Forums Horror Collectibles
Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer (1986)

Alright, so last night, I watched this movie for the first time. Overall, I'd say it was solid. The sole reason the movie was terrifying is because this stuff happens in real life. Maybe not as much as it used to, but it still happens.

I was disappointed that all the deaths weren't shown. The movie was slow to develop but had a kick ass middle to end of the movie. It was entirely predictable, however.

SPOILERS!

I'd say the most predictable part is the 2nd time Otis asks Becky to get him a beer. After he grabbed her and tried to kiss her earlier in the film in the kitchen, it was quite obvious that once Henry left, something was going to happen.

However, I enjoyed the movie because it shows how a person can just seem perfectly fine on the outde, and then go off and murder people left and right. And the worst part is the fact that the people that actually do this, do not actually think it's wrong, or ck, or anything.

I thought the movie (being an 80's one) was very solid overall. It's good not to have to watch a movie that has all of the same horror cliches in it. I'd definitely say this is a must see flick if you like your ck and twisted movies.
KeeterZ Friday 3/20/2009 at 07:24 AM | 40244
This movie was one of the first horror films I saw when I was in High School to really shock me with its brutality. Of course now I'm so desentized it doesn't seem as bad and horror films in general have gotten so much more violent in regards to torture but I still conder it one of my favorite horror films of all time. Definitely in my top 10. Great acting by all three main characters.
FilmFiends Friday 3/20/2009 at 07:28 AM | 40245
Meh... The acting was so-so, IMO.

When being brutal and fierce with each other and the victims, the two main characters played their roles perfectly. Becky's character was terrible, and the discusons they would have with one another was pretty horribly acted.

But, it doesn't take away from the movie. It wasn't supposed to win an Oscar for best acting. It was to portay a small bit of Henry's lifestyle and make people understand how insance he was.
KeeterZ Friday 3/20/2009 at 07:35 AM | 40246
HENRY has to be one of the best horrors ever....its so bereft; fucked up and BLEAK. To this day the home invaon has to be one of the most disturbing scenes ever. I always feel weird after watching HENRY. The very last sequence is also so heavy. 8/10
ny ghoul Friday 3/20/2009 at 04:42 PM | 40276
It is not actually base on true story, a little but not all. But yeah the movie is great.
Klempo Saturday 3/21/2009 at 10:50 AM | 40372
I thought the movie was rather scary and disturbing

The whole show less thing worked imo! Haven't seen the sequal though.
kaizu Sunday 3/29/2009 at 08:45 AM | 41223
I watched this recently for the first time nce it was released. No longer shocking but it's still a good film.
Sourfacedbastard Monday 3/30/2009 at 11:55 AM | 41285