Forums Horror Collectibles
HALLOWEEN III Smilin' Jack Mask need some INFO PLEASE

I don't care anymore, too much drama here!
Anonymous Monday 5/18/2009 at 01:33 AM | 45869
THIS IS A KILLER DISPLAY MASK. I HAVE NOT SEEN ONE IN FOREVER. NEARLY IMPOSBLE TO FIND. I REALLY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IT IS WORTH BUT TO A COLLECTOR I'D SAY A LOT!. I'D LOVE TO HAVE IT FOR MY COLLECTION.

theRabbitinred Monday 5/18/2009 at 04:28 AM | 45896
Hey that's awesome

I don't remember how much the're worth now but if it's the real deal and you like it,cherish it! That's what matters
kaizu Monday 5/18/2009 at 11:59 AM | 45912
Thanks Kaizu, Not sure what you mean by "The real deal" But I do like it because it belonged to my brother. He took some masks with him to school, he gave this one to me.

I do not want to sell it, that's for sure. Just curious as to what it may be worth.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l234/southlanfilms/myernred.
Anonymous Monday 5/18/2009 at 02:21 PM | 45915
Thanks Kaizu, Not sure what you mean by "The real deal" But I do like it because it belonged to my brother. He has no more time for such things. I DO! I do not want to sell it, that's for sure. Just curious as to what it may be worth. Real Deal meaning screen used

Sorry I misread your post. Definetly a nice collecters piece either way
kaizu Monday 5/18/2009 at 02:36 PM | 45918
Thanks Kaizu, Not sure what you mean by "The real deal" But I do like it because it belonged to my brother. He has no more time for such things. I DO! I do not want to sell it, that's for sure. Just curious as to what it may be worth. Real Deal meaning screen used

Sorry I misread your post. Definetly a nice collecters piece either way

No not screen used just theater used...LOL

Anonymous Monday 5/18/2009 at 03:17 PM | 45927
I really hate to be the the one to tell you but I think you’re brother lied to you.

This mask was made by Steve Pinkowski of ‘Strange Brew Inc.’ in 2001.

This mask was also an HMA limited mask; only 50 were made when first released.

Here are the links...
href="http://www.astrangebrew.com/Mask.htm">http://www.astrangebrew.com/Mask.htm

href="http://www.thehma.net/retired.php">http://www.thehma.net/retired.php
kirk magnum Monday 5/18/2009 at 08:26 PM | 45954
I really hate to be the the one to tell you but I think you’re brother lied to you.

Here are the links...
href="http://www.astrangebrew.com/Mask.htm">http://www.astrangebrew.com/Mask.htm

Wow that's so not like my Brother, he had three or four of these maybe he took the one from the theater with him to school. He left this one to me and I thought it was the one he got from the theater. That may be my mistake and not his. I do not know alot about these. I am more into the Myers masks. Is this a good mask?
Anonymous Monday 5/18/2009 at 10:36 PM | 45966
Actually this is not a Steve Pinkowski distributed by HMA. Those masks have smooth skin and are the same ze as the originals. Your mask is rough skinned and you say it is bigger than the originals. I have an HMA mask and it looks much different from yours. I do not know for sure but I am not going to be so bold as to say your brother lied to you. I'd say he did not. You do not have an HMA mask. That is for sure. Skin is too rough and yours is overzed. I'd hold on to it. That's my take.

theRabbitinred Monday 5/18/2009 at 10:43 PM | 45967

Here are the links...

Another guy on here says it is not what you say it is. I do not know myself so I just sent Strange Brew an email with a picture of my mask attached asking if they made the mask. I hope to find out soon. The other guy on here says mine looks nothing like a Strange Brew mask. I'll find out soon enough if they get back to me.
Anonymous Monday 5/18/2009 at 11:16 PM | 45969
theRabbitinred wrote...Actually this is not a Steve Pinkowski distributed by HMA. Those masks have smooth skin and are the same ze as the originals. Your mask is rough skinned and you say it is bigger than the originals. I have an HMA mask and it looks much different from yours. I do not know for sure but I am not going to be so bold as to say your brother lied to you. I'd say he did not. You do not have an HMA mask. That is for sure. Skin is too rough and yours is overzed. I'd hold on to it. That's my take. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Listen, either way the sculpt is from 2001.

It's NOT an original Don Post Studios 'Pumpkin Head.'

It may have been re-painted but either way it's from Steve Pinkowski.

They were sculpted BIG!

So, if his brother said it was from 1982, he lied.
kirk magnum Tuesday 5/19/2009 at 01:12 AM | 45975
theRabbitinred wrote...Actually this is not a Steve Pinkowski distributed by HMA. Those masks have smooth skin and are the same ze as the originals. Your mask is rough skinned and you say it is bigger than the originals. I have an HMA mask and it looks much different from yours. I do not know for sure but I am not going to be so bold as to say your brother lied to you. I'd say he did not. You do not have an HMA mask. That is for sure. Skin is too rough and yours is overzed. I'd hold on to it. That's my take. -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Listen, either way the sculpt is from 2001.

It's NOT an original Don Post Studios 'Pumpkin Head.'

It may have been re-painted but either way it's from Steve Pinkowski.

They were sculpted BIG!

So, if his brother said it was from 1982, he lied.

First of all I did not read anywhere in this posting that the mask was a Don Post, second you are dead wrong and you just won't admit that you are. This is not a Steve Pinkowski ...I HAVE ONE and mine is nothing like this one. Also they are not cast larger and they are medium pour latex masks. Do you have one? If not you should do more research before calling g some kid's brother a liar. Seems odd that you're the only one here saying that this is a Steve Pinkowski

mask. HMMM! Grow up.
theRabbitinred Tuesday 5/19/2009 at 02:52 AM | 45978
Look pal, I’ve been around this hobby for a LONG time, I know my masks.

Yes, I *had* one of the HMA ones and also a regular one, these are HUGE compared to an actual one from the movie and the ones that Don Post released.

This mask is obviously either a badly painted Steve Pinkowski, or a badly re-painted Steve Pinkowski mask or even a re-casted Steve Pinkowski mask; take you’re pick. Are you BLIND!?

The fact is, if his brother said it was made in 1982, he was 19 years incorrect!

Period, end of story!

And just in case you want to argue, hit me up with a PM because...
kirk magnum Tuesday 5/19/2009 at 03:17 AM | 45983
First of all I appreciate the input, but I do not appreciate anyone calling my brother a liar. As far as you two guys arguing about my mask, well one of you seems to be civil and the other is an asshole so please refrain from making anymore rude comments on this thread. I see why the one guy wanted to sell all of his Myers stuff. Because of childish conduct on the part of you so called experts.
Anonymous Tuesday 5/19/2009 at 03:30 AM | 45985
You asked for information on a public forum….correct?

Do you want me to tell you a lie?

It’s not from 1982; and who ever said it was from 1982 is telling you a lie…PERIOD!

It’s NOT what you’re brother said it was.

It’s amazing that a sculpt from a “Studio” in 1982 can LOOK exactly like the sculpt made by an independent artist in 2001!

kirk magnum Tuesday 5/19/2009 at 03:37 AM | 45986
How old are you...10?

I have been collecting this stuff nce 1978, and I'd say I'm pretty well versed in the field of collecting these type things. I have over 170 pieces. I do not know if this kids piece is from 82

but I will say that you are incorrect in your assessment of the mask. You called it a bad paint or re paint job...it is not! Do you like talking shit about peoples stuff, the mask looks great. And you say that you know what you're talking about...you do not. It seems that you just wanna toss on someone elses mask. You should apologize to the kid for calling his brother a liar. I know for a fact that the mask's he speaks of did exist, and that they looked very much like this one, and they were not made by Don Post. They were made by an independent company for Universal Studios. This mask looks more like one of those than it does an HMA mask. Say, and think what you want, but you're NOT RIGHT.

You may have yourself convinced that you are but not anyone else. Go take your negative attitude elsewhere.
theRabbitinred Tuesday 5/19/2009 at 04:12 AM | 45988
Well I can clear up a couple of things here. Seems like you guys, rabbit and magnum are both partially right. After contacting my Brother I have found out that this is not the mask from the Theater. He sold that mask.

Seems the one I have was purchased on Ebay 2 years ago. I also received an e mail from Strange Brew. The guy there said it was not one of their masks, but that he liked it. So you both were right...partially. The question still remains. Who made it and when.
Anonymous Tuesday 5/19/2009 at 05:41 AM | 45989
Chill people! Chill People! How old are you...10?

I have been collecting this stuff nce 1978, and I'd say I'm pretty well versed in the field of collecting these type things. I have over 170 pieces. I do not know if this kids piece is from 82

but I will say that you are incorrect in your assessment of the mask. You called it a bad paint or re paint job...it is not! Do you like talking shit about peoples stuff, the mask looks great. And you say that you know what you're talking about...you do not. It seems that you just wanna toss on someone elses mask. You should apologize to the kid for calling his brother a liar. I know for a fact that the mask's he speaks of did exist, and that they looked very much like this one, and they were not made by Don Post. They were made by an independent company for Universal Studios. This mask looks more like one of those than it does an HMA mask. Say, and think what you want, but you're NOT RIGHT.

You may have yourself convinced that you are but not anyone else. Go take your negative attitude elsewhere.

Not taking des my friend, though Magnum did come out a little harsh there lol

Magnum ain't no kid. If you knew who he was

I don't think he meant it that way

Well I can clear up a couple of things here. Seems like you guys, rabbit and magnum are both partially right. After contacting my Brother I have found out that this is not the mask from the Theater. He sold that mask.

Seems the one I have was purchased on Ebay 2 years ago. I also received an e mail from Strange Brew. The guy there said it was not one of their masks, but that he liked it. So you both were right...partially. The question still remains. Who made it and when. A cool mystery mask can always start as an argument

Can't wait to hear what it is bro!
kaizu Tuesday 5/19/2009 at 07:06 AM | 45991
Kirk Magnum's has already given out the correct information concerning the Pumpkin mask, the rest is pointless. Believe him, don't believe him, thats up to everyone else. I have owned a copy of that mask. Kirk's a valued member of the mask collecting world and a question was asked and he responded to help a fellow out. End of line.
TxSteveTodd Tuesday 5/19/2009 at 10:09 AM | 45993
Kirk Magnum's has already given out the correct information concerning the Pumpkin mask, the rest is pointless. Believe him, don't believe him, thats up to everyone else. I have owned a copy of that mask. Kirk's a valued member of the mask collecting world and a question was asked and he responded to help a fellow out. End of line.

Well after sending a picture of it to strange Brew they say it is not one of their masks, so I guess Kirk Magnum's info is not so correct. The question remains who made it? But I just do not care anymore. I just joined this forum for fun not for all of this ridiculous drama. I just do not care anymore.
Anonymous Tuesday 5/19/2009 at 06:42 PM | 46013
Whats confung here is not who made the mask, but why would Strange Brew deny it's their mask. I'm gonna post multiple pics here: These above are pics of my copy, Below is a pic from Gobears' collection featuring the Starnge Brew Pumpkin on the top shelf.

It's not hard to see that they are the same as the pic of the pumpkin mask in question.
TxSteveTodd Tuesday 5/19/2009 at 08:38 PM | 46017
Whats confung here is not who made the mask, but why would Strange Brew deny it's their mask. I'm gonna post multiple pics here: These above are pics of my copy, Below is a pic from Gobears' collection featuring the Starnge Brew Pumpkin on the top shelf.

It's not hard to see that they are the same as the pic of the pumpkin mask in question.

it looks legit to me also. there is no questions thats is the same mask. you and your brother are either blind or trying to start shit.
pamelavoorheesRIP Tuesday 5/19/2009 at 10:46 PM | 46021
the bigger question is why doesnt don post studios still make these masks? its never made sense, they obviously own the rigths to them. why not still pump out masks that people actually would want to buy? does anyone know why they dont?
customcritters Tuesday 5/19/2009 at 10:52 PM | 46024
it looks legit to me also. there is no questions thats is the same mask. you and your brother are either blind or trying to start shit.

No one is trying to start shit as you call it. I just wanted to know who made the mask. The fact that they denied it was one of their masks kind of confuses me because After seeing the pics posted here I have to agree that looks the same as mine. I'm not the one being rude in this thread. People who can't contain themselves emotionally should not post on forums. The fight was between two other members, not me. So who's trying to start shit...certainly not me. Like I said this forum is full of drama loving people and I will probably not be posting on here anymore. I'll find a forum with less drama, of course there is probably no such thing. Being rude to other people is not a virtue, and no one likes those people who do that.

To those of you who were civil about this whole thing, thank you for your profesonal input, to those of you who were not, maybe one day you will learn to treat people the way you would like to be treated. I joined this forum to have a good time and interact with people who share the same interests as myself, not to be called a liar and have hateful words thrown my way.
Anonymous Wednesday 5/20/2009 at 01:29 AM | 46028
the bigger question is why doesnt don post studios still make these masks? its never made sense, they obviously own the rigths to them. why not still pump out masks that people actually would want to buy? does anyone know why they dont?

partner this is the least drama horror forum on the net. its a legit question but from the photos that txstevetodd posted it looks to me to be the same mask also.
oldskool Wednesday 5/20/2009 at 01:32 AM | 46029

partner this is the least drama horror forum on the net. its a legit question but from the photos that txstevetodd posted it looks to me to be the same mask also.

I agree it does look exactly like it, and no matter what HMA said I think that is exactly what it is. I just do not like being told I am trying to start shit. Just saying that to someone constitutes starting shit in itself. I'm sure there are lots of great folks on here, but boy it seems that there's always someone out there who just has to show his ass.
Anonymous Wednesday 5/20/2009 at 01:40 AM | 46033
Yep that one looks just like yours, strange that Steve would say it is not one of his though. Still no one has the right to call your brother a liar. He could have been more civil. But some people do not know how to be civil. I hope ya stick around. I'm sure there are lots of cool people on this forum. It's still a great mask!
theRabbitinred Wednesday 5/20/2009 at 03:20 AM | 46035

thats actually a great question. Im not sure why they still dont, id be in for the set for sure.
oldskool Wednesday 5/20/2009 at 10:27 PM | 46118

thats actually a great question. Im not sure why they still dont, id be in for the set for sure.

For a couple of reasons. Don Post no longer owns DPS. Paper Magic does.

Paper Magic is interested in bulk sales not 100 masks. That doesn't make it worth their time or money. For instance the 99' Shatner. That was a laser scan of a real Kirk and it didn't do well in sales. I've been talking to another ex-Post employee recently and he told me that Don Post ordered almost all of the old Post molds destroyed. That included the Universal Calendar masks and the old Halloween 3 masks. Paper Magic isn't interested in the past, only the future.
HorrorSanctum Thursday 5/21/2009 at 04:55 PM | 46170
My lil brother is usually not mistaken, I must have misunderstood him. He's forty five years old and has been collecting these things longer than me although I have been into the horror scene most of my life.
Anonymous Thursday 5/28/2009 at 09:33 AM | 46850
My lil brother is usually not mistaken, I must have misunderstood him. He's forty five years old and has been collecting these things longer than me although I have been into the horror scene most of my life. The first post on this thread,the one you deleted, said older brother... You claim you don't want to sell it. I see the exact same one on ebay. Are you for real??
kaizu Thursday 5/28/2009 at 11:10 AM | 46864
My lil brother is usually not mistaken, I must have misunderstood him. He's forty five years old and has been collecting these things longer than me although I have been into the horror scene most of my life. The first post on this thread,the one you deleted, said older brother... You claim you don't want to sell it. I see the exact same one on ebay. Are you for real??

im guesng this guy is not for real kaizu!

oldskool Friday 5/29/2009 at 02:47 AM | 46937
http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/7356/cursesoe5.
Evildsm Friday 5/29/2009 at 02:53 AM | 46940

im guesng this guy is not for real kaizu!

Thought something was fishy from day 1. I smell other rats too
kaizu Friday 5/29/2009 at 08:02 AM | 46958
http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/7356/cursesoe5.

kaizu Friday 5/29/2009 at 08:03 AM | 46959