Forums Off Topic
Can some of you older members help me out?

I'm 19 years old, I'm young and I know I "have my whole life ahead of me" but I just feel terrible. After high school things started to get better with jobs and home life. But love has been a hard aspect nce I was even interested in girls and it seems to be getting worse. Uncertainty has grown and it seems to be the definition of these years. I hate it. My depreson has become less often but the occurances have become worse when they do happen. There's people (friends that I hold close) that I feel absolutely comfortable with and I feel they might be right for me but it's never mutual. It seems unfair. I think I'm open minded about it and I never act like I own someone just because I like them. That's a dangerous way to act. But it all seems unfair.

Can anyone just give me some wisdom? I just need some sort of...."guidance" or "reassurance"...
DrenTheLiar Monday 4/13/2009 at 01:15 AM | 42548
All I can tell you is this.

No matter what you're going through right now, it's not as bad or as life threatening as you think.

I was on and off again depressed when I was about your age, and for the life of me cannot remember why.

I think it's just a part of life.

Everyone goes through rough spots and getting through them is what makes you stronger.

Don't worry about the future, just enjoy the present.
Snoballz Monday 4/13/2009 at 01:28 AM | 42554

Everyone goes through rough spots and getting through them is what makes you stronger.

Don't worry about the future, just enjoy the present.

Yea that's what I always feed myself and anyone who feels the same way I do. I believe it but sometimes...it just seems like a lie. I try to enjoy the present but lately it seems to be pointless and unexciting.
DrenTheLiar Monday 4/13/2009 at 01:31 AM | 42555
dont sweat the small stuff man

trust me as jaded as i am from being screwed over multiple times by women (divorce etc) i have come to the concluon that while love is a great thing it shouldnt be a mind consuming thing.

yes it sucks to be lonely and i have been there more times than not the last 10 years. part of it had to do with the fact that i thought i was the problem when in reality i wasnt the problem i just picked the wrong women and latched on because of the fear of being alone only to be rejected thus starting the cycle all over again.

the last few months after my last relationship blowout i came to realize all i needed was my son, my dog, my band and my collectibles to be happy (thanks to many members here for helping me during that time) and women became a secondary aspect of my life.

now low and behold this past month i have started a relationship with a girl that i kinda knew many years ago and i wasnt even looking for one. i really wasnt, i was more than happy coming home and playing my xbox and playing with my dog and BAM she came into my life many years later. she is a wonderful woman who fully supports my hobbies (and has helped contibute to it

) and my muc playing and has put my attitude about myself in the proper perspective and has made me even happier.

i guess bacally all this extended rant is saying

dont sweat it, dont always be looking for it and dont let it consume you depreson is a MOFO and i still have bouts with it from time to time but i dont let it rule me anymore

hope this is kind of the answer you are looking for
Johnny Bisco Monday 4/13/2009 at 01:38 AM | 42557
Dont sweat it man...its all par for the course and feeling like you do comes with the age period you're in. Just turn to your hobbies and imagination and you'll be ok. Be careful with girls....its cool to have a girlfriend for many reasons but I think we've all held on to some relationships longer than we needed to. Sometimes alone time is good. Immerse yourself in movies/muc/comics and you'll be ok.

Acknowledging your feelings is healthy. It gets scary when you dont realise how bad things are but everyone else sees you deteriorating. Enjoy being young man.....you're only young once so do it right. ;)
ny ghoul Monday 4/13/2009 at 03:39 AM | 42562
My long relationship just ended last December and i'm still trying to get over it... I know it's not fair but my band and my collection keeps me going. Take it easy bro
kaizu Monday 4/13/2009 at 01:43 PM | 42581
Thanks for the words guys. Unfortunately me feeling any better didn't last too long.

Not having a great night again. Like I said, everything seems to be worsening and I feel like I'm...slipping. I'm long alot of respect (if I even had much to begin with) for "fellow humans". Most people I see disgust me. How people are and how two-faced we are.

"Hate rises as my heart despises"
DrenTheLiar Tuesday 4/14/2009 at 01:33 AM | 42664
Most people I see disgust me. How people are and how two-faced we are.

I agree with the above statement and from experience I've noticed that most people are two faced and generally not worth bothering with which is why I have very little time for the majority of people. As cold as this sounds, I now see most people as just things that I have to interact with for whatever reason. But, there is a flip de to that coin. The flip de is that not all people are two faced and bad. You just have to meet the bad people in order to find out who the good people are. Try thinking like that and you should be okay.
Sourfacedbastard Tuesday 4/14/2009 at 07:52 AM | 42701
As cold as this sounds, I now see most people as just things that I have to interact with for whatever reason. But, there is a flip de to that coin. The flip de is that not all people are two faced and bad. You just have to meet the bad people in order to find out who the good people are. Try thinking like that and you should be okay.

I agree with that. I'm just really tired of people. Little things about people annoy me so much. I can't even last in a relationship cause i get bored within a few weeks and that's another thing that takes my hope away.
DrenTheLiar Tuesday 4/14/2009 at 09:46 PM | 42762