Forums Horror Collectibles
Schwarzenegger Approves CGI Version of Himself for Termintor

According to the official webte of the Governor of California, Arnold Schwarzenegger (the Governator), has reportedly addressed his role in McG’s Terminator Salvation in a new webcast. His “maybe” left people even more confused… but thankfully, Variety have stepped in to reveal exactly what we can expect.

Apparently, a CG veron of Schwarzenegger really will be appearing in the film. They describe the process by which this alter-Arnold was created thus:

"A body-cast mold of Schwarzenegger, created when he first appeared as the muscle-ripped cyborg, provided the bas for a digital-effects veron of his famous character. The figure appears in Terminator Salvation as a living, breathing actor".

I guess the body cast has just been tting around for 25 years and was just pulled out of storage someplace. I assume Roland Kickinger (the actor playing Schwarzenegger's Character) provided motion capture, or an on-set torso for the acting Arnie to be pasted over…?

Other comments in the Variety article suggest quite clearly that this CG creation has no lines to recite, so no voice over work would have been required:

"Schwarzenegger viewed the resulting footage and gave his go-ahead just in time for McG to include the footage before the helmer completes his cut of the movie".

I'm actually looking forward to this more and more.

Last week while I was out of town for work I watched all three Terminator movies and it got me all ramped up to see this one.

Please Don't Suck, Please Don't Suck, Please Don't Suck, Please Don't Suck, Please Don't Suck.
DaShape Friday 4/24/2009 at 02:03 PM | 43826
Judgement Day is still the best, and will always be the best.

But I'm also excited for this movie. I love the entire series of movies.
KeeterZ Friday 4/24/2009 at 03:26 PM | 43836
they cut it down to a pg13 rating due to a Pizza Hut sponsorship deal...from what i have read.

This is just sad beyond belief. I am not a fan of the Terminator series, but for the Hut to have that much control is kinda scary to me.

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Saturday 4/25/2009 at 03:36 PM | 44020
That's very interesting (and extremely disturbing) news Tommy. I've never heard of a studio cutting a movie just to appease a commercial sponsor. It's not too surpring but still sad nonetheless. I didn't bother watching the third movie and have no intention of seeing this one either but I just hope this concept of a commercial sponsor controlling a film's final cut doesn't start spreading.
lblambert Saturday 4/25/2009 at 06:32 PM | 44026
That's very interesting (and extremely disturbing) news Tommy. I've never heard of a studio cutting a movie just to appease a commercial sponsor. It's not too surpring but still sad nonetheless. I didn't bother watching the third movie and have no intention of seeing this one either but I just hope this concept of a commercial sponsor controlling a film's final cut doesn't start spreading.

Oh come on Lee, Pizza Hut has always dictated the Terminator Franchise . . . how did you not notice?
DaShape Sunday 4/26/2009 at 04:59 PM | 44153