Forums Horror Collectibles
SSN DURAND/BECKSTROM/QUIET ON THE SET

Well I had my SSN durand mask finished up. I got the mask from SSN about a year or more ago and then decided I wanted it redone. I chose to have Dennis Beckstrom paint the mask then after I got it back I put it in a box for 6 months then took it out and bought some human hair and did up the hair. I applied the hair then cut and styled it. I then contacted Darren at SSN and had him add the over spray and smudges on the mask to complete it. A ton of people that have seen it have said it's the best one yet. I want to thank Dennis Beckstrom, Darren Roberts, Sean Clark and Darren who owns the screen used Durand mask for the reference pics. All f these people made this mask special for me and I will have it cased in one of our 4 foot cases with an av picture frame of images from the movie and the process of the mask coming to be behind it on display in my office.

quietonthesetstudios Friday 3/27/2009 at 05:48 PM | 41147
Damn Scott!!! That looks great brother!!! Everything about it is Remarkable, However the more I see of it, the more I actually like it... That Human Hair really seems to be the way to go for lifelike thickness and styling... I never used to be one for human hair... The thought of it being on someone elses head at one time, just kinda got to me... I heard they styrolize the hell out of it and everything though... Idunno... It's beginning to grow on me... --Ryan
Harry Warden Friday 3/27/2009 at 07:24 PM | 41162
Damn Scott!!! That looks great brother!!! Everything about it is Remarkable, However the more I see of it, the more I actually like it... That Human Hair really seems to be the way to go for lifelike thickness and styling... I never used to be one for human hair... The thought of it being on someone elses head at one time, just kinda got to me... I heard they styrolize the hell out of it and everything though... Idunno... It's beginning to grow on me... --Ryan

I think you thinking of my other durand mask. This is the first time I have shown this one finised up. The hero used human hair so thats the only way to go for me. Glad you liked it.
quietonthesetstudios Friday 3/27/2009 at 10:54 PM | 41171
You did a great job!
Michael Aspinwall Friday 3/27/2009 at 11:52 PM | 41175
looks great, nice pics seth
halloween killer Friday 3/27/2009 at 11:54 PM | 41177
That is truly an outstanding example of H20 likeness. Congrats :) I'm getting a SSN Durand soon and I will surely have it repainted and rehaired with human hair as well.

I might have to shoot you a PM about the hair, that hairjob looks near perfect
Achilles Tuesday 3/31/2009 at 08:57 AM | 41381