Forums Horror Collectibles
Sam Raimi talks about Spider-Man 4 (it's happening folks)

Quote Raimi himself: (from slashfilm)

“I’ve learned a lot of lessons about what people didn’t like and missteps that I’d made,” the director tells Cinematical. “I made a lot of mistakes, and it’s part of the reason I so want to make this next story of Peter Parker. I really think I know in my heart who the character is… I would like one more chance at it .” … “I really do look at them as things that I’ve learned, and hope that when I apply what I’ve learned to this next one, I really make a film that people enjoy and is really true to the character in a fresh, original way. That’s my goal.”

This actually gives me hope.

He's done something most director's haven't, admit their mistakes.

Spider-Man 3 was a train wreck.

Honestly, they tried to take three different ideas and villains (all deserving their own movie) and cram them into one film therefore damaging all three.

Some people talk about Lucas Raping Star Wars but I talk about Raimi raping Venon. Without of a doubt one of the coolest Comic book villains to date absolutely ruined by Hollywood . . .Why Sam, WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?

However, I'm all about giving people second chances and if Raimi can knock this one out of the park (which is what he's alluding to in his quote) I might be able to forgive him . . . after all, Spider-man 2 was incredible (part 1 was ok).

The article also said that Raimi expects to start filming in 2010 and hopefully Spidey hits screens again May 2011.
DaShape Wednesday 5/20/2009 at 05:14 AM | 46051
Eh, Venom wasn't Raimi's fault.

Blame Avi Arad.

He's the one who insted Raimi include Venom in the movie because the fans wanted to see him.

It would have been a better movie if Raimi was allowed to make the movie he wanted to.

Still, Raimi isn't blameless.

I think he messed up pretty big when he retconned Ben's killer to be Sandman.

There were a lot of other little things I didn't like either, but whatever.

Here's hoping Spider-man 4 is either really good or so bad that Sony will give up the rights and let Marvel Studios have it back.
Turtle Freak Saturday 5/23/2009 at 11:55 PM | 46402
from what i have heard (and this may be all BS) Raimi is going to make pts 4 and 5 at the same time
Johnny Bisco Sunday 5/24/2009 at 02:17 PM | 46454
Raimi is now hinting that Morbious is going to be the new villain . . . Spidey getting his horror on with Vamps! Me Likes!
DaShape Monday 5/25/2009 at 01:41 AM | 46550
Raimi is now hinting that Morbious is going to be the new villain . . . Spidey getting his horror on with Vamps! Me Likes i can dig that!!!!!!!!!!!! hmmmmm could wesley snipes come back as blade for this one more time??????????????
Johnny Bisco Wednesday 5/27/2009 at 01:57 AM | 46718