Forums Horror Collectibles
X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Watched it tonight and I have to say that like the other X-Men films it's not very good. Sabretooth is bad but not bad enough or big enough but at least he is intelligent unlike Sabretooth in the first X-Men film.

Wolverine still isn't pissed off enough or hard enough and in one scene he can be seen walking off into the sunset with a woman in his arms. I almost vomited. There is one scene involving a helicopter that I liked but that's about it. Oh, and The Blob reminds me of an obese Jani Lane from Warrant. Not sure if that was intentional or not, he even sounds a bit like him.
Sourfacedbastard Saturday 4/04/2009 at 09:36 PM | 41823
I actually kind of liked it.
Evildsm Sunday 4/05/2009 at 10:07 PM | 41869
a bunch of my friends went and they said it sucked
Johnny Bisco Monday 4/06/2009 at 01:18 AM | 41875
ugh...I was hoping this would have been a good flick.
ny ghoul Monday 4/06/2009 at 01:55 AM | 41876
I caught a veron online obviously not finished, and I loved it.

However, it doesn't explain why he and Sabretooth hate each other still.

Regardless, I wish Gambit played more of a role in it, and I'm excited for a sequel, and to see in finished in theaters.

If you're an X-Men fan, you'll enjoy it on principle alone.
KeeterZ Sunday 4/12/2009 at 07:48 AM | 42474
If you're an X-Men fan, you'll enjoy it on principle alone.

I agree with that....I actually liked it alot, borrowed my friend's bootleg. Thought the ending could of been better but otherwise I enjoyed it.
kweandee Friday 4/17/2009 at 06:38 PM | 43086
Haven't seen it yet but the helicopter scene does look cool

No spoilers please
kaizu Sunday 4/19/2009 at 05:35 PM | 43306
I feel like I'm one of the only one's who didn't see this when it leaked online . . . i've got to wait till it hits theaters I guess
DaShape Monday 4/20/2009 at 01:46 AM | 43416
So I went to the midnight showing last night . . . thought for sure it would be empty between kids still being in school and all the negative news over the net . . . not the case, it was packed.

Over all I thought it was a good, enjoyable action flick.

It was nice for them to elaborate on the origin of Wolverine but honestly I like the other X-Men films better.

There were some CGI shots that didn't look to hot and once again I think they used WAY too much CGI.

SPOILER ALERT One thing I've noticed that many people on the net didn't catch/understand was why James/Logan and Victor had different last names if they were brothers.

It was because Victor and Logan were childhood friends but didn't know they were brothers.

Logan doesn't realize Victor's father is also his father until Logan kills him.

I noticed that when Logan's (supposed father) hears knocking at the door he looks at Victor and says, "It's your father".

So Logan and Victor grew up under different fathers . . .which explains why they had different last names.

Oh, and I did like how they brought Patrick Stewart back to play Professor X for a small cameo.

Not sure how many of you stayed after the credits but I know there are multiple endings.

I've read a couple on the net about Logan showing up in a Japanese bar but that's not what we got . . . . we had DeadPool's arm reach out of the rubble and find his head and then his eyes jerked open, the crowd went nuts.

Over all it was a good film but nothing mind blowing.

I didn't feel like I wasted my money and that's what it always comes down to in the end.
DaShape Friday 5/01/2009 at 04:39 PM | 44709
SPOILER ALERT Not sure how many of you stayed after the credits but I know there are multiple endings.

I've read a couple on the net about Logan showing up in a Japanese bar but that's not what we got . . . . we had DeadPool's arm reach out of the rubble and find his head and then his eyes jerked open, the crowd went nuts.

The bootleg I saw had the bar ending...
kweandee Friday 5/01/2009 at 11:40 PM | 44749
I think I'm mostly upset at the fact that they changed Deadpool. He was fine just as he was when he first appeared in the film, but then they transformed him into Weapon XI "The Deadpool". It's upsetting, to say the least.
KeeterZ Tuesday 5/05/2009 at 08:54 PM | 45091
So I went to the midnight showing last night . . . thought for sure it would be empty between kids still being in school and all the negative news over the net . . . not the case, it was packed.

Over all I thought it was a good, enjoyable action flick.

It was nice for them to elaborate on the origin of Wolverine but honestly I like the other X-Men films better.

There were some CGI shots that didn't look to hot and once again I think they used WAY too much CGI.

SPOILER ALERT One thing I've noticed that many people on the net didn't catch/understand was why James/Logan and Victor had different last names if they were brothers.

It was because Victor and Logan were childhood friends but didn't know they were brothers.

Logan doesn't realize Victor's father is also his father until Logan kills him.

I noticed that when Logan's (supposed father) hears knocking at the door he looks at Victor and says, "It's your father".

So Logan and Victor grew up under different fathers . . .which explains why they had different last names.

Oh, and I did like how they brought Patrick Stewart back to play Professor X for a small cameo.

Not sure how many of you stayed after the credits but I know there are multiple endings.

Over all it was a good film but nothing mind blowing.

I didn't feel like I wasted my money and that's what it always comes down to in the end.

Agreed!

I liked it, it wasn't anything spectacular... but a decent movie.

I wasn't happy with how they did Deadpool at the end, but I loved Liev as Sabretooth and Ryan's small bit as Wade (Deadpool).

Gambit was cool too.

I just wish they wouldn't have tried to cram in so many mutant cameos, the movie didn't need all of that.

It's not X-Men, it's Wolverine.
DarkArtist81 Wednesday 5/06/2009 at 10:12 PM | 45194
Did anyone stay for the scene AFTER the credits?

I mean AFTER ALL OF THE CREDITS?

You missed out if you didn't....
Evildsm Thursday 5/07/2009 at 04:48 AM | 45257
Did anyone stay for the scene AFTER the credits?

I mean AFTER ALL OF THE CREDITS?

You missed out if you didn't....

pray tell! I saw the film yesterday and I really enjoyed it. It was better than the X men films I thought. Deadpool could have been handled better at the end but overall it was a pleasant surprise.
ny ghoul Thursday 5/07/2009 at 04:09 PM | 45293
I also saw the bootleg veron. I thought it was a great movie. Can't wait for the one on Magneto.

x
MsVoorhees Wednesday 5/13/2009 at 12:05 PM | 45639
I gotta say I loved the movie. I saw the movie in the theaters and have wathced it several times nce it was released on DVD. Here's the thing, I'm a huge Wolverine fan. 80's comics Wolverine starting with the X-Men and progresng through his first 4 issue Limited Series which I still own. I lost track with the xmen wolverine character developments and storylines shortly after the 'revamped' Xmen comic series drawn by Jim Lee. That being said I like all the Xmen movies but on a different level than the comics.

The movies can in no way compare to the comics I use to read, but at the same time I'm happy to have these 'alternate' film verons. Hugh Jackman is great as 'movie Wolverine'. He has the right look and I like his portrayal. In a movie universe. The 70's and 80's comic veron is unbeatable if you seriously want to compare the two. Logan's only 5'3" in the comics. Jackman's what...like 6'2" or something. I can look past that and other things because it's a movie and not the comic. It's aimed more at the regular action movie goer than the avid comic collector. So that's me. I like the comic Wolverine for who and what he is and I also like the movie Wolverine for who and what he is. I try to look at them as different, but still cool, entities. Just my 2 cents.

-G
H30 Thursday 11/12/2009 at 09:00 PM | 57932
Dude this movie was monstrous, Meatloaf from Fight Club was worlds ahead of the Blob and that's piss poor condering the time between those films. Everything was so damn hokey in that movie. Just poorly done overall, weak as hell storyline and recasting certain characters is always a horrible mistake. Sabretooth was pretty damn abysmal ade from the extend able claws while wolverine's looked like straight shit.
ironblade87 Saturday 12/26/2009 at 11:45 AM | 59524