Forums Horror Collectibles
Why don't we actually voice our displeasure?

I think we, who do not like where the Halloween series, should actually voice ourselves to Dimenon/The Weinersteins. Me and a member of MM.net want to actually get the message to the Weinersteins that we don't want this shit to continue so we need to contact them, get a petition going, and all that fun stuff. If anyone can help, please do so.
DrenTheLiar Sunday 5/03/2009 at 06:39 PM | 44866
It definitely couldn't hurt, but ultimately you'll probably have to enclose a check for around $80 million along with the petition.

As long as there's money to be made, they'll keep churning them out.
gummi Sunday 5/03/2009 at 09:46 PM | 44881
It definitely couldn't hurt, but ultimately you'll probably have to enclose a check for around $80 million along with the petition.

As long as there's money to be made, they'll keep churning them out.

Heh, no shit.
DrenTheLiar Monday 5/04/2009 at 12:25 AM | 44890
C'mon man be serious.....the Weinstein's aren't going to budge lol. They WANTED RZ back for another go. Its all about $$$. And the Weinsteins are having a nice go of it with Rob. Also Dren Im not trying to lessen something you feel pasonate about but for pete's sake there are so many other things going on in this world today that could use petitions; rallies and focused energy other than a friggin MOVIE.
ny ghoul Monday 5/04/2009 at 12:56 AM | 44896
C'mon man be serious.....the Weinstein's aren't going to budge lol. They WANTED RZ back for another go. Its all about $$$. And the Weinsteins are having a nice go of it with Rob. Also Dren Im not trying to lessen something you feel pasonate about but for pete's sake there are so many other things going on in this world today that could use petitions; rallies and focused energy other than a friggin MOVIE.

True and everyone stands for various and different causes. This is one of mine, I hold Halloween close to me. Within the last 3 years it's given me a lot, including a great hobby that keeps me happy when all else fails.
DrenTheLiar Monday 5/04/2009 at 01:19 AM | 44902
True and everyone stands for various and different causes. This is one of mine, I hold Halloween close to me. Within the last 3 years it's given me a lot, including a great hobby that keeps me happy when all else fails.

I'm with you on that one.

No matter how shitty my day was, I can always walk into my collection room and instantly feel better.
gummi Monday 5/04/2009 at 01:30 AM | 44905
But still, back to my point, will it really hurt to try? Afterall we are the people who watch the movies they put out. And if it gets so bad that only a minority are interested in the new movies then they are eventually going to have to go back to the drawing board and ask themselves what they can do to get fans back. Obviously there are tons of fans who dislike the new direction as much as there are that do, if not more. The series will become ridiculous and problematic again someday, so, what then? Remake it again?
DrenTheLiar Monday 5/04/2009 at 01:35 AM | 44907
I've said it before and will say it again! Dimenon and the Weisteins;though I love half of the stuff they release, tend to sell theatrical, unrated, and special edition cuts separatley. Half of the movies they release tend to be mainstream movies that try to look like cool exploitation films but fail. Money making bastards

Of course this just my opinion
kaizu Monday 5/04/2009 at 10:15 AM | 44927
Unfortunately we're doomed to see this happen again and again. Small companies like Unearthed; Brain Damage; etc (types that respect the original integrity of the film) dont have the budget to run with the big guys. So any and all "bigger" films are going to land in the hands of studios like the Weinsteins and the like. Those guys are all buness and they are going to give us a product that will make their money back at a profit. They know fans will show up and they know fans will begrudgingly like the film. Theres nothing we can do.

At least they do offer a directors cut usually.
ny ghoul Monday 5/04/2009 at 04:13 PM | 44939
the only petitions movie companies understand is ticket sales

if you boycott the movies they will stop making them

unfortuantely for every hardcore fan that boycotts and speaks with their wallets there are 4 average joe movie goers who will go see it because they dont know any better

thats the sad truth
Johnny Bisco Tuesday 5/05/2009 at 01:23 AM | 45019

unfortuantely for every hardcore fan that boycotts and speaks with their wallets there are 4 average joe movie goers who will go see it because they dont know any better

thats the sad truth

Yea, that had crossed my mind.
DrenTheLiar Tuesday 5/05/2009 at 08:37 PM | 45088
the only petitions movie companies understand is ticket sales

Amen to that!!!
DaShape Wednesday 5/06/2009 at 12:55 AM | 45103
People can go and make whatever movie they want as far as I am concerned. I do not hold any film as some kind of Holy Grail that should not be touched or altered or remade....

In respect to what Matt is trying to do, I completely applaud you for trying.I personally do it a different way. If I don't agree with the movie being made, then they will not get my 10-12 dollars when it comes out. They will not get my 15-30 dollars when it comes out on dvd. They will also not get any of my money for any of the movie related merchandise.

While my piddly money may not amount to a whole lot in the grand scheme of things.....at least I didn't give it to them, and then t here and complain about it... I saw RZ first Halloween in the theaters because I enjoyed both House of 1000 corpses and Devil's Rejects.

My wife and I both did not like it. We did not buy it on dvd, any veron of it, and we did not buy any of the related merchandise. I have only RZ style mask in my collection. It was given to me as a t, and isn't even complete. It most likely never will be nce I have no dere to do so.

just my two cents, Tommy
Homicidal9 Saturday 5/09/2009 at 03:37 PM | 45434
People can go and make whatever movie they want as far as I am concerned. I do not hold any film as some kind of Holy Grail that should not be touched or altered or remade....

In respect to what Matt is trying to do, I completely applaud you for trying.I personally do it a different way. If I don't agree with the movie being made, then they will not get my 10-12 dollars when it comes out. They will not get my 15-30 dollars when it comes out on dvd. They will also not get any of my money for any of the movie related merchandise.

While my piddly money may not amount to a whole lot in the grand scheme of things.....at least I didn't give it to them, and then t here and complain about it... I saw RZ first Halloween in the theaters because I enjoyed both House of 1000 corpses and Devil's Rejects.

My wife and I both did not like it. We did not buy it on dvd, any veron of it, and we did not buy any of the related merchandise. I have only RZ style mask in my collection. It was given to me as a t, and isn't even complete. It most likely never will be nce I have no dere to do so.

just my two cents, Tommy

Thank you Tommy.
DrenTheLiar Saturday 5/09/2009 at 09:03 PM | 45443
I think there is/was a petition on zombiefriends.com....i've noticed on myspace they've been pretty damn voiceful about this new movie and how much it will suck. I think the petition is more for ejecting Rob Zombies wife from the movie though.
kweandee Monday 5/11/2009 at 02:11 AM | 45508
I think there is/was a petition on zombiefriends.com....i've noticed on myspace they've been pretty damn voiceful about this new movie and how much it will suck. I think the petition is more for ejecting Rob Zombies wife from the movie though.

I'm for that too.
DrenTheLiar Monday 5/11/2009 at 10:16 AM | 45533