Forums Off Topic
Wrestlemania 25 Discussion Thread

Here's the updated and what could be the final card for WWE's WrestleMania 25 from Houston, TX. It should be noted that the match with Chris Jericho has not been confirmed or announced by WWE yet but should be on RAW this week. There also may be a dark match that will be shown on WWE.com like last year.

WWE Title Match Randy Orton vs. Triple H

World Title Match Big Show vs. John Cena vs. Edge

WWE Intercontinental Title Match Rey Mysterio vs. JBL

WWE Tag Championship Unification Match John Morrison and The Miz vs. Carlito and Primo Colon

Extreme Rules Match Matt Hardy vs. Jeff Hardy

25 Divas Battle Royal Featuring Divas of the past and present, with the winner being crowned Miss WrestleMania

The Streak On The Line Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker

Money in the Bank Ladder Match Finlay vs. MVP vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Kane vs. CM Punk vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Mark Henry vs. Christian Cage

Legends Handicap Match Chris Jericho vs. Jimmy Snuka, Roddy Piper and Ricky Steamboat with Ric Flair and Mickey Rourke at ringdeso how do you guys see this whole shebang going down?
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 3/23/2009 at 05:08 AM | 40659
I'll probably skip past this...

WWE Tag Championship Unification Match John Morrison and The Miz vs. Carlito and Primo Colon

and the divas match which will be equally dull.
Sourfacedbastard Monday 3/23/2009 at 11:11 AM | 40676
It's cool to see Rourke at Wrestlemania but why put a fake wrestling legend in a legend match? That makes no sense to me. Good card overall, I hope Triple H wins, I may not like wrestling to much but Triple H is awesome.
Cock Diesel Monday 3/23/2009 at 11:21 AM | 40677
im hoping the undertaker beats shawn michaels.. he probably is fixing to retire soon, he's been wrestling for more than 20 years now! Im almost sure the undertaker will beat shawn michaels.. hes the phenom!
Capnvlad Monday 3/23/2009 at 11:25 AM | 40678
It's cool to see Rourke at Wrestlemania but why put a fake wrestling legend in a legend match? That makes no sense to me. Good card overall, I hope Triple H wins, I may not like wrestling to much but Triple H is awesome.

He won't be in a wrestling match. He'll be at ringde.
Sourfacedbastard Monday 3/23/2009 at 11:26 AM | 40679
Come on, we both know he's going to get in the ring and wrestle. With all the training he went through for THE WRESTLER he's not gonna just t idle by ring de.

Someone is going to talk smack to him in the ring, bait him in, where he'll proceed into the ring and will beat the crap out of them, and I'm willing to put money down on that exact thing happening.
Cock Diesel Monday 3/23/2009 at 01:15 PM | 40696
The title matches are cool....to quote the great JR I think Triple H vs Orton will be a real slobber-knocker. I hope it gets bloody and Im pulling for the Legend killer! I'll be wearing my Orton hoodie that day! Im also pulling for EDGE over Big Show and Cena. The Hardy brothers should put on a great show and the money in the bank is always good. Primo and Carlito? two out of shape boring stupid characters vs the idiotic Miz/Morrison....ugh. beer break. Divas? beer break im hoping its good....something special should happen after all it IS the 25th anniversary!
ny ghoul Monday 3/23/2009 at 03:13 PM | 40708
WWE Title Match Randy Orton vs. Triple H (triple h retains, aint it a bitch to be married to the company's owner?)

World Title Match Big Show vs. John Cena vs. Edge (edge wins because he is THE heel right now)

WWE Intercontinental Title Match Rey Mysterio vs. JBL (yawn)

WWE Tag Championship Unification Match John Morrison and The Miz vs. Carlito and Primo Colon (who cares)

Extreme Rules Match Matt Hardy vs. Jeff Hardy (matt wins i just have that feeling)

25 Divas Battle Royal Featuring Divas of the past and present, with the winner being crowned Miss WrestleMania (yawn who cares why do we have to put up with this?)

The Streak On The Line Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker (mr wrestlemania shawn michaels wins)

Money in the Bank Ladder Match Finlay vs. MVP vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. Kane vs. CM Punk vs. Kofi Kingston vs. Mark Henry vs. Christian Cage (lamest money in the bank lineup EVER)

Legends Handicap Match Chris Jericho vs. Jimmy Snuka, Roddy Piper and Ricky Steamboat with Ric Flair and Mickey Rourke at ringde (jericho wins who cares)

yep ill be avoiding this one this year
Johnny Bisco Monday 3/23/2009 at 07:49 PM | 40722
i think the undertaker will end up winning this one.. he has a bigger reputation to keep for wrestlemania.. all shawn has to lose is the fact that he never lost to the undertaker..

yea i know.. skipping this one too.. i can't believe how much they are charging this year...
Capnvlad Monday 3/23/2009 at 08:30 PM | 40724
Here are the matches I am anticipating.

WWE Championship Triple H (C) VS Randy Orton My Pick: Randy Orton Reasons: Orton has been the hottest superstar thus far in 2009. He's formed the Legacy faction, won the Royal Rumble, feuded with the McMahons and is one of the main players in the biggest storyline of the year. The WWE has set it up for Orton to cement his place at the top of the company with a win in the main event of the 25th WrestleMania, quite posbly the most important WrestleMania thus far. Nearly all the top superstars in WWE history have won the title at WrestleMania, including Hogan, Austin, Savage, Warrior, Cena, Triple H, Batista, HBK and Bret. It's the ultimate achievement in wrestling, which is reserved for the best of the best. I have no doubt that Orton will eventually win the title from Triple H, but I feel it is critical that Orton wins at WrestleMania 25. Triple H winning might t better with the live crowd, but it would make Orton and Legacy look weak, especially condering the buildup has been all Triple H thus far. There is too much to gain from an Orton win compared to a Triple H win, not to mention the momentum Legacy will gain from a huge WrestleMania victory. That alone will make Legacy a tremendous force in the wrestling buness and help elevate Rhodes and DiBiase to a higher level in the eyes of the fans.

World Heavyweight Championship Edge VS John Cena VS Big Show My Pick: John Cena Reasons: Of the three superstars in the match, Cena is the only one who screams "WrestleMania main event". Edge is an excellent heel, but he is married to the GM and does not win titles in credible fashion, which makes it seem like he is weak and doesn't deserve his place at the top of the card. I believe he does, but his character has not been portrayed in such a way as to make him a believable threat in the main event at WrestleMania. As for Big Show, he should not even be in this match. In my opinion, Rey Mysterio should have gotten the third spot in the match. Edge vs Cena vs Rey? Now that would have made an excellent title match. I feel that with a heel (Orton) winning the other title match, you need a face winning this match to have that "feel-good moment". Plus, Cena returning to Smackdown as champ creates far more posbilities than Edge or Big Show as champ, and I will talk more about this later in the post.

Shawn Michaels VS Undertaker My Pick: Undertaker Reasons: Normally this could go either way, except for two words - the streak! This is the one thing that makes me want Undertaker to win. In my opinion, the streak had only one time when it should have ended and that was against Orton at WrestleMania 21. Although I didn't agree with Taker's win at the time, it was the right decion in the long run. Taker's streak has been the focus of his last 4 WrestleMania matches and is obviously the focus in his match with HBK this year. If HBK ends the streak, it just adds another accomplishment to his resume, but it does not elevate him any further. He is already Mr WrestleMania, a name that was coined due to his amazing performances at the show, rather than his win-loss record. A loss for HBK does not hurt him at all, while a loss for Taker will hurt his legacy. I believe that if the streak ends, it needs to end in Taker's last match, in what would be a fitting end to the streak and his career. If Taker loses at WrestleMania and continues wrestling, it won't seem as amazing when he finally does retire. Much like Austin at WrestleMania 19 when he finally lost to Rock, it would be a WrestleMania moment that would stay with us for years.

Undisputed Tag Titles John Morrison & The Miz VS Carlito & Primo My Pick: John Morrison & The Miz Reasons: As the tag team of the year, it would be more than fitting for Miz and Morrison to become the Undisputed Tag Team Champions at the biggest show of the year. Their Dirt Sheet segments have been hilarious and have helped both men gain confidence in their arrogant heel roles. I guess the only problem would be the lack of competition should they win. Carlito and Primo are the only team that have beaten them when a set of titles are on the line. Should Miz and Morrison win, it would be difficult for a regular tag team to be deemed strong enough to take the titles from them, which would lead to the predictable teaming of main event faces (ie. Benoit/Jericho, Batista/Rey, etc.) to defeat them. But on the other hand, the tag team of Carlito and Primo (mainly due to Primo) are not big enough stars yet to warrant the Undisputed Tag Titles. If Miz and Morrison win, they will have yet another accolade to brag about, which would lead to many hilarious promos. In my opinion, Miz and Morrison are the money team, so they should unify the titles.

Matt Hardy VS Jeff Hardy My Pick: Jeff Hardy Reasons: This was probably my hardest pick, condering I like both guys. Jeff is already an established main eventer, while Matt is just behind him. I could look at it like Bret-Owen and say that Matt winning would elevate him to a higher potion on the card. However, I do not believe that will happen, even if Matt wins. The problem with Matt is that nearly everything with him is very generic compared to Jeff. Jeff has the high-risks, exciting moves, sympathetic character and fan support, all things which Matt lacks. Even as a heel, Matt has lacked the charisma to truly make him stand out as a potential main eventer. Not to mention that despite the turn, the WWE is still having him lose matches in relatively weak fashion (eg. MVP). Jeff is the bigger star of the two brothers and deserves to have a big WrestleMania moment. His only highlights at WrestleMania have been high-risk spots in ladder matches, which he ended up long. He needs a big win and now is the perfect time. A Jeff win will ensure a rematch between the two at Backlash, which Matt can win by cheating, before Jeff wins the feud in a gimmick match on a later PPV.

Money In The Bank CM Punk VS Christian VS MVP VS Shelton Benjamin VS Kofi Kingston VS Kane VS Finlay VS Mark Henry My Pick: Shelton Benjamin although I hope it's Christian or Kofi.

Reasons: Here's the deal. Kane, Finlay and Mark Henry have no chance at winning, nor do they deserve to. It is too early in Kofi's career, while Punk won last year. This leaves Christian, MVP and Shelton. Thus far, Christian has not been booked strongly enough to buy him as a World Champion, let alone cashing in MITB as a face. In my opinion, this title stipulation should be left to heels, as Punk's win last year proved. With that in mind, I would pick Shelton over MVP. Shelton has had a long run as United States Champion and is finally ready to be elevated to the main event. Shelton has been MVP in nearly every MITB he has participated in, so it would be fitting for him to finally win it. He has the most experience in the match and would benefit the most of any of the competitors with the win. As a heel, Shelton cashing in on John Cena for the World Heavyweight Championship would make sense. If anyone can help elevate Shelton to that next level, it's Cena. I believe that working with Cena would put Shelton in a potion to help his personality and mic skills, which are his only flaws. If the WWE is serious about pushing Shelton, now is the perfect time to do it.

As for the legends match, I am ck to my stomach about this one. Vince went for Hulk Hogan but Hogan wanted too much money and then had back surgery. Then Stone Cold said he didn't want a match although I do think he may make a run in. This match sucks the way it is. I am hoping tonight something happens to change this but we will just have to wait and see. Overall I am excited about Mania this year, Fenner and I will be getting it and I am sure it will be a great time.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 3/23/2009 at 10:49 PM | 40740
RAW was good tonight. The ending drug on way too long but I liked the whole angle. I think they are going to merge the brands finally. At least I hope so. I HATE THE BRAND SPLIT! Always have!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 3/24/2009 at 04:20 AM | 40783
yea i know.. skipping this one too.. i can't believe how much they are charging this year...

Which is why I never pay for it. I watch it for free.
Sourfacedbastard Tuesday 3/24/2009 at 03:20 PM | 40805
Come on, we both know he's going to get in the ring and wrestle. With all the training he went through for THE WRESTLER he's not gonna just t idle by ring de.

Someone is going to talk smack to him in the ring, bait him in, where he'll proceed into the ring and will beat the crap out of them, and I'm willing to put money down on that exact thing happening.

Of course he will. It's not like they got him to appear because of his pretty face. I did watch an interview with him recently. He stated that he was going to be making an appearance at Wrestlemania but had been advised not to get in the ring.
Sourfacedbastard Tuesday 3/24/2009 at 03:22 PM | 40806
I think The Undertaker will beat shawn michaels. However it could turn out to be just like the montreal screwjob with Brett Hart and Shawn Michaels will walk out of WrestleMania with the victory.
krueger4653 Tuesday 3/24/2009 at 03:55 PM | 40808
I think The Undertaker will beat shawn michaels. However it could turn out to be just like the montreal screwjob with Brett Hart and Shawn Michaels will walk out of WrestleMania with the victory.

I only pray that they would do something that cool. I do see the Undertaker winning this, my only question is will it be a clean victory or not. Either one of these guys could get a lot of heat in this match if they were to cheap shot their way to victory. It will be fun to see.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 3/25/2009 at 05:16 AM | 40897
I reckon Undertaker will win. I also get the feeling that he'll retire before the year is out.
Sourfacedbastard Wednesday 3/25/2009 at 12:12 PM | 40917
I reckon Undertaker will win. I also get the feeling that he'll retire before the year is out.

you know I am wondering the same thing. Wouldn't it be a shocker if Taker wins or loses and retires right then and there. It could happen, you never know!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 3/26/2009 at 04:55 AM | 40968
It would be ck is he wins and then disappears. But you know the wwe likes to milk retirements for all their worth. Look at Flair. They'd have a merchanding feast with the Undertaker's "death".
ny ghoul Thursday 3/26/2009 at 05:01 PM | 40980

you know I am wondering the same thing. Wouldn't it be a shocker if Taker wins or loses and retires right then and there. It could happen, you never know

Well if he doesn't retire at this years Wrestlemania I can see him retiring in the not too distant future. When he does finally retire, I hope he bows out gracefully unlike Ric Flair who just keeps hanging around like a bad smelling fart.
Sourfacedbastard Thursday 3/26/2009 at 06:44 PM | 40986

you know I am wondering the same thing. Wouldn't it be a shocker if Taker wins or loses and retires right then and there. It could happen, you never know

Well if he doesn't retire at this years Wrestlemania I can see him retiring in the not too distant future. When he does finally retire, I hope he bows out gracefully unlike Ric Flair who just keeps hanging around like a bad smelling fart. LMAO
Johnny Bisco Friday 3/27/2009 at 12:05 PM | 41090
I always imagend the undertaker winning 20 wrestlemanias then retire, but I dont know if he can last that long.
krueger4653 Friday 3/27/2009 at 12:53 PM | 41092
why not flair wrestled for a freaking eternity
Johnny Bisco Friday 3/27/2009 at 02:02 PM | 41095

Well the undertaker gets hurt a lot, any time he has dissappeared, or was gone for a while, wasnt because they were building up hype for his next match. It was because he was hurt. But they cant say he's hurt or else it will take away from the undertakers character.
krueger4653 Friday 3/27/2009 at 03:34 PM | 41108

Well the undertaker gets hurt a lot, any time he has dissappeared, or was gone for a while, wasnt because they were building up hype for his next match. It was because he was hurt. But they cant say he's hurt or else it will take away from the undertakers character.

exactly Will, he does get injured a quite a bit and until recently he was on a "part-time" schedule with the company. Meaning he would do 2 wrestling matches on Smack Down a month and pay-per-views but wouldn't do house shows (non televised shows). So unless he goes back to that I can't seeing him making it to 20 Mania's. He has so much respect back stage I don't think he wants to be perceived as "hanging on too long" like Flair did......
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 3/31/2009 at 04:21 AM | 41376

exactly Will, he does get injured a quite a bit and until recently he was on a "part-time" schedule with the company. Meaning he would do 2 wrestling matches on Smack Down a month and pay-per-views but wouldn't do house shows (non televised shows). So unless he goes back to that I can't seeing him making it to 20 Mania's. He has so much respect back stage I don't think he wants to be perceived as "hanging on too long" like Flair did......

The Undertaker was actually here in lexington at a house show, and I'm pissed off that I didnt go because I thought he wouldnt show up. But you also have to think, we he does retire, how will he do it? I highly doubt he'll do the whole Flair thing and give a long speech to the fans and say goodbye to everyone.
krueger4653 Tuesday 3/31/2009 at 01:59 PM | 41399
I'd love to see Taker go 20-0 but you guys are right . . . at the rate he's going he'll be lucky to go 18-0 (obviously he's beating Michaels at 25 because the fans practically look more forward to the streak match than any of the championship bouts at this point, it would be stupid to end the streak unless he's about to retire).
DaShape Wednesday 4/01/2009 at 02:13 PM | 41498
2 more days!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 4/04/2009 at 02:35 AM | 41784
full review tomorrow but hands down the best match of the night. The showstopper vs. the dead man. They brought the house freaking down! Overall, great Mania!!!!!!!!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 4/06/2009 at 02:21 AM | 41880
Yep, they should have saved the Undertaker/Michaels Match for the end . .. after that you could tell the crowd was just spent.

Ealy the best match of the night by far.
DaShape Monday 4/06/2009 at 02:43 AM | 41882
if they made more matches like that one.. then wrestling would be back in buness.. but that takes alot of sacrafice.. undertaker almost broke his own neck, aswell as the camera mans after that suicide dive.. i was flipping out..
Capnvlad Monday 4/06/2009 at 03:11 AM | 41883
hey guys, looks like the tag match made it before the show started on pay-per-view in what they call a dark match. They have these before Smackdown and Raw each week. For whatever reason they scrubbed it before the show. Here are the results....

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/images/3883682/9785148

On The Grandest Stage of Them All, in front of more than 70,000 captivated members of the WWE Universe, WWE Tag Team Champions Carlito & Primo forged their place in history by defeating World Tag Team Champions John Morrison & The Miz in a Lumberjack Match to become the Unified WWE Tag Team Champions.

The high-stakes battle kept the electrified WWE Universe completely transfixed as each action-packed moment proved bigger than the one before it. The entire crowd held a collective breath with every near fall; every dangerous ascenon to the top rope; every time Superstars hurled their opponents to the dangerous lumberjacks in an absolute fast-paced, slugfest of epic proportions. In the end, Primo unified the gold in style, countering Morrison by borrowing a modified veron of his brother and partner’s Backstabber to snatch destiny’s three-count.

Problems between the two decorated tag teams can be summed up in three explove words: Gold, girls and glory. The Colon Brothers and their “Dirt Sheet” adversaries each successfully defended their titles against the other, all while playing tug-of-war with the affections of Nikki & Brie Bella. On the same night that Carlito & Primo threw down the ultimate gauntlet for a Unification Match at WrestleMania, The Bellas split with each other, each lending their support to one of the tag teams. And just when it looked like the excitement could be no greater, ECW General Manager Theodore Long shocked Superstars and fans alike by declaring the historic battle a Lumberjack Match.

The World Tag Team Championship – the original tag team title of WWE – built an illustrious history on the backs of iconic brothers-in-arms that include Tony Atlas & Hall of Famer Rocky Johnson, The Hart Foundation, Demolition, Money Inc. and Edge & Christian. Fighting for tag team supremacy at WrestleMania meant risking life and limb, incorporating everything from the unforgiving cane of Freddie Blase to the most lethal of ladders along the way.

When the WWE Tag Team Championship was created in 2002, it changed the very nature of tag team action in the process. From that point forth, there would always be two separate, elite tag team divions. And though the new titles gained instant prestige, separation has never been where the true spirit of the tag team championship lays.

The best tag team is the one that is truly unified, transforming the diverse strengths of two Superstars into the fluidity and power of one. And on The Grandest Stage of Them All, every member of the WWE Universe stood witness as Carlito & Primo once again made that philosophy a reality, bringing things full-circle as they solidified themselves among the annals of tag team greatness.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 4/06/2009 at 03:48 AM | 41889
Dark matches are fine for cable but when you pay $55 for pay-per-view . . . you should get every match.

oh well, still an incredible show.
DaShape Tuesday 4/07/2009 at 05:52 AM | 41980
must make the wrestlers feel cheated out, i mean, they are pouring their soul into each match, doing high risk maneuvers and everything.. i can't belive how much PPVs are these days.. i remember when they were 33 bucks and that was the same price for wrestlemania!
Capnvlad Tuesday 4/07/2009 at 10:16 AM | 41984
I didn't get chance to watch it on Sunday so watched it tonight. I have to say apart from the diva bullshit that nobody was interested in and the Triple H vs Randy Orton match that was slow and dull, this years Wrestlemania was one of the best I've seen for years. The Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels match was fantastic!
Sourfacedbastard Wednesday 4/08/2009 at 09:15 PM | 42149
I saw the last 2 WM live so it was different tting home and watching this one, And I thought it was a great show. It was better than 23 but not last years. The Taker/Michaels match owned the night for sure.
Dougie Friday 4/10/2009 at 04:39 AM | 42304