Forums Horror Movie Talk
Hatchet 2 News

"Hatchet" Director Adam Green chatted recently with DC about his upcoming thriller "Frozen", and of course the topic of Hatchet 2 came up. Green then went into some cryptic details regarding the sequel, which he still expects to happen despite his hectic schedule. "The story I have in mind is still the story I've had in mind nce the first one, which is why the original ended the way that it did," he says. "Some people were like "What the fuck; there was no ending!" Just fuckin' wait. But if I don't come back, that could create a domino effect of other key people who don't come back, and then the story might have to change. But what I don't want to do is see anyone make a movie that's 'A new group of tourists go in the Swamp...' We already did that one, so let's go somewhere with it. As people saw in the first film, there were a lot of things left unanswered which were unanswered on purpose -- What is Victor Crowley? Is he a ghost? Is it like a Jason thing where he's just this guy back from the dead? What's Mr. Crowley's deal? Where was his mother? There's this great shot in the original - Right before Victor Crowley's gonna kill the tour-boat driver, he stops and just makes eye contact with Mary Beth, the main character Tamara, and there's like this face-off. A lot of people would ask me 'What was that?'... just wait!"

One thing Green doesn't want though is for the sequel to be a rehash of the first film. "The sequel isn't going to be a cash-in. We've been meaning to do it. I really hope that's the story that we actually get to make. Again -- It cannot be just another group of tourists in the swamp," explains Green. "We need to step it up a notch. The budget's gonna be bigger, we're gonna get to do more of what we wanted to do, and maybe we'll get to even shoot more than just one take of things! *laughs* That would be awesome!" You can read more of Green's comments on "Hatchet 2" by viting DC above. "Hatchet 2" should be out by 2010 or 2011.

I didn't think "Hatchet" was the greatest horror film in the world but it was enjoyable to say the least.

I'm not sure having Green back would help the franchise or hurt it?

I definitely don't want to see the same thing again (the swamp setting got old real fast).

However, sounds like Adam wants to expand and I'm all for a new Slice em and dice em movie.
DaShape Wednesday 4/29/2009 at 02:23 PM | 44498
I liked Hatchet. I think that as long as you don't take it too seriously, you can really enjoy it. I went into it expecting a fun movie with a bit gof humor and off the wall, gory kills (reminiscent of mid 1980's cheapo horror), and that's bacally what I got. I'll be looking forward to this one too. Hopefully Green, now with the first one under his belt, can make this next one even better.
Myers31TKD Wednesday 4/29/2009 at 10:42 PM | 44529
The first one was hyped real big..it was ok. Nothing great but nothing bad. I'll check out another one and hope its better.
ny ghoul Thursday 4/30/2009 at 02:25 AM | 44577
i loved it personally

it was supposed to be an homage to 80s slashers and it delivered on all counts and i cant wait to see the new one!
Johnny Bisco Tuesday 5/05/2009 at 08:51 PM | 45089
and one more thing

hatchet was an ORIGINAL movie and had more soul in it than all these crappy remakes so there

Johnny Bisco Tuesday 5/05/2009 at 08:52 PM | 45090
hatchet was an ORIGINAL movie and had more soul in it than all these crappy remakes so there

Can I get an AMEN!!!

lblambert Tuesday 5/05/2009 at 11:31 PM | 45101

Can I get an AMEN!!!

HA!!!!!! ^^
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 5/07/2009 at 04:54 AM | 45259