Forums Horror Collectibles
Wayne Toth Addresses Prop Shop PsychopatH2 Mask!!!

From Wayne Toth's interview with shocktillyoudrop.com:

Shock: What changes needed to be had in regards to the mask?

Toth: Well, there's a jump in time like in the first one. So there are a couple of different verons of the mask, but none of them are the same mask from the first film. He just wanted to take it a step further even though one of them is bacally supposed to be the last mask, we changed it anyway so it's its own thing. Then towards the end of the film is the current veron of the mask which is a lot different from any of them that we've seen. I think a lot of people are going to be surprised when they see it.

Shock: So the early fan-created bloody mask that got attention online isn't all that accurate?

Toth: Yeah, that was bacally based on a picture of the sculpture that I sent Rob and that he put online and everyone just said, "This is the new mask." That's where it started but that's not where it winds up.

Shock: Do you find it flattering when people do that? Running off with your degn?

Toth: No, I don't see it that way at all. It's not really mine to rip off.

Shock: But you put your stamp on the mask so...

Toth: I think it's neat there are that many hardcore fans that people are excited about the character to even do stuff like that.

is kind of milar to how we first see him in the movie but again, the final incarnation is so different from that, I think it's going to throw the real Myers fans for a loop. If you just saw it in its own context at first, you wouldn't know it was Michael Myers, really.

I copied this from a thread in mm.net.

I haven't found the original Shocktillyoudrop story yet to verify this but it sounds legit.

However, I'm fairly certain we can conclude this is Casey's PsychopatH2 he's talking about so we know they've seen it.
DaShape Sunday 4/12/2009 at 09:14 PM | 42530
Yeah its legit, here is the original article. There are some spoilers also..

http://shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=10188

He kind of beats around the bush a little bit when it comes to the topic it seems.

Keep in mind this interview was done while they were still filming and before the first picture was released of the mask yesterday. I don't even think shock knew what it looked like then.
CartyParty Sunday 4/12/2009 at 10:11 PM | 42533
who is this fruit they are talking about that made this mask already? Ohh wait never mind! Casey the funny thing is your name had to have been brought up on the set of the new movie. How crazy is that!!!!!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 4/13/2009 at 02:17 AM | 42559
Cool interview!
Michael Aspinwall Monday 4/13/2009 at 11:02 PM | 42618