Forums Off Topic
Talk of Legalizing Drugs?...Updated....

Was reading this thought I'd share....

href="http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/CollegeAndFamily/RaiseKids/WhatIfWeLegalizedAllDrugs.aspx?gt1=33009">http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Co ... ?gt1=33009
kweandee Wednesday 5/06/2009 at 09:32 PM | 45186
the governemnt is too dumb to legalize things like drugs and prostitution which would rake in the cash theyd rather just raise taxes on people when the economy is down like they are going to do AGAIN here in michigan
Johnny Bisco Wednesday 5/06/2009 at 10:32 PM | 45195
Des will probably agree with me on this, LOL!But I do feel that Marijuana being illegal is about the stupidest law this country has. Alcohol effects every major organ in the body in a negative way. Marijuana leads to housework not getting done not 16 car pile ups do to drunk driving. Now I don't think alcohol should be illegal either, I think everyone should have a choice. But to clasfy pot with other drugs that can literally kill you when you take them is absurd. It is our country clutching onto old stereotypes and fear based propaganda. That's my two cents. Don't do either or do them both, but don't send someone to jail because they smoked a little weed...

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 5/06/2009 at 10:45 PM | 45199
Des will probably agree with me on this, LOL!But I do feel that Marijuana being illegal is about the stupidest law this country has. Alcohol effects every major organ in the body in a negative way. Marijuana leads to housework not getting done not 16 car pile ups do to drunk driving. Now I don't think alcohol should be illegal either, I think everyone should have a choice. But to clasfy pot with other drugs that can literally kill you when you take them is absurd. It is our country clutching onto old stereotypes and fear based propaganda. That's my two cents. Don't do either or do them both, but don't send someone to jail because they smoked a little weed...

This was the topic of MANY drunken conversations I had in back in my college days LOL.

Pretty much all that you said Booman was the general consensus except one thing, Marijuana is the most common gateway drug out there.

Many of my college friends admitted they started with that than moved on to bigger and badder . .. this isn't saying everyone will do hardcore drugs just from smoking pot however the question was . . . would the use of dangerous drugs increase in youth if Marijuana was legal?

I'm leaning towards yes (it's happening anyways just saying).
DaShape Wednesday 5/06/2009 at 11:56 PM | 45213

This was the topic of MANY drunken conversations I had in back in my college days LOL.

Pretty much all that you said Booman was the general consensus except one thing, Marijuana is the most common gateway drug out there.

Many of my college friends admitted they started with that than moved on to bigger and badder . .. this isn't saying everyone will do hardcore drugs just from smoking pot however the question was . . . would the use of dangerous drugs increase in youth if Marijuana was legal?

I'm leaning towards yes (it's happening anyways just saying).

well I agree with ya Joel. It is a gateway drug mply because it in itself is condered a drug. Therefore your already having to be a bit shady to get a hold of the stuff. Often times a pot dealer will try to get you to move up so to speak. So yes it is a gateway drug mply because of the way it is treated, in my humble opinion. It's also human nature to start off small and work your way up. Many people that do cocaine naturally started off with pot because it is so much eaer to get a hold of.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 5/07/2009 at 12:02 AM | 45215
Yea I dunno, I don't think of it really as a gateway drug meaning because you smoked pot means your more likely to do other drugs. I think if you end up doing other drugs it's because you want to not because you happen to have smoked pot first. I mean when I was a teenager I did other drugs bedes smoking pot (not that I'm proud of it or anything) but having smoked pot first didn't have anything to do with it.

I also think if alcohol is legal then pot should be too...it's no worse. Alcohol is just as much of a drug as any of the others it's just not condered one cause it's legal...like nicotine and look how many people those two knock off a year even without all the stupid drunk related accidents. I've never heard of pot killing anybody.

kweandee Thursday 5/07/2009 at 12:31 AM | 45217
Often times a pot dealer will try to get you to move up so to speak.

Yea but that's all about accesble money....it's eaer for a dealer who sells multiple things to try to sell as much of the higher costing drugs as posble to whoever he/she is already seeing rather then to try and connect to the groups who do primarly do those higher costing drugs on their own. Potheads know everybody...weather they buy it or not they know someone who does it and bingo connections are made. Accesble money and advertizing.

kweandee Thursday 5/07/2009 at 12:42 AM | 45221
well said Dessy! It makes me laugh to think that our government sends you to jail for being in posseson of freaking pot! IT'S POT FOLKS! Many people like to speak about the topic having never tried it. Now I am not saying that you should go out a blaze it up but if you have like many of us have you know what little of an effect it has on you. Your a bit foggy and movies are funnier. LOL!

C'mon, ole Lee Lambert up their in Canada is probably smoking right now, does Canada have a problem with it, no! Does Lee Lambert do drugs, yes! Big deal get over it!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 5/07/2009 at 01:06 AM | 45225
C'mon, ole Lee Lambert up their in Canada is probably smoking right now, does Canada have a problem with it, no! Does Lee Lambert do drugs, yes! Big deal get over it!

LOL....I'm sure he's gonna love you for that annocement too

kweandee Thursday 5/07/2009 at 01:16 AM | 45226

LOL....I'm sure he's gonna love you for that annocement toowhat announcement? Oh the one about.....

LEE LAMBERT DOES DRUGS

that's probably just a nasty rumor that I started!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 5/07/2009 at 01:18 AM | 45229
I like the fine print at the bottom...lol

Seriously though what you said is so true...it just seems like such a waste of time, money, paper arresting people for it too. I have nothing against drinkers believe me I used to drink lots just isn't my thing anymore but it just gets under my skin alittle that alcohol is perfectly legal despite everything that happens because of it and pot which is relatively harmless is frowned upon like it's herion or something...lol
kweandee Thursday 5/07/2009 at 01:31 AM | 45231
Holy hell, what a damn thread.Most of you know we have a lot of trouble with drugs on south america, specially in Colombia and Venezuela. Dozen of people die in Bral every day because drugs; some murdered, others with overdose, and a lot because the stupid crack heads that have no job and need to steal something to buy some weed... I'm not sure if legalize marijuana will be the final solution, talking only of weed, sure. Ok, everybody knows that there's not one ngle proof about marijuana's effect. Some said it does bad, some said it's f'ing good, and cause no dieseases. I never smoke it, and to be honest I don't have the curioty about it. But one thing is sure: if this one day be legalized, Bral will be the most rich country in the world, only with the taxes...

Oh, I found this pic for Lee put it on his collection gallery.
LÜCKMANN Thursday 5/07/2009 at 10:42 AM | 45277
Oh, I found this pic for Lee put it on his collection gallery.

LOL... :)
kweandee Thursday 5/07/2009 at 02:00 PM | 45285
what announcement? Oh the one about.....

LEE LAMBERT DOES DRUGS

that's probably just a nasty rumor that I started!The defamation lawsuit will be served on you soon...hope Joel has a big couch
lblambert Sunday 5/10/2009 at 11:48 PM | 45496
As long as the pharmaceutical companies maintain their grip on the medical/healing industry marijuana and other natural healing plants will remain illegal. Its a real tragedy that theres literally thousands of people in jail serving time for carrying around a plant. There are also other great plants that have medicinal and spiritual purposes that are illegal.

If "drugs" were ever legalized of course there would be the bad apples that would abuse it and probably stir up controversy but overall I think we'd have a healthier and more peaceful society. I find it so ironic that doctors will dish out all these lab made drugs that are so bad for you and have adverse effects and will even hand out narcotics! but you cant smoke weed! A few years ago I had reconstructive wrist surgery and I had a long and arduous rehab. I went through a lot of pain killers and anti-swelling meds......I got into two car accidents and would often nod off during conversations...it was horrible. I was on something called PREDNISONE for a while and when I read that it literally eats away your bones I was like F this! I turned to my brother who has been studying shamanic healing for over a decade and he turned me onto some amazing plants and herbs as well as to meditation and the like. Im kinda getting away from the topic here but YES things could only get better from legalizing marijuana.
ny ghoul Monday 5/11/2009 at 02:45 AM | 45512
As long as the pharmaceutical companies maintain their grip on the medical/healing industry marijuana and other natural healing plants will remain illegal. Its a real tragedy that theres literally thousands of people in jail serving time for carrying around a plant. There are also other great plants that have medicinal and spiritual purposes that are illegal.

If "drugs" were ever legalized of course there would be the bad apples that would abuse it and probably stir up controversy but overall I think we'd have a healthier and more peaceful society. I find it so ironic that doctors will dish out all these lab made drugs that are so bad for you and have adverse effects and will even hand out narcotics! but you cant smoke weed! A few years ago I had reconstructive wrist surgery and I had a long and arduous rehab. I went through a lot of pain killers and anti-swelling meds......I got into two car accidents and would often nod off during conversations...it was horrible. I was on something called PREDNISONE for a while and when I read that it literally eats away your bones I was like F this! I turned to my brother who has been studying shamanic healing for over a decade and he turned me onto some amazing plants and herbs as well as to meditation and the like. Im kinda getting away from the topic here but YES things could only get better from legalizing marijuana.

All I have to say is....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8LXiHg-rBc

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 5/11/2009 at 04:39 AM | 45527
LMAO....too funny.

kweandee Monday 5/11/2009 at 12:17 PM | 45540
OVERDONEWITHGONE
Bridge Thursday 5/14/2009 at 03:06 PM | 45700
There was actually a case here in The South where several sex-offenders were released from a certain penitentiary early in order to make room for more potheads.That is so wrong... :(
kweandee Thursday 5/14/2009 at 04:01 PM | 45709
OVERDONEWITHGONE
Bridge Thursday 5/14/2009 at 09:40 PM | 45723
My Friend sent me this today...lol I called, you press the # button and your vote is recorded. She said the poll is only today....

Vote to legalize marijuana-CNN today Obama will conder it with 1 million or more votes pass this on for others to vote.

Call 973-409-3274 to vote.
kweandee Friday 6/19/2009 at 05:52 PM | 48795