Forums Off Topic
my god someone kill me now!!!!!

If you wanted to instill some confidence in a horror fanbase doubting a Michael Bay produced FRIDAY THE 13th remake can be worthwhile, I don't think casting a former WB network star is the right movie. But alas New Line has cast Jared Padalecki, current "Supernatural" star, as the lead in FRIDAY THE 13th. He would star as an investigator who returns to Crystal Lake to find out exactly what happened. Marcus Nispel, who remade another clasc horror film for Bay in THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE, will direct from a script by Damian Shannon and Mark Swift.

Padalecki has experience remaking horror films as well - he starred in the Warner Bros. remake of HOUSE OF WAX. New Line, who is co-producing with Paramount, has the film already set for a Friday the 13th release on February 13, 2009. So this will also make a nice Valentine's Date for you and your honey. Padalecki can be seen next in the Lionsgate drama HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS

Paramount released the original "Friday" in 1980, introducing horror icon Jason with a brief appearance. The remake will focus on the serial killer, who will wear his now-iconic hockey mask. Padalecki will play the lead, who investigates what happened up at Crystal Lake Cale Boyter and Guy Stodel are overseeing for New Line. A release is planned for -- what else? -- Friday, Feb. 13, 2009.
Johnny Bisco Friday 3/21/2008 at 09:13 PM | 6265
If you wanted to instill some confidence in a horror fanbase doubting a Michael Bay produced FRIDAY THE 13th remake can be worthwhile, I don't think casting a former WB network star is the right movie. But alas New Line has cast Jared Padalecki, current "Supernatural" star, as the lead in FRIDAY THE 13th. He would star as an investigator who returns to Crystal Lake to find out exactly what happened. Marcus Nispel, who remade another clasc horror film for Bay in THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE, will direct from a script by Damian Shannon and Mark Swift.

Padalecki has experience remaking horror films as well - he starred in the Warner Bros. remake of HOUSE OF WAX. New Line, who is co-producing with Paramount, has the film already set for a Friday the 13th release on February 13, 2009. So this will also make a nice Valentine's Date for you and your honey. Padalecki can be seen next in the Lionsgate drama HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS

Paramount released the original "Friday" in 1980, introducing horror icon Jason with a brief appearance. The remake will focus on the serial killer, who will wear his now-iconic hockey mask. Padalecki will play the lead, who investigates what happened up at Crystal Lake Cale Boyter and Guy Stodel are overseeing for New Line. A release is planned for -- what else? -- Friday, Feb. 13, 2009.

Well, we know that most movies that are release January - April don't do NEARLY as well as any other movie released any other time of the year . . . this is wear studios dump their crap in other words (or movies they think will be crap).

Still, I'm all about going back to the camp grounds . . . been craving it nce Part 7 and the little glimpse we got in VS. made me jump for joy.

The idea about an investigator isn't terrible . . .but depends on what they do with it?

And again I heard

2 different rumors: One is that this is suppose to take place around the same time as part 3 - 4.

The other is that is suppose to be a "remake" of part 2-4 all in one movie.

Now the investigator thing makes it sound like it might be a bit different than what I heard.
DaShape Friday 3/21/2008 at 09:24 PM | 6271
And I quote... "my god someone kill me now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

This seriously sucks. Another shitty remake with bad actors.
Myers31TKD Friday 3/21/2008 at 09:26 PM | 6273
Looks like i'll be waiting for this one on DVD. -Dexter
Doppelganger Friday 3/21/2008 at 09:31 PM | 6278
Looks like i'll be waiting for this one on DVD. -Dexter

I can't say that. I'll be the first one in the theater.

That's why we're getting all these remakes. They know the fans will come out and see them. Damnit!
Myers31TKD Friday 3/21/2008 at 09:41 PM | 6279
Yeah I don't fall for those cheap tricks..(often at least) -Dexter
Doppelganger Friday 3/21/2008 at 09:50 PM | 6280
I will give it a shot...but im doubtful that it will be any good
Matthew Mayhem Friday 3/21/2008 at 11:07 PM | 6281
nothing for or against this Jared kid, but you guys honestly must not know what bad acting is. It is a friday the 13th film. It is not known for its acting.

If this kid was such a bad actor, then why does he keep getting hired for roles. Just let the film run its course and then judge it based on the completed state of it....then bitch all you want. Don't run the risk of turning off some emerging horror fan by flying off the handle this early in the movie's life....

Tommy
Homicidal9 Friday 3/21/2008 at 11:24 PM | 6283
All I said was that I would wait for it when it came out on DVD. I have said nothing negative about it.

-Dexter
Doppelganger Saturday 3/22/2008 at 01:08 AM | 6289
dex,

pull the wedgie out...wasn't referring to you at all my man. I mainly meant it in a general sense...

LOL

Tommy
Homicidal9 Saturday 3/22/2008 at 02:05 AM | 6290
nothing for or against this Jared kid, but you guys honestly must not know what bad acting is. It is a friday the 13th film. It is not known for its acting.

If this kid was such a bad actor, then why does he keep getting hired for roles. Just let the film run its course and then judge it based on the completed state of it....then bitch all you want. Don't run the risk of turning off some emerging horror fan by flying off the handle this early in the movie's life....

Tommy im sorry i know what bad acting is

the point of this is................... im so ck and tired of stupid ass remakes if thats all the writers can come up with then they should have stayed on strike period!

i know what bad acting is and sometimes it has more to do with the director than the actor

what i am against is the lets hire a young kid from a "hip" and "cool" network crap

give me a break ill take an unknown kevin bacon in a movie like this before some wannabe "hip" actor from the WB or any of that crap

sorry if i come across as an ass
Johnny Bisco Saturday 3/22/2008 at 04:22 AM | 6293
im sorry i know what bad acting is

the point of this is................... im so ck and tired of stupid ass remakes if thats all the writers can come up with then they should have stayed on strike period!

i know what bad acting is and sometimes it has more to do with the director than the actor

what i am against is the lets hire a young kid from a "hip" and "cool" network crap

give me a break ill take an unknown kevin bacon in a movie like this before some wannabe "hip" actor from the WB or any of that crap

sorry if i come across as an ass

Myers31TKD Saturday 3/22/2008 at 11:12 AM | 6299
like i said sorry if i came across as an ass i was a bit loaded when i wrote that and i hope i didnt offend anyone.

i love this board and i dont want any enemies

Johnny Bisco Saturday 3/22/2008 at 12:27 PM | 6302
i have no reason to take offense to your post. You have your opinion and I have mine. But.......I know i am right and i know you are wrong......LOL...i kid, i kid. Seriously though, theatrical movies are no longer made ung unknown actors. Name one horror movie that actually hit widespread theatrically that did not have any known actors or actresses in it. It just isn't economically feable for the studios to do that anymore.

That is what direct to dvd is all about nowadays. Can the director, Marcus Nispel, pull it off is another completely different question in and of itself.

I thought he did a really good job on the TCM remake, but i thought Pathfinder was lacking.

Regardless of whether we like remakes or not, its the new "big thing" in hollywood, so we might as well get used to it.

There is no way to stop this trend. It will run it's course just like everything else such as sequels, US remade J-horror, reduxes,

torture films, etc....everything comes and goes in cyclical fashion nowadays.I still cannot believe they remade TCM, Hills Have Eyes, or Dawn of the Dead, much less the Fog, Halloween and others. We all knew good and well that when the RZ veron of Halloween came out, the end of original horror films was on the horizon so to speak. If Halloween can be remade, then absolutely nothing is sacred anymore.

Hell, they have started remaking clasc westerns.I will be in line to see the Friday remake.

I will support the franchise because the film series has been a big part of my life.

Whether I will like it or not can only be answered when i see the end credits scroll up the screen.

Tommy
Homicidal9 Sunday 3/23/2008 at 06:09 AM | 6362
i have no reason to take offense to your post. You have your opinion and I have mine. But.......I know i am right and i know you are wrong......LOL...i kid, i kid. Seriously though, theatrical movies are no longer made ung unknown actors. Name one horror movie that actually hit widespread theatrically that did not have any known actors or actresses in it. It just isn't economically feable for the studios to do that anymore.

That is what direct to dvd is all about nowadays. Can the director, Marcus Nispel, pull it off is another completely different question in and of itself.

I thought he did a really good job on the TCM remake, but i thought Pathfinder was lacking.

Regardless of whether we like remakes or not, its the new "big thing" in hollywood, so we might as well get used to it.

There is no way to stop this trend. It will run it's course just like everything else such as sequels, US remade J-horror, reduxes,

torture films, etc....everything comes and goes in cyclical fashion nowadays.I still cannot believe they remade TCM, Hills Have Eyes, or Dawn of the Dead, much less the Fog, Halloween and others. We all knew good and well that when the RZ veron of Halloween came out, the end of original horror films was on the horizon so to speak. If Halloween can be remade, then absolutely nothing is sacred anymore.

Hell, they have started remaking clasc westerns.I will be in line to see the Friday remake.

I will support the franchise because the film series has been a big part of my life.

Whether I will like it or not can only be answered when i see the end credits scroll up the screen.

Tommy

Very well said Tommy. I understand both des of the fence but I have to agree with ya. I will always go see a remake if I liked the original if for nothing more than nostalgia purposes. Unfortunately they can never be the "original film" and that is usually an imposble bench mark to live up to. My thoughts are if you are taking the time to make a remake, it must have been a pretty dang good movie in the first place. Which makes it almost imposble to satisfy the fan base.At the end of the day I look at it like this. If I walk out of the theater and I felt like I was entertained, remake or not I conder it worth it.

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 3/23/2008 at 06:24 AM | 6363
see bisco....like i said before...i am right and you are wrong!!!!!! even the admin agrees with me and not you...excuse me while i go into the corner and ng the I'm Right song....
Homicidal9 Sunday 3/23/2008 at 06:31 AM | 6364
see bisco....like i said before...i am right and you are wrong!!!!!! even the admin agrees with me and not you...excuse me while i go into the corner and ng the I'm Right song.... Nah I was actually agreeing with Bisco..... You could almost here the waaa waaa waaaaaammmm playing in the background.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 3/23/2008 at 06:36 AM | 6365
so the mods and admins are playing favorites over here too now??? well i am just gonna take one of my balls and go home.

Homicidal9 Sunday 3/23/2008 at 06:40 AM | 6366
so the mods and admins are playing favorites over here too now??? well i am just gonna take one of my balls and go home.

LOL! Yeah were a regular roaming gang over here.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 3/23/2008 at 06:41 AM | 6367
see bisco....like i said before...i am right and you are wrong!!!!!! even the admin agrees with me and not you...excuse me while i go into the corner and ng the I'm Right song.... ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i see your point i hope you see mine too

ill give it a chance BUT im not holding my breath either

(fyi the TCM remake didnt feel like a remake to me it felt like i sequel and it was a shitload better than leatherface and the next generation... there i said it i enjoyed it!)
Johnny Bisco Sunday 3/23/2008 at 11:37 AM | 6369

LOL! Yeah were a regular roaming gang over here. hell ya east de bitches!

Johnny Bisco Sunday 3/23/2008 at 11:38 AM | 6370

LOL! Yeah were a regular roaming gang over here. hell ya east de bitches!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 3/23/2008 at 02:06 PM | 6371
Yeah i thought The TCM remake was done well, because they made it it's own movie. They took away and added so much, that there was little left to compare to the original. Zombie's remake of HalloweeN on the other hand, pretty much contains the original within the last part of the film. It's like the original (reshot by zombie) with a prequel tacked onto the beginning. There was nothing fresh about it... nothing to make me say "wow, that's different" (other than the fact that he zombified it).

^in my opinion.

;)
Myers31TKD Sunday 3/23/2008 at 02:16 PM | 6372