Forums Horror Collectibles
Myers Not Wearing White Mask in H2 Confirmed???

If this is a rumor than blame Dread Central but they are reporting that their H2 on set source confirmed some pretty big news concerning the Michael Myers mask tuation.This contact claims that Wayne Toth, producer Andy Gould, and Malek Akkad himself have all confirmed that Michael Myers will spend "a great portion" of the sequel unmasked.

So what does "a great portion" mean?

I'd guess that it's at least half the film.

The IGN on set report revealed that when Myers does wear the mask (not including the film's intro) that he is wearing some kind of jacket over the coveralls with a hood up.

So what do you guys think about this?

Instead of a new mask we are getting no mask?!?
DaShape Wednesday 4/08/2009 at 12:19 PM | 42118
So what do you guys think about this?

Instead of a new mask we are getting no mask?!?

Thats bullshit!!! You cant have Myers without his mask. Thats like having Freddy never have been burned, or chucky not being a doll. His mask is what makes him who he is. I've seen first hand people getting scared just by looking at him standing there. Who's gonna be scared of a guy in coveralls standing there? That mask is iconic, it's been in 8 Halloween movies and I think it's stupid to get rid of it.
krueger4653 Wednesday 4/08/2009 at 02:02 PM | 42125
Can everyone not read? They are not getting rid of it, he's just not going to be wearing a mask all the time! Lets just wait until the movie comes out and maybe this "crazy" idea just might work.

You think he's going to be living in the wild for two years trying to hide wearing the mask at all times?

Also think about how much the mask was used in the last movie. We had the young michael clown / clean mask and the pumpkin mask being worn much of the time.
CartyParty Wednesday 4/08/2009 at 03:52 PM | 42132
so no mask in H2 eh?

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 4/08/2009 at 03:59 PM | 42133
so no mask in H2 eh?

Talk about power reading, is the world that rushed that

people can only read one word before surfing on to the next topic!

Same crap we went through with the first RZ movie!
CartyParty Wednesday 4/08/2009 at 05:13 PM | 42136
I'd be down with no mask for part of the movie . . . like I've said time and time again, all the props, acting and special effects in the world can't make a good movie without a solid story/script.

I'd be more concerned about the story than the mask (not that the mask isn't cool) but we already know he'll be wearing the mask at some point so that's good enough for me.I'm eagerly looking forward to changes because I won't know what to expect (that's my favorite part about going into a movie . . . when I don't spoil it to death LOL)
DaShape Wednesday 4/08/2009 at 06:54 PM | 42144
Well said Joel!

So far a love the look and feel Rob is giving to this movie. Its got a really cool vintage horror/halloween vibe to it which I'm a huge fan of. Halloween was better when we were kids. I think thats one of the huge reason's I love the original Halloween.
CartyParty Wednesday 4/08/2009 at 08:19 PM | 42146
As much as I'm looking forward to a new mask, I'm even more so looking forward to a great movie.

Who cares what kind of mask he's wearing as long as the story is there.

I'll admit, a little part of me loves this news because it's pisng off the hardcore Halloween fans.

Snoballz Wednesday 4/08/2009 at 08:59 PM | 42148