Forums Horror Collectibles
RZ Myers Mask?

Who makes the best RZ mask in your opinion? I may be making a life-zed RZ Myers in the future. Or what is the best one at the best price? How is the mass produced one? I heard some have modified it and that it is pretty good also. Also what are the coveralls used exactly? Thanks.
sirbrad Tuesday 4/07/2009 at 07:54 PM | 42014
Just like any other Myers mask, the best one lies in the eye of the beholder.

You can't go wrong with a Psychopath V3, Scarred, Tyler's (don't remember if it had a name), or a Kissfan.

Everyone has a favorite, those are just mine.

As far as the Don Post, it isn't *bad* but it's no where near the quality of a mask made by an independent artist.

With a repaint and rehair, they look nice, but there's still something about the eyes that seem off to me.

For the price of the mask, having it shipped around the country to someone for re-work and then shipped back to you, you could probably buy a nice indie mask secondhand.
Snoballz Tuesday 4/07/2009 at 09:30 PM | 42030
JITB Scarred is amazing and its a total economy fair price!
ny ghoul Tuesday 4/07/2009 at 09:56 PM | 42038
I think Casey from the prop shop makes awesome rz masks. The best I have seen would be his rz h2 and soon to be rz veron 1 cooming soon. Can't go wrong and you can really trust the guy.

I also think Jackinthebox does awesome work as well.
quietonthesetstudios Tuesday 4/07/2009 at 11:16 PM | 42041
Andrew does a great one at a great price but if your going for absolute ballz to the walls and have to own the very best out there, I have to say Casey also. Not because he is a great friend either, it truly looks as close to the mask as I have seen. I have had them all and that again is just a personal opinion. I think Nik nailed it with the Scarred but nce Casey has progressed and created better verons as more pics have been released Casey has finally came out on top. The new Prop Shop H2 looks ck in person, I mean it just looks like the screen used mask....
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 4/08/2009 at 02:37 AM | 42077
From pictures I've seen, I'd go with Scarred or Kiss Fan.
Michael Aspinwall Wednesday 4/08/2009 at 03:07 AM | 42083
im

goig to go with casey at the prop shop, it just plain friken perfect. and the cveralls were brown carhart's. thats all idk the ze or wat ever
scaryzack Wednesday 4/08/2009 at 03:32 AM | 42089
From pictures I've seen, I'd go with Scarred or Kiss Fan.

Mike you just can't go wrong with those either. Nikolas amazed me with the Scarred mply because he didn't have a lot to go on photo wise when he released that. The Kiss Fan was a great mask, Terry's weathering was great there was just something off about that mask, I owned one of those as well and I am not sure if it was the mouth but something was just off a bit, maybe it was my copy...

I am bang my pick knowing that Casey is turning his H2 into a regular H9 veron. The V3 is great but it was just a bit too big. I think the new H2 detail work and mouth just have all the features of the movie mask which will obviously make it into the new H9 veron he is going to make....
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 4/08/2009 at 04:12 AM | 42090
Who makes the best RZ mask in your opinion? I may be making a life-zed RZ Myers in the future. Or what is the best one at the best price? How is the mass produced one? I heard some have modified it and that it is pretty good also. Also what are the coveralls used exactly? Thanks.

Here's a nice round up for you (minus the post mask).

Again, Andrew has the best price but as someone said above . . . to each their own! Hope this helps!

DaShape Wednesday 4/08/2009 at 12:50 PM | 42121
Psychopath V3 from Prop Shop.
LÜCKMANN Wednesday 4/08/2009 at 02:39 PM | 42128
Thanks all great info. Yeah best is in the eye of the beholder I just want to know everything that is available. I like different stuff about all of those masks. I especially like the Propshop ones and the damaged PsychopatH2. Although I am not sure how it would look worn with that big hole. I may have to add fake blood on my head and wounds. But it would look great overall. I would like to have that one for sure and then another one at the best look and price overall. PsychopatH3 looks great too, some say it is too big? I have a 23-1/4 inch head, which too big for many masks I get, would this fit?

So we will see.
sirbrad Thursday 4/09/2009 at 05:13 PM | 42217
I say wait for Casey's (The Prop SHop) new Rob Zombie mask.

He posted up a sculpt teaser picture yesterday.

It looks to be the end all be all H9 mask.
Evildsm Thursday 4/09/2009 at 05:39 PM | 42220
Thanks all great info. Yeah best is in the eye of the beholder I just want to know everything that is available. I like different stuff about all of those masks. I especially like the Propshop ones and the damaged PsychopatH2. Although I am not sure how it would look worn with that big hole. I may have to add fake blood on my head and wounds. But it would look great overall. I would like to have that one for sure and then another one at the best look and price overall. PsychopatH3 looks great too, some say it is too big? I have a 23-1/4 inch head, which too big for many masks I get, would this fit?

So we will see.

Here's some worn pics of the PsychopatH2.

This guy had it at HorrorHound weekend a few weeks back . . . if you put some blood on your heard in those holes it look AMAZING!!! (I was also lucky enough to examine one in person)

DaShape Thursday 4/09/2009 at 09:45 PM | 42231
Wow I seen those pics on Nightowl and was going to ask what mask that was as I liked it a lot. Strange! Yeah I thought about adding some blood and make-up or better yet make a bloody latex prosthetic. I hope to replicate that Myers look for an awesome life-zed. Then I can reuse the prosthetic on the mannequin as well.
sirbrad Friday 4/10/2009 at 12:41 AM | 42262