey. Strangely enough a I found almost the exact color of grey shirts/pants at the thrift store, and they were the only ones in my ze yet again. I also have a lighter blue shirt I got long ago because I though the shirt was blue, which is how it looks with the lighting. But I saw the screen used shirt and other pictures that show the clothes as being grey. Not that it really matters, as weathereded so good that you can barely tell its color. It almost looks like an olive green now like my part 7, because I weathered it so much!

I also had all screen accurate cuts/rips and bullet holes, but the weathering just didn't seem like enough. Especially when I am used to making part 7's and part 8. So I modified the look some and made it nastier. This is "Jason goes to hell" after all, so I wanted him to look like he went through hell. I decided to use a bloody/burnt flesh tone to match the movie look and the undermask I got. I used a behind the scenes picture as a guide. I also made screen accurate wounds, especially the one on the right de in the pic. I used red/black acrylics to make it look really nasty, red for the wound and black areas of painted cotton to look like nasty chunks that I doubt will show up on camera.

I used standard liquid latex, paper towels, toilet paper, oatmeal, cotton, etc to make the parts. I also flesh tone acrylics for the skin, darkened slightly with brown, and then soaked in watered down black and red for a nasty blood effect. I painted my old zombie hands the same way, and cannot believe how well they turned out! Everything matches perfectly. I can't wait to get pics of the costume this year outde to show the details. I also made larger bullet wounds for effect. I found the absolutely perfect belt also at the thrift store, and I didn't even have to weather it! It is very worn out, and the brown leather is showing through the black badly. I am actually surprised the thrift store would charge anything for this lol. I am sure they also wondered why I am buying such a used and battered belt. But $1.99 was a steal. Perfect large buckle and everything.

The undermask is a "HellFace" by DWN Productions, and the Hockey Mask is custom made by Crash of course. The undermask is HUGE and the Hockey Mask is small and look embedded, as it should. I have a 23-1/4 inch head, and this mask actually fell down on me! Never had that happen with a ask ever. They are always too small or tight. I just put some sponges in the top and then it was perfect.

The eyes don't match up perfect on them, so less of the chin is shown. But I can raise the Hockey Mask some if no eye is vible. Oh yeah, I also made an eye just for fun and it also looks amazing! I just taped in a half eye to some tape to see what it looked like, and it turned out great. But I am going to make a nastier and better one. I also going to make an empty eye socket on the misng eye de, and make it real nasty and bloody looking as well like the rest of the parts. But you can barely see inde the Hockey Mask anyway with lighting above the life-zed. So it looks really cool and very creepy as it is.

I also getting a real (dulled) bloody machete with all kinds of nasty chunks and hair etc to complete the costume. This Halloween can't come soon enough lol. Like I said though the cuts are raised higher than they would be on me, but still look great. Also some of the undershirt may show through on the lifezed. That is all I can think of for now. Now I have to get used to sleeping with this thing looking at me. :) I also rolled up the sleeves some to show the hands better. Normally they would be down and buttoned.

Most of the details are drowned out in the poor lighting and lower-end camera, but some decent ones came out to give a good idea. I might take closer pics of the parts separately later on to show more details of the cuts/wounds. The hock sort of makes the reds look different but when I took it off they all looked the same lol. I am loving the last minute eye I made and can't wait until I get the nastier one and eye sockets done. But with the hock on this one works well, heck even off is pretty cool looking. I took a lot of pics as usual with and without flash to try and get as many angles as posble. The mask is slightly open on the back because I forgot to take the shirt off the head because I usually use hoods. But without the shirt it closes completely. The first few pics are from Crash to show the hock in better lighting and with a better camera, and one from DWN as well.

I love the HellFace a lot, even though it is not 100% accurate so to speak, it is the best I have seen out there as of now. I may order another one with an eye uncut. Very fast turn around on both products. As I said everything is not 100% done and weathered, but it looks good enough to take some pics. I need to start buying bigger shirts for display, but that would be twice the work.

This was a lot of fun and not as high on the frustration scale as the part 7, but the second hardest so far. I really need a better camera, or actually better lighting would be great. I love making these they are so realistic looking in person, and HUGE. I use a muscle costume underneath as a base then add some bags and shirts in other areas. But like I said the shirt was made to fit me not 6'5" 260 lbs lol. I added my own touches to show more flesh and blood, and some rotting just beginning. I also love the hair on the mask and how it is embedded in the strap lines. Enjoy.

sirbrad Friday 3/13/2009 at 05:00 AM | 39533
You never cease to amaze me with your Jason's!

That costume looks frickin' awesome!

I love it.

You can tell a lot of blood, sweat, and tears went into this costume and definitely shows.

It's going to be just that much more amazing when you put your finishing touches on it.

I love that Hellface mask.

Makes me wish we got to see Jason without his hockey mask in JGTH.

Great job bro.

Thanks for sharing.
Insomniac Friday 3/13/2009 at 05:27 AM | 39534
This is some ck costume. A lot of details....just freaking great!
Klempo Friday 3/13/2009 at 11:14 AM | 39545
looks good man!
DWN Productions Friday 3/13/2009 at 12:05 PM | 39551
got to give credit where credit is due bro. I love it!You did a great job on the exposed flesh.Out of what you have done so far this is def my favorite. Not sure if I like an unmasked JGTH(i made my hellbound into a hood., but with Crash's hock...well it is beautiful. Kudos Jeff
wickedbeard Friday 3/13/2009 at 01:38 PM | 39552
Thanks! Yeah I prefer it with the hock too, I only took the hock off to show the HellFace detailing. But when I am done with the eye sockets it can go without the hock if needed. But of course Jason's trademark is the hock, and nothing could ever be as gruesome as what your own imagination comes up with as to what lies beneath! My goal was to make it look better than the movie, at least more gruesome and bloodier. I wish I could wear a hood with this, but can't really because of the eye damage. But it will be worth wearing the whole mask for this look. I might even lift it up to show people once in awhile the horror that lies beneath.

The eye was a last minute idea, and it works great as is with the hock. But I am making a really nasty one for without the hock as well, and a decayed and bloody eye socket on the other de. With the hock on it is tough to see though due to shadows. That eye looking at me still freaks me out. I can't believe I actually finished it on Friday the 13th! I did not even realize that.

I put a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into this, mostly blood as you can see.

The real pain is all the fraying of every little rip and waiting for the paint coats to dry and then adding more paints etc. The hands turned out great, and like I said they were my old zombie hands that you can see in my first part 7 awhile back. There were grey and black mostly. I also painted the nails with a yellow paint (antique gold) and then a watered down black. The yellow came though nicely to give a really rotted/decaying look. I wish my camera and lighting could show all the intricate details, but it shows the big picture well. You can't appreciate it fully unless you see it in person. Here are some more pics with some sun coming in. I hope I can find a way to display my machete in his hands, but it it too heavy of course. Will have to take costume pics with it.

I love how the undermask is so big, even on a bulked up 260 lb frame it's still big! Which makes the hock look more embedded and nasty. Love it. The eye is coming off some and looks like a natural lazy eye now lol. Awesome. Next up should be Jason Lives. Here are some more pics with some sun coming in and darker. I will be adding finishing touches and weathering soon, then working on the eye sockets and eye.

sirbrad Friday 3/13/2009 at 05:14 PM | 39568
Superb

kaizu Friday 3/13/2009 at 05:37 PM | 39570
looks good man

Thanks man. Also thanks for making such a great undermask to make this all posble! I thought I was going to have to modify a mass-marketed one. I am glad Iw as able to find yours.

Oops forget without the mask lol.

sirbrad Friday 3/13/2009 at 05:41 PM | 39571
:HOF:Superb Greatly appreciate that, thanks! I am going to hate taking this one down as I did with the others, to start part 6. I am going to try very hard not to do VS or Jason X because I know they will be a bitch!

I may do part 4 at osme point as well which will pale in comparison to work involved with part 7,8, and JGTH.
sirbrad Friday 3/13/2009 at 05:44 PM | 39572
THAT IS CK!!! Very Creative Bro!!! I Love it!

Sometime I'd like to get a lifezed body to build from... I'd like to put a Nightmare 1 Freddy together...

Anyway, thats Freak'en Bomb Dude!!!

--Ryan
Harry Warden Friday 3/13/2009 at 06:01 PM | 39573
THAT IS CK!!! Very Creative Bro!!! I Love it!

Sometime I'd like to get a lifezed body to build from... I'd like to put a Nightmare 1 Freddy together...

Anyway, thats Freak'en Bomb Dude!!!

--Ryan

Thanks man. Yeah I plan on doing more Freddy's too. I want to do one with a new lcone mask and eye inserts I got, and my new VS glove I got coming. Man I can't wait.

I repainted "Zombie Gloves" the kind you can buy at Walmart for like $4.00. Here they are on my first ever part 7 years ago.

I also latexed the bottoms and painted them the same colors. I forget to add that I also used mod podge on all of the parts to make them look oozy and wet, just in case it is hard to tell by the pics. I will try to get better pics of the hands later on, but they look about the same as the other parts. Maybe I get some picsd outdoors with them.
sirbrad Friday 3/13/2009 at 06:14 PM | 39575
looks fantastic Brad! I owned a lifeze JGTH at one time and man do I miss it!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 3/14/2009 at 06:04 AM | 39666