Forums Horror Collectibles
Terminator Salvation - Movie Critics are MORONS

Well I've actually been looking forward to this one probably more than any other film this summer.

However, the film critics have been bashing this film to death (only 35% on rotten tomatoes).

Needless to say I was second guesng this film.

I'd seen clips and loved them, read the general concept and it seemed alright . . . however because everybody else was so negative I went to the midnight showing tonight not expecting anything but a let down . . . .

geez, THE CRITICS WERE WRONG!!!!! go figure.

This was a Great Summer flick that was solid all the way through.

The acting was just fine (unlike all these reviews claiming it was horrid) and the story completely fell in place with the other previous Terminator films with a new added twist.

The critics trashed Bails performance as Connor but only because they are jaded and haven't forgave him for that leaked temper tantrum he had on the Terminator Salvation set.

They kept acting like why isn't this like a James Cameron Terminator movie . . .why doesn't it feel like it?

Well morons (not you, the critics), because James Cameron isn't directing and all his films have a certain vibe to them that no other director can do.So was Terminator Salvation as good as T1 or T2, Duh No, but it was far superior to T3 and was a really good action flick with a decent story (no academy award stuff).

-Was it entertaining? Check -Was it worth the money? Check -Did it complement the other Terminator films? Check -Was it a James Cameron Film? No -Are the film critics judging this movie because of who it's current director is and not if it's actual a good film? YES

The more and more I've learned that Rotten Tomatoes isn't a fair assessment of a film (even though sometimes I agree with the consensus) yet so many people base seeing a movie or not mply by critics.

I say SCREW THEM.

This could be close to my last straw with even reading what they think at this point.

Man what a year, I swear off every watching the acedemy awards ever again and now I might be throwing film critic's opinions in the trash . . .

I use to not enjoy nearly as many movies because I listened to critics and tried to align myself with their points but nce I've been divorcing that I've found I've been enjoying movie going so much more.

So needless to say go see this film for an enjoyable time and if you're a Terminator fan this film pays tribute to a lot of little things from the other films (you'll catch them).Comparison - better than Wolverine

(my opinions obviously)
DaShape Thursday 5/21/2009 at 05:41 AM | 46147
great review as always Joel.

Sounds like a winner!

If the governor of California is in it! You know its good!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 5/21/2009 at 06:35 AM | 46153
The guys over at Bloody-Disgusting gave it a pretty bad review as well. I'm going to see it either tomorrow or Friday. It can't be all that bad. So far I've seen the top movies of the Summer season already. Wolverine, Star Trek, and Angels & Demons, and I can say that, all of them have been good so far. Next up, Terminator and Transformers 2.
SithLord Thursday 5/21/2009 at 07:46 AM | 46158
I honestly believe everybody is saying they don't like it just so they aren't the odd man out.
DaShape Thursday 5/21/2009 at 04:59 PM | 46171
I never listen to critics or watch award shows.

I base my decions on what I think I might like.I'll probably end up seeing this on DVD.

No rush to get to the theater.
Snoballz Thursday 5/21/2009 at 09:08 PM | 46192
I'll see it this weekend.....great review and points btw Shape! Out of all my friends who have seen it only one guy who is a DIE hard Terminator fan loved it. Everyone complained about the "look" of the film (it was process and colour filtered to look bleak!) and the acting/story. What it boils down to is that audiences these days (especially in America) can't deal with a bleak scenario and theme. Even though T2 is over a decade old it probably STILL would go over better today than the current film.
ny ghoul Friday 5/22/2009 at 01:14 PM | 46230
Just saw the movie at the theater. I give it a 7.5 overall.

What I Liked The cast overall was great. I love Christian Bale and he was one of the two reasons I went to see this (the other being the fact that it is a Terminator movie). I didn't really like the idea of Sam Worthington's character but he was excellent for it nonetheless. Young Kyle Reese was not bad but not 100% to my liking. Arnold's CGI appearance was probably the highlight of the movie for me (other than Bale).

What I Didn't Like

I don't like post-apocalyptic movies. Period. As Halloween's soundtrack made it that much more iconic, so did Terminator's (1984) and Terminator Salvation's soundtrack was way too generic and what's really disappointing is that it was composed by Danny Elfman. I also wasn't into Sam Worthington's character ,as mentioned before, because when I think of a Terminator I think of Arnold in the original and Judgement Day, with no emtions. A Terminator with a conscience? Come on.
DrenTheLiar Saturday 5/23/2009 at 02:18 AM | 46298
Saw it tonight. I liked it. Good Summer action movie. I agree with Dren when he says the original theme was no where's to be heard. Can only imagine what the 2nd and 3rd movies will be like. I think they maybe filming them right now.
SithLord Saturday 5/23/2009 at 07:05 AM | 46318
Can only imagine what the 2nd and 3rd movies will be like. I think they maybe filming them right now.

I was afraid of hearing that. But I expected it really.
DrenTheLiar Saturday 5/23/2009 at 12:55 PM | 46330
Saw it tonight. I liked it. Good Summer action movie. I agree with Dren when he says the original theme was no where's to be heard. Can only imagine what the 2nd and 3rd movies will be like. I think they maybe filming them right now. terminator 2 and 3?

Johnny Bisco Saturday 5/23/2009 at 02:47 PM | 46349
terminator 2 and 3?I think he means the sequels to Salvation.
DrenTheLiar Saturday 5/23/2009 at 03:04 PM | 46355
i know this, thus the teang emoticon

Johnny Bisco Saturday 5/23/2009 at 03:57 PM | 46365
Anyone heard about the ending that got replaced?

I'm not sure how to do spoilers here, so I'll wait to see if anyone wants to know before I give specifics.

It's only a minor change in the ending but pretty gnificant for future movies.
Turtle Freak Tuesday 5/26/2009 at 10:47 PM | 46690
You mean the ending where Connor Dies and they somehow give Marcus Connor's skin/appearance.

Then Marcus kills Kyle, Blair, Kate . . . kills everybody.

So now the leader of the restance is a terminator in disguise as John Connor.

They never actual shot this ending but it was the original ending of the script until it leaked.

Personally I'm glad they didn't do it.

Doesn't go along with the other movies and I want to see more future war movies.

However, rumors are saying McG said the next film will have Skynet developing time travel early and sending back all the Terminators (invaon like) to pre-judgment day earth.

So now Judgement day will no longer be the day that the earth was nuked but the day it was invaded by robots from the future.

So John Connor goes back in time to stop them.
DaShape Tuesday 5/26/2009 at 11:22 PM | 46691
Yup, that's the one.

Hmm, robot invaon in the past, huh?

It could work.

I think the reason they kept sending just one robot back was to be as discreet as posble so that little else changed, thus allowing them to win nce Conner was supposedly the only reason the humans were winning in the future.

Eventually after enough alternate futures were created they would realize that it's not working and they need to just send an army back before mankind had the technology to fight them and wipe out humanity in the past.

There are two real question to ask, though. First, would they have the resources to send back that many robots?

I thought it was mentioned somewhere that it was really hard to send even one person back.

Second, how far back in time would the writers/directors be willing to let the Terminators go?

I always wondered why the Terminators didn't just keep going back another generation to kill Conner's grandparents, great grandparents, etc. after each failure.
Turtle Freak Wednesday 5/27/2009 at 08:55 PM | 46781
Took my two boys to see the film the other day and we loved it. It was a lot of fun; tense; awesome fx. Christian Bale was killer and the critics were wrong. Awesome time.
ny ghoul Sunday 6/07/2009 at 02:47 AM | 47652
Just came back from the theater!

I agree with Matt, the overall soundtrack was weak though I cracked up when John played that certain song Don't wanna spoil the fun.

The appearence of the first T-800 was great! I digged the characters. The story was way better than T3 which was a sad carbon copy of T2 with a mix of the Italian western Django.

I like the way it kinda omits T3. If you haven't seen T3 you won't need to in order to enjoy Salvation.

I think of Salvation as more of a " The John Conner Chronicles" kind of flick than a direct sequal. Overall a great summer movie! My rating is a out of 5
kaizu Sunday 6/21/2009 at 02:02 PM | 48962