Forums Off Topic
ATTENTION GHOULS: HORROR NIGHTS IN NYC!!!!

Hey everyone...

If you've read certain posts of mine then you'll know that Im a film maker and I co-own a movie company called HALLOWS EVE FILMS. We're based in NYC and dedicated to 70's and 80's horror cinema. We completed and are currently shopping our first full length called "The Turnpike Killer" and we're in the midst of producing our second feature film.

Along with making movies we wanted to do something that would bring back that old school spirit of the 70's and 80's when (good or bad) it seemed like there was a new horror film out in the theaters every weekend. In a time when we're bombarded with remakes we wanted to bring back the ORIGINALS! So.......

On the last Sunday of every month Hallows Eve Films is proud to present: "HORROR AT THE HELL GATE SOCIAL"! The Hell Gate Social is a REALLY cool lounge/club in Queens where we will host the event that will include: the screening of a clasc 70's/80's horror film; horror raffles and prize give aways; surprise guests; and all night long the DJ will spin horror punk; psycho billy; death metal and goth. FREE ADMISON!

Sunday March 29th is the first night so if you're in the NYC area come and hang out and enjoy the horrific festivities! more info to come! ;)
ny ghoul Monday 3/16/2009 at 12:19 PM | 39884
ok heres the info:

SUNDAY MARCH 29th HALLOWS EVE FILMS PRESENTS: Horror at the Hell Gate Social! "Night of the Demons" doors: 8pm club info:
href="http://www.hellgatesocial.com/">http://www.hellgatesocial.com/

we will be screening: first up? a short by one of Horrorbid's very own members! "FRANKENSTEIN UNEARTHED" by Henry aka "Shattered Lens"

and the feature: NIGHT OF THE DEMONS (1988) *unedited veron* NOTD was a killer 1988 horror that didn't receive too much attention and exposure. Directed by Kevin Tenney and starring THE scream queen of the 80s Linnea Quigley; "Night of the Demons" is a really cool story about a bunch of kids having a Halloween party at a local mortuary! Lots of fun and some killer gore!
ny ghoul Monday 3/16/2009 at 01:23 PM | 39888
Sounds cool...let's see if I can make it this time around...lol :)
kweandee Monday 3/16/2009 at 03:35 PM | 39891
C'mon all you werewolves; vampires; zombies; slashers and serial killers!

Support local horror! NYC
ny ghoul Tuesday 3/24/2009 at 04:42 AM | 40785
Hey Bud, I may not be able to make sunday's festivities but I would like to check out your spot....I live in Staten Island is it fairly mple to locate your place ???? thanks -matt
pooch Saturday 3/28/2009 at 12:13 AM | 41180
Hey Matt

We'll be doing this every month so if you cant make it Sunday then by all means come out in April or May. We'll also be doing a big screening party for THE TURNPIKE KILLER in June which should be a lot of fun. The venue is easy to get to from the BQE. You'd bacally take the bqe to the Grand Central and get off the last exit in Queens (right before the Triboro). from the Exit its like 10 blocks away. Easy parking. The N/W is also about 8 blocks away. Matt do you know the CINEMA EULOGIES guys from ? Also are you going to hit CHILLER?
ny ghoul Saturday 3/28/2009 at 01:35 AM | 41185
I'm gonna try to make a day trip to chiller .....I would like to check out the venue....with the directions it's fairly mple to get to.....As far as the cinema

eulogies,I never heard of them...

-matt
pooch Sunday 3/29/2009 at 11:27 PM | 41250