Forums Horror Collectibles
Slumdog Millionaire

A very interesting look into the sub-cultures of India.

I've been meaning to see this back when it was just an oscar contender and nce then it has won best picture so that made me that much more interested.

The real bac premise is about a guy (early 20s) who gets on India's veron of "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire".

During the coarse of the film it jumps back and forth through various points in his life.The film kicks off with him being interrogated by police for cheating on the show (he answered all the questions but the last one . . . delayed by running out of time and so he is interrogated before he goes back on the show the next night to answer the final question.

They wonder how can this poor kid from the slums know all these answers . . . so we go back in time to find out.

It's got a love story tangled in there too for all you romantics LOL.

However I always get mad when they film a movie in another country and have them speak English (takes me out of the story and reality) . .. however this film uses subtitles and English which I was pleasantly surprised with.

This was a great film and deserved best picture.

I gives it a big thumbs up.

DaShape Monday 4/20/2009 at 02:01 AM | 43418
I honestly don't see what all the fuss was about with this movie.

I thought it was decent, but it's not something that I'd ever want to t through again.

I enjoyed all of the other best picture nominees so much more.

Also, I wonder whose idea it was to put that Hollywood dance number in at the end?

I know it wasn't part of the movie, and it had nothing to do with why I didn't care for it, but it left me with that WTF feeling nonetheless.

Oh well, it's not the first time I've been in the minority, and I'm sure it won't be the last.
gummi Monday 4/20/2009 at 03:38 AM | 43420
I would not give this movie so many oscars!
Klempo Monday 4/20/2009 at 10:39 AM | 43435