Forums Horror Collectibles
IMPORTANT CROFADER GIVEAWAY ANNOUNCEMENT!!

As of today Mikeypaul91 still has not claimed his prize.

IF he still has not claimed his prize in this thread by 3-31-09....the last day of this month we will re-draw and pick a new winner.

ALL IS NOT LOST
HorrorSanctum Thursday 3/26/2009 at 08:41 PM | 41010
Come on Mikey . . . you joined up, made one post, and haven't been back nce.

You need to get back in here and complete the Cinderella story.

;)
gummi Thursday 3/26/2009 at 09:03 PM | 41017
Word.
DrenTheLiar Thursday 3/26/2009 at 09:57 PM | 41022
I knew from the get go I stood no chance in hell at winning this, but still I checked the thread everyday... lmao...

Maybe Mikey was drunk at the time and forgot about it??? lol... One of the horrible de effects of alchool... Idunno, it honestly would be a shame if he didn't claim his prize... A serious shame...

For his sake I hope he does, but hey... If not, then "All Is Fare In Love An War"... Thats crazy though... This would be the first time in History that nobody has claimed a prize this big... Thats like hitting the lotto and throughing away the winning ticket... lol...

Oh but there's still plenty of time left, I'm sure he'll claim it!!!

--Ryan
Harry Warden Thursday 3/26/2009 at 10:31 PM | 41025
lots ofpeople do that

gn up when big head announces a contest, posts once and never comes back again

sam you can just "redraw" my name if you want

Johnny Bisco Thursday 3/26/2009 at 10:53 PM | 41026
I think he sent me a message saying to just send me the mask. lol
cropsy Thursday 3/26/2009 at 11:18 PM | 41028
Seriously... I would just re draw a name and maybe that person will bother to claim to the prize..
quietonthesetstudios Thursday 3/26/2009 at 11:32 PM | 41032
ill take it,

sam you still have my info right? i'll be sure to take some awesome pics with it seth
halloween killer Thursday 3/26/2009 at 11:42 PM | 41035
Guys I just wanted to let you know that it was actually ME....um...I couldnt log in as NY GHOUL for some reason so I had to make up a name and Michael Paul is my brothers name and thats how....I..............ugh I figured Id try!

ok Im gonna sound like a big prick here with this quip but i do think its MAJORLY lame-0 when people gn up on boards ONLY when theres a give-away. You never see them again. I know contests draw people to the forum but Id be interested to know just how many stick around. Is it unfair to limit contests to people with lets say 25 or more posts at least?
ny ghoul Friday 3/27/2009 at 12:17 AM | 41046
ok Im gonna sound like a big prick here with this quip but i do think its MAJORLY lame-0 when people gn up on boards ONLY when theres a give-away. You never see them again. I know contests draw people to the forum but Id be interested to know just how many stick around. Is it unfair to limit contests to people with lets say 25 or more posts at least?

I couldn't agree more.

It's a real shame that this may go to someone who doesn't even vit the te.
gummi Friday 3/27/2009 at 12:51 AM | 41051
Guys I just wanted to let you know that it was actually ME....um...I couldnt log in as NY GHOUL for some reason so I had to make up a name and Michael Paul is my brothers name and thats how....I..............ugh I figured Id try!

You don't sound like a prick... I actually feel the same way... The only differance is I feel no less than 80 posts... It's easy to have 25... Usually a person who intends on sticking around usually by around 80 posts it's safe to say that they are pretty much here...

--Ryan
Harry Warden Friday 3/27/2009 at 12:53 AM | 41053
Or you can just give the mask to some poor Slovenian guy!

;)
Klempo Friday 3/27/2009 at 01:55 AM | 41058
Just from talking to people at conventions Ive seen that theres people who just patrol forums and tes and enter every Fango; Dread Central; etc contest to win something. Nothing against the person who won here but I think a person with 1-5-10-20 posts? Do they even KNOW what they're getting? I noticed this hardcore with the F13 giveaway....all of a sudden there were dozens of one posts along with people from other forums who showed up for the give away and thats it. We'll never hear from them again unless theres another contest.

I propose a post minimum for SOME not all contests. Anyone else agree?

Again Im not trying to stir shit up here but when dealing with something as precious as Sam's Crofader or a piece from the Prop Shop I think we owe it to the artists; to ourselves and to the spirit of the hobby that it ends up in good and worthy hands. Not some contest hound.
ny ghoul Friday 3/27/2009 at 04:13 AM | 41070
Just from talking to people at conventions Ive seen that theres people who just patrol forums and tes and enter every Fango; Dread Central; etc contest to win something. Nothing against the person who won here but I think a person with 1-5-10-20 posts? Do they even KNOW what they're getting? I noticed this hardcore with the F13 giveaway....all of a sudden there were dozens of one posts along with people from other forums who showed up for the give away and thats it. We'll never hear from them again unless theres another contest.

I propose a post minimum for SOME not all contests. Anyone else agree?

Again Im not trying to stir shit up here but when dealing with something as precious as Sam's Crofader or a piece from the Prop Shop I think we owe it to the artists; to ourselves and to the spirit of the hobby that it ends up in good and worthy hands. Not some contest hound.That was VERY WELL stated and I tip my can of Diet Citrus Squirt to you my dear friend! I am certainly in agreement of this! --Ryan
Harry Warden Friday 3/27/2009 at 04:43 AM | 41073
Hey, I registered just for the contest, even though I've vited the te and forums months before I joined, and just because I'm not a long time member or don't have a high post count, doesn't mean I'm not just a big of a fan of Halloween and other horror franchises as someone with over 1,000 posts or more, now I'm not saying this guy who won didn't just join to take a free mask and leave, but don't be so critical on the noobies guys, and back on topic, I'm still available to take that mask off your hands, Sam

stingerfan Friday 3/27/2009 at 06:19 AM | 41074
Hey, I registered just for the contest, even though I've vited the te and forums months before I joined, and just because I'm not a long time member or don't have a high post count, doesn't mean I'm not just a big of a fan of Halloween and other horror franchises as someone with over 1,000 posts or more, now I'm not saying this guy who won didn't just join to take a free mask and leave, but don't be so critical on the noobies guys, and back on topic, I'm still available to take that mask off your hands, SamOk bro, we knew many people come to HB just for contests as they do at many other places, but it's not the point. Every member need to begin with the 1st post. What we are trying to say is that HB could make some rules for the contests, like at least 50 posts (when you change the level) or resgister time. I agreed everyone should have a chance to participate, but other constests will happen and the member who really want to make part of HB will keep looking and posting and helping Horrorbid growing up. What to say when a thing like this happen? The guy joined, posted once and never came back? I'm saying it's not fair with the active members.

Lückmann

LÜCKMANN Friday 3/27/2009 at 10:50 AM | 41088
Hey, I registered just for the contest, even though I've vited the te and forums months before I joined, and just because I'm not a long time member or don't have a high post count, doesn't mean I'm not just a big of a fan of Halloween and other horror franchises as someone with over 1,000 posts or more, now I'm not saying this guy who won didn't just join to take a free mask and leave, but don't be so critical on the noobies guys, and back on topic, I'm still available to take that mask off your hands, SamHey Stinger Im not saying that you or every low poster out there isn't a big horror fan but the way I see it is like this. We all start with one post as Luckmann said. But we stick around and grow as a forum that kinda becomes a small family in a way. Whether you need advice on a film or piece; whether you're making or seeking a film review; finding out news from artists; etc etc thats what a forum is all about. Its a horror community.

The DaShape and Booman to a killer job here and I know they would love to see this place grow even more. If dozens of people drop in and just read posts and leave a comment here or there once every 4 months that really doesn't help anyone. Its not productive. And lets face it when someone we know absolutely NADA about steps in and wins a contest like the Crofader.......I dunno it gives me a weird feeling. Again Stinger...Im not judging you but I will say that Im potive that 3/4ths of the "one post willys" came for a shot at the prize and left. And Id bet they didnt even know

what the heck CROFADER meant lol.

anyway Im glad some have agreed with me.....Warden I accept the honour of that diet squirt........I have a viking horne filled with Orangina raised in your honor at the moment!

ny ghoul Friday 3/27/2009 at 02:55 PM | 41102
That was VERY WELL stated and I tip my can of Diet Citrus Squirt to you my dear friend!

LOL...

I dunno I can agree and disagree...on the one hand I can definately agree for certain contest maybe there should be a post min or something to avoid aggrivation like this and to keep from wasting time like this in well Sam's (the artist) case anyway...he could of done shipped it out and been on to more important things but instead he has to worry about when someone may or may not claim they're prize and if not drawing someone else all over again. sounds like a pain in the ass.

on the other hand the point in posting these contest annoucements all over the place I can only assume is to draw more attention to the te hosting it and to the artist themselves. It creates traffic, attention, hype, whatever and its benifical overall cause it brings more new people to the te to keep it growing and more attention to the artist leading to potential sales.

I don't know...I guess I don't look at it being any real pain for us as the members. If he claims it then hey good for him he was the winner anyway and if he doesn't then it just gives someone else a chance.
kweandee Friday 3/27/2009 at 03:20 PM | 41105
I think there should be a requirement to join in contests, the only problem with that is is that there are some people on here who do read different posts and are on here a lot, they just dont post anything. However I think we should put an end to all this and just give me the mask. If you choose not to, well, then my army and I are ready to go to WAR!!!!!!!.

THE END IS NEAR!!!
krueger4653 Friday 3/27/2009 at 03:28 PM | 41106
I think there should be a requirement to join in contests, the only problem with that is is that there are some people on here who do read different posts and are on here a lot, they just dont post anything. However I think we should put an end to all this and just give me the mask. If you choose not to, well, then my army and I are ready to go to WAR!!!!!!!.

THE END IS NEAR!!!

Like you said, the problem with having a minimum post requirement is the fact that there ARE quality members here on the board that browse it regularly, but don't post. It would be unfair to them, as well as the newer members.

But I like your idea of putting an end to it and giving me the mask.
Myers31TKD Friday 3/27/2009 at 03:51 PM | 41118
maybe the contests should be more involved than just posting once in a thread and having a random draw that way at least some thought is put into it

thats just me

when i did some dvd giveaways i made people do funny screencaps
Johnny Bisco Friday 3/27/2009 at 05:03 PM | 41140

THE END IS NEAR!!!

Like you said, the problem with having a minimum post requirement is the fact that there ARE quality members here on the board that browse it regularly, but don't post. It would be unfair to them, as well as the newer members.

But I like your idea of putting an end to it and giving me the mask.

Not to

but a quality member is a well rounded one. I think you hafta post. Ive seen other forums once in a while get rid of accounts that havent made a post in 3 months or so.

I think a random drawing is best because noones feelings get hurt or noone can cry favoritism like if theres judging invloved but theres got to be a better way.
ny ghoul Friday 3/27/2009 at 05:26 PM | 41145
I can see all differant points being stated here, and balancing them out on both my hands, I can understand each point and why you feel that way.

Here's how I see it... "This is not in all cases I am Sure", but as nyghoul said, at least 3/4th worth...

I feel people who join, but don't post anything are either here for learning purposes, which doesnt seem to make much sense when there is no questions being asked about anything... But, who can point the fingers??? Nobody... So...

Why wait until a contest happens to post something??? Must be why the majoity gn up and don't post anything until this happens... ? ...

I know that there are some who arnt like that and that is true, BUT to narrow it all down to the T, I would geuss at least 3/4th only do it for contests... So... I am with you nyghoul and I agree...

With all these differant points being made, there is an easy way to sum this up into a nut shell and hold a vote in a seperate thread... Then leave it to the Artists, Admin/Mods to feather it out as to how things are going to role...

First off, I start this with a Minium of 80 posts, thats a 75% chance they are here for the fun and for the comminity And for Horrorbid itself...

Second off, Perhaps for the more higher end pieces, set the standards a little higher, More involved for a contest like Bisco has mentioned.

Third off, Anyone who wins the auction claim there prize withen 3 days... I feel if someone is true to the community that they should at least take 5 minutes of there day to check back on things... It's a sad thing whenever someone wins a kick ass contest and piss around with claiming there prize... I know this community pretty damn good by now and I could give a list of people who would have claimed that prize the same day they were choosen... Why??? Because they are an active member here and they love the community... They are here for more then just the contests... Thats why...

I feel the only way to settle this debate is to hold a vote on a seperate thread After Justin and Joel return from HMA Weekend... It's only fair that they can see how we feel and are able to take action with this... Regaurdless if they dede to resolve the issue or leave it for what it is... Either way I respect them and I will deal with whatever they dede to do with no hard feelings... We are a family and we know who is who around here... So regaurdless what happens with the issue we will just carry on like always and move forward...

I just hope my opinions do not offend anyone...

--Ryan
Harry Warden Saturday 3/28/2009 at 11:04 PM | 41210
I can see all differant points being stated here, and balancing them out on both my hands, I can understand each point and why you feel that way.

Here's how I see it... "This is not in all cases I am Sure", but as nyghoul said, at least 3/4th worth...

I feel people who join, but don't post anything are either here for learning purposes, which doesnt seem to make much sense when there is no questions being asked about anything... But, who can point the fingers??? Nobody... So...

Why wait until a contest happens to post something??? Must be why the majoity gn up and don't post anything until this happens... ? ...

I know that there are some who arnt like that and that is true, BUT to narrow it all down to the T, I would geuss at least 3/4th only do it for contests... So... I am with you nyghoul and I agree...

With all these differant points being made, there is an easy way to sum this up into a nut shell and hold a vote in a seperate thread... Then leave it to the Artists, Admin/Mods to feather it out as to how things are going to role...

First off, I start this with a Minium of 80 posts, thats a 75% chance they are here for the fun and for the comminity And for Horrorbid itself...

Second off, Perhaps for the more higher end pieces, set the standards a little higher, More involved for a contest like Bisco has mentioned.

Third off, Anyone who wins the auction claim there prize withen 3 days... I feel if someone is true to the community that they should at least take 5 minutes of there day to check back on things... It's a sad thing whenever someone wins a kick ass contest and piss around with claiming there prize... I know this community pretty damn good by now and I could give a list of people who would have claimed that prize the same day they were choosen... Why??? Because they are an active member here and they love the community... They are here for more then just the contests... Thats why...

I feel the only way to settle this debate is to hold a vote on a seperate thread After Justin and Joel return from HMA Weekend... It's only fair that they can see how we feel and are able to take action with this... Regaurdless if they dede to resolve the issue or leave it for what it is... Either way I respect them and I will deal with whatever they dede to do with no hard feelings... We are a family and we know who is who around here... So regaurdless what happens with the issue we will just carry on like always and move forward...

I just hope my opinions do not offend anyone...

--Ryan

Ryan man I think thats a super-post right there. We'll await the return of the boss men and hopefully have a vote.

Does anyone know if the Crofader mask was claimed by the winner?
ny ghoul Sunday 3/29/2009 at 05:03 AM | 41220
Thanks bro! I would imagen something that serious, Sam or someone would have said it by now? or the dude would have posted that he claimed it in here...

But then again ya never know?

It will all come out in the wash here soon enough... 2 more days...

I still can't get over the fact that he never claimed it... yet anyway...

That actually churns my stomach to think about it...

--Ryan
Harry Warden Sunday 3/29/2009 at 05:10 AM | 41221
"Third off, Anyone who wins the auction claim there prize withen 3 days... I feel if someone is true to the community that they should at least take 5 minutes of there day to check back on things... It's a sad " Agree
kaizu Sunday 3/29/2009 at 10:18 AM | 41224
I think competitions should be open only for people with a post count of a 50 or more. Not that a post count has anything to do with what a person is like or how much they're into masks/horror related stuff. But I do think the the higher the post count the more committed they are to getting involved in other things bedes competitions. My post count isn't masve. But my emails and this te are the first things I look at when on the net. I save looking for tes with pictures of white dog turds for later.
Sourfacedbastard Sunday 3/29/2009 at 11:54 AM | 41226
Trust me, I would love to win the mask just like the next guy,but yes you should have at least 50 or more posts to enter contest. is there anyway i can roll-over my posts from another te but i do agree with the majority on this one..

mike
bramabull71 Sunday 3/29/2009 at 12:38 PM | 41227
If you really t down and think thris through... I think once all the other Contest Snippers out there see that horrorbid is tying the strings tight on them, that it would give the forum more backbone and I think at least 65% "or better" of the members we gain would be here, to be here and not "Just" for the contests...

Call me dumb, but it makes sense that it would only work out for the better of horrorbid... Like I said though... another day and the Boss Men will be returning... We'll see what happens...

--Ryan
Harry Warden Sunday 3/29/2009 at 02:28 PM | 41230
I think the post min. could work, but it could also create a bunch of post whores that the mods have to take care of.

I think maybe the contests should be more involved (like post a pic of your best Bisco impreson or who can fit the most keychains on their nipples

)

I think if you do something that requires posting a pic or something along those lines, it will weed out the one time posters
chubacabra Sunday 3/29/2009 at 02:32 PM | 41231
I agree with this as well... That could work too... Many ways to go about it...

Hell anyone can do a Bisco Impersonation... It just requires "ALOT" of Beer!As far as the Keychains and Nipples go... lol, It's obvious who would win and thats just fine with me!I'm crazy... I'll do some of the stupidest and most embarasng things to win a contest... I'm in more for the laughs and giggles then to win... --Ryan
Harry Warden Sunday 3/29/2009 at 02:44 PM | 41232
I say post minimum and random. That could and should work. Pics are cool and could be fun but that involves someone having to judge and not everyone is comfortable taking/posting pics.

Somewhere between 50 and 80....maybe 70? Im interested to see what the "Dons" have to say about this. They might make us an offer we cant refuse!

ps....i may be getting paranoid...BUT.....the jerks who just lurk around and join for prizes still DO want their loot. Its really strange that "mikeypaul" hasnt claimed the mask. Did anyone else ever think it could be some prick just trying to create drama or just be a jerk?
ny ghoul Sunday 3/29/2009 at 04:00 PM | 41234
ps....i may be getting paranoid...BUT.....the jerks who just lurk around and join for prizes still DO want their loot. Its really strange that "mikeypaul" hasnt claimed the mask. Did anyone else ever think it could be some prick just trying to create drama or just be a jerk?

I doubt that.

There never was an official ending date posted when the contest was announced.

I'm guesng the winner expected an email or PM letting them know they won.

I too am for some kind of requirement for contests. But, that does negate the reason for having them in the first place, which is to bring more new members to the te.
Snoballz Sunday 3/29/2009 at 04:39 PM | 41235
Well contests should give them a reason to come hear and actually afiliate with the rest of us rather than a 1 hit wonder post and never again see them gned in or hear from them...
Harry Warden Sunday 3/29/2009 at 04:51 PM | 41236
Hi guys,

been away over the weekend (obviously) but just caught up on this thread.Just so you guys know, contest rules are different for each one.

Often whoever donates the give-away determines the rules (like Sam did this time) however sometimes it's up to Justin and me.

Sometimes it's as easy as making a post and other times you have to spend hours upon hours starring at stupid pictures

You never know what crazy scheme will come up with next.

We may occaonally run a contest where post count is required however normally our contests exceed the forum.

We often advertise these on our front page and on our myspace.

The intention is to spread word about the te and drive traffic this way.We know that some of you have been around for a long time and Justin and I will probably run contests for those of you who have helped support Horrorbid but you also have to remember that there are people out there who have been reading and watching us from the beginning but never have spoken.

There are many other tes that I vit religiously everyday for the past 5 years yet I've never once left a comment or made a post.

So no worries guys, every contest is different . . . you can rest assured that if you don't win this one there will always be another one soon to follow.

DaShape Sunday 3/29/2009 at 06:49 PM | 41240
Thats a wrap! I respect it just as anything else on the forum... Case Closed fella's! --Ryan
Harry Warden Sunday 3/29/2009 at 08:47 PM | 41242
Hey at least there's a good chance a new name will be drawn and this mask will go to a good home, right?
stingerfan Sunday 3/29/2009 at 08:50 PM | 41243
Hey at least there's a good chance a new name will be drawn and this mask will go to a good home, right?

Absolutely correct stingerfan.

It will go to a good home.

and thanks to everybody for the great input into this thread.

I didn't have a chance to read everybody's posts while I was in Indy but I'm home now so I just caught up.

All very good opinions and ideas, thanks so much!

We really like hearing your feedback.Never fear, we picked up a couple goodies from HorrorHound/Mask-Fest for future contests . . .

;)
DaShape Sunday 3/29/2009 at 10:36 PM | 41244
hmmmmm.... What better time to hold another contest then right now??? Glad you guys had a good time! Wish I could'ev went! --Ryan
Harry Warden Monday 3/30/2009 at 01:14 AM | 41254
So no worries guys, every contest is different . . . you can rest assured that if you don't win this one there will always be another one soon to follow.

Ok Joel, but we are talking about a CROFADER FROM SAM

Man, this is not just a mask or a collectible thing, it's a damn mask from SAM, and a CROFADER!

Did you feel like me??? I don't know, just felt bad knowing someone came here only to get a mask, won it and never return.... People like JITB and Zephro rarely post something, but we know they are always looking the te. Diferent cases, bro. Just my opinion...

LÜCKMANN Monday 3/30/2009 at 10:37 AM | 41275

Ok Joel, but we are talking about a CROFADER FROM SAM

Man, this is not just a mask or a collectible thing, it's a damn mask from SAM, and a CROFADER!

Did you feel like me??? I don't know, just felt bad knowing someone came here only to get a mask, won it and never return.... People like JITB and Zephro rarely post something, but we know they are always looking the te. Diferent cases, bro. Just my opinion...excellent point! but da fellas have spoken and as warden said thats a wrap! and i respect the judgement as well.
ny ghoul Monday 3/30/2009 at 12:43 PM | 41287
Tomorrow we pick a new winnner.
HorrorSanctum Monday 3/30/2009 at 11:03 PM | 41343
seth
halloween killer Tuesday 3/31/2009 at 12:02 AM | 41344
Nice, can't wait really crosng my fingers here
stingerfan Tuesday 3/31/2009 at 12:18 AM | 41345
Soooooooo, you're saying that:

The Economy Sucks

Poverty is among us all

Heading towards a depreson

A $400.00 Most Accurate HSS C. Edition HalloweeN Part 4 Mask Was Up for Contest

The Winner was choosen

They never claimed it still with only 24 hours remaining... UNFUCKING FOR REAL... Thats probably the strangest this I'd seen yet...

--Ryan
Harry Warden Tuesday 3/31/2009 at 01:05 AM | 41346
I hope I win, I never win anything
krueger4653 Tuesday 3/31/2009 at 01:08 AM | 41348
I think maybe the contests should be more involved (like post a pic of your best Bisco impreson

thats not too hard to do, just hold up a beer

Johnny Bisco Tuesday 3/31/2009 at 01:14 AM | 41350

The Economy Sucks

Poverty is among us all

The Winner was choosen

They never claimed it still with only 24 hours remaining... UNFUCKING FOR REAL... Thats probably the strangest this I'd seen yet...

--Ryan

Ryan Im feelin' you brother. Totally...it blew my mind! Brings to mind an old Ludichrist song (im dating myself here...anyone else know this band?!)..."most people are dicks!" Anyway...good luck to the new winner! and big ups to Sam for being way cool and generous!
ny ghoul Tuesday 3/31/2009 at 01:54 AM | 41353

The Economy Sucks

Poverty is among us all

The Winner was choosen

--Ryan

Ryan Im feelin' you brother. Totally...it blew my mind! Brings to mind an old Ludichrist song (im dating myself here...anyone else know this band?!)..."most people are dicks!" Anyway...good luck to the new winner! and big ups to Sam for being way cool and generous!

i have that album! green eggs and ham!
Johnny Bisco Tuesday 3/31/2009 at 02:11 AM | 41358

The Economy Sucks

Poverty is among us all

The Winner was choosen

--Ryan

i have that album! green eggs and ham

I will not eat them in a Box, I will not eat them with a Fox, I do not like green eggs and ham, I will not eat them Sam I am...
Harry Warden Tuesday 3/31/2009 at 02:30 AM | 41359

The Economy Sucks

Poverty is among us all

The Winner was choosen

--Ryan

i have that album! green eggs and ham

oh dude....you rule man! I dont come across too many people into some of the more obscure older gems! this old school ny frosty one's for you man..... Im gonna go throw on some Crumbsuckers....some Nausea and top it off with some Lifes Blood for good measure.
ny ghoul Tuesday 3/31/2009 at 02:34 AM | 41360