Forums Horror Collectibles
Plasticine Clay and blisters

I've been working on my first mask for a month now!

And every time I smooth some huge lump out I rub my skin raw and get these huge, pussed-up blisters.

does anyone know any skills or anything to prevent that?

Donnie (Angellic/KillerChild)
Angellic/KillerChild Sunday 4/12/2009 at 08:13 PM | 42524
maybe you need to find something that will cut the clay and help with the smoothing. I don't have any experience with that type of clay, but most sculptors and artists use some kind of agent to help making smoothing and detailing eaer. If nothing else, you may just have to work on getting your fingertips and finger pads tougher. The only way to do that is time and patience. Look at it like someone who works with their hands on a day to day bas. When you first start, you get blisters and whatnot every day. Over time, your hands will build up calluses and scar tissue and there won't be any more blisters.

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Sunday 4/19/2009 at 03:49 PM | 43297
maybe you need to find something that will cut the clay and help with the smoothing. I don't have any experience with that type of clay, but most sculptors and artists use some kind of agent to help making smoothing and detailing eaer. If nothing else, you may just have to work on getting your fingertips and finger pads tougher. The only way to do that is time and patience. Look at it like someone who works with their hands on a day to day bas. When you first start, you get blisters and whatnot every day. Over time, your hands will build up calluses and scar tissue and there won't be any more blisters.

take care, Tommy

laquer thinner and a soft brush
HorrorSanctum Thursday 4/23/2009 at 01:51 PM | 43714
and Sam has spoken...and thus is was so...

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Friday 4/24/2009 at 02:10 AM | 43797