Forums Horror Collectibles
need assistance: using rit dye for h4 AND h9/rz h2 coveralls

i posted this on mm.net and as usual got no replies. . yes i used the search feature. . ive already looked for a few hours (way too long) and all i see is mentioning ung rit dye but i see nothing on tips, uses etc. . any tips would be appreciated. .i have carharts x01's i got for 20 USD!!!!! (this is not correct for h9 but correct for the new rz h2) do i just make a concentrate and add it to the coveralls?

and i have some walls fishers (i got for 25) h4 pin stripes. .

do i just dye this as per the package?

(also i dont know if this is the correct forum. . please move if necessary. . )
DEUSEXMACHINA222 Thursday 3/26/2009 at 04:41 PM | 40978
Rit dye is the stuff in the small boxes right?

If so, I seen my mother use that to dye a white t-shirt, purple... I can recall her ung a pan full of water on the stove. She heated it until it was either boiling or just really hot and then I guess she dumped the contents into the water and mixed it really good... Then I guess you just soak whatever you are dying in the pan for however long it says to or just until it is the right shade that you want and then take it out and let it drain in the nk... I geuss let it dry that way and wait about 24 hours before washing so that it is set up and perminant...

If this is not the right kinda dye... well... Have no clue... Not to firmiliar with the stuff to be honest...

Hopefully this helps...

--Ryan
Harry Warden Thursday 3/26/2009 at 07:20 PM | 40994
OK I have dyed both of those types of coveralls. I use the liquid rit dye. I pour about 1/3rd into my kitchen nk after I fill that up with hot tap water. I mix it and then add in the coveralls to the nk. I let them t for 30 min then flip them and do the same on the other de. You can always add for dye to the water. The key is to go slow. Hang dry them after your done and check out the color. Remember when they dry you will end up with a lighter shade.
quietonthesetstudios Thursday 3/26/2009 at 07:26 PM | 40995