Forums Horror Collectibles
Butterfingers or Sticky Fingers?

We’re proud to offer the first in what we hope to be a long line of Horrorbid excluve masks…the Butterfingers: Horrorbid Edition

Our friend Bear has agreed to produce a special limited edition of his famous Butterfingers mask which is offered excluvely through Horrorbid.

This mask is limited to only 25 pieces, each will receive a deluxe paintjob by Crash Cunningham. The Butterfingers: Horrorbid Edition will come gned by Bear & Crash and will be numbered.

Price - $325 + $7.25 shipping (int’l shipping will be billed on a per order bas)

NOTE: Due to the limited number of masks being produced, these masks are being sold on a first come – first served bas. No spots will be held for anyone.

To order drop Bear a line at bear@texas-past.org
lblambert Saturday 3/29/2008 at 04:41 AM | 6893
you better not lay a finger on my butterfinger!

Johnny Bisco Saturday 3/29/2008 at 05:02 AM | 6894
Get em while you can guys, you'll be hard pressed to find one again (plus this is the HorrorBid Edition!).
DaShape Saturday 3/29/2008 at 11:49 AM | 6895
Very cool. I want to get in on this mask for sure.
quietonthesetstudios Saturday 3/29/2008 at 02:53 PM | 6897
Get em while you can guys, you'll be hard pressed to find one again (plus this is the HorrorBid Edition!).

Bear will continue to sell regular BF masks for $300 but this edition features the deluxe paint scheme and is well worth the extra $25!

Even if you're not a huge Freddy fan this is an excellent investment opportunity. Just to give you an idea, the last regular BF I saw sold on the bay went for over $450. This is a limited run of 25...once they're gone they're gone.
lblambert Saturday 3/29/2008 at 03:20 PM | 6898
Nice...i like it
Matthew Mayhem Saturday 3/29/2008 at 06:16 PM | 6900
ok this is a must have. Bear and Crash did an AMAZING job on this piece and I for one can not wait to get in on this!!!!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 4/01/2008 at 02:36 AM | 6929
Hope I can still get in on this

skidz Monday 4/07/2008 at 05:40 AM | 7774
Hope I can still get in on thisYes r I do believe a few are still available

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 4/07/2008 at 05:41 AM | 7775
Hope I can still get in on thisOh man, I'm lov'n the avatar and g . .. BucketHead freak'n rules!!!

Gotta love Youtube!
DaShape Monday 4/07/2008 at 05:43 AM | 7777
Thanks what I was hoping to hear

skidz Monday 4/07/2008 at 05:44 AM | 7778
Thanks what I was hoping to hearno lie, I watched him bust the myers theme on youtube less than 10 min ago . .. before I noticed your post LOL.

DaShape Monday 4/07/2008 at 05:46 AM | 7780
bucket who now? Now my interest is perked, time to type in bucket head on YouTube, LOL!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 4/07/2008 at 06:00 AM | 7782
He still hasnt replied to my emailHave you guys already placed your order, If so what #'s did you get? I was wondering one other thing also if anyone knows will Bear/Crash cut the eyes out if you request this.
skidz Tuesday 4/08/2008 at 07:39 PM | 7917
He still hasnt replied to my emailHave you guys already placed your order, If so what #'s did you get? I was wondering one other thing also if anyone knows will Bear/Crash cut the eyes out if you request this.

Sounds like a question for Booman (I've not ordered one).

I'll get his tail in here LOL.
DaShape Tuesday 4/08/2008 at 07:50 PM | 7919
Have you guys already placed your order, If so what #'s did you get? I was wondering one other thing also if anyone knows will Bear/Crash cut the eyes out if you request this.

I got HB#1...I was just talking to him tonight and he still has several left that people haven't paid for yet. He's had interest from a lot of people but as the listing says he isn't holding spaces for anyone so if you get your money in to him before the other people you can still snag one.

Yes he will cut out the eyes on request.
lblambert Wednesday 4/09/2008 at 01:03 AM | 7931
How can I send money if I dont get a responce to my email? I dont know where to send money to.... I want this mask!! Is there another email address??
ICESIKILL Wednesday 4/09/2008 at 01:27 AM | 7933
How can I send money if I dont get a responce to my email? I dont know where to send money to.... I want this mask!! Is there another email address??

I answered all the emails I have recieved, so if you didn't get a reply then I didn't get your email.

All payments and inquires can be sent to the same email address: bear@texas-past.org

Thanks to those who've paid...

B.
Bear Wednesday 4/09/2008 at 02:12 AM | 7940
Paid in Full

, thanks for the info lblambert
skidz Wednesday 4/09/2008 at 02:54 AM | 7942
No probs mate...anytime

Congrats on the purchase...you're gonna love this one!!
lblambert Wednesday 4/09/2008 at 02:56 AM | 7943
Hey Guys, when you get your masks please post up pics in this thread!

I'd love to see all the different buyers' masks in here! Thanks
DaShape Thursday 4/17/2008 at 02:35 PM | 8878
Emailed.

Glad I found the te... I'll be around quite often, see ya guys soon. -Shawn
Devilstar2k2 Monday 4/21/2008 at 03:26 PM | 9264
Emailed and PM'd...

Does anyone know if these are still available? Or if Bear is available to speak with via PM?

I'm probably just being impatient because I'm so excited about the mask, but I don't wanna t here and hold my breath if these are no longer being sold.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Shawn
Devilstar2k2 Thursday 4/24/2008 at 01:13 PM | 9701
Hey Shawn I do believe there are a very few of these left. I will ask Lee who is over seeing these as well but you shouldn't have to worry I am sure you can still act. I will have Lee or Bear PM with details.

Thanks brudda, Justin
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 4/24/2008 at 08:30 PM | 9712
Sounds good.

;)
Devilstar2k2 Thursday 4/24/2008 at 10:05 PM | 9715
How do you order these? How long do they take? Also does the mouth open, or can you get on with an open mouth? Is this a wearable mask? How do we know how many are left? Thanks!
sirbrad Saturday 4/26/2008 at 01:13 AM | 9852
HI there,i would like to find out about the normal "Butterfingers" mask,i wont have money soon enough to get a "Horrorbid special edition" but im quite happy with the standard veron,i actually prefer the appearance of it to the SPFX mask. I also would like to know if it can be made to be fully wearable,as in

- eye holes and an opening mouth. Also,how much would it be in total to get it made and shipped to the UK. Please let me know who to contact and i will do just that.
stig Tuesday 5/06/2008 at 10:16 PM | 10914
Dam wish i had the money right now to snag one of thease baby's

Horror4Ever Sunday 6/01/2008 at 07:00 PM | 12449
Has anyone received their masks yet?
skidz Sunday 6/01/2008 at 09:31 PM | 12463
Heard from Crash this past week and apparently the first few will be done and pics will be coming very soon.
lblambert Monday 6/02/2008 at 02:54 AM | 12487
Are there any left available?

Just wondering... I need a nice freddy mask. -Mike
Evildsm Monday 6/02/2008 at 05:34 AM | 12494
Bear's contact info is on the first post. Any questions can be sent to him directly.
lblambert Monday 6/02/2008 at 05:18 PM | 12511
Lee, talked to Crash today and yours will be on its way within a day or so.

Bear Monday 6/02/2008 at 10:47 PM | 12533
hi barry. when will my butterfingers blank be shipped out? its been a couple of months now.

please let me know as i havent been able to get a reply from you in recent weeks.
deano7879 Saturday 6/07/2008 at 05:38 PM | 12776
Dean, in all fairness you got the original one that you sent back right away.

Anyway, your is scheduled to leave in this next batch that goes out later this week.

B.
Bear Monday 6/09/2008 at 02:42 PM | 12886
i know barry but your auction wasnt very specific. it said the butterfingers was 'small'.

thats about it. the original butterfingers was small anyway so i didnt think nothing of it when i bidded.

im ok about waiting..i understand people have trouble..i just was worried you might of forgot about me

anyways..thanks for letting me know when it will be sent off. appreciate it
deano7879 Monday 6/09/2008 at 07:47 PM | 12890
NEAT....LOL
HorrorSanctum Sunday 6/22/2008 at 04:50 PM | 14109
well its almost been 3 months nce the original post,does anyone have one yet?
skidz Sunday 6/22/2008 at 09:37 PM | 14166
so did these go out 2 weeks ago barry?
deano7879 Thursday 6/26/2008 at 03:10 PM | 14508
So what? did anyone get theirs in yet?
Blazer45398 Tuesday 7/08/2008 at 10:05 PM | 15583
Last I heard from Crash, the first few (including mine) were going to be shipped out June 12th but I still haven't received it.
lblambert Tuesday 7/08/2008 at 10:47 PM | 15585
Has anyone heard from or received a mask yet Someone needs to wake Bear from his Hibernation

skidz Saturday 7/12/2008 at 08:07 PM | 15745
Well, they should be shipped out by now or at least some. Now we gotta wait a couple more days and see who gets theirs first.
Blazer45398 Sunday 7/13/2008 at 05:55 PM | 15820
all i paid for was a blank . its been months.

not good enough really
deano7879 Wednesday 7/16/2008 at 03:06 PM | 16028
I agree Deano, its been 2 months nce Bears last post (jun 9th)

he doesnt respond to emails either

Does anyone have some incite into this tuation?
skidz Thursday 8/07/2008 at 12:00 AM | 16560
Has anyone ever received one of these yet?

I've been getting some very confung emails about mine from Bear and Crash.
deathrisingup Monday 8/11/2008 at 05:14 PM | 16583
Hey guys, we are in the process of trying to figure out what the deal is here. I am confused as to why we have not gotten any updates and that only concerns me a bit.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 8/15/2008 at 10:56 PM | 16856
I've been checking this thread daily hoping to see some new pictures of this mask.

I have to admit I was surprised to see these being offered here given all of the horror stories I've read in the past about Bear's customer service.

I hope you're able to get it sorted out.

Good luck.
gummi Saturday 8/16/2008 at 09:03 AM | 16906
I heard from Crash last Sunday about my copy. He said it had been ready to ship for a while and that he'd ship it Tuesday and "explain later". I've tried to get hold of him through both direct email and PM on another te where he's posting another new project nce Tuesday and haven't heard anything in reply.
lblambert Saturday 8/16/2008 at 11:24 PM | 16942
I've sent Bear 3 emails recently and he is apparently incapable of replying.

He apparently shipped mine to some address called "chiller contest" in Burbank where it was delivered on August 1st.

Crash has no idea what this place is and Bear has never explained it to me either.

As I'm getting ready to move and I have no one to give my new address to I'm assuming that this is unfortunately going to be a loss for me and my wife.

I'm close to starting a "who's been screwed" thread related to this mask or officially complaining to Paypal.

I'm bacally giving Bear until Monday to reply to me and if he doesn't then I'm going to drop all attempts at being nice about this.

I know I'll certainly never do buness with him again.

It sucks that Horrorbid's name had to even be associated with this whole fiasco.
deathrisingup Saturday 8/16/2008 at 11:47 PM | 16944
It sucks that Horrorbid's name had to even be associated with this whole fiasco.

When Bear approached us in the beginning, we were aware of the previous problems. He assured us the problem wouldn't recur as Crash was involved and doing the finishing. At the time Crash had an excellent reputation and we relied on that.

We know Bear did get some copies to Crash for finishing but we're not sure at this point what's happened nce. As Justin said, we are trying to figure it out and get this thing straightened out.
lblambert Sunday 8/17/2008 at 12:02 AM | 16945
Yeah I've always heard good things about Crash too and I love Horrorbid and this thing will never change that.

I was just hoping that newcomers wouldn't end up associating Bear's deplorable customer service with Horrorbid.

That's all I meant Lee.

I got nothing but love for all you guys

deathrisingup Sunday 8/17/2008 at 12:13 AM | 16946
It ckens me that we are not hearing more about this tuation from Bear. I too am a fan of Crash and can not believe he is involved in this mess but that does appear to be the case. For someone to take money for a product and then give zero updates or follow up e-mails is bad enough. For them to not send you a product after waiting for 6 months is mply reputation suicide and causes ones blood to boil enough to take proper legal action.

I do hope this gets resolved but as most of you I have a feeling the word scammed may start to being uttered and that really really is ashame. We were kind enough to advertise this for Bear and Crash and in turn we were promised $10 for each sale. Well needless to say, that money will never been seen I imagine. As much as that bothers me at the end of the day I care about each individual that purchased and spent their hard earned cash on what seemed like a great product only to get slapped in the face in the end.

Again I do hope this gets resolved and we are all proven wrong....

Inset the fool us once speech here and look at the past if you would like to know what can happen when this many people get burned.

Thanks all, Justin
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 8/17/2008 at 12:51 AM | 16950
this really bums me out and reminds me of when 245 trioxine got me.cyclonus made good on the first 2 masks i bought from him.then he nailed me on the jason 7 costume.thats why i think all these guys making masks should be required to give all buyers there home address and home telephone numbers.hell if we can pony up hundreds of dollers for these masks they should have to come up with more than an email address.email means nothing.anyone can change it or ignore it.if i would have had cyclonus home address i could of had his local police charge him with internet fraud.if an artist takes your cash and wont give his real phone number an address then more then likely he is gonna rip you off.
jasonisgod Sunday 8/17/2008 at 02:07 AM | 16957
I'm sorry to keep sticking my nose in this as I didn't even attempt to order one of these entirely due to Bear's reputation, but I'm just so ck of seeing crap like this happen to people over and over again.

I've never had any personal dealings with Bear but I've honestly never read anything but negatives about the guy, so I would expect something like this from him.

What really bothers me is that it involves Crash also, a guy that I've heard nothing but potives about up until now.

As many of you know, he recently started taking orders for his new Part 3 Jason bust on some of the other forums.

It's an amazing piece and I was almost ready to order one, then I started thinking about this thread and how someone who hasn't shipped a ngle one of these masks out yet had time to complete an entirely new bust.

I'm very glad now that I didn't order one of those from him.

I'll never understand the mentality that some of these artists have.

On what planet is it alright to take peoples hard-earned money and not give them so much as a ngle update in return?

It's gotten to the point that I'm not comfortable in dealing with anyone that I haven't purchased from in the past, and now because of tuations like this even that is becoming questionable.

To quote something that was said by an artist in a topic that I started on another forum, "An update on no progress is better than no update at all".

It's a real shame that more people don't realize this.

Anyway, I'll stop talking now, I just had to get that rant out.
gummi Sunday 8/17/2008 at 04:17 AM | 16964
Gummi that was really well put.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 8/17/2008 at 04:26 AM | 16965
Thanks BooMan.

I've had a few questionable deals with sellers in the past, so I really feel for what you all are going through right now.

Luckily, so far I've received everything that I've ordered, but it's gotten to the point that I'm just waiting for "my turn".

It seems like it's not even a question of if it's going to happen to you, but when.

On the plus de, threads like this usually have an interesting way of helping unmotivated artists find the energy boost needed to type that cumbersome ten second reply on their keyboards.

;)
gummi Sunday 8/17/2008 at 04:46 AM | 16970
Well, if it's of any help, I emailed Barry a request to explain the status of our masks and I asked him to respond in here with a link to this thread as a follow up.
Blazer45398 Sunday 8/17/2008 at 07:59 AM | 16975
well i have been watching this thread for some time and heres my 2 cents.

maybe im off in fantasy land but in my opinion nobody should be taking money from someone for something that cant be delivered in at least a month, if you are going to sell something you should have it on hand or the means to do rather quick turnarounds, especially when your talking about spending 200 or more on a piece of latex.

im sure some mask makers will say "well if i make a bunch of masks to have on hand well what if nobody buys any then im out of the money" and i completely understand that angle as well.

there has got to be some kind of happy medium here.

nobody should have to shell out 200-400 dollars for a mask and wait 6 months or longer to receive it, thats just not right i dont care what you say.

if the mask wont be produced untill you have been paid then take a small depot 50 to 100 bucks depending on what the mask is going to cost, finish the mask, show the customer pics of the mask and pics of the box with shipping label then ask for the rest of the money.

if they dont pay you the rest you arent totally lost because you have depot money and a mask thats ready to sell to someone else who wants it and can pay for the whole thing

im not trying to tell anyone how to do buness run it how you want, but a little customer service goes a long way and a few email replies wont kill anyone either, everyone loves to have an update on what they bought be it that its almost done or no its not started.

sorry to stick my nose in this but i hate seeing things like this happen
Johnny Bisco Sunday 8/17/2008 at 02:01 PM | 16978
there has got to be some kind of happy medium here.

I think the only way to compromise and give both des some assurances is for the artist to take half the money up front as a non-refundable depot and the other half only when the project is done and ready to ship. This is actually what Crash is doing with his new Jason bust.

I think gummi's post was very well put and mentions my biggest pet peeve. That's

when an artist posts new projects and starts taking orders while they still haven't delivered on their previous project.

I'm also very skeptical of who I'll deal with anymore as I have been burned a few times in the past. That being said there are a lot of excellent artists out there who always deliver the goods and have proven over time to be very trustworthy. People like Sam McCain, David & Laura Lady, Tony Pitocco, Chuck Jarman, and Paul Daniels immediately come to mind as I've dealt with them all very recently but that list is by no means exhaustive. For every artist out there who takes your money and forgets about you, there are several more who do keep in contact and get excellent products out in a reasonable time.
lblambert Sunday 8/17/2008 at 03:36 PM | 16983
Communication is key.

I'm loving that quote that went something like, "communication about no progress is better than no communication at all."

I think most (I stress most) buyers out there are very reasonable individuals and will often completely understand if problems occur or things take longer than expected however . . . the seller has to keep them in the loop.

Not responding is just bad buness.

Word of mouth is essential and for every one person who has something potive to say about a good transaction there is at least 7-10 people who will spread word about a bad transaction.

Again HORRORBID apologies to any of you guys who purchased one of these masks and feels in the dark about this.

I really hope this gets resolved with rather a.) you getting your masks or b.) you getting a refund.

In fact, ALL OF YOU WHO PURCHASED A FREDDY MASK FROM BEAR THAT WAS TO BE FINISHED BY CRASH WOULD YOU PLEASE POST IN THIS THREAD.

I'D LIKE TO HAVE A HEAD COUNT.
DaShape Sunday 8/17/2008 at 04:27 PM | 16985
I was told I was copy #6
skidz Sunday 8/17/2008 at 05:11 PM | 16989
Communication is key.

I'm loving that quote that went something like, "communication about no progress is better than no communication at all."

I think most (I stress most) buyers out there are very reasonable individuals and will often completely understand if problems occur or things take longer than expected however . . . the seller has to keep them in the loop.

This is very true. As a collector there is nothing that ticks me off more than my questions being either ignored or responded to with one excuse after another.

A perfect example is one recent transaction (I won't name the mask or artist) where I was told the mask would be shipped in about 2 weeks. As each promised completion date came and went I'd get some excuse along with a new date it would be done. In the end it wasn't an unreasonable time (only about 2 months) and the mask was well worth the wait. However instead of telling me that up front, or even being honest and saying "I don't know when it'll be ready", I ended up with an "Excuse of the Week" collection that accompanied several promised deadlines that were not met. I agree with you that communication is everything but I'd add that dishonest communication is just as bad as no communication whatsoever.
lblambert Sunday 8/17/2008 at 05:27 PM | 16990
In fact, ALL OF YOU WHO PURCHASED A FREDDY MASK FROM BEAR THAT WAS TO BE FINISHED BY CRASH WOULD YOU PLEASE POST IN THIS THREAD.

I'D LIKE TO HAVE A HEAD COUNT.

Put me down as one who paid $325 for the BF and received squat. Crash told me months ago that he received the blank from Bear and has finished it, but for whatever reason hasn't shipped it. Last weekend he told me he was going to send it this past Tuesday but I haven't heard from him nce. I've sent him emails nce Tuesday and heard nothing back.
lblambert Sunday 8/17/2008 at 05:28 PM | 16991
Forgive me for not knowing this but does anyone know Bear's real name?
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 8/17/2008 at 11:14 PM | 17008
Forgive me for not knowing this but does anyone know Bear's real name?

Barry Blaisdell
lblambert Sunday 8/17/2008 at 11:24 PM | 17010
Well put me on the list if I'm not already on it lol.

I have no idea what number I'm supposed to be and Crash says that Barry hasn't sent him any masks in a while, including mine.

Last I heard mine had been shipped from Barry to the following address:

Chiller Contest 3000 W. Alameda Avenue P-600 Burbank, CA 91523-2000 United States

Crash says he doesn't know who this is and I can't find this "company" by extenve internet searches and so bacally I have no idea where my copy is and Barry won't write me back to explain what went wrong.

If any of you recognize this address please send me a PM so I can look into it.

thanks
deathrisingup Monday 8/18/2008 at 01:09 AM | 17022
Chiller Contest 3000 W. Alameda Avenue P-600 Burbank, CA 91523-2000 United States

A quick search came up with a short film contest at chiller.tv. Still confung as to why it was shipped there, unless it was the wrong tracking number.
Snoballz Monday 8/18/2008 at 03:18 AM | 17053
Yeah I received a PM with this as well and I remember seeing that and prematurely dismisng it but the address sync's up perfectly so I guess I should have paid more attention lol.

No idea why something would be shipped there unless it was an error either on Bear's part or a tracking number confuon, like you say.

Either way I sent Bear a 4th email, also to which I expect no reply letting him know this information and that I will begin the process of trying to get a refund through Paypal.

We'll see if that wakes the Bear from his hibernation.

Thanks for the help guys!
deathrisingup Monday 8/18/2008 at 12:37 PM | 17061
Hey Guys Did anyone Receive any updates yet????? Not to scare anyone but My coun is still waiting for his copy from a year ago...from his first run. I hope you guys receive a full refund or a Butterfingers....

-matt
pooch Tuesday 8/19/2008 at 01:52 PM | 17122
I have officially filed a dispute with Paypal regarding my purchase and if Bear doesn't reply then I will raise it to a formal "claim" against him when the expiration period for the dispute draws near.

I'll keep everyone posted.
deathrisingup Tuesday 8/19/2008 at 02:54 PM | 17124
Hey Guys Did anyone Receive any updates yet????? Not to scare anyone but My coun is still waiting for his copy from a year ago...from his first run. I hope you guys receive a full refund or a Butterfingers....

-matt a year ago? YIKES!
Johnny Bisco Tuesday 8/19/2008 at 03:43 PM | 17125
i just posted over at frightstuff to crash because i want his new part 3 mask.but i want to find out how he was involved with this.
jasonisgod Wednesday 8/20/2008 at 06:16 AM | 17179
well i recieved a reply from crash.crash said he has only has recieved 2 masks.bear took all payments etc. also crash has had to fulfill his commitments to his frightstuff customers.i,m sure the 2 he has will get sent out.the problem lies with bear of dungeon degners.does anyone know if he has a web te ?
jasonisgod Wednesday 8/20/2008 at 04:21 PM | 17186
I also ordered one of these. What doesn't make sense is why Crash is not responding to this as well. (or e-mails for that matter) I have heard from mulitple people that placed an order many months ago that Crash said he was shipping a few out 3 or 4 weeks ago and now he hasn't even painted 2 because of other obligations? What other obligations? Does he have orders from a year ago from Frightstuff that still haven't been filled? That response makes no sense.

I am confused and a little angry at how all this is going down. Of course Bear and Crash are going to blame each other for orders not being filled. And to be honest I really could care less who is more to blame or less to blame, people are still getting screwed out of over $300 and both should be man enough to stand up to an obligation that they gned up for. No one made them do this deal together, they both did it to sell a product and make money. Well guess what they both got that money and if one of them didn't get the money. Why not the public out cry that minute. Why be so secritivie and not respond to any e-mails or posts? Because something is fishy thats why. If you don't respond to issues like this one can only be left to assume you have nothing good to say. I own my own buness and if one of my partners doesn't follow through on a job we both take the hit, you can't fall back on the he said she said BS.

If Crash and Bear want this to end mply let us know what is going on rather than sending out a "few" e-mails here and there. Or better yet address us publically here on the forum. With no one in ght to address the issue this storm will only grow stronger. This problem isn't mply just going to go away, that much I will promise....
oldskool Wednesday 8/20/2008 at 06:06 PM | 17187
I received an update today from Crash that I'll pass along...

He's advised me that he can't get into the te to post a reply to this directly so this is his response to what he's been hearing. He indicates he received 2 blanks from Bear and was paid to finish those. He has done so and those have been shipped out.

One point he stresses (and it is a valid one) is that he hasn't taken any orders or any money from anyone with the exception of his fee from Bear for painting the two masks that have been painted and sent. His sole involvement was to paint them and he has painted and shipped out the 2 blanks Bear got to him and paid him for.

From where I'm tting, I think it falls back on Barry. This wasn't a partnership between the two of them but rather Crash was mply a subcontractor who has done everything that he was hired to do.
lblambert Wednesday 8/20/2008 at 09:45 PM | 17201
I finally received a message from Bear and he confirms what Lee says regarding Crash.

His email to me was uber apologetic and he recognizes that he's pretty much ruined himself as far as the mask-making world is concerned and he feels awful about how Crash had to be involved with him.

The tuation seems to be that he had to use funds that were to be given to Crash (125 per mask) for other things and this led to a vicious circle that he can't seem to extract himself from.

This is of course no excuse and Barry admits this.

The best I could do was to get him to send me the blank with delivery confirmation that with any luck should be here in a few days.

He says he'll pay back the 125 but I don't expect it anytime soon.

I'll let everyone know whenever I get the blank.

After me and my wife have moved and gotten settled I'm planning on sending it to Lubatti to finish for me.

Erich has agreed to do it for me for 100.

This is the first and hopefully the last time that I'll ever get screwed over in our hobby.

Thanks to everyone for your help and I hope everyone else is able to get things resolved as well.
deathrisingup Wednesday 8/20/2008 at 10:03 PM | 17202
I finally received a message from Bear and he confirms what Lee says regarding Crash.

His email to me was uber apologetic and he recognizes that he's pretty much ruined himself as far as the mask-making world is concerned and he feels awful about how Crash had to be involved with him.

The tuation seems to be that he had to use funds that were to be given to Crash (125 per mask) for other things and this led to a vicious circle that he can't seem to extract himself from.

This is of course no excuse and Barry admits this.

The best I could do was to get him to send me the blank with delivery confirmation that with any luck should be here in a few days.

He says he'll pay back the 125 but I don't expect it anytime soon.

I'll let everyone know whenever I get the blank.

After me and my wife have moved and gotten settled I'm planning on sending it to Lubatti to finish for me.

Erich has agreed to do it for me for 100.

This is the first and hopefully the last time that I'll ever get screwed over in our hobby.

Thanks to everyone for your help and I hope everyone else is able to get things resolved as well.

I just want to make it clear that I have every intention of getting us that $125. I will not tolerate any non-payment. This has left me more than angry. And just because my husband says he doesn't expect to get paid his $125 anytime soon does not mean he doesn't expect it at all. There are some things that make my blood boil - don't screw with my family, my friends, or my money - and unfortunately two of those things have been messed with and I have to say that I am a little more than ticked off about it.
St. Pete Slasher Wednesday 8/20/2008 at 10:12 PM | 17203
Wow...I was reading along and that definately sucks. I'm sorry everyone's going through this mess. I'd be pissed too. Hope everything works out for you guys.

kweandee Wednesday 8/20/2008 at 10:50 PM | 17206
Hmmmm so I've got a few questions (based on the limited information I've read in this thread over the months).

Lee finally talks with Crash: He's advised me that he can't get into the te to post a reply to this directly so this is his response to what he's been hearing. He indicates he received 2 blanks from Bear and was paid to finish those. He has done so and those have been shipped out. Why can't he get into this te to post a reply?

He has an account here and even if it was screwed up in the server change (which no body else's was) then why not create a new one?

It seems to be confirmed that this is mostly Bear's fault but why the lack of communication?

And if he did ship out 2, who are they going to?

Deathringup is one but who's the other?

This still seems shady.

This is from Deathringup concerning a response he received from Bear: I finally received a message from Bear and he confirms what Lee says regarding Crash. His email to me was uber apologetic and he recognizes that he's pretty much ruined himself as far as the mask-making world is concerned and he feels awful about how Crash had to be involved with him. The tuation seems to be that he had to use funds that were to be given to Crash (125 per mask) for other things and this led to a vicious circle that he can't seem to extract himself from So let me get this straight . .. . I'll do a little Translation here . .. Bear just said that he stole everybody's money right?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what that looks like to me right?

If I'm out of place by saying that please correct me but that's what I'm getting . .. that bear openly admitted to deathisringup that he stole everybody's money.well this is what I think about thieves IMPORTANT FOR EVERYBODY WHO PURCHASED A MASK FROM BEAR VIA PAYPAL Well, nce Deathisring up got a response from Bear I started to wonder why . .. and it's because he filed a dispute with paypal: I have officially filed a dispute with Paypal regarding my purchase and if Bear doesn't reply then I will raise it to a formal "claim" against him when the expiration period for the dispute draws near. I'll keep everyone posted. I highly recommend that all of you who bought the ButterFingers mask following in deathisringup's footsteps.

Again HORRORBID.COM greatly apologizes to everyone involved in this.

We were suppose to receive a percentage of each mask sold nce we allowed them to sell here .. . .obviously we won't be seeing any of that money and you ALL lost a lot of money.

Not trying to be a bad guy but when you accept someone's money and don't deliver the product nor to you or anybody associated with the product keep open communication . .. well, you're just asking for trouble.
DaShape Wednesday 8/20/2008 at 11:41 PM | 17221
So let me get this straight . .. . I'll do a little Translation here . .. Bear just said that he stole everybody's money right?

If I'm out of place by saying that please correct me but that's what I'm getting . .. that bear openly admitted to deathisringup that he stole everybody's money.

Methinks your Bullshit-English translation dictionary is right on the money Joel
lblambert Wednesday 8/20/2008 at 11:53 PM | 17224
So let me get this straight . .. . I'll do a little Translation here . .. Bear just said that he stole everybody's money right?

If I'm out of place by saying that please correct me but that's what I'm getting . .. that bear openly admitted to deathisringup that he stole everybody's money.

Methinks your Bullshit-English translation dictionary is right on the money JoelHAHAHAHh Who openly admits "Hey, ok you got me . .. I stole your money and I'm really sorry but I have no plans on giving it back to you".!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

DaShape Wednesday 8/20/2008 at 11:55 PM | 17226
HAHAHAHh Who openly admits "Hey, ok you got me . .. I stole your money and I'm really sorry but I have no plans on giving it back to you".!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?

Our gov't does that all the time

lblambert Thursday 8/21/2008 at 12:08 AM | 17229
HAHAHAHh Who openly admits "Hey, ok you got me . .. I stole your money and I'm really sorry but I have no plans on giving it back to you".!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?

Our gov't does that all the timeHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA . .. I set you up for that one, ZZZZIIINNNGGG!!!!!
DaShape Thursday 8/21/2008 at 12:11 AM | 17231

Our gov't does that all the timeHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA . .. I set you up for that one, ZZZZIIINNNGGG

lblambert Thursday 8/21/2008 at 12:14 AM | 17233
This is an unfortunate tuation but it is always nice when enough people work together to find out the truth. It does appear that Barry (Bear) admitted he has a problem stealing money. I would urge everyone that reads this to mply never purchase anything from Barry

ever again and I really hope everyone gets a full refund. Barry if you read this, you need help bro.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 8/21/2008 at 12:19 AM | 17234
Hmmmm so I've got a few questions (based on the limited information I've read in this thread over the months).

Lee finally talks with Crash: He's advised me that he can't get into the te to post a reply to this directly so this is his response to what he's been hearing. He indicates he received 2 blanks from Bear and was paid to finish those. He has done so and those have been shipped out. Why can't he get into this te to post a reply?

He has an account here and even if it was screwed up in the server change (which no body else's was) then why not create a new one?

It seems to be confirmed that this is mostly Bear's fault but why the lack of communication?

And if he did ship out 2, who are they going to?

Deathringup is one but who's the other?

This still seems shady.

This is from Deathringup concerning a response he received from Bear: I finally received a message from Bear and he confirms what Lee says regarding Crash. His email to me was uber apologetic and he recognizes that he's pretty much ruined himself as far as the mask-making world is concerned and he feels awful about how Crash had to be involved with him. The tuation seems to be that he had to use funds that were to be given to Crash (125 per mask) for other things and this led to a vicious circle that he can't seem to extract himself from So let me get this straight . .. . I'll do a little Translation here . .. Bear just said that he stole everybody's money right?

If I'm out of place by saying that please correct me but that's what I'm getting . .. that bear openly admitted to deathisringup that he stole everybody's money.well this is what I think about thieves IMPORTANT FOR EVERYBODY WHO PURCHASED A MASK FROM BEAR VIA PAYPAL Well, nce Deathisring up got a response from Bear I started to wonder why . .. and it's because he filed a dispute with paypal: I have officially filed a dispute with Paypal regarding my purchase and if Bear doesn't reply then I will raise it to a formal "claim" against him when the expiration period for the dispute draws near. I'll keep everyone posted. I highly recommend that all of you who bought the ButterFingers mask following in deathisringup's footsteps.

Again HORRORBID.COM greatly apologizes to everyone involved in this.

We were suppose to receive a percentage of each mask sold nce we allowed them to sell here .. . .obviously we won't be seeing any of that money and you ALL lost a lot of money.

Not trying to be a bad guy but when you accept someone's money and don't deliver the product nor to you or anybody associated with the product keep open communication . .. well, you're just asking for trouble.

Legal eagles,

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe this is called wire fraud and is punishable by prison time. As I said on another board, I have sent people to prison for conning me out of much less. I really hope that everyone does pursue this as we have. This is not something that should be taken lightly. I feel this should be an example to other people in the community (I hate to admit that there are some, but it's evident that it can happen) that this is unacceptable.
St. Pete Slasher Thursday 8/21/2008 at 12:39 AM | 17235
Oh, welcome to the board by the way Mrs. Slasher

;) I have a feeling we are going to get along great and I couldn't agree with you more. Yes this is fraud and I am no lawyer here but I do know of at least one person in past experiences with masks that was called up on fraud charges for stealing money. On top of that and factoring in this board alone, we have lawyers, police officers and many other members that would surely want to take legal action themselves. Should be interesting to see where this leads....
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 8/21/2008 at 12:49 AM | 17238
I was about to send money for one of these. I must have had a strike of luck because my daughter was about to be born the same week. I decided to hold off and not purchase one of the masks because of the new commitment I had coming and the gut instinct about what people were saying. I felt bad for not supporting an h-bid excluve mask but now I feel bad for everyone who trusted Bear with money. It mply isn't cool to take people money and not deliver. That is pretty low in my eyes. I think a public apology followed by some masks shipping out would be a good start to remedy this problem.

We all have problems. As collectors we tend to trust people too much and I hate to see my friends get burned on deals.
quietonthesetstudios Thursday 8/21/2008 at 12:55 AM | 17239
and to think.....Barry is/was a cop....

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Thursday 8/21/2008 at 12:57 AM | 17240
Hey guys.

The thing that seemed to do the trick was filing the paypal dispute.

When that was done it put a hold on his funds there and he had no choice but to address the tuation.

To clarify though, the mask I'm getting shipped is just a blank coming from Bear.

I'm not one of the lucky 2 that are actually getting a finished product from Crash.

Not sure who's getting those.

And truthfully I don't even have the blank yet.

I have a confirmed tracking number coming to the correct address this time that shows that it has been accepted by the USPS along with a scanned image of the delivery confirmation tag (all of which I demanded prior to lifting the dispute for Barry).

I ultimately lifted the dispute once I had the blank in the mail and will just have to cross my fingers on the 125.

I could have pressed for the entire refund of course but I wouldn't have gotten it and then would have no money and no mask.

I ultimately compromised to get the blank and we'll see what happens with the rest.

It's really pathetic that the only way to get this going was to file a dispute but I would suggest any of us that bought one of these to do so if you can.

It appears to be the only option.

Maybe someone else will have better luck getting more of their costs back on this.
deathrisingup Thursday 8/21/2008 at 01:50 AM | 17259
and to think.....Barry is/was a cop....

take care, Tommy

Yikes, that just makes one feel all warm inde eh?
DaShape Thursday 8/21/2008 at 01:53 AM | 17261
I just wanted to post this because even though I assume that what happened with the money Barry received for the masks was allocated to things other than Crash I have a deep ingrained need to make sure I'm honest even if it means defending someone that screwed me over.

So to be exact, this was the quote I received regarding the tuation concerning funds.

I just don't want to represent something incorrectly:

My PayPal account is also closed and I can not access emails or addresses. I am very sorry about the whole tuation that's gone on and the ordeal with the mask.

There's been numerous issues I've had to deal with and none of them are an excuse.

But I have had to deal with them anyway.

I have your mask made, it's not painted and I don't have the funds to get it painted right now.I've had every intention of fulfilling every order that I have taken, god only knows what's been going on to prevent it from being done.

I have masks made, just not the funds to send to Crash for the paintings.

I don't want to get Crash involved and being associated with bad buness like I was with Mark Goodson when he went spiraling out of control.

Again like I said I just wanted to make sure and not misrepresent the tuation like I may have when I mentioned what I did about the money in an earlier post.
deathrisingup Thursday 8/21/2008 at 02:07 PM | 17293
I REALLY hope that I am one of the two receiving the mask, as that's what was promised to me by Barry.

I ordered from the original run of BF's waaay back in May of 07.

This all really sucks because all this time I've had nothing but faith that Barry would pull through and be a man of his word.

The last few emails I've sent him have been unanswered, so Barry, if you are reading this please contact me.

Good luck to everyone else that ordered!

-Justin
vezolution Thursday 8/21/2008 at 04:55 PM | 17296
I just wanted to post this because even though I assume that what happened with the money Barry received for the masks was allocated to things other than Crash I have a deep ingrained need to make sure I'm honest even if it means defending someone that screwed me over.

So to be exact, this was the quote I received regarding the tuation concerning funds.

I just don't want to represent something incorrectly:

My PayPal account is also closed and I can not access emails or addresses. I am very sorry about the whole tuation that's gone on and the ordeal with the mask.

There's been numerous issues I've had to deal with and none of them are an excuse.

But I have had to deal with them anyway.

I have your mask made, it's not painted and I don't have the funds to get it painted right now.I've had every intention of fulfilling every order that I have taken, god only knows what's been going on to prevent it from being done.

I have masks made, just not the funds to send to Crash for the paintings.

I don't want to get Crash involved and being associated with bad buness like I was with Mark Goodson when he went spiraling out of control.

Again like I said I just wanted to make sure and not misrepresent the tuation like I may have when I mentioned what I did about the money in an earlier post.

Thanks for posting this up.

Unfortunately Barry could have avoided this completely by just keeping up communication.

If he's in some type of financial trouble or whatever his money issues are, I'm sure most people would have been more than understanding if he would have mply responded to their messages (that's all it would have took).

Unexpected things come up in life (which I find it funny how they are called unexpected when they are expected LOL) and a little explanation can go a long way.

Still, he looks REALLY bad by only answering someone's messages when they put a freeze on his paypal funds.

However, this is also bad "budgeting" skills on Bear's part.

When he took the money for this project in no way should he have spent the portion of the money that was promised to Crash for painting them.

That $125 per mask was never his to spend in the first place.

That's just being irresponble.

Once again, all could have been understood or forgiven with a mple message or e-mail.

Honestly, am I wrong?

Communication about no progress is better than no communication (the record must be broken)

Bear man, I hope you are reading this.

You can still fix this whole mess, just e-mail the people who paid you bud and fill them in . .. that's all they need.

Everybody screws up but you've still got a chance to half-way fix this thing.
DaShape Thursday 8/21/2008 at 06:03 PM | 17298
Joel while I agree with you in principal I am afraid if I was in this tuation I would not be so understanding. Yes life does happen but this wasn't his own personal funds, this was money he was sent for a product. When Bear accepted payment for these masks it should not have been an issue with him having the money to send to Crash to get them painted. Bear had to pour some latex into a mold and let it t! WE ARE NOT BUILDING ROCKET SHIPS HERE PEOPLE Trust me I have done it before, a trained chimp could do it. From Bear's past expereinces I don't think he had any intention to get these masks done. He is a theif plain and mple. He has did nothing to temper this tuation. He has not responded to countless e-mails and concerns here on the board. He has made no effort to contact me to let me know what is going on. On top of that he has thrown Crash so far under the bus he has tire marks on his ass! If I were Crash I would be a little more than pissed off and would be doing everything in my power to let everyone know this was not his fault. As far as I am concerned Bear stole thousands of dollars from hard working people and for that he should pay. How should he pay? Let the courts decide.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 8/21/2008 at 07:32 PM | 17303
Just a final update from me.

I am finally in posseson of the blank.

Hopefully the funds will soon follow.

It really is a beautiful mask and I know that Lubatti will do an amazing job on it.

Whenever that's done me and the missus will post up some pics.

I hope everyone else has good luck with their claims as well.
deathrisingup Thursday 8/21/2008 at 11:05 PM | 17325
Just a final update from me.

I am finally in posseson of the blank.

Hopefully the funds will soon follow.

It really is a beautiful mask and I know that Lubatti will do an amazing job on it.

Whenever that's done me and the missus will post up some pics.

I hope everyone else has good luck with their claims as well.

I hope everyone follows suit Matt and files a paypal dispute. That seems like the only way anyone is going to at least recoup some of their money here. Keep us posted on when that $125 gets there.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 8/21/2008 at 11:07 PM | 17326
I REALLY hope that I am one of the two receiving the mask, as that's what was promised to me by Barry.

According to Crash yours is one of the two
lblambert Friday 8/22/2008 at 12:10 AM | 17337
so the guy that created the Butterfingers has sticky fingers! all joking ade this matter is still so far from over it isn't funny. hope bear has nothing but time on his hands to deal with the mess I am going to throw at him.
oldskool Friday 8/22/2008 at 01:00 AM | 17350
Joel while I agree with you in principal I am afraid if I was in this tuation I would not be so understanding. Yes life does happen but this wasn't his own personal funds, this was money he was sent for a product. When Bear accepted payment for these masks it should not have been an issue with him having the money to send to Crash to get them painted.

You're exactly right Justin. In my line of work, that's how we get paid sometimes. Someone will pay us a retainer, we put the money in a special account, we do the work, when the work is done we do a bill and take our money from the account then the client gets back anything that's left. If we touch that money without billing it, it's condered theft. It's the exact same principle here. Until he puts out the product it's not his money to use. This isn't the first time I've paid for a mask only to have the (con) artist use the money for other things in his personal life then have no money to finish the project.

At the same time I would agree with Joel that if most people were told up front "This is what happened...I'm sorry and I'm making it right" they'd understand and just be happy they were being taken care of. They may not purchase from him again but they'd at least understand and not pursue things any further. It's been said time and again on this thread the key is open, honest communication.
lblambert Saturday 8/23/2008 at 03:16 PM | 17427
I just wanted to add that even though it may be past 45 days nce payment

You can still file a claim and there still is hope.

I was told...

"We do reserve the right to reopen any claim for investigation within 180 calendar days if we receive multiple complaints about a particular

seller. We will contact you by email if this is the case."

so file those claims ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

href="http://www.latexmaskcentral.com/seminar051.php">http://www.latexmaskcentral.com/seminar051.php

Barry "Bear" Blaisdell -

Ironically, Barry is an officer of the law himself,

which makes this suspect that much more dangerous.

Barry is known for his quick hands
skidz Tuesday 8/26/2008 at 12:59 AM | 17554
fuck the 125 dollars. barry can keep it. i dont wanna waste any more time on this matter. seemed he had a lot of talent and could of made lots of money by being straight down the line with everyone. but seems not..

i hope he comes through but i wont count on it.

im finished with this
deano7879 Monday 9/01/2008 at 06:20 PM | 18046
please file a complaint if any of this involves you

href="http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx">http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx
skidz Sunday 9/07/2008 at 07:52 AM | 18462
So, has anyone gotten their mask or refund yet?
Blazer45398 Wednesday 9/24/2008 at 11:16 AM | 19418
I'm curious about this also.

Any new developments?
gummi Sunday 9/28/2008 at 11:19 PM | 19775
So has anybody gotten a finished mask, blank mask, full refund or partial refund yet?
DaShape Monday 10/06/2008 at 09:24 PM | 20213
So has anybody gotten a finished mask, blank mask, full refund or partial refund yet?

Nope...my problem isn't with Bear. He sent my blank to Crash as he was paid to do but Crash hasn't gotten it to me.
lblambert Monday 10/06/2008 at 10:37 PM | 20217

Nope...my problem isn't with Bear. He sent my blank to Crash as he was paid to do but Crash hasn't gotten it to me.

Hey Lee.

Wasn't your copy one of the two that were supposedly sent out by Crash a while ago?
gummi Tuesday 10/07/2008 at 07:41 AM | 20254

Hey Lee.

Wasn't your copy one of the two that were supposedly sent out by Crash a while ago?

Yep...June 14 was when he promised to ship them the first time. Then in August when the shit started hitting the fan here and Crash's name got included he promised to send them out again. Surprise surprise...neither myself nor vezolution (who was getting the other one from Crash) received anything.
lblambert Tuesday 10/07/2008 at 09:27 PM | 20283
Ok, so how do we capture the Bear in the bear trap? He nor are his friends responding to my messages. Anybody know his address or phone number or perhaps any other crime tes??
Blazer45398 Saturday 10/11/2008 at 01:51 AM | 20506
well, nce CRASH's horrorbid forum account "isn't working" it seems his username is going strong over at mm.net.

So strong he's got time to sell a few things.

Maybe his personal e-mail isn't working so if you have a michael-myers.net account maybe you might want to pop over there and ask him the status of your mask . . .

Here's the link to the thread that he startedhttp://www.michael-myers.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=40024
DaShape Sunday 10/12/2008 at 11:48 PM | 20592
Oh, I've seen the thread yesterday, but I know what you mean. I also asked him for an update like 2 or 3 weeks ago and he said nothing came in as of yet. I don't wanna keep bugging him. At this point, I want my money back already.
Blazer45398 Monday 10/13/2008 at 11:01 AM | 20628
I have an update...just got back home this afternoon and mine was waiting for me from Crash.
lblambert Monday 10/20/2008 at 09:16 PM | 21112
I have an update...just got back home this afternoon and mine was waiting for me from Crash.

I'm completely speechless!

I can't believe you got it!

Post some pics once you get settled in.
DaShape Tuesday 10/21/2008 at 05:18 AM | 21142

I'm completely speechless!

I can't believe you got it!

Post some pics once you get settled in.

lblambert Wednesday 10/22/2008 at 06:21 PM | 21273
Damn! These eyes are complety crazy! Nice prop, dude!
LÜCKMANN Wednesday 10/22/2008 at 06:27 PM | 21275
mply Amazing!

I wish I had mine, and BARRY IS STILL NOT ANSWERING. I should put him in jail already...I wish.
Blazer45398 Wednesday 10/22/2008 at 06:37 PM | 21277
Anyone else gets theirs in or got their money back at all???
Blazer45398 Saturday 1/17/2009 at 08:28 AM | 32293
Same SHIT happened with me and Don from MBK studios. Paid for the Jason mask and never received. He was also telling me that he is having hard time in his life and so on.Robbed me for 133 dollars.

You have a lot of bad man on the internet taking money from honest working people!

Klempo Saturday 1/17/2009 at 12:30 PM | 32307
Ive been owed a bernie mask for a couple years now.

YEARS.
LoKi Friday 2/27/2009 at 09:12 AM | 37863