Forums Horror Collectibles
George Lucas Returns Star Wars to the Big Screen with Legacy

Announced today, George Lucas will return to Star Wars films announcing a different tack. This time Lucas will adapt a Star Wars story he did not write in a trilogy of films he says will excite and reinvigorate the fans.The story in question is the Dark Horse Comic book series Star Wars Legacy, and the adaptation will be named The Legacy Trilogy.Star Wars: Legacy is set 125 years after the film Return of the Jedi. The comics feature Cade Skywalker, a descendant of Luke Skywalker, who was trained as a Jedi but has abandoned the order. He apprenticed himself to the pirate Rav and lives among bounty hunters, smugglers and pirates. Cade has also dropped his last name. The series begins with an attack on the Jedi Temple and the overthrow of the Galactic Empire by a newly created th order.Lucas hopes to give a new chapter and a new franchise that is distant enough from the existing timeframe. The tone will be darker and promises to be void of Lucas’ token kid friendly comic relief.Some friendly reminders will be the very outdated but faithful R2-D2, and Mark Hammill who is in negotiations to appear as the sage Force Ghost that offers guidance to Cade Skywalker.

This is HUGE news.

Will Lucas really allow a new trilogy that he doesn't write nor directs?

Will he be able to let go and loosen his grip?

All I can see is get out your sleeping bags and lawn chairs again because when this gets let loose it's going to be insanity all over again (and you thought it was over HA)
DaShape Wednesday 4/01/2009 at 01:56 PM | 41491
Do we really need more Star War movies? I thought it would be over and done with once the movies finally caught up with themselves. I guess as long as they can make money off it they will explore every posble story and angle they can think up. If they want me to watch a Star Wars movie they only have to do 1 thing, make a 2 hour Star Wars movie of nothing but Darth Vader being a badass and kicking the shit out of people. That would be something to watch.

krueger4653 Wednesday 4/01/2009 at 02:09 PM | 41496
make a 2 hour Star Wars movie of nothing but Darth Vader being a badass and kicking the shit out of people. That would be something to watch.Amen, they should have done that in episode 3.
DaShape Wednesday 4/01/2009 at 02:15 PM | 41499
Oh man this is news that Ive been waiting for.......I AM STOKED...bring it on. I think the Legacy storyline can be VERY cool. Cant wait for more news.
ny ghoul Wednesday 4/01/2009 at 04:42 PM | 41512
Being the Star Wars Geek that I am, I'll watch anything Star Wars related.

But after the letdown of the 3 Prequels, I'm doubting I'll be a fan.
Snoballz Wednesday 4/01/2009 at 04:56 PM | 41515
I'm wondering if this was an April Fools Joke or not . .. I'll keep you guys posted if I find out anything else.
DaShape Thursday 4/02/2009 at 06:01 AM | 41606
This had to have been an April Fools joke... it would have been over every media/entertainment news outlet everywhere. There's no reference to it on starwars.com either.

I call B.S.
FilmFiends Saturday 4/04/2009 at 06:12 AM | 41794
ill call it BS as well BUT......................................AT LEAST IT WOULDNT BE A GOD DAMN REMAKE AND SOMETHING ORIGINAL!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny Bisco Saturday 4/04/2009 at 11:02 AM | 41801